Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I wanted to buy Starbound but then I seen Dragon Ball Z on sale.

I can't decide which one is a better waste of my money.

Expecting someone to complain about 3 dragon ball z dlc is too much money then follow by me giving 3 wall o' text that makes no sense.
If you decide on getting DBZ don't bother ever trying to touch the online. People who still play all play with the same sets of easily exploitable skills which equal out to a nigh invincible enemy with one hit kill attacks. If you don't grind for hundreds of hours in the single player to obtain these rare random number generator dropped skills you will have no chance at all. However it does have a fun single player mode and there is also the option of coop battles.

Edit: You know come to think of it the online multiplayer is the perfect Dragon Ball experience. Buy it now!

Last edited:
If you and your whori fighting stick can't do it, then I know I don't have a chance.
WHY DID I PLAY WITH A PS4 CONTROLLER.

I WAS NOT THINKING, I DON'T EVEN USE MY PS4 CONTROLLER IN ANYTHING

If you decide on getting DBZ don't bother ever trying to touch the online. People who still play all play with the same sets of easily exploitable skills which equal out to a nigh invincible enemy with one hit kill attacks. If you don't grind for hundreds of hours in the single player to obtain these rare random number generator dropped skills you will have no chance at all. However it does have a fun single player mode and there is also the option of coop battles.
I'll just wait for the second game to come out then and wait for a bigger sale on the first game.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case you couldn't get enough of crappy presentations in E3, here's a giant presentation/"party" for a franchise that has produced crappy game after crappy game for 85% of its existence 

I couldn't beat Blood Trials, I got too amazed by the hotline stages and kept getting my bike stuck on a jump when I had 14 faults remaining.

Fun enough to buy on sale whenever it's 2.50 or bundle
Its 3.29 on GMG right now (log in, as its VIP priced lower than its non-logged in price). And yeah, the Hotline levels are just awesome homages to that series and the drugged out level was crazy. I ended up losing the fight in the Grail levels, so just bought it. Its really enjoyable for what it is. It definitely feels "easier" than most Trials games, but I think thats intended so people get through the story. Once you get about 7 or 8 stages in, the 15 fault limit just becomes hard to bear. For less than 3.50, it was worth it to me.

ya'll are just jelly that you couldn't be in that crowd for an hour and half while Crush 40 serenaded you with the music of an entire generation.

ROLLING AROUND

SPEED OF SOUND

GOT PLACES TO GOOOO

GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAIIIIINNBOOOWWWWWW

giphy.gif

ya'll are just jelly that you couldn't be in that crowd for an hour and half while Crush 40 serenaded you with the music of an entire generation.

ROLLING AROUND

SPEED OF SOUND

GOT PLACES TO GOOOO

GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAIIIIINNBOOOWWWWWW

giphy.gif
I thought Live and Learn and whatever the last song they played was good.

Felt weird Sega didn't pay someone to sing the other vocals in few songs.

Sonic Generations 2 was a good announcement.

Its 3.29 on GMG right now (log in, as its VIP priced lower than its non-logged in price). And yeah, the Hotline levels are just awesome homages to that series and the drugged out level was crazy. I ended up losing the fight in the Grail levels, so just bought it. Its really enjoyable for what it is. It definitely feels "easier" than most Trials games, but I think thats intended so people get through the story. Once you get about 7 or 8 stages in, the 15 fault limit just becomes hard to bear. For less than 3.50, it was worth it to me.
how's the replayability?

It's a Trials game, guys. The story might be awesome or whatever, but the actual gameplay is the same physics-based, dirtbike-riding side-scroller. The concept hasn't changed much in the last decade.

The more hype it gets, the less likely we'll see it in a dollar tier Humble. Just think of how Battleborn hype put it in the $15 tier even though it's absolutely awful.

At this point I think I have more DLC for games that I don't own on Origin than actual games.
Now you just need those games you got the DLC's for to have cheap base-games or (better yet) hope those base-games end up "On The House" at some point.

So last night I tried a few games out.

