Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Dayuum, thats the master master race build. Good shit bro.

39876-The-Rock-applauds-applause-cla-OmWp.gif
755523759_original.gif

Alienware master race.

EDIT: Damn you, Keeper!
2fast4u

Was it a 4GB 960?
Sorry, the memes stop at the 960 2gb.

But the memes start back up at i7-6700 non k series.

The Case
r_750x450.jpg
Which might be the only good thing about it being over price.

I am very grateful for getting this for free but at the same time wish I could had save him some money. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i cannot even get past the stupid tutorial, i gave up. wasted about an hr doing it. why would they force u to do tutoials anyway.
The last two bosses are annoying. You have to use the cards in the right sequence. The final one is even more annoying.

I lost in the semifinal after YCAG gave me a victory by disqualification.

Anyone have thoughts on Dead State Reanimated?  Still trying to decide on what tier of the weekly Humble to get and I think it depends on if I want that or not.

So I got some more time in with Rise of the Tomb Raider, including the first challenge area, and I got to admit it's a vast improvement over 2013 TR. It doesn't play any different but it has a real sense of discovery. I really thought I was the first one to enter that area in hundreds of years.

Seeing a lot of complaints about Disgaea. A Japanese port being a total shit show? I'm sure no one saw that coming. :roll:

There's also a smattering of white knights getting butthurt that anyone dares to post about problems they are having.

ohtheinternet.gif

Anyhow, I'll wait until it goes on a cheap sale or in a Humble or whatever. By then I figure whatever they can't or won't fix modders probably will have.

Seeing a lot of complaints about Disgaea. A Japanese port being a total shit show? I'm sure no one saw that coming. :roll:

There's also a smattering of white knights getting butthurt that anyone dares to post about problems they are having.

ohtheinternet.gif

Anyhow, I'll wait until it goes on a cheap sale or in a Humble or whatever. By then I figure whatever they can't or won't fix modders probably will have.
That doesn't surprise me. The last 2 games ported by NIS America on steam weren't all that great as well, although Disgaea is a much bigger title and it's been so long I thought they'd have learned by now.

I hope they learn how to do sales, those idiots have somehow avoided discounting their titles in all of the seasonal steam sales but their games tend to go on sale at oddball sites like BundleStars and Retroism

Play the demo for Frozenbyte's next game and drive down the launch price:

http://www.shadwen.com/

Whole thing does seem a bit specious though since it's really just what percentage of sale will we have at launch.  The fine print is kind of weird too so it doesn't sound like we're going to get it down to $5 or anything.  It's just under $29 right now and that may be about as low as it goes if I'm reading it right.  Still some clever marketing to get people to play your demo when I haven't seen any other coverage of this game so far.

Play the demo for Frozenbyte's next game and drive down the launch price:

http://www.shadwen.com/

Whole thing does seem a bit specious though since it's really just what percentage of sale will we have at launch. The fine print is kind of weird too so it doesn't sound like we're going to get it down to $5 or anything. It's just under $29 right now and that may be about as low as it goes if I'm reading it right. Still some clever marketing to get people to play your demo when I haven't seen any other coverage of this game so far.
Can I play the demo to make the game get bundled sooner?

re: Hearthstone

I actually liked the game quite a bit.  I've only ever played Magic a few times in person, but I liked how easy Hearthstone was to get into.  Might sink some more time into it, especially if I can convince my little brother to get on it.  

re: Computers

What's the cheapest Windows out there for a system build?  Trying to use my spare parts to build a PC for my brother in law.  I think all I'm missing is some RAM, an optical drive, and Windows.  I might have an old (maybe windows 7 or 8) laptop hard drive that still has an OS loaded on it, not sure if I could just stick that in the desktop and use that OS?  

re: Computers

What's the cheapest Windows out there for a system build? Trying to use my spare parts to build a PC for my brother in law. I think all I'm missing is some RAM, an optical drive, and Windows. I might have an old (maybe windows 7 or 8) laptop hard drive that still has an OS loaded on it, not sure if I could just stick that in the desktop and use that OS?
I believe it usually won't work to drop the hard drive into a new configuration unless it's similar enough to the original.

I tried to reply to these posts twice last night - power went out both times for 2 hours during the first attempt and 3 hours during the second. 

Mouse Talk:

Edit: I have NO idea what happened to the formatting here, but I can't be arsed to try and fix it more than adding bold/italics.  

spoo, on 24 Feb 2016 - 5:48 PM, said:
Glen, I have a Logitech M510 and it is a piece of shit.

