Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that MysterD wrecked his new rig driving a load of used prophylactics from Prague to Bratislava in Euro Truck Simulator 2. 

A89A77E16A673816461114AC3C1EC18CFDA967B5.jpeg

No posts for 8 hours?!?  Has that ever happened in the history of CAG or did I just break the thread idling you were doing?  Sorry if I missed the memo.

Sorry chaps. I had work to do this morning and, y'know, the rest of you were asleep.

It's ok. It happens. Just post something about Dragon Age and wait for MyD to pop up, his sensors run on five minute sweeps.

Whew, thought maybe I missed the CAG rapture or something & I was the only one left because I didn't buy HuniePop yet.  Whore feelings spared.  Carry on.

I have it on good authority that MysterD wrecked his new rig driving a load of used prophylactics from Prague to Bratislava in Euro Truck Simulator 2.
What I find most astounding about that image is that the truck clearly jackknifed, which I'm reasonably certain in the real world would have caused at least some damage to the trailer and its contents, yet it and they are wholly intact. Those must be some remarkably resilient prophylactics.

Life Is Strange: Episode 4 is coming out on July 28th, next Tuesday.

Episode 4 TRAILER (in the spoilers box below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69bNX7PLopM

Last edited by a moderator:
Life Is Strange: Episode 4 is coming out on July 28th, next Tuesday.

Episode 4 TRAILER (in the spoilers box below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69bNX7PLopM
Have you actually played it and if so do you really like it? If not, why the hell are you posting about Oh My Gawd Becky Look At My Selfie Episode 4?

*Edited to add: On a completely unrelated note, so EA basically raped and pillaged Richard Garriott's empire (for a buttload of cash so he could go into space and build a castle in Texas) in order to use the name Origin for the client no one wanted only to change their mind and go 'Oh yeah, maybe we should just call it EA Downloader 2.0 after all'.

Good job guys.

What I find most astounding about that image is that the truck clearly jackknifed, which I'm reasonably certain in the real world would have caused at least some damage to the trailer and its contents, yet it and they are wholly intact. Those must be some remarkably resilient prophylactics.
Rubbers bounce. Moran.

I loved Life Is Strange: Episodes 1-3 + have been waiting for Ep 4.

My (long-winded) thoughts here on Eps 1-3:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/530647080133925863/
sometimes I feel characters say things that either a teenager wouldn't say (i.e. who says "Amaze-balls!" in this era?)
Pretty much. Like I've said before, it's a game about teenage girls in the Pacific Northwest made by middle aged Frenchmen.

I definitely noticed a lot of 90s slang.

The whole thing is pretty melodramatic and angsty too. I guess if you've got a high tolerance for that nonsense it could be okay.

I personally preferred the much maligned by Syntax Error Total Recall in Paris setting of their last game.

Motoki feels about Life is Strange like I do about Remember Me.
Yup. It's a flaming turd to me. I'd rather play all the games from 8 Poopees Greenlight bundles back to back.

Anyone play Elder Scrolls Online? I picked it up for $12 from GMG. I'm bad at paying attention some times so now I have a sadface that it didn't +1 my Steam count.

I've heard that that card only has split of 3.5 GB on 256-bit bus + other .5 GB on 32-bit bus. Someone here mentioned it... I can't remember who... :whistle2:k
FTFY.

About that 3.5 GB 256-bit bus + 0.5 GB 32-bit bus split on the 970:

http://www.pcgamer.com/why-nvidias-gtx-970-slows-down-using-more-than-35gb-vram/

EDIT:

ehh good enough for me. As long as it can match or beat my ps4 on all games I'm happy
You got an Enthusiast card ($300+ club), so you'll be crushing what a PS4 can do.

Expect to run everything at at least 1080p (you probably can go above that; probably 1440p if your monitor supports it; and even above that) & on likely set at High, Very High & Ultra settings on most games. :)

Just make sure if you do want to go to higher settings, run something that monitors your system like EVGA Precision X, RivaTuner, MSI Afterburner - and pay attention to how much VRAM it's eating-up. Make sure you show on the on-screen display the amount of GPU Memory Usage when running a game, to see this. If it's eating high numbers of VRAM (i.e. it's getting close to what you have + maybe trying to go over the 3.5GB VRAM issue) so that it begins to sutter & slow-down - you're gonna have to turn something down.

Batman AK is notorious for eating-up high amounts of VRAM - i.e. 1080p at Ultra + High, it eats anywhere from 3GB to 4GB VRAM for me.

Enjoy your beast of a card and game-on!

FTFY.

About that 3.5 GB 256-bit bus + 0.5 GB 32-bit bus split:

http://www.pcgamer.com/why-nvidias-gtx-970-slows-down-using-more-than-35gb-vram/

EDIT:

You got an Enthusiast card ($300+ club), so you'll be crushing what a PS4 can do.

Expect to run everything at at least 1080p (you probably can go above that; probably 1440p if your monitor supports it; and even above that) & on likely set at High, Very High & Ultra settings on most games. :)

Just make sure if you do want to go to higher settings, run something that monitors your system like EVGA Precision X, RivaTuner, MSI Afterburner - and pay attention to how much VRAM it's eating-up. Make sure you show on the on-screen display the amount of GPU Memory Usage when running a game, to see this. If it's eating high numbers of VRAM (i.e. it's getting close to what you have + maybe trying to go over the 3.5GB VRAM issue) so that it begins to sutter & slow-down - you're gonna have to turn something down.

Batman AK is notorious for eating-up high amounts of VRAM - i.e. 1080p at Ultra + High, it eats anywhere from 3GB to 4GB VRAM for me.

Enjoy your beast of a card and game-on!
Thanks for the info. I'm loving the 970 so far. It has handled everything I have played on the highest settings with no issues. I have Precision X installed but haven't messed with overclocking yet.

Thanks for the info. I'm loving the 970 so far. It has handled everything I have played on the highest settings with no issues. I have Precision X installed but haven't messed with overclocking yet.
Awesome! :)

Precision X is decent enough for monitoring your system, game performance, stuff like that.

Never really tried it for overclocking purposes, so can't speak on that - even though you certainly can do so.

I have a separate install for EVGA Precision X Version 15 (for older DX9.0 and below games) and Version16 (which is really built for DX10.0 and above).

970 runs arkham knight fine. No need to turn down settings. If someone is using a 970 and claim the game is unplayable they either have some other system issue or they are a moran. Probably the latter. If it really is that bad, turning off gameworks smoke and lighting add about 20 fps for about 78fps average. At least in my testing. Either way, 970 gets the job done maxed out even though it only has VRAM VRAM VRAM VR.

Mini Metro is ****ing awesome you plebs. 15% off as a "deal," is laughable though.

Edit: CAG didn't censor?! Not that I mind but don't want to deal with mods.

Those ES 'deals' are turrble. Watch them be top sellers on Steam's front page too because the unwashed masses don't know about other sites like GMG.

bread's done
Back