Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
aliens_colonial_marines_update_from_randy_pitchford_cd.jpg

And just look how happy he is.

Happy with my Krieg purchase since it finally does a melee character right while still allowing you to have fun with guns.  But... yeah... Borderlands has excessive amounts of cash grab DLC.  TPS is a $5 or bust purchase for me.

can someone explain to me why i shouldn't buy Battlefront on GMG with the 26% off coupon? any hints to it being cheaper than $44.40?

my son wants it and i'll be sure to play at least some of it... just wish that you could share games on origin like you can on steam

can someone explain to me why i shouldn't buy Battlefront on GMG with the 26% off coupon? any hints to it being cheaper than $44.40?

my son wants it and i'll be sure to play at least some of it... just wish that you could share games on origin like you can on steam
I got plenty of reasons:

1. When has a DICE game ever been stable at launch?
  2. Who knows how crazy Day 1 will be for online MP w/ people trying to get online to play each other. Titanfall, anyone?
  3. There is no real SP Campaign mode in this Battlefront reboot.
  4. That deal is not 75% off and/or $10 or less.
  5. And who knows how much DLC EA + DICE will offer up to that game.

And that's just for starters. I'm sure I could come up w/ more reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^thanks, that is exactly what i was looking for.
I'm sure Battlefront will be a blast + tons of fun - but, I really don't see much value for myself w/ it out-the-box. And I also think Day 1 will be a pain-in-the-butt online...just like Titanfall was.

MP-based games are getting worse and worse w/ this value out-the-box thing - especially when they don't pump out SDK's to let modders make maps, mod the game rules, and any modding things of that sort.

In the old days - Quake 2 + 3 & RTCW ate up so much time for me, whether playing SP or MP. If the content they provided wasn't enough or felt like it was starting to run low - well...there were always were tons of maps, mods, and whatnot from the mod community. A lot of today's newer games ain't like that anymore, sadly.

Yeah but now you have to explain all of that to your son.
well he is 14 and i've trained him pretty well so far to wait for the right deal. he's got plenty of stuff to keep him busy until we get to see what the game ends up being at launch. also thanks to arkham knight for adding fuel to my "don't pre-order" explanation, lol

well he is 14 and i've trained him pretty well so far to wait for the right deal. he's got plenty of stuff to keep him busy until we get to see what the game ends up being at launch. also thanks to arkham knight for adding fuel to my "don't pre-order" explanation, lol
I think it's often best to research: wait for feedback from reviews + gamers who want to be "buying Beta testers" before pre-ordering a title, or buying a game week of release, or buying a title not too long after launch. Doing the homework + research is often the most important part of the ordeal, IMHO. Horrible not-so-consumer-friendly practices from publishers often gives us gamers so much fuel for the "so many reasons to NOT buy games ASAP" factor that it just ain't even funny anymore.

I'm really sketchy around Battlefront (on the consoles...PS4) to be exact. I just don't think enough has been shown though the graphics look great.

I got plenty of reasons:

• When has a DICE game ever been stable at launch?
  • Who knows how crazy Day 1 will be for online MP w/ people trying to get online to play each other. Titanfall, anyone?
  • There is no real SP Campaign mode in this Battlefront reboot.
  • That deal is not 75% off and/or $10 or less.
  • And who knows how much DLC EA + DICE will offer up to that game.
And that's just for starters. I'm sure I could come up w/ more reasons.
1. I played Battlefield 3 and 4 from launch with no significant issues.

2. I played Titanfall at launch with no issues.

3. Anyone interested in buying the game at launch knows this already.

4. Who cares how much it costs if you know you will get a proportionate amount of enjoyment out of it?

5. A lot. The same as all AAA multiplayer games. Which, again, anyone interested would already know.

I've never played the original Battlefront. But I hope this one is great. I wont buy It at launch, unless some friends I use to play with do it. I'm interested on this one

1. I played Battlefield 3 and 4 from launch with no significant issues.

2. I played Titanfall at launch with no issues.

3. Anyone interested in buying the game at launch knows this already.

4. Who cares how much it costs if you know you will get a proportionate amount of enjoyment out of it?

5. A lot. The same as all AAA multiplayer games. Which, again, anyone interested would already know.
1. Just b/c you had no such issues, doesn't mean others did or didn't. Well known fact: BF games often launch with issues. Right, Battlefield 3 & Battlefield 4?

2. On the midnight release and even the day after - forget it, had to keep trying to connect to get into a match. Servers were hammered. It was terrible. Thank God that I won this game in a content - that's the only reason I had Titanfall on the week of release. What a crap-show that was, on its first few days of its PC release.

