Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
OMG, more bro drama. What is it? Is everyone on their bro period right now?

So, here's my bro thoughts.

YCAG has tried to host a few events without success so I can understand his frustration when people don't show. That said, I do think the ideas posted are a little better. Instead of cancelling and rescheduling on short notice, it's probably best to just show up and see if others show up and change the game after discussing it. Most people don't post to confirm they are showing up so that isn't the best gauge as to who will show.

Also, be easy on YCAG bro, he's one of the few people who's taken initiative to start scheduling more stuff and make an effort to get people playing.

Just my bro cents.

We need more bro love. Lots and lots of bro love. Explicit, sweaty bro love.
It's not the first time something like that has happened though, I think he rescheduled Dirty Bomb (which Duke tried to show up for). He needs to learn from this and schedule better. When we reschedule events, we do it days before it starts.. not hours. Also, has he even been getting on discord? Even if you don't have a mic, it's better to get on discord so you can coordinate things better.

3M87E-CB6TQ-CTW7G Praetorians

3RY6L-EY976-4TNPB Alien Shooter

3PV4A-E4P73-BRTHI Zombie Shooter

2YQWQ-4MI4P-P6DK9 Street Racing Syndicate

3ER7H-WX3YH-IKQNN Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded

3EX40-2BMHF-KX54Q Zombie Shooter

3EYRN-FECIM-Q805Y Imperial Glory

3F8QC-PQRRX-XV5CR Banhammer

3M87E-CB6TQ-CTW7G Praetorians

3RY6L-EY976-4TNPB Alien Shooter

3PV4A-E4P73-BRTHI Zombie Shooter

2YQWQ-4MI4P-P6DK9 Street Racing Syndicate

3ER7H-WX3YH-IKQNN Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded

3EX40-2BMHF-KX54Q Zombie Shooter

3EYRN-FECIM-Q805Y Imperial Glory

3F8QC-PQRRX-XV5CR Banhammer
Took Imperial Glory, thanks

LT5Y7-KMAKM-GBQ62 Life is Strange Ep1
CF42Z-HIBNH-INJBX X-Blades
3T33H-FAAAT-3Y3AZ X-Blades
NT6AN-Q6XW0-8E6C7 Bionic Dues

TW74F-6H828-BLENA Fearless Fantasy
NYLNC-ELNHY-4EAVZ Post Mortem

Y2RW2-YITXZ-GB7AH Robin Hood
G3CEQ-7M7VN-YDD9J Robin Hood
799CY-GLBHY-BIY3A Betrayer
CKQF3-BK2DR-QBDLY Betrayer
265TN-PMB0Y-QTTGK The Body Changer

I should just drop my giant list of keys which is like 30% good but I have no idea which ones are par of that 30%.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Hola doesn't seem to work for me.  Tell me if I'm doing something wrong please.

Turn on Hola

Place items in cart

Hit pay with paypal

When at Paypal I turn off Hola and log in

I pay and it says Items not available in my country when returns to Nuuvem.

I really want Pillars of Eternity Champions Edition, Mad Max and Dragons Dogma.  Lesser wants are the Castlevania Games on sale too. 

So Hola doesn't seem to work for me. Tell me if I'm doing something wrong please.

Turn on Hola

Place items in cart

Hit pay with paypal

I really want Pillars of Eternity Champions Edition, Mad Max and Dragons Dogma. Lesser wants are the Castlevania Games on sale too.
You always keep Hola on when your paying.

You always keep Hola on when your paying.
Eww. I didn't. Seems risky to log into Paypal while on Hola.

I logged into Hola as a Brazilian

Created a new nuuvem account

Confirmed the account thru a diff. email to my main nuuvem account

Logged into nuuvem, added Mad Max to the cart

Checked out.

When the paypal login screen appeared I switched off Hola

Logged into PP, paid

Answered door, paid Pizza Hut delivery driver

Put pizzas in kitchen

Switched Hola back on, waited for confirmation, grabbed key

Ate breadsticks

Ate pizza

Ate boneless chicken wings

Eww. I didn't. Seems risky to log into Paypal while on Hola.

I logged into Hola as a Brazilian

Created a new nuuvem account

Confirmed the account thru a diff. email to my main nuuvem account

Logged into nuuvem, added Mad Max to the cart

Checked out.

When the paypal login screen appeared I switched off Hola

Logged into PP, paid

Answered door, paid Pizza Hut delivery driver

Put pizzas in kitchen

Switched Hola back on, waited for confirmation, grabbed key

Ate breadsticks

Ate pizza

Ate boneless chicken wings
Such a liar, you know it was Dominos!

So do you make a new account each time or use the same one each time after creating it in Brazil?

Such a liar, you know it was Dominos!

So do you make a new account each time or use the same one each time after creating it in Brazil?
This is the first time I've been a Brazilian, I'll use that same account if I do it again.

That reminds me of a great instrumental track by Genesis

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gjI67KBbRg[/youtube]

People still play payday 2? gw3t a reel geam like blwck waps 3 from the gmg bundle.

