Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I got Nova who I had, and the Age of Apocalypse Iceman costume.

Not so bad for me. I can use the Rocket Raccoon character token to upgrade his ultimate power. I just have to run through and level him up.
At least it's one of the best looking ultimates. If you use size increases on Rocket, his ultimate increases in size as well so you wind up with a gigantic mech.

I ended up with Venom and a costume for DareDevil who I got from the last freebie round. Does anyone know if this is a one time deal or will there be more?

They do giveaways every so often but it's usually not announced until right before. This random box one was, well, random but I wouldn't be surprised if say they gave away Dr Strange and/or Luke Cage when their movie/show comes out.

Demo is up on Steam page for Phantom Brave. Chapter 1 is playable and you can transfer the save data to the final release version out on the 25th.

Damn it.  Now I have to redownload Marvel and give it another chance.  I think I tried it first year and it glitched out on me within 10 minutes so I uninstalled and never looked back.

Rolled around a bit in Marvel Heroes.  Seems pretty much "here's everything all at once", which feels overwhelming.  Maybe just not in the mood, but doesn't seem to scratch the same itch that going back to D3 would.   Login day 2 to see what other free hero I got.  The first one was Ghost Rider *yawn* and a Human Torch skin.  Double bummers. 

At keast we didn't pay for our skins unlike someone I know. hairflip.gif
Brb buying 10 street fighter skins

10 League of Legends skins

then 30 Keys to unlock crates in cs:go

On another note, downloading Marvel Heroes 2016.
I hope the game is fun, I can play this between Street Fighter V breaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolled around a bit in Marvel Heroes. Seems pretty much "here's everything all at once", which feels overwhelming. Maybe just not in the mood, but doesn't seem to scratch the same itch that going back to D3 would. Login day 2 to see what other free hero I got. The first one was Ghost Rider *yawn* and a Human Torch skin. Double bummers.
Though I haven't played him, ghost rider looks really fun and will probably be my next pick after I get bored with Dr. Doom. Dem fire chain whips look sick.

Logged in and got Venom and some classic Iron Man skin. For those of you play regularly, which heroes are the most fun? Realized I didn't even get to the point of choosing an initial hero last time.

Yea, I thought I had to choose a hero, but you can play around with all of them and only uncap one, I think?

The Magik girl (with summons and a big sword) seems pretty cool. 

Yea, I thought I had to choose a hero, but you can play around with all of them and only uncap one, I think?

The Magik girl (with summons and a big sword) seems pretty cool.
I have her as a team up. I like her Russian accent.

You can play any of the characters to level 10. Then I believe you get to pick one that you want to unlock that you can take all the way to level 60.

I think you also get 400 eternity splinters, which is enough to buy most heroes or two random hero boxes, for logging in on day two seven but it's been forever since I've done it.

*Edit: I guess it's 7 days now? Info is kinda sketchy on it when you search and outdated stuff comes up.

*Edit 2: Yes it's 7 days.

QIz1ayL.png

So if you unlocked a character that you regret for you one initial unlock you can still get one more 400 splinter character, two 200 splinter ones or try you luck with two random character boxes at 175 each.

just got a "we miss you" coupon from gmg for an extra 10% off anything including sale prices. no idea if itll work for anyone but me but if you want to try it, message me :)

edit: doesnt work for anyone else

The bros played The Red Solstice last night and boy is it hard.  That's what she said.

Seriously though, brutally hard, even on easy.  I mean towards the end we lasted pretty long but still ended up dying in an onslaught of zombies and behemoths and bah's moms.  Didn't finish one mission.  It's  a fun game though, I just think it has a big learning curve and you have to die a lot before you start winning.  That or we just suck.  That's what she said. 

I got Hawkeye and modern Hawkeye skin....wish I was joking. My character was Hawkeye as well haha.
Hawkeye was my first character. Granted, back then you got to chose one character from 5 (Storm, and Thing were two of the others but I'm drawing a blank who the other two were) and you got a another random one (from the 5) when you finished the prologue and finally a third one at random when you defeated the final campaign boss.

Anyhow, playing Hawkeye always made me feel like I was playing the Rogue from Diablo on steroids. Fun times. :) (Not sure were he ranks now.)

