Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
4f0e5d1ee775c7f8eab906aec7993c72ea396946a9f10dfd6cce56c0846a2b16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This was unfortunate to read:

Mr. Bree Developer shot and killed during suspected robbery
On 12/04/15, Jock Lucas (25), developer of the popular platformer game on Steam Mr. Bree, was shot and killed during a suspected robbery outside a church in Brazil. 

Jock Lucas found success with his game on Steam after it was Greenlit by the community and was even featured in Opium Pulses recent Stay Positive bundle, it was a massive shock to us that his life came to an end during such a positive period as an innovative and successful young man. 

FF VIII is $3.77 and it looks like I could have purchased it in the US without any VPN malarkey. Only problem is surely FF 7 and 8 will be bundled eventually. I think I'll not play all the other crap I've hoarded until it happens.

Goddammit
Eh, it was only 20%. You can find it very easily for about that price from gift traders/sellers for around 10 or so CSGO keys. Most sellers sell CSGO keys at $2 a pop.

This guy is a very reliable seller and theres probably someone in the trade section here that may be able to do it for you as well.

Basically, if you want it at the sale price, you can get it at the sale price if you look around. Its kind of like Rocket League, which is always obtainable for about $16/8 keys.

Two player split screen on PC?

TREYARCH ANTI-CHEAT? Yeah I don't trust that one bit.
I'd say if PC gamers decide to hook-up their PC to a big HDTV - yeah, split screen makes sense there. Dunno how it'd make sense, sitting 2 PC players in front of a monitor.

A lot of the stuff they list should be standard features in a modern PC game, IMHO.

i.e. Better chat system in MP; Ded-servers for MP; 4K support; gamepad support (since this game's also on the console); GPU + SLI/Crossfire optimization.

Some PC games don't even go to those lengths on PC to include even useful things like FOV sliders (or don't give some players enough of a FOV slider) + especially framerate caps. I have to often use a 3rd party program (like EVGA Precision X or MSI Afterburner) to cap the damn framerate so it ain't jumping around all over the place.

FF VIII is $3.77 and it looks like I could have purchased it in the US without any VPN malarkey. Only problem is surely FF 7 and 8 will be bundled eventually.
The other problem is that you have to sit through Squall and Rinoa. It's like all the acting and pathos of Twilight but without the vampires.

The other problem is that you have to sit through Squall and Rinoa. It's like all the acting and pathos of Twilight but without the vampires.
FFVIII Spoilers

And there's also the disappointment of building Ultimecia up as a villain, after we found out Edea was possessed by her. That right there was a great plot-twist to set-up Ultimecia as a villain, but they barely do much of anything with Ultimecia after that!

By the end, when you finally meet Ultimecia - it's like "Yeah, whatever..."

At least w/ Kefka (FF6) + Sephiroth (FF7), they were quite built-up as characters + villains.

While I did like FF8, it was still often a bloody mess w/ its story.

https://twitter.com/VG247/status/629552368137342976
Ummmm - Steam was already running great without Microsoft!

And games been selling very well for Valve w/ Steam, as well.

It's almost as if M$ is saying, "Steam, you'd be nothing if you didn't run on Windows!" or "Steam, you'd be nothing if we weren't just starting to put our Microsoft published games on Steam!"

It's now that...well, Microsoft in most instances needs to sell games since the X1 is way behind PS4 in sales & Windows 8 bombed, so they're going to have to use Steam to run their games to make PC gamers happy...at least for now, anyways. Wouldn't surprise me at some point if M$ makes a mistake, eventually ditches Steam, and decides to again try to compete w/ Steam.

Who the hell is going to trust Microsoft + buy many games that only either nowadays use Windows Store or G4WL? We know M$'s track record w/ game-clients - and it's horrible. Worse than GOG Galaxy, for crying out loud. At least GOG Galaxy functions; works; updates properly; doesn't have possible save issues; and can be optionally avoided officially if need be.

On 12/04/15, Jock Lucas (25), developer of the popular platformer game on Steam Mr. Bree, was shot and killed during a suspected robbery outside a church in Brazil.

Jock Lucas found success with his game on Steam after it was Greenlit by the community and was even featured in Opium Pulses recent Stay Positive bundle, it was a massive shock to us that his life came to an end during such a positive period as an innovative and successful young man.
That's terrible, I loved that game.

