Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
"Bob Sanchez"
'Bow sanchez

Is he even old enough to vote? I can imagine him writing in Bernie on his ballot, but it won't count because sometimes spelling matters. Also, I'm fairly certain they throw away ballots with stickers of wrestling divas. I thought I saw that mentioned in the constitution; farther down in the section people aren't so familiar with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I want it but don't $40 want it and don't even think I $30 want it.

I have no idea how free/chintzy they will be with the sales on this game. Their western stuff they slash prices like 5 minutes after release but they are super chintzy with the FF specials.

Yeah I want it but don't $40 want it and don't even think I $30 want it.

I have no idea how free/chintzy they will be with the sales on this game. Their western stuff they slash prices like 5 minutes after release but they are super chintzy with the FF specials.
Agree completely.

Game looks great, but not $40 great. Heard mixed things already from some Japanese player reviews.

I want, but will wait for sub $25

I am Setsuna would be a $40 retail boxed game, making $20 the most I would think about spending on it digitally.   And that still feels like too much. 

The piano arrangements sounds awesome.  Excellent soundtracks are such an overlooked component of fantastical gaming experiences.

I'm in the middle of playing Undertale right now.   The music is good, and the battles are interesting.  But Undertale absolutely is overrated (considering those reviews).   The game is good, but not great.  I'm not knocking the game at all, but millenials definitely have some sort of issue with inflated, subjective scoring when it comes to retro things and other novelties.  The writing is funny at times but is also often quite cringeworthy and juvenile.

+1 to the Undertale being overrated tripe count. I'm apparently near the end and I still didn't have the urge to finish.

Spare me your talk of Game of the Year. It's arse.

I'm not a console person so I don't get the whole physical is worth more than digital thing. I don't get the whole physical thing period. That's so 90s for me but whatever floats people boats.

And the way a lot of people went on and on about Undertale it's hard for it to not be overrated, but that's not Undertale's fault.

I'm not a console person so I don't get the whole physical is worth more than digital thing. I don't get the whole physical thing period. That's so 90s for me but whatever floats people boats.

And the way a lot of people went on and on about Undertale it's hard for it to not be overrated, but that's not Undertale's fault.
Some people just like to collect, man. They like their collections and knowing they own something tangibly and in perpetuity, with no strings attached, independent of other services and servers. There's no way to rationally explain to someone how hoarding is superior. It's not. Perhaps it is gluttonous or overindulgent. But it's an alternative that many people choose because they want to own something forever, or have the ability to sell or trade things down the line. People also like to display or look at their box art collections. For certain other people, something has to be tangible to have real value. This is another common disconnect between older people and the younger generation (who are more digital ownership oriented).

If you don't sell games or merchandise I can see how it would be hard to accept.

+1 to the Undertale being overrated tripe count. I'm apparently near the end and I still didn't have the urge to finish.

Spare me your talk of Game of the Year. It's arse.
I felt the same way, having to force myself to finish it. Then finding out you don't actually get the true ending unless you play through it a second time? F that, no way I could stomach going through it all again.

Some people just like to collect, man. They like their collections and knowing they own something tangibly and in perpetuity, with no strings attached, independent of other services and servers. There's no way to rationally explain to someone how hoarding is superior. It's not. Perhaps it is gluttonous or overindulgent. But it's an alternative that many people choose because they want to own something forever, or have the ability to sell or trade things down the line. People also like to display or look at their box art collections. For certain other people, something has to be tangible to have real value. This is another common disconnect between older people and the younger generation (who are more digital ownership oriented).

If you don't sell games or merchandise I can see how it would be hard to accept.
Oh I hoard too just not in the real world. :p

For some reason I can't stand to see piles of shit all over the damned place if I'm not using it but if it's off in cyberspace I will happily keep adding to it out of sight out of mind.

*Edit to add: And I'm not the younger generation, I just converted to digital quite some time ago. Being primarily PC gaming oriented makes that a lot simpler because physical's been long since dead for us anyhow.

I don't think Undertale is overrated, i think it's overspoiled.