First up was Bad Rats Show and it was just awful.  This is coming from someone who completed the first one and I think this one may be worse.  Maybe I've lost patience since I played the first, but after struggling to simply place rats on the map and accidentally having to restart the puzzle multiple times because I hit escape trying to get to the options I just gave up and requested a refund.  

Next came Battleborn and I only played the prologue, which was 20 minutes long, but I had a ton of fun.  I mean, I'm sure it can get worse as it goes along, but so far it looks nice and the gameplay is fun.  Not sure if this will be a matter of the game getting progressively worse, or just the internet hype machine making Battleborn the favorite thing to make fun of. 

Finally, started playing Fallout 4 after getting it two weeks ago.  Man, I just played through the part where you meet the dog, but this game is awesome.  Definitely living up to the hype so far. 

So umm, theoretically speaking, how dangerous is it to activate a region locked game on steam while logged into that region via VPN? Are we talking ripping the tag off of a mattress levels of dangerous? Or are we talking "OMG, we just elected Donald Trump as our President" levels of dangerous?

So umm, theoretically speaking, how dangerous is it to activate a region locked game on steam while logged into that region via VPN? Are we talking ripping the tag off of a mattress levels of dangerous? Or are we talking "OMG, we just elected Hillary Clinton as our President" levels of dangerous?
FTFY

(just joking, could not resist as RNC just wrapped up with "Clinton for Prison" amongst other comments. in reality, it is like Brewster's Millions - vote for none of the above)

So umm, theoretically speaking, how dangerous is it to activate a region locked game on steam while logged into that region via VPN? Are we talking ripping the tag off of a mattress levels of dangerous? Or are we talking "OMG, we just elected Donald Trump as our President" levels of dangerous?
I've done it a few times but try to do it very sparingly. As long as you get in and get out and don't do a lot of bouncing around between countries back and forth it should be okay.

Keep in mind though that some games are region locked to play not just to activate. Older releases tend not to be though from what I can tell.

Even if it's region lock to play apparently the lock goes away in 3 months. Not like we play our games anyway. :p

I've never done it... Lots of people I consider brave bulk at doing it also.

Saving a few bucks at the chance of losing your account. The risks outweigh the reward big time.

I've never done it... Lots of people I consider brave bulk at doing it also.

Saving a few bucks at the chance of losing your account. The risks outweigh the reward big time.
The game in question is Defense Grid 2, and It's in my Inventory at the moment. I got it about a year ago as a freebie for owning Windborn (made by the same dev) as a consolation prize when they abandoned that game. Unfortunately, steam generated a region locked copy of the game for me when they handed out the freebies. This despite the fact that the copy of Windborn that I activated wasn't region locked. I guess the guy I bought it from bought it in Russia or something.

It's been sitting in my inventory mocking me ever since.

The game in question is Defense Grid 2, and It's in my Inventory at the moment. I got it about a year ago as a freebie for owning Windborn (made by the same dev) as a consolation prize when they abandoned that game. Unfortunately, steam generated a region locked copy of the game for me when they handed out the freebies. This despite the fact that the copy of Windborn that I activated wasn't region locked. I guess the guy I bought it from bought it in Russia or something.

Definitely not a game worth potentially losing a Main Steam account for.

On an unrelated topic, I hear you have a spare Defense Grid 2 that you can't use? :whistle2:

I think Madjoki had something before about region locked gifts not being playable after 3 months, only key activations will.....but don't quote me on that.

Oh Poopees. It figures they would have it since it has 100% negative reviews and sounds like total trash but I kind of want it anyway.

Just a reminder if you're on Windows 7/8, the free Windows 10 upgrade offer expires on Friday. I upgraded from 8 last year and it's been fine except for the stigmata

Okay do you purposely try to be obtuse or does it just come naturally?

I give up. How does this giveaway work exactly? I can't find anything anywhere in the Reddit thread or the Youtube link about a giveaway beyond the title of the post.
First comment? "If you want a key then leave a comment stating your favorite video game as a kid and I'll PM you one! :)"

Bought Starbound with Putin-bucks a couple of years ago, game was a disaster then. Played for about an hour or so today, they've added a bunch of stuff including quests and some content but I couldn't bother to get past the first planet where you apparently have to dig to the core to find stones to power a gate. In some ways the additional layer of content above what Terraria has makes the game more tedious.
That first planet "tutorial," is awful for exactly what you mentioned. After that it opens up, into mining and building, oh and at some point you get to the first boss with terrible platformer gameplay.

