Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I bought the yogscast DLC a while back so I could annoy the fuck out of people during bronights. Didn't disappoint!

How the fuck do you guys not own most of that shit though. I mean c'mon.. they're sonic games and they've been bundled/on sale a million times. I think one of the steam packs that included most of the games was like $7.50 at one point too. All that I'm missing is Sonic Lost World

Last edited by a moderator:
So for the last week or so I've been playing/finishing Batman Arkham Knight, a year since release and its safe to say that most technical problems have been sorted out and the game is now in a playable state. I put about 8 hours into it immediately following release and the problems just wore me out. I gave up and forgot about it. I'm at 37 hours total playtime now, so safe to say they've done something right.

I finished the main story last night and still have more to do which I'm actually motivated to do so as I'm enjoying catching Gotham's Most Wanted, despite some flaws to the execution as well as getting to the real conclusion of the story. Without spoiling, basically Gotham is under siege and the minor villains (at least in respect to the core story) all are doing something and have to be caught, so each one has a set of side missions to complete in order to catch them. The flaws are that the missions are all the same style in the lead up. IE Penguin is running guns and each side mission in the lead up to catch him has B-Man tail a van to a weapons cache, beat up a bunch of dudes and then blow up the guns. Its basically the same for every side mission character in that the missions before the conclusion of that arc is the same with a change in difficulty to some or no change at all in that respect.

Technologically and with this game most importantly given its beginning has been pretty solid for me. I unlocked the FPS early on in this playthrough (its locked to 30 FPS default, to change it requires a quick one line .ini edit) and have been floating at 40-60 FPS throughout the entire game (W10, 970, FX-8350, 12 GB RAM, 1080p). I get drops where I would pre-fix (gliding mostly) but they're not at all game breaking or impeding play like before since they dont go below 40. Batmobile play which is a HUGE component of this game was executed great, and fortunately the fixes allow that to be seen finally. It only took them 9 months or something to get to this point, but the game is on par with Asylum/City in terms of gameplay and its nice to enjoy it on PC now. I have everything on ultra including the NVidia Gameworks crap and have not changed one setting since I began the playthrough. I did experience some texture pop in which was a huge problem with the initial release, but it was rare and easily overlooked.

I picked up the season pass last week for $6 on the grey market so Im going to play some of the story DLC as well. 

At any rate, if you've been waiting to play it, its worth the time going forward and quite enjoyable. 

xNXjt6j.jpg

lol at the first Age of Barbarian patch notes.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/402880/announcements/detail/876328108039532306

CRIAN SOFT said:
Hey barbarians, the first update is ready:
We'll do our best to fix all the issues reported and update the game on regular basis. Thank you

Age of Barbarian Ex 1.5.1

• Merchant: English translation added.
  • Merchant: Weapon you bought doesn't appear in the game. Fixed.
  • Boruth the duel: The weird roll of Boruth is now fixed.
  • Boruth the duel: The glitch to the right side of the screen is fixed.
  • Boruth the duel: if you die the game doesn't freeze anymore.
  • Boruth death bug: Fixed.
  • Black screen problem. fixed.
  • Minotaur: disappear when pushed too far from the playarea. Fixed.
  • Minotaur: IA improved.
  • Azga a too high level cannibal appear. Fixed.
  • Azga 2-3: Purple fog glitch fixed.
  • Azga, Blood worm IA improved.
  • Azga 2-1: priest's conversation fixed.
  • In all the game: We change the script of the conversations.
  • Rahaan first boss: now the HUD appear correctly.
  • Other minor glith fixed.
  • Boruth the duel: added a portrait during the initial conversation.
  • Kar-Azza: Sabertooth tiger, close fight Fixed.
  • Furon-Azza: You are death screen doesn't appear. Fixed.
  • Some game engine improvements.
  • 1st level Sheyna/Starn dialogue error, Fixed.
  • English translation of the menu added.
  • Forest of Azga it's no longer possible to push away the minotaur.
dat Quality Control

"Furon-Azza: You are death screen doesn't appear. Fixed."

Oh sweet, I didn't know you get to play as Death in this game. I also really like the issue where the game crashes if you die being fixed.

Bought The Witcher III. It's awesome but my damned ocd won't let me stop collecting flowers and twigs and shit.

