Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
i remember someone asking for a deal on assasin creed black flag), it is on sale for $7.50 + the season pass( also known as the gold edition on uplay.com

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.333107700/Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Uplay-Gold-Edition
AC4 is 1 of the better recent AC games, IMHO. Also, Freedom Cry DLC is a really good DLC, as well.

AC4: BF + AC: Syn are both great - and the best AC games since the one-two punch of both AC2 and ACB.

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprise. Looks like Windows 10 Store will probably be the new crummy G4WL. Crap.
Not really because it's what they use for the Windows Phone and Surface oriented mobile games. I don't think we'll start seeing Steam games with it but why might see some dual releases like Rise of the Tomb Raider with Microsoft achievements on the Win 10 version and Steam achievements on the Steam version. There's a few grandma games that have done those dual releases too like 4 Elements. And of course a few exclusive due to Microsoft's deep pockets.

Not really because it's what they use for the Windows Phone and Surface oriented mobile games. I don't think we'll start seeing Steam games with it but why might see some dual releases like Rise of the Tomb Raider with Microsoft achievements on the Win 10 version and Steam achievements on the Steam version. And of course a few exclusive due to Microsoft's deep pockets.
If M$ actually can update their new PC client, improve it, add features, keep nasty issues away, and whatnot - this really wouldn't be a problem. Problem is, we PC gamers likely do know better - and history tells us Microsoft sucks at going all in on the PC gaming side of things + supporting our wants & needs; just look at how awful G4WL was.

It would be nice to see another competitive PC gaming store to buy games from, especially if it's actually going to cause price-wars to help us PC gamers get better pricing + better deals - especially since Valve (Steam) of late within the last year or so has really sucked w/ PC gaming deals since they're now, more or less, the only really good digital distributor/client/service around.

EDIT:

I shouldn't just put Valve on the hook there, for lack of great PC sales. Of course, publishers probably also ain't helping much w/ the PC deal prices & sales of late, either - so there's probably also that, as well.

Well they already have a decent enough mobile store. They've just started adding some more desktop (or gaming laptop/tablet I guess) oriented games to it. The Surface tablet has done relatively well so that store's not going away even if desktop gamers completely ignore it.

At this point I think MysterD needs to have his game buying preferences tattooed on his forehead.
I think what I should do is have the usual and famous MysterD thoughts & opinions on my CAG Blog or in my Steam Group, or somewhere - and just link them when need be.

Might save on the amount of long-winded (and repetitive) MysterD posts, essays, rants, thesis, or whatever y'all want to call them.

In you-have-a-better-chance-of-hitting-the-lottery-than-finding-this-deal news, apparently one Walmart somewhere has Pillars of Eternity for $5.
3OnA6Zm.png

Wow, Men of Valor on my Steams. Was not at all expecting to see that again. Also, didn't know 2015, makers of my favorite Medal of honor game(s) was acquired by Nordic.

Boughted.

Edit: Sounds like it's got licensed music. Can't go wrong with Woolly Bully.

In you-have-a-better-chance-of-hitting-the-lottery-than-finding-this-deal news, apparently one Walmart somewhere has Pillars of Eternity for $5.
3OnA6Zm.png
Dammit, the few local WalMart's around here often suck at having killer "Clearance/blow-out/YMMV" deals on PC games that Reddit and CAG often mentions.

Of mild note to those who enjoyed Frozen Synapse:

"We're proud to announce Frozen Synapse 2, an open world tactical game.

It will be out this year on PC, Mac and Linux.

More details will be revealed over the next few weeks."
Saw it but hadn't read anything on it. Would be curious anyways, but really curious with it being open world.

I scrolled very quickly over the last couple pages because I saw so much mysterD.

I assume it was all talk about ass creed, red dead redemption, physical copies of PC games and VRAMs.  Should I go back and read the last couple pages or did I get the gist of it already?

I scrolled very quickly over the last couple pages because I saw so much mysterD.

I assume it was all talk about ass creed; red dead redemption & other games that should get PC ports; physical copies of PC games; Win 10 Store & G4WL; and VRAMs. Should I go back and read the last couple pages or did I get the gist of it already?
FTFY to make even more accurate + legit.

You people are flakier than a leper colony.
Really surprised Peyton Manning didn't play center based on his past in college.
#teabagparty

Reddit is having fun with this one:

Xbox.Steampowered.com

Gabe's buying Microsoft? Microsoft is buying steam? Steam is coming to Xbox as a service?

Who knows? But while we're all here having bad memories of GFWL and getting all crazy about Windows 10 apps, we might as well be upset about this too.

Seasonal Deals (mostly for fox):

Select Series - Full Size Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard - $49.99

Select Series - Full Size Red Switch Mechanical Keyboard - $49.99

There is even a 10% off coupon that expires tomorrow that might work: VAL10
Thanks bro, appreciate it. I went ahead and got the mechanical one I'd see on Amazon because one popped up on Warehouse deals for $37. It's backlit and has blue switches. Hope it works fine, but worst case scenario something is wrong with it I can do an easy return on Amazon and at least get to test out mechanical keys. If I like it a ton, I'll just return the other one to Sears. Win-win, but sad I have to order keyboards online to test them out.

Although not quite as exciting as gmg mystery bundles, if you are able to fool ashotp then you can grab the Company of Heroes franchise pack off of gamersgate for under $5.

