Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
u should screen shot this... for posteriority. After all, it's Bestheda :whistle2:
No need to.

It's already been done for us:

capture-20150622-224200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So in other PC news, even if 99% of the people reading this won't care, the latest GOG Galaxy finally recognizes my Witcher 3 as valid and fully updated.

I'm actually more excited about this than the Steam sale.
I wish I could say the same. I'm pretty sure the game is too much for my weak PC-fu anyway at this point, but I'm still getting that stupid "Installation Failed: Out of Disk Space" error with Galaxy, even though I have ~200 Gb free on my main drive.

With the new system of two hours before Steam cards drop, I can barely bring myself to idle.

I may have to start actually *shudder* playing the games to get drops.
I idle when I'm sleeping or at work. I suppose my computer could technically be finding alien life or curing cancer or folding proteins but making 2¢ an hour is pretty important, too.

If Rambo The Video Game is such a trainwreck... why can't I stop playing the game?
It took me an embarrassingly long eight hours to bring myself to realize that Beasts of Prey was terrible and I should stop playing it.

I idle when I'm sleeping or at work. I suppose my computer could technically be finding alien life or curing cancer or folding proteins but making 2¢ an hour is pretty important, too.

It took me an embarrassingly long eight hours to bring myself to realize that Beasts of Prey was terrible and I should stop playing it.
It was worth it for the "pants" screenshot.

I took a vacation day to play Batman today. I find myself watching Twitch on the 2nd monitor more than playing it. The performance is really souring the experience for me.

Not sure if you have a MicroCenter near you, but this Thermaltake case is average in construction and utility, but great for the price (after rebate). I also have one of these.
I saw that one and not bad for the price, but I will see if I can find one avoiding the rebate. I saw some oldish cases on craig's list, one iwth only USB 2.0 slots, but I figure I use the main MOBO USB and my USB hub and i should be fine.
I have this case too, and while cable management is not ideal, it's acceptable. Good construction for the price you pay. Be aware that you'll pay a little more for fans if you want any top mounted internally, because they need to be low-profile. Otherwise they'll hit your CPU cooler/RAM. It's not designed for water cooling either, but you can outfit it to work.

P.S. One of my built-in front USB ports died after about 2 months. But since that's an issue with your current case anyway Fox, nothing you can't handle.

Not sure if you have a MicroCenter near you, but this Thermaltake case is average in construction and utility, but great for the price (after rebate). I also have one of these.
I saw that one and not bad for the price, but I will see if I can find one avoiding the rebate. I saw some oldish cases on craig's list, one iwth only USB 2.0 slots, but I figure I use the main MOBO USB and my USB hub and i should be fine.
I have this case too, and while cable management is not ideal, it's acceptable. Good construction for the price you pay. Be aware that you'll pay a little more for fans if you want any top mounted internally, because they need to be low-profile. Otherwise they'll hit your CPU cooler/RAM. It's not *specifically* designed for water cooling either, but you can outfit it to work.

P.S. One of my built-in front USB ports died after about 2 months. But since that's an issue with your current case anyway Fox, nothing you can't handle.

Who the hell did the Batman AK PC version?

Rocksteady speaks:

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341#M7537

Hi all

We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.

We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share.

Thanks

CODA

I took a vacation day to play Batman today. I find myself watching Twitch on the 2nd monitor more than playing it. The performance is really souring the experience for me.
Make sure you updated the drivers for your GPU with the AK drivers that got released. That helped me out tremendously with performance issues.

I kinda wanna feel bad for all the people who still pre-order AAA games and expect them to be great on day one. But then again . . .

Dumbass
Eh, I'm assuming (hoping) that the people here bought it via eBay or through Nuuvem or some other scenario where they didn't drop $60 on it. If I pre-purchase a game I really want for 66% off and have to wait a week after launch to play it, I still consider it a win.

I had issues with Arkham City as well upon launch but I'm fortunately having none with Arkham Knight. Game runs close to 60fps with no Gameworks, and 30~40fps with those activated. I have a GTX 970 and 8GB RAM. I'm running the very latest NVIDIA drivers.

No need to.

It's already been done for us:

capture-20150622-224200.jpg
What kind of cheap junk do they make consoles out of anyway? It really doesn't take that much horsepower under the hood of a pc to manage to match the performance of a console and still get 60 fps at 1080.

What kind of cheap junk do they make consoles out of anyway? It really doesn't take that much horsepower under the hood of a pc to manage to match the performance of a console and still get 60 fps at 1080.
For the PS4 and Xbox One, Microsoft and Sony both opted for a semi-custom AMD APU — a 28nm part fabricated by TSMC that features an eight-core Jaguar CPU, paired with a Radeon 7000-series GPU.

You'd think that, designing for AMD processors/video in the consoles, these people could competently port for AMD processors/video in PCs.

I realize that it's not "just that easy" but I refuse to believe that it's "that hard" either.

What's with all this new release talk; I thought this was CheapAssGamer, not FakeyBroGamer.

So to get things back on topic: what is everyone having for lunch? I packed myself a ham sandwich.

You'd think that, designing for AMD processors/video in the consoles, these people could competently port for AMD processors/video in PCs.

I realize that it's not "just that easy" but I refuse to believe that it's "that hard" either.
that will be the day, amd cannot even get their own newly released gpu right, without having any issues. that is why nvidia has like an 76% market share, and amd only has 24%

What's with all this new release talk; I thought this was CheapAssGamer, not FakeyBroGamer.
I'm thinking this here w/ Batman AK PC might wind-up similar to what happened Witcher 3 PC.

