Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Too bad Nuuvem is locked, otherwise I would totally got that Dracula's Origins Pack
I bought all the Castllevania games from there a while ago and they weren't locked.

Give it a shot. If they're selling a special store-only pack, there's a small chance it won't be locked at the beginning of the sale.

xDnTxzn.jpg

Best 27 seconds Tebow's mom has ever had.
This is the difficulty level I proudly play every game at.

will i be able to get the NBA 2k 16 from nuuvem and be ok on steam?
It's 2K, it's go Brazil locks (the Jordan edition does in the steamdb anyhow), it's almost certainly Paypal locked, so TL;DR no.

I don't know how much they are selling it for but it was on sale sorta cheapish at one or two Not Sure If Serious Scheistery stores lately.

It's 2K, it's go Brazil locks (the Jordan edition does in the steamdb anyhow), it's almost certainly Paypal locked, so TL;DR no.

I don't know how much they are selling it for but it was on sale sorta cheapish at one or two Not Sure If Serious Scheistery stores lately.
The Steam sale price right now is the cheapest it's been, so unless nuuvem is selling it at a huge discount it's probably the best place to get it from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony questions the demand for cross platform console/PC games

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06/29/sony-microsofts-moves-to-unify-xbox-one-and-windows-wont-influence-playstations-strategy/

Meanwhile, we're getting more PS weeboo shit than ever on Steam. The real kind, not the fake white people made phoned-in Sakura Booby Bounce kind.
Makes sense considering Microsoft owns Windows OS. Microsoft's strategy is interesting because if everything exclusive to Xbox that I care about will eventually appear on PC (more likely on their Windows 10 Store but hopefully Steam too), then I only will need a PC, PS4 for Sony exclusives like Bloodborne, Yakuza series, and JRPGs, and whenever Nintendo's NX is coming out for that Skyrim Zelda.

Was at my local purveyor of walls and they had WOW MMO mice for $20. YMMV. Don't have the best reviews but someone might want one. I got a RAT MMO mouse for my birthday and I am loving it.

meanwhile, microcenter had asus-strix 1080's in stock last night while i was picking up other things, so if anyone is interested in a used 970 there is one available ;)
I just installed a 970 today.

Letting NVidia Experience, drivers and all of that mess update, as we speak.

How'd that happen? You went from a 960 to 970? How much VRAM?
Someone who just got a 1080 that I know sold me his 970 for $100 (which he barely used the 970, since he just bought that new PC equipped with a 970 - so he's moving to the 1080).

Figured for $100, WTH? [shrug]

4GB 3.5GB VRAM, I'd suppose - given the 970's history.

Was at my local purveyor of walls and they had WOW MMO mice for $20. YMMV. Don't have the best reviews but someone might want one. I got a RAT MMO mouse for my birthday and I am loving it.
Mexicans steal all the good shit from Walmart. Now I know why Trump hates you guys.

Mexicans steal all the good shit from Walmart. Now I know why Trump hates you guys.
Yeah, goddamn those Mexicans. I just bought an M510 for three bucks last week, otherwise I'd still not buy a WOW mouse because that shit looks tacky as fuck.

(Reports himself for self-loathing.)

Someone who just got a 1080 that I know sold me his 970 for $100 (which he barely used, since he just bought that new PC equipped with a 970 - so he's moving to the 1080).

Is what you should've got initially, since now you spent over $300 between both cards? ^_^

Why would you install that GeForce Experience crap? Plenty of games now auto-select the recommendations for your specs. Shadowplay is the only feature worth using, but even then there are better alternatives.

Is what you should've got initially, since now you spent over $300 between both cards? ^_^

Why would you install that GeForce Experience crap? Plenty of games now auto-select the recommendations for your specs. Shadowplay is the only feature worth using, but even then there are better alternatives.
I've always had GF Experience installed. Not that I use it much or anything.

I usually just right-click on that and screw around w/ the NVidia Panel settings per game, if need be - i.e. if I want to ramp things up past in-game settings.

To be exact: $202.41 for the 4GB 960 when I bought it (last year) + $100 for the 970 (today).

I got two (different) cards here instead of the one 970. I still got the 960 as back-up, if the 970 ever fails.

Anyways, just ran WWE 2K16. Didn't expect this game to give me any problems, since the 960 never did. I could always run it at 1080p 60FPS w/ everything maxed-out, except MSAA was off. Though with 970, now I can run MSAA - to be specific, now its max in-game setting - without any performance hits.