They may say that they aren't worried about a cease and desist or that valve isn't concerned but it is an inevitability that Disney will lay down a cease and desist. If they threw down a cease and desist for Deadmau5 for having a rodent type head thing then they will slaughter these guys with lawyers. Also Steam allows this shit to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QtCzg2govw

Bought The Witcher III. It's awesome but my damned ocd won't let me stop collecting flowers and twigs and shit.
Have you played Dragon Age Inquistion or Skyrim? Which is the best flower picking simulator? I don't understand why they put all that crap like combat in it, nothing worse than being in the middle of picking some nirnroot when a bear comes up and you have to waste time fighting it

Have you played Dragon Age Inquistion or Skyrim? Which is the best flower picking simulator? I don't understand why they put all that crap like combat in it, nothing worse than being in the middle of picking some nirnroot when a bear comes up and you have to waste time fighting it
You say that in jest but....

I had gotten Witcher 3 from the recent Steam sale. Paid more than lostnumber, but $29.59 CDN in Gabe Bucks for the Trilogy was fine by me. No GOG peasant version for me, and I bet that with the GOG connect feature, GOG backup copies of the Witcher 3 will become a thing soon.

I quit picking as many herbs once I realized that after you craft a potion once, it's charges get refilled when you meditate.

I think WoW has been proven to be the best flower picking sim. You can hit the level cap just picking herbs!

They may say that they aren't worried about a cease and desist or that valve isn't concerned but it is an inevitability that Disney will lay down a cease and desist. If they threw down a cease and desist for Deadmau5 for having a rodent type head thing then they will slaughter these guys with lawyers. Also Steam allows this shit to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QtCzg2govw
The WoW server greenlight seems to have been removed from the greenlight page.

Random dudes on the internet making a bootleg Star Wars game said:
It is with great pleasure that as of today I am able to officially announce that Frontwire Studios has officially signed a distribution deal with Steam/Valve for the game Galaxy in Turmoil. After ongoing discussion between Valve Representatives and myself, Valve/Steam has agreed to ship Galaxy in Turmoil to it’s millions of users for FREE.
giphy.gif

Also Valve are lazy fucks and don't check shit. They just go oh it's on Greenlight? It has 5 upvotes? APPROVED!

Actually Madjoki thinks they just use a bot at this point which explains a lot.

They won't get off their ass and look at a game until the press starts making a big stink about it and it makes them look bad.

Why should they care? They got their Greenlight fee.
Supposedly, it goes to charity. They originally made it free but they changed to $100 donated to charity to deter people from shit posting nonsense joke and trash games.

As you can see, it didn't quite have the desired effect.

Hard Reset Redux looks fine to me, it's a 5 yr old game anyway so it's gonna look dated but it looks pretty good. Gameplay is alright but I like Shadow Warrior way better. I liked Arkham Knight, graphics are awesome and combat is the best in any Arkham game. It doesn't run that bad like it did before, I had it running at 60 fps everything on normal at 1080p on my 280x and it was fine.

Hard Reset Redux looks fine to me, it's a 5 yr old game anyway so it's gonna look dated but it looks pretty good. Gameplay is alright but I like Shadow Warrior way better. I liked Arkham Knight, graphics are awesome and combat is the best in any Arkham game. It doesn't run that bad like it did before, I had it running at 60 fps everything on normal at 1080p on my 280x and it was fine.
Well yeah, I don't think anyone had an issue with how the game looks.. people are complaining about how it looks a bit worse than the original. The redux to me looks like a quick crash grab designed primarily for consoles (like most remasters/enhanced/definitive/redux games), with tacked on features copied from Shadow Warrior 2013. Probably better off playing Shadow Warrior to begin with, it's the better game and looks better too.. plus it's been like a dollar on steam (after coupon), and has been bundled a few times.

I think the only Redux worth buying was the Metro Redux.  The original went through some changes on the way stealth mechanics works and how the game looks. Not only that, the performance was so much better since they port the improved engine from Last Light to 2033.

I'm just happy we've even gotten those few PC-centric FPS over the past several years. Hard Reset, Shadow Warrior, Rise of the Triad, EYE: Divine Cybermancy, STALKER.

Wish there were more.

So I bought xcom 2 at greenmangaming and it's a steam code- do I have any protection if it doesn't run on my laptop?
Why didn't you check the game's system requirements on its Steam game-page at the bottom of the page against your laptop's specs?

You want to at least be around mimimum's, but it's better to be at recommended specs and above.

And if you don't know what's in your laptop - go get Speccy Free Version; run the program; and let me check out what you have.

I seriously think the Overwatch community is starting to become too big for it's own good. Today about 85-90% of games I was in was full of people who should not be playing shooters period. Horrible team choices, no understands to get on the point, no one knows what the hell team comp is. It was painful to even play they were so bad.

bread's done
Back