Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
They deliver for sure. It takes a little under a year, but it gets to your doorstep. As for your second reason, well yeah, they are. Then again, we're all spending our free time glancing at a PC gaming board, talking 'bout VRAMS and imitating Pootie Pies.

We had Terraria and Beasts of Prey last week. I'm broing in DC right now on business, so I can't partake so Spoderbrony is the one in charge this week. Not sure if he's hosted any events. I know he said he was sick.

I know you miss the brofist. I'll be back next week though with my schreeching perfected. I've been practicing as I sit in the hotel room alone at night. FoooooxxxyyPIE!
Aw brah that's weak! OMG BLADEYBRAHHHHHHH OUT

Microsoft is supporting Steam by not garbaging it up with their janky F2P Fable game. If only Valve had that much respect for the quality of games on Steam!

I know you miss the brofist.
I believe the appropriate term is "brohoof."

brohoof.jpg

Save The Bros, da real Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewBG_jmMI40

P.D It's your fault, but man, those muscled guys ufff... so horny

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to note that Decay: The Mare is on sale at 90% off ($0.99) and I'm going to semi-fakeybro/anti-Mooby it. It's published by Daedalic, so Mooby would say wait for a bundle. It has cards. Motoki is the only #CAGbro that owns it already.

The Decay series was one of my favorite indie game series on Xbox back when I was a consul pheasant. The original series was a creepy, atmospheric point-and-click game with a decent story taking place over four chapters. I liked it enough to buy all four at a buck each. Puzzles are pretty creative in it, too. The same people developed this one, and the reviews are mostly positive.

So apparently Steam is up to 6,000 games in its catalog.  I honestly would have guessed higher given the amount of Greenlight and bundle crap.  If you're someone with 2,000 games in your library, you own a full third of the Steam catalog.

No idea if that 6k includes games removed from sale. [Edit: I should read past the headline... that 6,000 does not count any de-listed titles]

Also says that less than a year ago, Steam was at a mere 3,700 games which probably gives some hints about overall game quality in the past year.

That $50 for Original Sin I now and Original Sin II on Tuesday for a hamburger today is not going to cut it.
I blame you. You're in my mind. You single handedly made me go to Culver's and eat a damned hamburger. Dammit Motoki. I'm fat enough without you doing some crazy mind shit making me crave a hamburger.

Well, that and I also feel the need to watch the Popeye movie.

So apparently Steam is up to 6,000 games in its catalog. I honestly would have guessed higher given the amount of Greenlight and bundle crap. If you're someone with 2,000 games in your library, you own a full third of the Steam catalog.

No idea if that 6k includes games removed from sale. [Edit: I should read past the headline... that 6,000 does not count any de-listed titles]

Also says that less than a year ago, Steam was at a mere 3,700 games which probably gives some hints about overall game quality in the past year.
I wonder how much of those are shovelware

KtBR04e.gif

It's not stupid for Larian to do a Kickstarter. Why spend your money when you can spend someone else's? Why go to a bank for a loan with interest and payment dates when you can get people to throw a million dollars at you for a product at some point in the future? Hell, that's brilliant. If they could get away with it, Frito-Lay should be Kickstarting new Dorito flavors. Levi's should be Kickstarting new jean styles. Pharmaceutical companies should be Kickstarting new dick pills. "Send us $100 now and, if we get $110 million, in five years we'll send you a bottle of boner pills." Never spend your money if you can spend some other guy's.

Of course, I have no interest in giving them my money. At this point, the sole reason to Kickstart something is if the incentives make financial sense since they don't "need" your patronage from some artistic point of view. If you're not coming out ahead in tchotchkes, you're just being taken for a sucker.
Yeah, that was a poor choice of words on my part, I suppose. It seems absurd that they're doing Kickstarters when they should have made plenty of money on the last game to fund this one, but, yes, I suppose they should take advantage of any revenue stream open to them, especially when people are more than willing to bite. As of this posting, 1,337 people have apparently ponied up for that $50 pack that motoki mentioned earlier; we all know P.T. Barnum's famous saying about that.

