Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The funny thing about this review is this. "Mad Max the game is the opposite; it's got chase scenes and big explosions and bloody fights, but nothing to remember it for." How is that opposite of the movie? Thats all that horrible fucking movie was that people claimed to love...2 hours of action with no plot and nothing to remember except for the asshole with the flamethrower guitar strapped to the front of a car

I feel like some people are really invested in thinking Mad Max is bad to make themselves feel better about the fact that they refuse to shell out $20-$30 for when a bunch of us here have been vocal that we did.

I don't think any of us are going into it expecting a masterpiece. Dumb fun that looks pretty and ideally runs halfway decently is all I want. And I'm fine with that.

Ok need some advice from you guys. Its time to sort through all the friggin digital games i've bought the past several years. I just buy random bundles when they are at a good price and some single games when they're on sale over steam. Over the years these have really piled up. Im getting a new laptop so its time to start playing some of these i get stuff from:

GOG

Shiny Loot

Humblebundle

indiegalla

indieroyale

groupees

Bundlestars

Probably a few more im forgetting off the top of my head. GOG and shiny loot are kind of separate because they're not really steam related stuff, but all the others are and im sure i have doubles and triples of multiple things. How does redeeming work with most of these? Is it one key for each bundle, or is it individual keys per game? I'm hoping individual keys. Im just wondering which bundles i should redeem first and then not sure what i'll do with the extras

Also; does anyone know a good way to kinda organize everything i have? Id like some way of listing what i have and through what bundle/site... im guessing some kind of XL spreadsheet or something? Man this is going to take quite some time >_<
I have my stuff in two Google Sheets documents: one for all of the keys and one that's just basically games for which I have unredeemed keys. The latter is useful if you want to trade with someone and that person wants to know what you have. Like motoki said, it's a pain in the butt to get started, but once you have it going, you're just adding as you buy bundles, and that's not too bad. I usually update mine once every couple of weeks.

I feel like some people are really invested in thinking Mad Max is bad to make themselves feel better about the fact that they refuse to shell out $20-$30 for when a bunch of us here have been vocal that we did.

I don't think any of us are going into it expecting a masterpiece. Dumb fun that looks pretty and ideally runs halfway decently is all I want. And I'm fine with that.
I'm not expecting Mad Max to be bad. For me, I think it'll probably be more in line w/ IGN + GameRadar's reviews. I just have that feeling. I won't know til I buy the game, of course.

I just find the 6.0 from GameSpot + especially 5.0 from Polygon to be very harsh. It's not like the game sounds like it's broken, unstable, performance issues galore, or anything of that sort.

I know no one has a crystal ball, but should I take the 22% off Fallout 4 being offered by Green Man Gaming or is it still too early to jump on a deal? Pre-ordering games isn't something I normally do, but I'm on the hook to purchase this as a gift for someone (and probably myself as well).

I know no one has a crystal ball, but should I take the 22% off Fallout 4 being offered by Green Man Gaming or is it still too early to jump on a deal? Pre-ordering games isn't something I normally do, but I'm on the hook to purchase this as a gift for someone (and probably myself as well).
wait

I'm still on the fence about a sadpanda of it, but not sure if I should spend the money on it. Maybe I'll just get Lego Worlds.

panda_pony_adopt__closed__by_annie_pony-d7ndeic.png

And also, it's pretty fucking ridiculous that I can just google pony and any random word and find art to match.

FoxyPie Out

Never understood the rabid insanity that surrounds game launches. Why would anyone hope that a game tanks or gets mediocre review scores? Took a look at some of those published reviews and the comment sections are full of "I KNEW IT I CALLED IT." Confuses me to no end.

you ever play the pc game rage? it is basically rage( apoclyptic setting + shadow of modor/ (combat qte)
Please let us know what you think when Mad Max goes f2p.