On 12/04/15, Jock Lucas (25), developer of the popular platformer game on Steam Mr. Bree, was shot and killed during a suspected robbery outside a church in Brazil.

Rest In Peace. Always sad to hear of someone die so young. Been meaning to check out Mr. Bree so I'll take this as a sign.

Ummmm - Steam was already running great without Microsoft!

And games been selling very well for Valve w/ Steam, as well.

It's almost as if M$ is saying, "Steam, you'd be nothing if you didn't run on Windows!" or "Steam, you'd be nothing if we weren't just starting to put our Microsoft published games on Steam!"

It's now that...well, Microsoft in most instances needs to sell games since the X1 is way behind PS4 in sales & Windows 8 bombed, so they're going to have to use Steam to run their games to make PC gamers happy...at least for now, anyways. Wouldn't surprise me at some point if M$ makes a mistake, eventually ditches Steam, and decides to again try to compete w/ Steam.

Who the hell is going to trust Microsoft + buy many games that only either nowadays use Windows Store or G4WL? We know M$'s track record w/ game-clients - and it's horrible. Worse than GOG Galaxy, for crying out loud. At least GOG Galaxy functions; works; updates properly; doesn't have possible save issues; and can be optionally avoided officially if need be.
Does Games for Windows Live run on Windows 10? I'm actually not being snarky, and before anyone chimes in with it didn't run on Windows 7 or 8, yeah, yeah, I know it's a piece of shit. I have a bunch of games in my backlog that still require Games for Windows Live and there is a greater than 0% possibility that I might actually play one or more of them.

So this question goes out to anyone that updated to Windows 10 that had GFWL installed prior to the update. Are games that require it still working?

Thanks!

The BEST thing M$oft can do is to actively work with devs to remove all remaining instances of GFWL, then fully migrate those games to Steam and stay out of everything else. Make DX12 the best it can be and then fuck right off.

Uplay. Almost everything Ubi retail activates to UPlay with only very rare exceptions like South Park.

Does Games for Windows Live run on Windows 10? I'm actually not being snarky, and before anyone chimes in with it didn't run on Windows 7 or 8, yeah, yeah, I know it's a piece of shit. I have a bunch of games in my backlog that still require Games for Windows Live and there is a greater than 0% possibility that I might actually play one or more of them.

So this question goes out to anyone that updated to Windows 10 that had GFWL installed prior to the update. Are games that require it still working?

Thanks!
No clue. I haven't upgraded to Win 10 yet.

I ain't looked into getting G4WL working on Win 10.

I'd love to hear if anyone got G4WL going on Win 10, also.

I did get G4WL working on Win 8 - but even on W8, it was a royal pain-in-the-butt to get G4WL going so I could run FO3.

The Witcher 3 Patch 1.08 is out.

Well, it's out at least on GOG right now.

I don't know if it's out for Steam-version owners yet - but y'all might wanna hop on Steam & see if updates (or not) to see if it's out on Steam yet (or not).

Hopefully, it's there already for y'all.
Yeah, patch is available on Steam. Just downloaded.

Thanks!
I just loaded up Fallout 3 and Halo 2 on Windows 10 and both were able to log me into GFWL.

Must have, the Reddit post also has tons of people talking about receiving no keys for them as well (XIII, XIII-2, VIII, etc.)
Bleh. Let us know if any of your keys come in soon. Hopefully, they do.

I still ain't decided if I'm gonna jump on FF8 & 13-2, since I can see those here for sale in the USA. We'll see.

I'd for sure have jumped on 13-2, if I actually did finish 13-1 - but, I haven't finished 13-1.

Nuuvem here does give me major incentive to work on 13-1, though.

I should get back to 13-1.

Bleh. Let us know if any of your keys come in soon. Hopefully, they do.

I still ain't decided if I'm gonna jump on FF8 & 13-2, since I can see those here for sale in the USA.

I'd for sure have jumped on 13-2, if I actually did finish 13-1.

Nuuvem here does gives me major incentive to work on 13-1, though.
13-2 is really good. It's actually the last FF game I beat (tho it was on PS3 and about 3 years ago).

I'm actually gonna chance it and buy it for PC from Nuuvem even tho I wont get a key right away ;D

Lowest prices on these games I have seen lately, if not ever.

I'll update if anything comes through.

bread's done
Back