I'm guessing many might've either FakeyBro'd Batman AK PC out-right; received NVidia voucher for it b/c they bought a high-end NVidia card recently; bought someone's extra key from The Cesspool; or someone had an extra key that just gave it away to them.

that will be the day, amd cannot even get their own newly released gpu right, without having any issues.
Yeah, not like those flawless 4gb *cough* 3.5gb cards nVidia launched, right? :roll:

that is why nvidia has like an 76% market share, and amd only has 24%
AMD also has 100% of the next-gen console marketshare which is where AAA developers start these days and was kind of my point, not some weird tech-partisan dong waving.

Yeah, not like those flawless 4gb *cough* 3.5gb cards nVidia launched, right? :roll:

AMD also has 100% of the next-gen console marketshare which is where AAA developers start these days and was kind of my point, not some weird tech-partisan dong waving.
That was kinda messed up by Nvidia. They did do the right thing and offered refunds though. I'll admit that it was probably all business and PR related and not out of the kindness of their hearts.

The 3.5 gb thing really isn't a big deal if you don't care about 4k gaming. Heck, at this point I'm not sure I even care about 1440.

That was kinda messed up by Nvidia. They did do the right thing and offered refunds though. I'll admit that it was probably all business and PR related and not out of the kindness of their hearts.

The 3.5 gb thing really isn't a big deal if you don't care about 4k gaming. Heck, at this point I'm not sure I even care about 1440.
3.5GB issue might matter later, when games decide to require 4GB VRAM to run.

Hell, some games have actual graphical settings wanting 4GB VRAM and above - SoM, anyone?

some 4k gaming monitors are the same cost as 980 ti,

its going to be really funny when someone buys a couple bundles from bundlestars and gets a gift of a game already included in one of the bundles they bought

How many bundles to get a young lady in hot pants and an ammo belt?

You'd THINK that Bundlestars would put this promotion and any details (do you have to spend all at once or does it keep track?) on their front page but nope.  That would, you know, make sense.

I assume it's all at once but my point is that their site design leaves something to be desired.

Had Witcher 3 and Batman AK last night and didn't have these so called 'issues'.  Although my system only has SSDs.  The 2 games have been running fine for me.

"he's a man, not a god"
Having played the game for a couple of hours I think Angry Joe is just a really bad player. I went back to his review to see what he said and I found myself disagreeing with several points, in particular the one that says "Perks are very little help";

I found the "Headshots heal 5% HP" perk incredibly useful in keeping Rambo alive.

Though I really hate the stupid QTEs. I keep missing them.

Hahahahahahah.

Eurogamer says the culprit is Iron Galaxy Studios. Well, at least it's not High Voltage again, thank hell.

While I am happy console players are getting a decently optimized version, I'm not happy with PC players getting stuck with a Dark Souls 1 quality port. So stupid.

They can't code for both chipsets under all the weight of the money that NVidia dumps on them.

If you read the "reviews", they are all "wah, my game doesn't run at (insert expected performance level here) and Batman kicked my dog!"

I've only played 81 minutes, but it feels rock solid to me (NVidia) and looks amazing. The Batmobile is a fun addition and I think I'm going to enjoy the game -- we'll see.

But yeah, if you haven't played one of the previous games, just go do that and wait to see what kind of performance increases they can pump out via drivers or patches. It's not at all a "bad" port, but it's certainly demanding on the hardware.
It is a bad port lol.

I don't disagree with you in some respects. There are more than a few people who have great rigs that exceed the recommended (and are Nvidia hardware) that are reporting having big issues with very bad FPS and graphical problems. It is working great for people, but its also working like crap for many as well.

That is the definition of a "bad port". A good port will function well on a variety of configurations out of the box. Of course, every game is going to have issues that need to be patched here and there, but the only game in recent memory that was getting it as bad in the way of complaints out of the box that this is was AC Unity and that cannot be called a good port by anyone. Its a mark of bad QC and failure to conduct playtesting over a variety of configs which is inexcusable for a AAA developer with multimillion dollar budgets. Its not a console version where only 2 configurations exist.

That said, I think some are OTT with the complaining, but if it gets the game patched sooner and functioning better, than its a good thing. If the reviews are the only way people feel they have to communicate with the developer, so be it. I paid barely anything for the game so its win-win for me regardless.

I'm sure even the "AAA Blockbusters" are stuff like Batman: Arkham Asylum or Tomb Raider that everyone and their dog owns by now and regularly sell for $3.99

Um, yeah...so I bought another pack that was over $8 that I didn't have and got Avencast: Rise of the Mage.

This Bundlestars promotion is horrible. Straight up BS.

I wish I could say the same. I'm pretty sure the game is too much for my weak PC-fu anyway at this point, but I'm still getting that stupid "Installation Failed: Out of Disk Space" error with Galaxy, even though I have ~200 Gb free on my main drive.
That sucks. I actually haven't used GOG Galaxy to update anything on it, and my SSD only has like 10 GB left, and I've never seen that error.

I installed the patch manually, rebooted for other reasons, GOG Galaxy updated, then I verified the Witcher 3 install. It downloaded ~500 MB, don't know if it even installed anything, and it no longer tells me "invalid"

i'm getting 45-60 fps with my budget pc (i5 4460, gtx 960, 12 gb) on low settings. which is fine for me, cuz it's better than console.
How is that a "budget" PC?

or "update available."

bread's done
Back