Wait. There will probably be a 25% voucher again before release, and with GMG there's always the chance they'll fuck something up and toss out another 50% off voucher.

i sell u my preorder for $40 gr8 deel

Who knew that Mad Max was such serious business?  Fails to adequately convey the angst of a dystopian wasteland AND doesn't have a solid enough story to go with harpooning someone's face with your car?  I wish I knew that this game wouldn't be a Dostoevskian Survival Sim when I bought it :whistle2:(

And, yeah, definitely wait on FO4.  22% ain't no thang and GMG will certainly run preorder discounts on it until the final hours so, worst comes to worst, you get the same deal then.

Before this thread goes full-on game discussion mode for the next day or so, I need to get something off my chest.

Pecan Pie M&Ms suck, Candy Corn M&Ms are fuck ing incredible.

Unrelated, steam discussions for Mad Max aren't completely full of whining complainers yet, which is probably the best indication of port quality.

mad max has to be citizen kane or gtfo

you ever play the pc game rage? it is basically rage( apoclyptic setting + shadow of modor/ (combat qte)
actually this sounds pretty great then imho. wont blow your mind but more than worth a buy

I checked back in with Humble store, and my remaining Tell Tale keys were there as promised.

Borderlands & Game of Thrones   :grouphug: 

Mad Max already does not realistically simulate the survival aspects of a desert wasteland, what type of review scores do you think it would've gotten if you played soccer with your car?

Before this thread goes full-on game discussion mode for the next day or so, I need to get something off my chest.

Pecan Pie M&Ms suck, Candy Corn M&Ms are fuck ing incredible.

Unrelated, steam discussions for Mad Max aren't completely full of whining complainers yet, which is probably the best indication of port quality.
lol, all of the reviews are praising it for not being a broken port. I think people were more concerned about the port being shit than the game being shit

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least you can play a great port of a shitty game.  Can't say the same about the reverse.

Woooo... ready to launch!

LwXBVoW.png

MGS5 - Very quick, brief thoughts/stuff

- I put in 35 minutes so far. I only NOW am playing a game lol. The first 30 minutes are almost all exposition. But at least its not like Guns of the Patriots were its all cutscene, at least so far. Im expecting a Kojima 20 minute cutscene at some point, this is more "interactive". 

- I got the game via the Nvidia promotion. I received all of the in-game pre-order bonus stuff upon launch except the "Collectors Video" which IDGAF about anyway. That will be on Youtube at some point.

- 60 FPS, everything set to very high, R9 270X. Its "port" impression is exactly like Ground Zeroes so far. A great sign. Still not into the game world (30 minutes in, still Prologue lol). Download is just over 22 GB.

Impressive so far. Still early, but impressive.

2qb8021.jpg

MGS5 - Very quick, brief thoughts/stuff

- I put in 35 minutes so far. I only NOW am playing a game lol. The first 30 minutes are almost all exposition. But at least its not like Guns of the Patriots were its all cutscene, at least so far. Im expecting a Kojima 20 minute cutscene at some point, this is more "interactive".

- I got the game via the Nvidia promotion. I received all of the pre-order bonus stuff upon launch except the "Collectors Video" which IDGAF about anyway. That will be on Youtube at some point.

- 60 FPS, everything set to very high, R9 270X. Its "port" impression is exactly like Ground Zeroes so far. A great sign. Still not into the game world (30 minutes in, still Prologue lol).

Impressive so far. Still early, but impressive.

2qb8021.jpg
I'm painfully jealous of your download speeds.

About the video, you can find it on Steam. It's pretty much a half hour of developers, actors, and journalists rambling on about how great Kojima is.

And yeah, I heard that outside of the prologue, the use of cutscenes is way more sparse in favor of audio logs rounding out the story.

I'm painfully jealous of your download speeds.
Its funny you mention this. This game gave me my worst DL speeds Ive ever experienced on Steam. Likely due to load on the server Id assume. I typically get about 15 mb/s on Steam, so yes, it goes pretty quick for me, but I had to restart Steam 4 or 5 times to keep the DL up, took me over an hour to DL it as the speeds kept plummeting down to 100-200kpbs. I didnt mention it in my post because obviously theres others that wont get it as quickly, but it was pissing me off.

bread's done
Back