Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Well not for mobile and casual games, which is what it was meant for and those will stick around regardless because the Surface tablets are selling relatively well.

They just need to do some work on the AAA side of things which is a very recent thing for the Win 10 store.
Deciding to shove AAA games in to the framework you designed for mobile games has nothing but success written all over it!

WtKSeEa.png

Valve complete pack converted to bundle. Now I might complete my collection during sale lol.

Where is the flood of Division keys from all the promotions? Someone here knows, I'm sure of it.

EDIT

And YES I know they'll be Uplay. I'm not doubling up on DRM just for a Steam +1

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get the Humble Indie Bundle 16 that doesn't want Forced?

Thanks, Rosmerta McMalice!

Hm. I suspect that this is, as Daykain suggested, only alleged at this point as far as these AAA releases are concerned; I seriously can't see Microsoft releasing one of its flagship titles with these kinds of restrictions. On the other hand, all of the items outlined below frankly reek of mobile-TV-app store games, and none of them would significantly impact the majority of users of those types of games. Moreover, those types of games are the vast majority of the game content in the Windows Store at this point in time. You don't need Cross-Fire support or true fullscreen support for your Mahjong or solitaire or match-3 games. In general terms, I'm not convinced that Microsoft gives a crap about supporting Steam overlays for anything it would ever sell out of the Windows Store. Bottom line--I don't see this being a big deal at this point. We'll see what happens.

EDIT: Eh, in retrospect, I'm not sure I believe any of that. It's starting to look like classic Microsoft tomfoolery.

Here's something I pulled up with a little Google-Fu: http://www.howtogeek.com/243012/why-you-shouldnt-buy-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-and-other-pc-games-from-the-windows-store/. This includes some vague official responses about "fixing" the vsync issue.

Hopes that Microsoft learned from GfW: deleted.

Deciding to shove AAA games in to the framework you designed for mobile games has nothing but success written all over it!

I think more testing is required for AAA win10 store games so take the below information with a grain of salt. This was found out from testing the new tomb raider win10 store version. If these limitations are true, I would only buy the win10 store exclusive games.

"To begin with, games purchased through Windows Store are built on Microsoft's Universal Apps Platform, and not the conventional desktop-based executable. The game is essentially a "modern UI" app, and not a conventional Windows application. This has great limitations - no NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFire support; no real fullscreen mode (just borderless windowed mode or pseudo-fullscreen); and V-sync being always-on. Other major downsides of UAP apps include no support for modding, and mouse macros. What's more, since UAP apps don't have *.exe extensions, you can't add them to Steam, and so no Steam Controller support. The Store in itself doesn't have a good refund policy along the lines of Steam and Origin limited full-refund policies; and you'll never be able to play your games on Windows versions older than Windows 10."

Where is the flood of Division keys from all the promotions? Someone here knows, I'm sure of it.

EDIT

And YES I know they'll be Uplay. I'm not doubling up on DRM just for a Steam +1
I'm still waiting for the flood too. I wonder if right now is just a bad time and not enough people are buying GFX cards.

FWIW that How To Geek article says you can't add a Windows Store game to Steam (as a non-Steam game). Well you can, I've done it before, but admittedly it's been a while and I forget the particulars other than that you need to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it to work. But it's doable.

Edited to add: I had Star Wars Assault Team and Maleficent Freefall added a while back. :p

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=292908897

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=260819409

This Star Wars bundle...  Haven't heard of any of the games in the first tier.  Don't think I want to pay $6.50 for Tie Fighter, X-Wing, and KOTOR when I'll likely never go back and play them.

Anyone fakey Gears yet? Looks like its messed up on amd cards, I'll probably wait till that's fixed first. The Last Maharaja dlc for Ass Creed Syndicate is out now if anyone cares lol.

Are you kidding me?  Rebellion is the game I have logged the MOST amount of time into of any game.  But then I played it regular, then modded it for Babylon 5, then played it again.  And again.

Dammit.. I wish I'd have seen it before it was at 7 bucks though.  Ugh.

EDIT:  Hrmm... I have more of these on CD's than I do on Steam.  How the heck does that one work out.

Oh well... bought in as I don't own these on Steam except EAW GOLD and KOTOR/II

Empire At War Gold:
NNJTH-RTTYB-TAX65

KOTOR: 
ZF34B-W35J8-P2KXA

KOTOR 2: 
IY384-4XCAE-MKF

Go get 'em lurkers.