3. This is CAG - of course we care about that price, costs, and amount of time spent with a game. This is not #FakeyBroCentral. Who the hell wants to spend $40+ on a game that likely ain't going to last them a lot of time? I know I really don't.

4. I guess I should've put "rhetorical" in my statement. Yes, we know EA + DICE are going to slaughter us w/ DLC packs, Premium DLC Pack, the inevitable Premium Edition (with Base Game + ALL DLC) - like they've always done. Might be best to just way for major price-cut on Base Game & DLC Complete Pack (when they happen) or later buy the Complete Edition.

I've never played the original Battlefront. But I hope this one is great. I wont buy It at launch, unless some friends I use to play with do it. I'm interested on this one
I'm definitely interested in Battlefront reboot - but, not this early in the ballgame. WAY too early, IMHO.

I have the original Battlefront 1+2 from retail. Bought them cheap, years ago. For some reason - never got to them.

EDIT:

Just tried inserting my old Battlefront1+2 retail keys into Steam. Nope, those don't activate. Bummer.

3. This is CAG - of course we care about that price, costs, and amount of time spent with a game. This is not #FakeyBroCentral. Who the hell wants to spend $40+ on a game that likely ain't going to last them a lot of time? I know I really don't.
So, uh...anybody else just GMGeybro Fallout 4, NBA 2K16, and Just Cause 3?

Because I certainly didn't.

:whistle2:

Been playing Arkham Knight and Im at this mission where my pc crashes. Tried it 3 times already. I hope they release a patch for this soon....

Now I want to get the other 2 good Batman Games. Have they gone on sale lately?

Has anyone experienced screen tearing while browsing in Firefox recently? It's maddening because this shit was not happening yesterday and the only culprit I can think of is fuck ing Win 10, as it installed updates last night.

I'm borderline sick of this shit and I think I'm going back to 8.1.

No VRAM jokes, unless they're really funny.

Has anyone experienced screen tearing while browsing in Firefox recently? It's maddening because this shit was not happening yesterday and the only culprit I can think of is fuck ing Win 10, as it installed updates last night.

I borderline sick of this shit and I think I'm going back to 8.1.

I hear Firefox just eats up VRAM. Maybe try that Chinese browser MyD uses.

I borderline sick of this shit and I think I'm going back to 8.1.

Firefox? I thought we all jumped ship to Chrome years ago

I remember now. MyD uses Avant maybe because it's one letter from savant and 6 from idiot savant.

That isn't a joke either

Regarding Bing - both my gf and I had an issue where we had to go through the phone number thing every time we wanted to redeem a reward. Then it started telling us both that the hone land-line number we had used numerous times in the past was VoIP (it isn't). We both had to go through a twenty-email-back-and-forth-over-two-weeks process where we were 'manually validated' (whatever the hell that means) and now we supposedly won't ever have to do that again.

Now you all have me worried about getting banned since we typically do the quick-middle-click open all in separate tabs thing HitlerCat does. I guess I need to start spacing these things out.

Bing sure is making it more and more difficult for me to let them give me money! :grumpy-old-man-fist-shake:
Is your phone through a cable company? If so it would end up being VoIP.

Do any f you have any experience with 4k monitors? I'm thinking it's time to upgrade but I'm not sure if I want to move to 4k yet or not. Any recommendations? 27" and preferably under $500 each. Doesn't really need to be 4k I guess.

Is your phone through a cable company? If so it would end up being VoIP.
Nope. The power goes out in this area enough that we need an actual land line from an actual phone company.

Well, honestly, I don't (never use it) - but she seems pretty fond of it so we've kept it for safety reasons.

No surprise that Shadow of Mordor's a damn good test for benchmarking VRAM - since it has a recommended 6GB setting.

I think what most people will do is this: those due for a new card (i.e. those in the 1GB or lower VRAM club) will just get a 3-4GB VRAM card from AMD or NVidia & call it a day. That'll be in most gamers' budgets, I'd think - the $150-300 club.

We've seen in sales 3-4GB AMD R9's at around $150-200; 4GB GF 960's at around $200-220; and 3.5 GB GF 970 at $300.

And if gamers have to make due w/ what they got already or with what they will buy, they will.

Most of the newer-gen games seem to want at least 2GB required & recommend 3GB for at least 1080p. If VRAM buffers get in their way (i.e. 3.5 GB GF 970 users or those w/ AMD 3GB cards) and a game won't run right at higher settings - they'll just turn some graphical settings down the little bit they need to get it running + still looking nice, if need be. It's not like any games flat-out require 4GB right now to boot the game - that's just if you want stuff at High, Very High, or Ultra in most instances at at least 1080p.

bread's done
Back