If you play through Undertale without any idea what to expect from it, it's a fantastic experience and a great subversion of a lot of RPG tropes.  Unfortunately, almost nobody actually got to play it like that, because from the get-go, everyone was talking about "Oh, there are multiple endings, let me give them names that give away what you need to do" "Oh, I killed X by accident"  "Oh man, here's literally every single thing about Sans" "Oh man let me talk about this secret area because it's hilarious" "Oh man here's my favorite quote"

The game is meant to surprise and delight the player, and the huge number of people talking about it took away all the surprise.  Very few did it on purpose, but when tens of thousands of people all decide that "just one thing" isn't bad and they all pick different "one things", the vast majority of the twists get spoiled very quickly.

I don't think Undertale is overrated, i think it's overspoiled.

If you play through Undertale without any idea what to expect from it, it's a fantastic experience and a great subversion of a lot of RPG tropes. Unfortunately, almost nobody actually got to play it like that, because from the get-go, everyone was talking about "Oh, there are multiple endings, let me give them names that give away what you need to do" "Oh, I killed X by accident" "Oh man, here's literally every single thing about Sans" "Oh man let me talk about this secret area because it's hilarious" "Oh man here's my favorite quote"

The game is meant to surprise and delight the player, and the huge number of people talking about it took away all the surprise. Very few did it on purpose, but when tens of thousands of people all decide that "just one thing" isn't bad and they all pick different "one things", the vast majority of the twists get spoiled very quickly.
If something has to rely on the surprise factor that much then it just isn't that good. Unless it's the Sixth Sense.

Re: Digital

I used to be staunchly anti-digital, so much so you'd think I was some rural European taking his mule to the city every weekend for his video game purchases. Then I got back into PC gaming and you really don't have a choice. Then I started getting too lazy to go to red box. Then I realized buying CDs doesn't make sense with Spotify.

I still have a collection of rap CDs I need to sell, but they are mostly collectibles so they are only going up in value. I even have some books I bought in the last few years that are worth over $100 because they are out if print.

When I got my Fallout 4 in the mail last week it was like, activate Steam code, oh the case cover is reversible, neat, throw it in a drawer.

As far as digital vs physical for me:

With console games I buy physical because I want to be able to resell it down the line. Sometimes that REALLY works well, sometimes it doesn't. The digital isn't generally cheaper so why NOT take the chance on playing the game for almost free? Comics are the same for the most part. Physical tends to retain a high % of the value I spent so I only buy digital when it is very cheap. PC games and books are primarily digital for me. I don't want a worthless PC game box with a code inside so digital is a win. Books on kindle are generally cheaper than a new physical. Bonus points for not having to take it to the Goodwill later.

When I got my physical copy of Fallout 4 from newegg I activated the Steam code and the game/case went straight into the trash, which is just what you do with a dirty diaper.

When I got my physical copy of Fallout 4 from newegg I activated the Steam code and the game/case went straight into the trash, which is just what you do with a dirty diaper.
BRTky.jpg

I succumbed and ended up getting Shadow of Mordor, and the GOTY upgrade, via trades. It won't show up on my Steam activity feed, and I can pretend that I got it during the Summer Sale glitch. 

For those of us that game on consoles but are not collectors, physical releases are nice in that you can resell them at some point.  Assuming you get good deals or the print runs are limited you might even make a profit.  Honestly for me that is the only benefit in physical copies over digital on consoles.  

5 copies of Party Hard are in stock on tremor.. I finally grabbed one. inb4 it's free tomorrow.

EDIT: Now out of stock

Yeah, I mostly buy physical games on console due to re-sale/trade value. I don't even own that many PS3 games anymore, I sold most of them a while ago. I only kept stuff I know I will play again and won't be available for PC such as Bayonetta, Vanquish, Catherine, Demon's Souls and some Ratchet & Clank games.

re:digital libraries

You also gotta understand that it was probably just 5-6 years ago that Steam earned its stamp of approval.  People learned they could count on its service to be dependable forever.  Support and dependability from other platforms and services prior to 2010ish were always in flux.  DRM was a huge hassle and inconvenience.  Games with Windows Live sucked.  People were generally mistrusting of digital distribution channels.  Prior to Windows XP people's computers were ALL massively screwed with malware, often making them unusable.  Also, no one really cared about Steam before they started doing huge price slashing sales.

