Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I was looking at getting the Borderlands games for PC, anyone know of good deals?  Steam store has combination of borderlands 1 GOTY and Borderlands 2 for $10.  Amazon has borderlands presequel for $15. Any places with better deals?

I was looking at getting the Borderlands games for PC, anyone know of good deals? Steam store has combination of borderlands 1 GOTY and Borderlands 2 for $10. Amazon has borderlands presequel for $15. Any places with better deals?
Short of the Borderlands Humble Bundle sold a while ago, those are the best deals you're probably going to see for another year or so. Presequel might get cheaper faster but, eh... it's not as good as the others.

IMO, just skip Borderlands 1 and get the BL2 GOTY edition for $9.

Speaking of HuniePop. It is available for 3.39 on Steam. Best price to date.
Now do I blow my few remaining Gabenbux, or just wait for a bundle?

...okay, you're right, bundle. Good plan.

Sold off FF7 and FF8 so I ended up netting the remaining Final Fantasy games I needed for about $21.53 from newegg. Pretty sweet deal.

inb4 they're in the Humble Final Fantasy bundle in 2 weeks.
I want to say "SQUARE ENIX PUT FINAL FANTASY AT A REASONABLE PRICE, NEVER HARRUMPH HARRUMPH," but I feel like all this sacrificing to the bundle gods is going to throw the world out of its delicate balance.

IMO, just skip Borderlands 1 and get the BL2 GOTY edition for $9.
I wouldn't skip BL1, since those are all of the main characters in BL2. But if you do, at least read about what happens on wikipedia; it's not much of a story and the main part you're missing are the characters themselves, but as long as you know who they are before starting BL2 you should be good.

TPS only comes in as a tie-in and I'd even recommend playing it after BL2.

Do you miss the innocence of youth? Wouldn't it be great to relive a small part of that?

First one to PM me their SteamID gets to experience a bit of the way-back this Thanksgiving, like me. And if things are getting a little boring around the turkey table, why don't you surprise your old man, and suggest a shower together?

RAhcOPK.png

Eh, it's not like the story is a huge part of BL2 (especially when it's written by Anthony Burch).  And the characters in BL1 are fairly bland/don't say much outside of random comments.  BL1 does some things better than BL2 but overall, 2 is the better game mechanically speaking.  If there were some bundle of BL1 GOTY and BL2 GOTY then I'd say buy that.  However, it's $10 for BL1 GOTY and only vanilla BL2.  Not a good deal, imo.

Do you miss the innocence of youth? Wouldn't it be great to relive a small part of that?

First one to PM me their SteamID gets to experience a bit of the way-back this Thanksgiving, like me. And if things are getting a little boring around the turkey table, why don't you surprise your old man, and suggest a shower together?

RAhcOPK.png
Got the gift! Thanks, can't wait to shower with my dad

I want to play a good JRPG. I'm trying to decide between Fairy Fencer and Hyperdimension Neptunia 1. But... watching the videos those two really look... I liked the gameplay and graphics on FFF... and the humor on HDN... but those "waifu" Visual Novel sections... I don't like 'em. They may be funny and all that, but I don't usually like "waifu" VN's.

I'm really sad I missed Zestiria's preorder time, since it looked like a game I'll really like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help me out CAGbros, I'm a little behind on my Steam deals knowledge. 

Are there daily deals anymore? Should I be waiting, or just buy at the price shown? I'm looking to get the best deal on Crusader Kings II. 

Thanks!

Are there daily deals anymore? Should I be waiting, or just buy at the price shown? I'm looking to get the best deal on Crusader Kings II.

Thanks!
Not on Steam, no. We're getting the same deals during the whole sale. However other stores have cheaper prices than Steam itself, and some are doing dailies, so shop around and maybe you'll get the game for less. :)

Picked up King's Quest Complete (the new one) from Newegg. Probably glitched (9.99). Theres a code that drops it around 8 something, but since Im in NJ, they charged me .60 tax. Oh well. Still a good price for it. Only 1 "episode" is out so far, so its basically 66% off for the whole thing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832133411

15% off code: EMCKKNT58
wat. Don't you mean 75% off (without the coupon)? MSRP is $39.99. I thought the deal was posted before, but I could be wrong

Thanks!
They've done away with all the sales inside the sale (Daily/Flash) and everything will be the same price from day one.

CKII should be a very easy find for cheap. Definitely shop around and use a site like isthereanydeal.com to compare. You could probably even find it cheaper than that from a trader either in the trading section here or a site like Steamgifts.com/trades.

This lack of flash/daily deals is killing me. I still haven't bought anything and I'm not counting down the hours to next look at the front page. I didn't even buy that price fuckup Ares and it doesn't bother me. Everything's falling apart. Got a cart full of crap at prices I don't feel terribly motivated to act on.

So Wolfenstein: TNO is available to purchase on Nuuvem without a VPN. Came to $4.93 for me. Key activated fine as ROW...good things come to those who wait? Linky

(credit goes to whoever put it on ITAD, that's where I saw it)

best strategy now is to simply wait till the last day of Steam sale and buy what u need.

I am thankful for Gaben to do this so that I can spend some quality times with friends and family over Thanksgiving instead of checking Steam page every 3 hours for deals

So Wolfenstein: TNO is available to purchase on Nuuvem without a VPN. Came to $4.93 for me. Key activated fine as ROW...good things come to those who wait? Linky

Hmm I wonder if you could do the same with The Old Blood and buy it with no shenanigans?

Thanks for the heads up, I'll probably grab that. It's a shame (And a bit weird) that Old Blood throws a fit and New Order doesn't, but eh.

Does Newegg tend to get codes back in stock quickly? I was dicking around looking for other things to pick up with the 15% code, and the King's Quest Complete edition went out of stock and dropped from my cart. 

Oh well, at least I have episode 1 coming to me for free via PS+ next month :/

I hate you. I hate you with a passion. But I guess it makes sense a trip to sweden or finland or wherever I went would be a bit more expensive than dirty Brazil.

Does Newegg tend to get codes back in stock quickly? I was dicking around looking for other things to pick up with the 15% code, and the King's Quest Complete edition went out of stock and dropped from my cart.

Oh well, at least I have episode 1 coming to me for free via PS+ next month :/
Considering that might have been a price glitch to begin with, and the sale only lasts for the weekend, there's a very low chance they'll restock..

There's no reason to take long to decide what to use the coupon with because you can always create another account to use the coupon again.

bread's done
Back