That "over 6000" article was sourced from a guy on NeoGAF who searched for all of the listings and posted this:

xhd9X1t.png

According to Compare2Steam, there are 19105 items in the Steam library, and I have 3126 of them.

As of this posting, 1,337 people have apparently ponied up for that $50 pack that motoki mentioned earlier; we all know P.T. Barnum's famous saying about that.
You're ignoring the $400 divine hoodie-ites.

Never ceases to amaze me. But... we are a consumer driven economy. I wonder how many of them can afford that without using credit cards and paying that interest.

P.S. I haven't bit. Something is making me overly wary.

I wonder how much of those are shovelware
All of them.

We had Terraria and Beasts of Prey last week. I'm broing in DC right now on business, so I can't partake so Spoderbrony is the one in charge this week. Not sure if he's hosted any events. I know he said he was sick.

I know you miss the brofist. I'll be back next week though with my schreeching perfected. I've been practicing as I sit in the hotel room alone at night. FoooooxxxyyPIE!
Aw brah that's weak! OMG BLADEYBRAHHHHHHH OUT
I believe it may be time for one of my periodic disappearances from the Steam thread. I'm thinking a couple months this time.

You're ignoring the $400 divine hoodie-ites.

Never ceases to amaze me. But... we are a consumer driven economy. I wonder how many of them can afford that without using credit cards and paying that interest.

P.S. I haven't bit. Something is making me overly wary.
Well, I wasn't actively ignoring them. They're just not "leet" like the $50 crew.

In other news, this looks like an interesting premise that's probably marred by 5-year-old graphics and weird gameplay. I'm wondering why in the videos on the game's page, a cougar is being attacked by eagles. I'm not an expert in mountain lion predation, I guess, but this seems like as improbable a scenario as the cougar leaping 15 feet in the air to claw the eagle's body.

Weekend Deals
Up to 95% off Daedalic Weekend Sale

Play for FREE until Sunday at 1pm pacific.
75% off Company of Heroes 2 - $9.99 (75% off DLC)
75% off Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault - $9.99
75% off Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front - $4.99
75% off Company of Heroes Franchise Edition - $24.99
66% off Mount & Blade: Warband - $6.79 (Up to 66% off DLC)
50% off Mount & Blade Full Collection - $22.49

Daily Deal
40% off IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad (Steam) - $29.99

Weekly, Midweek and Weekend Deals
Ending 8/29
Up to 80% off Anuman Anniversary Sale

Ending 8/31
Up to 80% off Bioshock Weekend
75% off Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (Steam) - $2.50
75% off Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (Steam) - $5.00
75% off StarDrive (Steam) - $7.49
35% off StarDrive 2 (Steam) - $19.49
35% off StarDrive 2 Digital Deluxe Edition (Steam) - $22.74

Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
53% off The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) - $27.99
Current Voucher: 20% off GRAB20-PEROFF-NOWGMG (Expires 8/28 1700 UTC)

Bethesda Classics now DRM Free
33% off The Elder Scrolls Bundle - $21.37
66% off Fallout Classics Bundle - $9.99
33% off Retro Id Shooters Bundle - $17.31

Weekend Deals
Up to 95% off Daedalic Weekend Sale

Play for FREE until Sunday at 1pm pacific.
75% off Company of Heroes 2 - $9.99 (75% off DLC)
75% off Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault - $9.99
75% off Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front - $4.99
75% off Company of Heroes Franchise Edition - $24.99
66% off Mount & Blade: Warband - $6.79 (Up to 66% off DLC)
50% off Mount & Blade Full Collection - $22.49

Daily Deal
40% off IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad (Steam) - $29.99

Weekly, Midweek and Weekend Deals
Ending 8/29
Up to 80% off Anuman Anniversary Sale

Ending 8/31
Up to 80% off Bioshock Weekend
75% off Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (Steam) - $2.50
75% off Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (Steam) - $5.00
75% off StarDrive (Steam) - $7.49
35% off StarDrive 2 (Steam) - $19.49
35% off StarDrive 2 Digital Deluxe Edition (Steam) - $22.74

Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
53% off The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (GOG) - $27.99
Current Voucher: 20% off GRAB20-PEROFF-NOWGMG (Expires 8/28 1700 UTC)

Bethesda Classics now DRM Free
33% off The Elder Scrolls Bundle - $21.37
66% off Fallout Classics Bundle - $9.99
33% off Retro Id Shooters Bundle - $17.31
LOL, in seems like gmg is trying to spite cd project for accusing them of selling keys without getting it through them.

Do adults really dress like this? I know... I know... game developers. Going 3D was a huge mistake considering their last two titles sold well enough so why not just keep at it knowing you can keep the budget manageable? Granted, I got tired of it mid-way through the second game... would prefer them to make another shooter like Shadowgrounds.

Heh, checking the weather on my phone (since the app keeps going off about some warning) and see in the alerts part: 

Significant Weather Advisory 

Oh Arizona, you so silly. 

GMG is having an Encore Day on the Indie Sale, it's your chance to relive the last 6 days of underwhelming sales.

There are a few semi-decent deals, I guess. Spintires @ $7.49 is the only thing I'm moderately tempted by, the 20% off coupon should work with it.

Some of the encore deals are more expensive than they were earlier in the sale. They're like glitches, but noone wants to buy these kind of glitches. e.g. Just about all of the Daedelic stuff was cheaper earlier in the sale, including the Blackguards DLC which is $1.49 today, but was 89c during the sale.

This really has been one of the worst sales I've seen. Made worse by the fact I still have $77 of GMG credit to blow, but nothing to blow it on.

I'm guessing it's an intense heat warning?
Nah, though probably one of those in effect too right now. Supposedly some storms to the north (I think?) with 50mph+ wind gusts and tons of rain. Which means areas on the edge of the metro area will get it, while it'll just be humid and hot for the rest of us.

GMG is having an Encore Day on the Indie Sale, it's your chance to relive the last 6 days of underwhelming sales.

There are a few semi-decent deals, I guess. Spintires @ $7.49 is the only thing I'm moderately tempted by, the 20% off coupon should work with it.
Spintires is fun for about 15 minutes until you realize the entire game is just slogging through the mud at a drunken snail's pace. There are some mildly interesting environments, but you'll be too busy swearing at your controller to enjoy them.

Now I demand you to list 65 games better than Bad Rats
Not counting anything I haven't played, my Top 65 games on Steam:

1. Anomaly: Warzone Earth
  2. Atom Zombie Smasher
  3. Batman games
  4. BioShock games
  5. Borderlands
  6. Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  7. Call of Jaurez: Gunslinger
  8. Cargo Commander
  9. Chivalry
  10. Civilization games
  11. Coconut Queen
  12. Condemned: Criminal Origins
  13. Containment: The Zombie Puzzler
  14. Defense Grid
  15. Depth
  16. Dying Light
  17. Elder Scrolls games
  18. Eversion
  19. Fallout games
  20. Flight Control
  21. The Forest
  22. Fortix 2
  23. Gunpoint
  24. Hexcells
  25. Homefront
  26. Inversion
  27. Jolly Rover
  28. KAMI
  29. Kane & Lynch
  30. Karateka
  31. Killing Floor
  32. Love
  33. Lume
  34. Luxor
  35. Magic: DOTP games
  36. Mark of the Ninja
  37. Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
  38. Monaco
  39. Natural Selection 2
  40. Nazi Zombie Army games
  41. Payday games
  42. Plants vs. Zombies
  43. Puzzle Agent
  44. Puzzler World
  45. Quantum Conundrum
  46. Risk of Rain
  47. Rogue Warrior
  48. Saints Row games
  49. Samorost 2
  50. Savant - Ascent
  51. Scribblenauts
  52. Shelter
  53. Sleeping Dogs
  54. Spec Ops
  55. Splinter Cell games
  56. The Stanley Parable
  57. Star Trek
  58. Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
  59. Swords and Soldiers HD
  60. Thirty Flights of Loving
  61. Torchlight
  62. The Walking Dead
  63. Windosill
  64. Wizorb
  65. XCOM
And I know you were joking; I'm not MysterD. I just did it for fun.