Anyhow, I own all the characters minus 2 (Ultron and Green Goblin) so I wasn't expecting much but an ultimate upgrade is always a good thing... I also own pretty much all the costumes I like so again I wasn't expecting much.

Anyhow, I got Green Goblin (I guess I can keep saving my Eternity Splinters) so I did allot better than I expected to do. I did get Scarlet Witch's (More like Scarlet bi....) Modern Costume. So I struck out there but no way I'll complain about it. :D

Edit: Still not seeing that stupid demo for the new trials game.

LOL, I DL'd Marvel Heroes...because. Well anyhoo, without having a clue how any of this works, I started with Captain America. Rewards that I got were Wolverine Sensei skin, and Iron Man. 

Baaaaa baaaaaa baaaaaa

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/756509786313666561
So the "demo" is the full game (around 15 GB dl). You have to beat the full game with less than 15 faults to keep it forever. Its not gonna be an easy keep needless to say.

If you're looking for it, go into uPlay in your main games section and click free games from the menu in the top middle of that screen.

Has anyone tried the Trials of the Blood Dragon demo yet? I am curious how hard it is as GMG has the Uplay version of the game on sale for 78% off ($3.29).

Edit: NM I see archbishopthedoge posted just before I did. I assume price is a glitch so bought.

Has anyone tried the Trials of the Blood Dragon demo yet? I am curious how hard it is as GMG has the Uplay version of the game on sale for 78% off ($3.29).
I didn't see the demo thing until I bought it from GMG...oh well, I think I'll get my money's worth out of it. Looks fun and I love the Trials games.

My thoughts on Trials of the Blood Dragon:

Downloading the demo now.  

I doubt I'll be good enough to get it for free.  I really don't like Trial games. 

If I'm good enough to get it for free, then I will probably enjoy it.  If I suck at it so much I don't get it for free, I probably don't want to buy it.  

First there was click a thousand links on Steam now they actually want us to play shit and play it well before we get it for free? aintnobodygottimeorskillforthat

So if the demo is the full game, and you finish it, what's the difference if they give it to you or not? No one cares about ewwplay +1 and it's not like you will ever need to play it again; at least not based on this: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/14/trials-of-the-blood-dragon-review/. This is clearly just a stunt to dredge up sales for a game that is clearly not meeting sales expectations.
It's not the full game. The file size is the same as the full game, but access is restricted so you can only play a couple levels. Many demos are like this. I think the promo might not be live yet, because I've seen people state they finished the demo with less than 15 faults and it directed them to the store page to buy the game

Ok ignore this post, I was wrong.

My thoughts on Trials of the Blood Dragon:

Downloading the demo now.

I doubt I'll be good enough to get it for free. I really don't like Trial games.

If I'm good enough to get it for free, then I will probably enjoy it. If I suck at it so much I don't get it for free, I probably don't want to buy it.
Note on uPlay demo, it will never go away once you delete it (like herpes)

I downloaded Child of Light demo to try it. I bought it later on. Now I have 2 entries both saying Child of Light and it pissed me off when I click on the wrong one.

Same case goes for the Crew demo but at least it states demo on the title.

#farkUPlay

So the "demo" is the full game (around 15 GB dl). You have to beat the full game with less than 15 faults to keep it forever. Its not gonna be an easy keep needless to say.

If you're looking for it, go into uPlay in your main games section and click free games from the menu in the top middle of that screen.
What are 15 faults? Just 15 deaths?

Calling it now, everyone uses cheat engine or something.

What are 15 faults? Just 15 deaths?

Calling it now, everyone uses cheat engine or something.
Is faults meter even permanent? You can restart level to reset it.

I downloaded Child of Light demo to try it. I bought it later on. Now I have 2 entries both saying Child of Light and it pissed me off when I click on the wrong one.

#farkUPlay
You can hide games on uPlay, even before steam had this feature. STEAM COPIED UPLAY.

#farkUPlay
Origins and Uplay is the same.

I still have beta and demos of crap I no longer have downloaded.

I logged into uplay to get a update for The Division, thanks to the guy that gave me a copy for free.

I feel bad that I never made it to level 30 when I was level 28 cause I got bored of it. Perhaps i'll get around to it this weekend.

#farkUPlay
Why not hide the demo from your library? That would prevent you clicking on the wrong one..

bread's done
Back