Something like Steam or iTunes is really safe.   Other services like PSN, Xbox Live, Amazon Prime, Netflix, or any other digital subscriptions could fold up shop tomorrow and become acquired by or merge with another company that shuts their servers down, morph into something else entirely, or else alter their membership into becoming something unrecognizable.  Look how badly they butchered Pandora.  PC effectively has an infinite life cycle.  However, If you had bought anything online with your Sega Dreamcast or original Xbox those servers are long-gone. Just wait until they pull the plug on PS3 in a few years...

Digital purchasing through Steam is great.  Other things, not so much.  Most services come to an end.   Digital distribution is just plateauing now.  I could see how if you were like 23years old or younger how it would seem like it had always been this way.  But things have been evolving slowly over time.  Many people don't want to depend on services in order to have access to their entire libraries and catalogues of media.  Data caps, download speeds, and file storage are still huge issues.  You will absolutely see instances of backlash in the near future when someone like say Barnes&Noble goes out of business and something like Nook is no longer supported.  (I realize most of these examples have nothing to do with Steam.  But it's about the perception of digital investment in general.  In most cases you simply don't own your own stuff.)

and you never will until you get a console.. :whistle2:
I actually have a PS3 but admittedly I barely use it.

I do have a PSTV though and have bought quite a bit for the Vita, almost all of it digital. I get the whole thing about the annoyance of the expensive proprietary Sony memory cards with limited space but for me having a PSTV and good internet I just download what I want when I want to play it and delete it when I'm done and need to make room for something else.

I've started slowing down how much I buy for the Vita lately though not because of physical or digital but just because so much of what comes out there is now starting to come to Steam as well whereas in the past it hadn't.

I realize most of these examples have nothing to do with Steam. But it's about the perception of digital investment in general. In most cases you simply don't own your own stuff.
That's what people said about Steam though before the masses warmed up to it. And some Europeans and GOG brigade types still beat that drum.

I remember someone telling me years ago that he thought Netflix would never catch on and that nobody wanted to watch movies over the internet.

It helps though if the services aren't complete shit. Valve helped do away with a lot of dumbass shit that existed in the early PC digital downloads like downloads that expire and activation limits etc.

If anybody is interested (both in the game, and taking the risk),

I am Setsuna listed here on eBay for $18.80.

The description for it is a grammatical nightmare, but for those who didn't want to pay the current prices on Steam.

There's been 7 sold in past couple weeks, and about 10 left.

If anybody is interested (both in the game, and taking the risk),

I am Setsuna listed here on eBay for $18.80.

The description for it is a grammatical nightmare, but for those who didn't want to pay the current prices on Steam.

There's been 7 sold in past couple weeks, and about 10 left.
Too many hacked ebay accounts in the past month

AHAHHAHAHA you have to give them ur steam account are you fucking kidding me

Too many hacked ebay accounts in the past month
I thought so at first too, but all those other accounts have been inactive sellers that just randomly start selling again, and they selling things that aren't even close to what they've sold before.

This seller has been actively selling, and seems to be "legit".

The only thing questionable is the delivery method, and that the seller doesn't give you a code, but you need to either make a separate Steam account, and he activates it for you, or you change your password, then let him log on to activate it on an account you want.

It's all sort of janky and weird, lol.

Just an option if people were interested, and didn't really care about playing it on a different steam account. :p

Honestly, never seen something so odd before on eBay (but then again I don't buy digital stuff on eBay often).

So at least it's definitely not a hacked account, but certainly puts the risk of your account getting hacked? @_@ *shrug* lol

I didn't notice that at first. When Fiss pointed it out I noticed that fine print and uh yeahno.

56WjNit.png

He Chinese. He might play just and put peepee in my coke.

This seller has been actively selling, and seems to be "legit".
There goes that word again. I think people on CAG have a very different definition than the standard definition.