I'm glad you said that - because that was actually one I was considering.

archbishopthedoge, on 24 Feb 2016 - 6:11 PM, said:
I don't have any cheap recommendations off hand, but you may do really well checking out the group "Reddit Hardware Swap". Just take a look around. There's potentially a steal. A few months ago I got a brand new $70 EVGA gaming mouse for $30 from one of the sellers, so I can't recommend at least giving it a look enough. YMMV obviously, but at least a place to look. Many reliable sellers with feedback and such there. I've bought and sold a bit over the last few months in that group. At the very least you could even find a decent used one too. Probably a better bang for the buck than spending $20 on a Chinese gaming mouse which will fail in a few months unless you can find a deal somewhere, which may be tough this time of year. i.e. this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/comments/47fowq/usafl_h_logitech_g300s_paypal_w_sleeved_cable/ has Logitech G300s for $18.

Thanks, I'll check the site out today.

FoxyPie, on 24 Feb 2016 - 7:37 PM, said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VJRO3XI?ref=olp_product_details
This would be my rec, but it's only third party sellers. Probably one of my favorite mice ever.

smackattack, on 24 Feb 2016 - 7:43 PM, said:
look at the coolermaster spawn mouse. its dirt cheap. its not a tall mouse but wide, its got a great shape if you are a claw mouser and grip the sides, got a place to rest your ring finger, forward and back buttons, buttons to adjust sensitivity on the fly.

Looks like a good mouse, although I guess I forgot to mention that I was looking for something wireless. Thanks though!

I tried to reply to these posts twice last night - power went out both times for 2 hours during the first attempt and 3 hours during the second.

Mouse Talk:

Edit: I have NO idea what happened to the formatting here, but I can't be arsed to try and fix it more than adding bold/italics.

spoo, on 24 Feb 2016 - 5:48 PM, said:
Glen, I have a Logitech M510 and it is a piece of shit.

I'm glad you said that - because that was actually one I was considering.

archbishopthedoge, on 24 Feb 2016 - 6:11 PM, said:
I don't have any cheap recommendations off hand, but you may do really well checking out the group "Reddit Hardware Swap". Just take a look around. There's potentially a steal. A few months ago I got a brand new $70 EVGA gaming mouse for $30 from one of the sellers, so I can't recommend at least giving it a look enough. YMMV obviously, but at least a place to look. Many reliable sellers with feedback and such there. I've bought and sold a bit over the last few months in that group. At the very least you could even find a decent used one too. Probably a better bang for the buck than spending $20 on a Chinese gaming mouse which will fail in a few months unless you can find a deal somewhere, which may be tough this time of year. i.e. this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap/comments/47fowq/usafl_h_logitech_g300s_paypal_w_sleeved_cable/ has Logitech G300s for $18.

Thanks, I'll check the site out today.

FoxyPie, on 24 Feb 2016 - 7:37 PM, said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VJRO3XI?ref=olp_product_details
This would be my rec, but it's only third party sellers. Probably one of my favorite mice ever.

smackattack, on 24 Feb 2016 - 7:43 PM, said:
look at the coolermaster spawn mouse. its dirt cheap. its not a tall mouse but wide, its got a great shape if you are a claw mouser and grip the sides, got a place to rest your ring finger, forward and back buttons, buttons to adjust sensitivity on the fly.

Looks like a good mouse, although I guess I forgot to mention that I was looking for something wireless. Thanks though!
How was the battery life on your old mouse? I've avoided wireless mice because the battery life was always terrible back when I tried them, but this was years and years and years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if things have improved.

You might want to consider this one:

http://www.amazon.com/TeckNet-2-4G-Wireless-Mouse-Buttons/dp/B001DHECXA/

I know it's an off brand, but Amazon reviews tend to be pretty good indicators of quality especially when you have 7K.

How was the battery life on your old mouse? I've avoided wireless mice because the battery life was always terrible back when I tried them, but this was years and years and years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if things have improved.

You might want to consider this one:

http://www.amazon.com/TeckNet-2-4G-Wireless-Mouse-Buttons/dp/B001DHECXA/

I know it's an off brand, but Amazon reviews tend to be pretty good indicators of quality especially when you have 7K.
The battery life on this thing was/is amazing. 2 name-brand AA batteries last me at least 5 months - and I am on this computer a lot of the day. I started using eneloop rechargeable batteries in it and they didn't last anywhere near as long (2+months?), but they're easily swapped with a charged set.