2-a96RQkJ2.jpg

Someone who just got a 1080 that I know sold me his 970 for $100 (which he barely used, since he just bought that new PC equipped with a 970 - so he's moving to the 1080).

Make sure you sell the 960 to recoup some of your money. It's foolish to keep it as a back up. By the time the 970 fails it'll be cheaper to buy a new one that plop in a dated 960. I hope you learned a valuable lesson here.

Hey, I left those MMO mice there for some other sucker. I think the reason they have bad reviews are because they are billed as MMO mice, but only have like 5-6 buttons. My R.A.T. has like a million buttons I won't use. I've always wanted a R.A.T. and I finally do! It also matches my color scheme, cuz.

mad-catz-mmo-te-review-left.jpg

Make sure you sell the 960 to recoup some of your money. It's foolish to keep it as a back up. By the time the 970 fails it'll be cheaper to buy a new one that plop in a dated 960. I hope you learned a valuable lesson here.

Hey, I left those MMO mice there for some other sucker. I think the reason they have bad reviews are because they are billed as MMO mice, but only have like 5-6 buttons. My R.A.T. has like a million buttons I won't use. I've always wanted a R.A.T. and I finally do! It also matches my color scheme, cuz.

mad-catz-mmo-te-review-left.jpg
Is that a BioForge hand?

BioForge_Coverart.png

Batman AK at max on first non-NVidia settings all at max still runs like garbage with VSync off + 60 FPS cap here on 970. It's constantly all over the place - b/t 30 to 60 FPS, constant rises and drops. Doesn't matter if I keep it under 3.5 GB of VRAM usage, goes over it, or not. This thing just no matter what runs inconsistent.

30FPS cap seems to be fine here, as it doesn't even go below 29 frames - even flying + zipping around in the Batmobile. That's more stable than my 960 was, as that seemed to have a bouncing 5 frames up and down situation (which I didn't think was a big deal).

Let's face it - this game is an unoptimized piece of garbage right down there w/ the likes of Gothic 3. Batman AK game at max looks great, but runs like ass. The game ran fine at lower settings even back on my 4GB 960 (so I would guess it would run fine on my 970 here), but looks like ass. 

If anyone has a 1070 or 1080 around here, I'd love to hear how Batman AK runs for you - especially if you are not using the 30FPS lock.

Batman AK at max on first non-NVidia settings all at max still runs like garbage with VSync off + 60 FPS cap here on 970. It's constantly all over the place - b/t 30 to 60 FPS, constant rises and drops. Doesn't matter if I keep it under 3.5 GB or VRAM usage, goes over it, or not. This thing just no matter what runs inconsistent.

30FPS cap seems to be fine here, as it doesn't even go below 29 frames - even flying in the Batmobile. That's more stable than my 960 was, as that seemed to have a 5 frames up and down.

Let's face it - this game is an optimized piece of garbage right down there w/ the likes of Gothic 3. Batman AK game at max looks great, but runs like ass. The game ran fine at lower settings even back on my 4GB 960 (so I would guess it would run fine on my 970 here), but looks like ass.

If anyone has a 1070 or 1080 around here, I'd love to hear how Batman AK runs for you.
DON'T GO BREAKING YOUR 970 LIKE YOU DID YOUR 960! YOU JUST GOT IT! THERE'S NO SHAME IN RUNNING SHITTY BATMAN AK! EVERYONE RUNS SHITTY BATMAN AK! No yellow comic sans.

My Best Buy had two GTX 980s marked down from $599 to $399 which they put out on their clearance table, and they sold.   People are dumb and lazy.

Anybody have thoughts on the Transformers Devastation game? Tempted at 75% off, plus the old school transformers yanks on the nostalgia strings.
The game is tons of fun but it can get old at times due to repetitiveness and it's a bit on the short side (5 hours). Honestly, the worst thing Platinum could've done was signing a contract with Activision, they're known for developing short but games that unfortunately do not mix well with Activision's pricing policy. Devastation would've been a great $30 game, but even at 75% I wouldn't recommend it because you can get way more content from a $20 indie title. It's kinda sad that the game will not sell well because its amount of content simply does not justify the price point. If you're gonna play it right away and you're a Transformers fan, then it's a no brainer, I don't see the game selling for a cheaper price soon, it's Activision.

bread's done
Back