I think I'm more surprised that so many people have let this guy onto their account. :O

There goes that word again. I think people on CAG have a very different definition than the standard definition.
To be fair, I did put it in quotations. ;D

That's what people said about Steam though before the masses warmed up to it. And some Europeans and GOG brigade types still beat that drum.

I remember someone telling me years ago that he thought Netflix would never catch on and that nobody wanted to watch movies over the internet.

It helps though if the services aren't complete shit. Valve helped do away with a lot of dumbass shit that existed in the early PC digital downloads like downloads that expire and activation limits etc.
How many years ago was it that Netflix switched to start offering streaming service? Four? Netflix was dogshit before then. They also tried doubling the price for streaming a year after it caught on and half their membership dropped them. Amazon prime cost $50 annually just 2 or 3 years ago. Now it's $99. It also used to be just $25 for free shipping on anything w/o the membership. The point is that anytime someone comes into the market and earns a psuedo-monopoly you better watch out. Same thing with anytime a new group of investors or ownership takes over an existing company and their primary concern is raising shareholder value and printing money. /wave Activision-Blizzard

Things change. Steam is great and all but everyone has a lot of recency bias in regards to their viewpoint of digital services in general.

If you want the game bad enough to let someone have your login info, I just dont know anymore. There is always a better option than that. It may cost a few bucks more, but that savings isn't worth it.

A few years ago I wanted BF3 around release as me and a buddy played it together regularly but I wanted to get it cheap. I was not a regular here yet (still lurking more than posting) but I went on Ebay and found it. Dude was Russian and sends me login info for a hacked account complete with original owners info and CC stuff still present. Got a refund from Ebay after the typical hassle and contacted Origin as I had logged in to that account obviously/immediately logged out and didnt want to get in any trouble myself. Still the dirtiest Ive ever felt trying to save money. 

Okay if you don't have Tebow as a friend your feed is missing out.

BernieorBust Clinton corruption said:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975566840/ dumb trump troll lol
11:05 AM - Vlad Bagina: bernie drank the krooked koolaid... what a sellout, he was probably promised something if the criminal wins...
11:27 AM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: No he was force by dnc to endorse her or he wouldnt get tp speak convention u dumbass ur idiiot
11:27 AM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: U fake supporter
11:35 AM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: He hasnt concede hasnt suspend his campaign he didnt want to but he was force to and bernieorbust means writebbernien in
11:40 AM - Vlad Bagina: u just wanted the free stuff he promised that he cant give u, get a job you bum
11:41 AM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: It not free dumb trolll and have job it paid taxes are u stupid like hilary and trump supporters please do ur fucking research none of ot freee
11:44 AM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: U need to go to school to open ur brain
11:45 AM - Vlad Bagina: as soon as you have to pay taxes you'll change your tune
11:45 AM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: I alreadyy did u dumvass iduot
11:47 AM - Vlad Bagina: im not talking your french fry job, you will live in your parent's basement until well into your 40s
12:17 PM - Vlad Bagina is now Online.
12:46 PM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: ur idiot i blivie on my own u trol.,l
12:46 PM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: are u stupid iwork for usps
12:46 PM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: paid 15.63 so fuck off hilary/trump paid troll
12:50 PM - Vlad Bagina: gary johnson u commie
12:51 PM - Vlad Bagina: get your hands off my future u elitist
1:04 PM - Vlad Bagina is now Online.
1:07 PM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: ur sutpid socialist is not communit u troll
1:07 PM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: suck a dick bitch
1:07 PM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: ur idiotic dumb anti american who has brain of peanut
1:07 PM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: democratiic socialist is not same as communit u dumb shit there govt controll take over
1:07 PM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: it tohelp oworking class have chnace
1:08 PM - BernieorBust! Clinton corruption: u need school to learn differnce
call him out and he cried like bitch what idiotic person must be trump or hilary troll dumb as rock dont do reserach
Oh and please tell me that he doesn't actually live by himself but he was just saying that to try to win the argument.

bread's done
Back