That's assuming they haven't changed that finally, which with the speed of Starbound updates I doubt.

Just a reminder if you're on Windows 7/8, the free Windows 10 upgrade offer expires on Friday. I upgraded from 8 last year and it's been fine except for the stigmata
Everybody on Windows 8 should abandon that Metro-UI abomination and should've already moved to Windows 10 last year when they put it on there. W10 is so much better than W8, I don't know where to begin.

For those with Win7 - well, I think it's a little bit more complicated. Both W7 and W10 are great Windows OS's.

EDIT:

For me, I'm going to move my Win 7 gaming PC (main gaming rig) over finally to W10, in the next few days before this offer dies out.

With W10 gaming exclusives, W10 Store offers (they've had some decent ones before for games + music; especially during Winter Sales); Direct X12; and still feeling I can get some good life out of my current PC hardware and still have possible upgrade room here (i.e. a motherboard + CPU upgrade could go a long way, if need be at some point) - yep, W10 it is and will be for me.

I've already got W10 on my gaming laptop (and had it on my old non-gaming laptop) - and I really like it.

I bought a Windows 8 Pro upgrade pack and used the key to upgrade to 10 via digital entitlement.

Then I yanked the hard drive and installed 7 Pro on my system. But at least I have a copy of 10 now. :p

I bought a Windows 8 Pro upgrade pack and used the key to upgrade to 10 via digital entitlement.

Then I yanked the hard drive and installed 7 Pro on my system. But at least I have a copy of 10 now. :p
So, which Windows OS do you feel has the best soundtrack...?

And sorry I just don't get Reddit. The first message shouldn't be at the bottom.

I still can't quite figure out their damned PM system either. For the longest time I didn't even know it existed. I doesn't do something sensible like CAGs does like, you know, email you when you get a message.

Then once I knew it was there I just ignored it because it shows me what every god damned idiot who ever replied to something I posted said which is probably something salty because I hate that place and I just really DFAG. I come here for the conversation, as messed up and often annoyingly boring hardware oriented as the case may be, but there I go sometimes for info and sometimes to just drive by snipe with a snarky comment and leave. Really don't want to converse with those people.

Oh and I did find a tab for just the private messages and there's some guy a year ago that was pissed off at me saying I wasn't replying to him and didn't take my gift of flair (Rick Flair?) etc etc. Except I can't find any trace of the other messages he's talking about at all.

I know the Reddit messages shows you a number next to the envelope with the amount of messages you have on the Reddit pages but it's in the thousands so it apparently includes all the crap replies to my crap replies that IDGAF about so I just ignore them.

TL;DR - Reddit sux

And sorry I just don't get Reddit. The first message shouldn't be at the bottom.

I still can't quite figure out their damned PM system either. For the longest time I didn't even know it existed. I doesn't do something sensible like CAGs does like, you know, email you when you get a message.

Then once I knew it was there I just ignored it because it shows me what every god damned idiot who ever replied to something I posted said which is probably something salty because I hate that place and I just really DFAG. I come here for the conversation, as messed up and often annoyingly boring hardware oriented as the case may be, but there I go sometimes for info and sometimes to just drive by snipe with a snarky comment and leave. Really don't want to converse with those people.

Oh and I did find a tab for just the private messages and there's some guy a year ago that was pissed off at me saying I wasn't replying to him and didn't take my gift of flair (Rick Flair?) etc etc. Except I can't find any trace of the other messages he's talking about at all.

I know the Reddit messages shows you a number next to the envelope with the amount of messages you have on the Reddit pages but it's in the thousands so it apparently includes all the crap replies to my crap replies that IDGAF about so I just ignore them.

TL;DR - Reddit sux
you can sort, oldest to newest, top, etc.....

bread's done
Back