Spintires is fun for about 15 minutes until you realize the entire game is just slogging through the mud at a drunken snail's pace. There are some mildly interesting environments, but you'll be too busy swearing at your controller to enjoy them.
Thanks mate, I'll probably hold out for a bundle appearance.

ARK: Survival Evolved appears to be having a free weekend but I don't see it listed. Odd.

Anyway, good chance for people to hop in, satisfy their curiosity, and be happy they didn't jump on it at 17% off during the last sale.

:whee:

Not counting anything I haven't played, my Top 65 games on Steam:

1. Anomaly: Warzone Earth
  2. Atom Zombie Smasher
  3. Batman games
  4. BioShock games
  5. Borderlands
  6. Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  7. Call of Jaurez: Gunslinger
  8. Cargo Commander
  9. Chivalry
  10. Civilization games
  11. Coconut Queen
  12. Condemned: Criminal Origins
  13. Containment: The Zombie Puzzler
  14. Defense Grid
  15. Depth
  16. Dying Light
  17. Elder Scrolls games
  18. Eversion
  19. Fallout games
  20. Flight Control
  21. The Forest
  22. Fortix 2
  23. Gunpoint
  24. Hexcells
  25. Homefront
  26. Inversion
  27. Jolly Rover
  28. KAMI
  29. Kane & Lynch
  30. Karateka
  31. Killing Floor
  32. Love
  33. Lume
  34. Luxor
  35. Magic: DOTP games
  36. Mark of the Ninja
  37. Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
  38. Monaco
  39. Natural Selection 2
  40. Nazi Zombie Army games
  41. Payday games
  42. Plants vs. Zombies
  43. Puzzle Agent
  44. Puzzler World
  45. Quantum Conundrum
  46. Risk of Rain
  47. Rogue Warrior
  48. Saints Row games
  49. Samorost 2
  50. Savant - Ascent
  51. Scribblenauts
  52. Shelter
  53. Sleeping Dogs
  54. Spec Ops
  55. Splinter Cell games
  56. The Stanley Parable
  57. Star Trek
  58. Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
  59. Swords and Soldiers HD
  60. Thirty Flights of Loving
  61. Torchlight
  62. The Walking Dead
  63. Windosill
  64. Wizorb
  65. XCOM
And I know you were joking; I'm not MysterD. I just did it for fun.
Wow...and I thought my post(s) took up lots of room + thread space around here... :)

I didn't care for PoE.  But that's just me.

Coconut Queen is the game that keeps on giving.  We should get that on Kickstarter.  I'd throw some money at that.

What to play this weekend.... Arc?  If it's free...

Nuuvem. Around $14
No habla espanol.

I have a VPN here at home for work that's real finicky if I try to do another. Sadly I can't risk that connection to save a few bucks on a game. That'd probably be a tough explanation.

No habla espanol.

I have a VPN here at home for work that's real finicky if I try to do another. Sadly I can't risk that connection to save a few bucks on a game. That'd probably be a tough explanation.
Google Chrome lets you transfer languages like Portuguese into English.

About the VPN thing - I'm with you on that. I just like buying games straight up via CC, Paypal, or whatever w/out any sort of VPN nonsense.

Drunkenly debating on whether to order most of the parts for my new PC tomorrow, build it using the old 7770 I've got laying around and then wait until my next check for whichever graphics card I end up picking out (R9 380 or 980ti) and the new monitor. Or just wait 2 more weeks and get everything at once. Blergh. I needs ma PC games.

Speaking of VPN shenanigans, Gamersgate was all about agreeing that some shady Russian mobsters used my account and "canceled my order" but, a week and change later, still haven't gotten around to refunding my coins.  :bs:

bread's done
Back