I have pretty big hands with long fingers so that mouse looks like arthritic-claw-in-a-box for me - but I'll take a look at it anyway - thanks.

Battery life on wireless gaming mice has always been shit. You can easily find a wireless non-gaming mouse that'll last for months on one set of batteries though.

And you try again? You're be lucky if you have power in a week, man.

Mouse Talk - (and this is for anyone mouse shopping) Whatever you do I suggest shopping with Amazon. They will take an open box return no question ask. This is invaluable because the only way to know if a mouse will work is to use it. Also advice from others isn't so great because hands are so unique that a mouse I like you might not like, a mouse you can use for weeks on end with no issues might cripple me for a week if I use it for an hour. So unless you are right handed, have large hands (like palm a NBA size basketball), and hold a mouse with your palm my advice isn't going to do you allot of good... :)

The battery life on this thing was/is amazing. 2 name-brand AA batteries last me at least 5 months - and I am on this computer a lot of the day. I started using eneloop rechargeable batteries in it and they didn't last anywhere near as long (2+months?), but they're easily swapped with a charged set.

I have pretty big hands with long fingers so that mouse looks like arthritic-claw-in-a-box for me - but I'll take a look at it anyway - thanks.
I used to have the wired version of this mouse and I liked it and it was pretty long as far as mice go:

http://www.amazon.com/E-Blue-Advance-Wireless-Optical-EMS609BK/dp/B00J9769DC/

I threw it out because I thought it stopped working well, but later found out it was the USB ports on my laptop that were going out. Go figure. At only $6.99 I might order this one. Not sure how the battery life will be though.

And you try again? You're be lucky if you have power in a week, man.

Mouse Talk - (and this is for anyone mouse shopping) Whatever you do I suggest shopping with Amazon. They will take an open box return no question ask. This is invaluable because the only way to know if a mouse will work is to use it. Also advice from others isn't so great because hands are so unique that a mouse I like you might not like, a mouse you can use for weeks on end with no issues might cripple me for a week if I use it for an hour. So unless you are right handed, have large hands (like palm a NBA size basketball), and hold a mouse with your palm my advice isn't going to do you allot of good... :)
Oh I expect to lose power again today - they say it might rain. Connecticut Light an Power [now (N)eversource] is the worst power company I have ever seen.

You just described my hand - what are you using? lol

Nevermind the battery life. Every cordless mouse seems to get dropped on the floor at least once.
I've dropped plenty of corded mice as well - just saying.

I used to have the wired version of this mouse and I liked it and it was pretty long as far as mice go:

I threw it out because I thought it stopped working well, but later found out it was the USB ports on my laptop that were going out. Go figure. At only $6.99 I might order this one. Not sure how the battery life will be though.
Interesting - and cheap enough to warrant a test-drive. Thanks. Also, one of the user pictures shows the blue-cobra logo lit up - I can pretend I'm cobra commander when using it - just like I did when I was 5.

Since this is the hardware thread, I'm looking to pick up a Power Pad, Glove and a robot that picks up shit and drops it because reasons. I'm really concerned about the keystrokes and the build quality and the battery life and the jiggawatts.

What do you guys think?

Since this is the hardware thread, I'm looking to pick up a Power Pad, Glove and a robot that picks up shit and drops it because reasons. I'm really concerned about the keystrokes and the build quality and the battery life and the jiggawatts.

What do you guys think?
I think you'd be better off going with one of those life like Japanese sex bots.

What do you guys think?
Sorry, I have no experience with a Power Pad, Glove, or fap Robot.

I am in the market for some cheap computer speakers though. I would prefer them to be able to reproduce bass quite well, but I don't necessarily need them to be super loud because I never turn my music up super loud since I don't want to hurt my pup's ears.

Prefer $50 or less. I'm assuming I'll need a sub for good bass? I've seen some good ones for around $100, but they seem overkill for my needs. I know someone posted a site that sold really old computer speakers, but I don't remember the link.

What do you guys think?
I love the Power Glove...

I had the wired version of this mouse aswell and the left-click and right-click stopped working after almost 1 year. My friends is still going strong though for 2+ years.

Same time period. 2nd week of November.

If you got it from Newegg, just do what I did. Go into their Customer Service chat and say that other people are getting the game and you want it to. Be nice but firm. They'll say no at first and copy/paste some BS about the promotion from Nov (Bullets and Blades) being over. Complain a little bit and say you want the same service and be sure to include the reddit link in your argument showing people discussing it.
No go for me, tried what you said and they denied me. Oh well, off to work now.

bread's done
Back