Also a bunch of train simulator dlc that didn't appear to be region locked but I only looked at 1 of them to check so who knows.

Dell 27" G-Sync Monitor - S2716DG - $598 + $200 GC + Tax + FS - 2560 x 1440 at 144 Hz

http://deals.dell.com/mpp/productdetail/ds2716dgpdm?dgc=CJ&cid=47997&lid=4279734&acd=12309198375458460&ven3=576403176170979138&ven1=10550055-4485850-2537e1b6d2c911e597ad123997115e460INT

Saw this on slickdeals, didn't see it posted here! Smoking deal especially for those with gift cards to unload.

Reviews seem to say it's an updated ROG swift with way better quality control!

I may order one with a gift card I got.   ..not really in the market for a new monitor quite yet.

Xbox.Steampowered.com

Gabe's buying Microsoft? Microsoft is buying steam? Steam is coming to Xbox as a service?

Who knows? But while we're all here having bad memories of GFWL and getting all crazy about Windows 10 apps, we might as well be upset about this too.
Nobody remembers this?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3268739

Also, go see Deadpool, it'll tickle your jingle jangles. It's fun for the whole family! Seriously there were a bunch of kids in the theater and they were all laughing at the violence.

Xbox.Steampowered.com

Apparently that used to be xbox games support site and is old and someone broke it.

Although not quite as exciting as gmg mystery bundles, if you are able to fool ashotp then you can grab the Company of Heroes franchise pack off of gamersgate for under $5.

Also a bunch of train simulator dlc that didn't appear to be region locked but I only looked at 1 of them to check so who knows.
Most of the train sim DLC isn't region locked and is dirt cheap on sale in Putinland. I know the North Jersey one is region locked though and there may be others, so if that's your thang just make sure there's not an "RU" in the url.

Dell 27" G-Sync Monitor - S2716DG - $598 + $200 GC + Tax + FS - 2560 x 1440 at 144 Hz

http://deals.dell.com/mpp/productdetail/ds2716dgpdm?dgc=CJ&cid=47997&lid=4279734&acd=12309198375458460&ven3=576403176170979138&ven1=10550055-4485850-2537e1b6d2c911e597ad123997115e460INT

Saw this on slickdeals, didn't see it posted here! Smoking deal especially for those with gift cards to unload.

Reviews seem to say it's an updated ROG swift with way better quality control!

I may order one with a gift card I got. ..not really in the market for a new monitor quite yet.
Probably the best way to get rid of the extra GC is to sell it back to saveya.com. Good Dell deals are usually few and far in between, so it's better to take the 85% cash value or whatever it's at right now.

And yeah, Deadpool is fantastic. We went to see it Friday night, and it's so funny. "Oh, nothing, I just had a nightmare about Liam Neeson."

Probably the best way to get rid of the extra GC is to sell it back to saveya.com. Good Dell deals are usually few and far in between, so it's better to take the 85% cash value or whatever it's at right now.

And yeah, Deadpool is fantastic. We went to see it Friday night, and it's so funny. "Oh, nothing, I just had a nightmare about Liam Neeson."
Thanks for the tip. Figured, worse comes to worse, I'd use the giftcard to pay full retail for an XBONE controller for my PC.

thats a great deal on that monitor.  I own it, its pretty good but nowhere near IPS panels. The Dell panel is TN which means its colors aren't as good as an IPS panel - I have a korean IPS 27" 144hz panel (not gSync) next to it and its a lot better in vibrancy and black.  The dell with default settings is awful color wise, way too bright and washed out but you can tweak it down to be much closer to IPS panels.

g-sync is awesome though, no tearing in games ever again.  I don't really care anymore about hitting 60+ fps either, with gSync running the monitor at 144hz and syncing the FPS to hz even when games drop to 40-45 (division) you never get tearing and very, very low input lags without having to force vSync.

Zero issues with pixel quality either, no dead pixels or backlight bleeds.  I originally bought a ASUS g-sync 1440p but had to return it twice (local Fry's) because the back light bleed on both were horrific, with the sides just glowing on all black screens.  Still, if you can get a perfect ASUS/Acer IPS gSync I think those are way better.

Nolan North will always be the best Deadpool voice to me, but Ryan Reynolds did an amazing job.

Nolan North will always be the best Deadpool voice to me, but Ryan Reynolds did an amazing job.
Way too many hours playing Marvel Heroes for anything other than Nolan North to be Deadpool for me too... That said I've been playing Batman Origins of late and Roger Craig Smith did/has done a pronominal job as Batman. Something I didn't think anyone could achieve after Kevin Conroy so I won't write Ryan Reynolds off just yet... He just not there yet. :)

Odd question out of nowhere - is there an easy way to tell what key I've used to activate a game on steam?
No.

If you own a game on steam and try to activate a used or unused key for it, it'll say you already own it.

Only way to know if a key is used (without contacting support, if that would even work, I've heard it mentioned though) would be to try it on an account that doesn't own the game.

Oh yeah... I think my walmart actually clearanced out some pc games (or sent them back to a distribution center). 

I checked for that Pillars of Eternity "deal" and they had nothing but blizzard and motoki games.  Last time I checked they had more.  They did have a huge clearnace section in electronics though it was thoroughly picked over.  Only mildly decent deal was a cable modem (sb6121) for ~$35, but I already have an extra (sb6141). 

bread's done
Back