I would join but I don't even own the dlc.

Nuuvem locks some stuff at the Paypal level.  As in, when you go to check out, it checks your Paypal address against your region and if you're out of region you get the no-go error.  They don't do this for every game but they've been doing it more and more and even region-free games can get rejected this way.

Someone had some way around it which involved getting a prepaid credit card from Argentina or some such nonsense which was (a) more hassle than I was going to go through for video games and (b) required spending fees to get the card/account set up and I'd have to buy that much more from Nuuvem before seeing a savings.

Nuuvem locks some stuff at the Paypal level. As in, when you go to check out, it checks your Paypal address against your region and if you're out of region you get the no-go error. They don't do this for every game but they've been doing it more and more and even region-free games can get rejected this way.

Someone had some way around it which involved getting a prepaid credit card from Argentina or some such nonsense which was (a) more hassle than I was going to go through for video games and (b) required spending fees to get the card/account set up and I'd have to buy that much more from Nuuvem before seeing a savings.
Less hassle than buying and using a knockoff controller though!

So Hola doesn't seem to work for me. Tell me if I'm doing something wrong please.

Turn on Hola

Place items in cart

Hit pay with paypal

I really want Pillars of Eternity Champions Edition, Mad Max and Dragons Dogma. Lesser wants are the Castlevania Games on sale too.
AFAIK from checking reddit, Mad Max is the only game that isn't Paypal or region locked. So it's not you, it's Nuuvem.

Too bad Pillars of Eternity is region locked from Brazil.
The Champion and Royal Editions aren't region locked, hence why I went with Champions. Or tried to at least.

EDIT: Got Hola to work and got the castlevania games, Mad Max and Pillars Champion Edition BUT Pillars is region locked. I just noticed http://vps202375.ovh.net/STLOCKS/#purchType Says it's the UPGRADE that's unlocked. lol Oh well, $13 down the drain. Unless a Brazilian on here wants to buy it.

I don't frequent this thread since I don't own a computer capable of running anything decent at this point, but I'm planning to invest in an Alienware Alpha or Steam Machine later this year. Can anyone suggest any games that I should buy from this Lunar New Year Sale that are gamepad compatible? I'm considering Outland and Psychonauts which are both 99 cents, Sonic Racing Transformed for $4.99 and the Pinball FX2 tables. Also, would a Windows game such as Crazy Taxi run properly on a Steam Machine? I noticed it's on sale for less than $3.

I don't frequent this thread since I don't own a computer capable of running anything decent at this point, but I'm planning to invest in an Alienware Alpha or Steam Machine later this year. Can anyone suggest any games that I should buy from this Lunar New Year Sale that are gamepad compatible? I'm considering Outland and Psychonauts which are both 99 cents, Sonic Racing Transformed for $4.99 and the Pinball FX2 tables. Also, would a Windows game such as Crazy Taxi run properly on a Steam Machine? I noticed it's on sale for less than $3.
Don't do that. Build your own computer. Seriously. It's easy and you could enjoy it.

To your other question - everything on this list is $2 or under:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/44dzji/steam_lunar_new_year_sale_a_list_of_highly_rated/

Sonic Transformed for sure. If you like cart racing type games it's still the best one on the PC. Psychonauts and Outland are good choices at that price range. There's a TON of shlock at 1 dollar or less on Steam but those are decent. Pinball FX is fun too so grab to some tables you like and go for it.

Crazy Taxi should be fine. It's an old Dreamcast game port so it's not like it's the latest AAA game or anything.

I don't frequent this thread since I don't own a computer capable of running anything decent at this point, but I'm planning to invest in an Alienware Alpha or Steam Machine later this year.
Don't do that. Build your own computer. Seriously. It's easy and you could enjoy it.
@JoseKortez

Agreed with StryderOmega on building your own PC. Best route you can go. You will get way-way-way more power + bang for your buck, if you go that route to build it yourself & buy basically parts when they're on sale over a fair amount of time.

You'll want to shop at places like NewEgg, TigerDirect, Microcenter, Fry's, Amazon, etc etc - keep your eye open for killer sales on parts; and take advantage on any crazy deal you can. That's how I did it.

And if you have friends who are PC-savvy that do know how to build PC's, most definitely consult them on how to do this and even have them help you do so, if need be.

EDIT:

It's an old Dreamcast game port so it's not like it's the latest AAA game or anything.
@JoseKortez

If you have any intentions to go after brand-spanking new AAA titles on the PC that will push systems at 1080p+ resolutions with at least somewhat decent settings (i.e. Medium to High or better) - think of AAA titles like AC:Unity, AC: Syndicate, Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Knight - you're most definitely going to want to build a PC yourself for the "more power + bang for your buck" factor.

I second Motoki's recommendation for Sonic. It really is a great game.

I don't frequent this thread since I don't own a computer capable of running anything decent at this point, but I'm planning to invest in an Alienware Alpha or Steam Machine later this year.
Stop me if you've heard this...

But you're better off building your own PC and, truth be told, its not hard to do anymore...

bread's done
Back