Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So my PC started randomly crashing/freezing. Basically at random intervals it would either shut off or just completely freeze or BSOD and I would need to restart. Tried running Memtest86 and that froze as well.

I am thinking my RAM took a shit, but I am trying to be sure before I spend money on it. Would anyone be able confirm? Want to get this fixed before the summer sale if possible.
You can also try testing the RAM sticks one at a time with memtest instead of all at once. If you find a stick where it consistently freezes on and the others work, then there is a good chance you found the problem. If it still freezes on each individual stick, it could be all your Ram (low chance) or something else like your mobo, etc. (much more likely).

Last edited by a moderator:
You can replace Rocket League with virtually any game we play on bronights and that would still be an accurate description.
Speaking of, last night continued our tradition of playing some old, dead game (Orbital Gear this time) and having the one guy still playing it jump onto our server. Sorry, Lav-whoever, for being sucky players and probably extinguishing the flickering hope in your heart when you saw a server had people on it.

Wet her skirt?! Good enough for me! Looks like you convinced Keeper of Wind to play it too:

keeper.png
Half an hour is the average play time...what's he been doing for 1.7?

In Bronews, we finally got Weiler to play Rocket League with us! He whined and complained the whole time, but I know deep down inside he was having the time of his life.
add in the inevitable mystery scrub in orbital gear. Not a server running in both europe or americans when we start playing, by the end of our session some random internet stooge pops on our server.

in other news, rocket league is boring crap

So according to a The Christian Times article (that google so kindly found for me) this coming steam sale is purported to have daily and flash sales.

Why the sleuths at The Christian Times report about hardcore gamers and steam sales nobody knows but this is good news if true. These last few sales have been a bore and at the least it may get me to impulse buy something that I will instantly regret as it gets bundled days later.

I honestly doubt that we'll see dailies and flash again. The article bases his hypothesis on the fact that Valve did not say anything about Summer 2016 last year.

Mmmm...

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has revealed that Microsoft's plans to keep improving their PC presence include shipping some games on Steam.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/microsoft-committed-to-pc-gaming
Yeah, that Phil Spencer interview w/ Giant Bomb was really good last night, to say the least.

I love GB's late night E3 interviews and shenanigans.

Also, Tim Schafer can play a mean game of freaking Jenga.

EDIT:

Not sure if right thread to post, but saw this on reddit.

Rainbow Six Siege for $15.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VF6A5JE
If only that also included The Season Pass...

So according to a The Christian Times article (that google so kindly found for me) this coming steam sale is purported to have daily and flash sales.

Why the sleuths at The Christian Times report about hardcore gamers and steam sales nobody knows but this is good news if true. These last few sales have been a bore and at the least it may get me to impulse buy something that I will instantly regret as it gets bundled days later.
That site also has said within the past few weeks that HL3 is set to release in 2018, and that it'll be VR and Valve is working "double time" to meet their deadline

i dont know that i trust this site

There were good times, there were bad times, and yes, there were Christian Times. Their reporting makes perfect sense if you don't think about it.

I can't wait to see how many negative reviews that game gets once everyone gets a key again.

jklol

I'm gonna activate my key then never look at it nor the store page again.

Looks like the Rainbow Six Siege for $15 deal has been fixed (or adjusted). It's back to $49.99.

"y u no wen..." can now commence!

OMG, IGN is showing-off this new console-game Rocket League at E3.

#BestGameAtE3.

#ThisNeedsAPCVersion.
I'm just waiting for a console version of HuniePop.
Hey all,

Can we all agree to just retire the YCS thing? Granted, I'm a long time lurker, seldom poster, and my opinion around here carries no weight, but at this point, I feel like it's only used to highlight jokes that aren't funny. So if you're inclined to use YCS because you fear your post won't be recognized as a joke, maybe just think twice before posting it. Or at least don't draw attention to its lack of what passes for humor by highlighting it.

Just to clarify, my quotes above are not meant to call out specific unfunny joke YCS perpetrators; they just appeared on the page this morning and simply represent a recent sampling.

Thank you. You may now return to your daily hilarity.

aww shit, he dun called you out

It's okay.  I'm also a proponent of "If the joke has to be explained, then it's not funny".

Hey all,

Can we all agree to just retire the YCS thing? Granted, I'm a long time lurker, seldom poster, and my opinion around here carries no weight, but at this point, I feel like it's only used to highlight jokes that aren't funny. So if you're inclined to use YCS because you fear your post won't be recognized as a joke, maybe just think twice before posting it. Or at least don't draw attention to it lack of what passes for humor by highlighting it.

Just to clarify, my quotes above are not meant to call out specific unfunny joke YCS perpetrators; they just appeared on the page this morning and simply represent a recent sampling.

Yeah, MysterD.

That site also has said within the past few weeks that HL3 is set to release in 2018, and that it'll be VR and Valve is working "double time" to meet their deadline

i dont know that i trust this site
If we get dailies next week does that mean HL3 is confirmed...to be years away from release?

Hey all,

Can we all agree to just retire the YCS thing? Granted, I'm a long time lurker, seldom poster, and my opinion around here carries no weight, but at this point, I feel like it's only used to highlight jokes that aren't funny. So if you're inclined to use YCS because you fear your post won't be recognized as a joke, maybe just think twice before posting it. Or at least don't draw attention to it lack of what passes for humor by highlighting it.

MysterD is handicapped and that's why yellow comic sans was implemented. Granted it still doesn't help much but it's like asking to take wheel chair ramps off buildings....and like wheel chair ramps they aren't used as their intended and kids and doing rail slides down them on skateboards.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/616/

Killing Floor 2 for ~10€ if you own rest of Tripwire's stuff. I think this is lowest it has been.

Looks like the Rainbow Six Siege for $15 deal has been fixed (or adjusted). It's back to $49.99.

"y u no wen..." can now commence!
I'm ready!

ImVP6uE.png

I'm asking Madjoki to gift it to me for my birthday since we all know he is a Steam wallet gazillionaire.
I'd probably buy Vive if I could fully pay it with Steam Wallet.

bread's done
Back