Edit: KOTOR2 redeemed by jboy, marking as claimed at his request.

Are you kidding me? Rebellion is the game I have logged the MOST amount of time into of any game. But then I played it regular, then modded it for Babylon 5, then played it again. And again.

Dammit.. I wish I'd have seen it before it was at 7 bucks though. Ugh.

EDIT: Hrmm... I have more of these on CD's than I do on Steam. How the heck does that one work out.
MysterD, is that you?

[attachment=20762:depowhat.png]

Huh. Who'da thought this game would be so popular on the first day of release...

Those scheisty Spaniards apparently noticed that Humble is glitching out and giving a second Sunless Sea or some such.

in Google Spanglish:

Spanish Community said:
Announcement
Xploit: Sunless Sea (Steam) duplicate keys in Humble Bundle
Due to a bug with keys Sunless Sea in Humble Bundle 16 randomly have divided some key again Sunless Sea who paid the Tier 3. If you bought the Tier 3 and activasteis the game, go to your Humble Bundle library [www.humblebundle.com] , seek game "Sunless Sea", and see if you have without using the key to the game. If so, you have the game available to activate it again in another account.

I like how you posted the madjoki version of the glitch then explained it in another post.

Why am I so stupid? :dunce:

Still, madjoki would've just said something obscure like that (except I guess it would've been "Spaniards"), then later said "I told you guys about it".

Just got my Logitech The Division keys so yay.

Also Forza being on PC removes most of my reason for owning an XB1 other than that by now I own a bunch of other stuff for it too...
To be fair there are huge advantage of console game over PC game. I beat Far Cry Primal on PS4 and sold it to Crapstop which made me happy I didn't waste money buying it on Steam where I can't resell it.

So wait if Gears is on Windows storefront (lol guess I won't be buying Gears ever), what the hell was the point of free Shadow Complex pimping Epic's crappy storefront? What do THEY have?

So wait if Gears is on Windows storefront (lol guess I won't be buying Gears ever), what the hell was the point of free Shadow Complex pimping Epic's crappy storefront? What do THEY have?
Epic isn't in bed with Microsoft anymore.

Epic's doing their own thing.

Epic sold off Gears IP to Microsoft, a few years back.

M$ can do what they want with Gears IP.

EDIT:

The Coalition is the M$-owned company tasked with doing Gears IP stuff for Microsoft.

They did the work on Gears: Ultimate + are working on Gears 4.

Just saw the news from the Community Market. There's going to be Market Holds starting on March 9th.
They really need to have some god damned sense and not enforce that on stuff under $1 or whatever. As it is we're getting like 2-5 cents per card after Valve and devs get their cuts lately anyway. This just makes it even more of a pain in the ass.

In other Windows 10 news, Microsoft RELEASED Gears of War Ultimate on the W10 Store. Its $30

Thats a fair starting price point. Im not getting it cause wtf ever, but I definitely like this route MS is going releasing their games on PC.
Microsoft might be trying to merge both XBox + PC together w/ having both platforms run a UMA (Universal Windows Application):

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/01/microsoft-to-unify-pc-and-xbox-one-platforms-ending-fixed-console-hardware?CMP=fb_gu

If you check remember, you won't have to. I have literally had to input it once.
Are you talking about having Steam remember my password? I'm not seeing another option like "remember this PC" that every other two factor auth allows. Maybe I'm just missing it?

I'm far more satisfied with my Windows Phone than my android. Lacks of apps don't affect me that much, I don't really use them. Only idiots pay more than 100€ for a phone.

Shows what you know... it's an Unreal Tournament mod.
Rocket League?

Psyonix is the developer and they actually created the Onslaught gametype for Unreal Tournament 2004. Rocket League stems from an earlier retail title of theirs, not from any released mod that they developed.

Evolve does ONE thing right: Clean alt-tabbing without a single issue while waiting for matchmaking/level loading bullcrap. It'll even blink the icon sometimes when it's time for you to click.

Rocket League?

Psyonix is the developer and they actually created the Onslaught gametype for Unreal Tournament 2004. Rocket League stems from an earlier retail title of theirs, not from any released mod that they developed.
Yeah, I know. I called it a UT mod since it's made with Unreal Engine and the other guy kept saying "quake mod".

bread's done
Back