Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
using secret handshake with gog:

yW362T2.png

logout, clear cookie, open gog via belarus proxy, login, add to cart & buy

Make sure you don't check "gift this order", or it will cost 1400 RUB.
where the heck did you find a belarus proxy?

What, you don't just have giant lists of proxies to every country that you update six times a day to make sure you're ready for any deals/glitches?

And you call yourself a CAG...

:nottalking:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/433850/

The cheapest I've seen the h1z1's battle royale mode.

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/792012735949090816

But I would just wait for this Playerunknown's battle royale if you aren't a huge on battle royale gametypes like me.

Alpha starts next month for anyone that reply to his twitter tweet before.

Vehicle Added Sedan Added Speedboat Added destructible tires to all wheeled vehicles

I'm hoping we see water combat too then with speedboats being a thing.

edit:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

Left 4 Dead 2 is finally on sale for $3.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the Vive today at Corsair HQ. Pretty neat, the tracking is smoother and more accurate than I expected. I about shit my pants on this dark cave level in Serious Sam VR though. Too scary for me, but I've always been a weenie when it comes to "3D" stuff. Honestly, I enjoyed the motion controls more than the VR element.

pnwned up flatout 2 skills on spoder and dfg tonight.  Where were all the bros?  What, you got lives and important stuff on a friday?  inconceivable.

Great Pumpkin Halloween Sale going on at both WinGameStore + MacGameStore.

WinGameStore - http://www.wingamestore.com/

MacGameStore -http://www.macgamestore.com/

Not sure if they still work for promo codes...

But don't forget macgames5off, if you're buying from MacGameStore.

Also, pcgames5off, if you're buying from WinGameStore.

EDIT:

If you somehow ain't got Borderlands 2: Complete w/ a lot of the DLC's (this pack here includes some of the major DLC stuff not in GOTY Ed - such as UHV2 + Headhunter packs)...

then MacGameStore has BL2: Complete for $12 at 80% off before any vouchers:

http://www.macgamestore.com/product/3544/Borderlands-2-Complete-Edition/

Remember, BL2 is Steamplay supported - so you'll get it on both Windows + Mac, when activating these keys over Steam.

PC Gamer - Skyrim Special Edition's audio is worse than original edition.

So, basically...for the SE, Bethesda compressed the hell out of the original WAV files to XWM format probably to fit the game on disc easier, keep file-size down for downloading, or whatever.
It might not be noticeable too much on speakers, but people using headsets been noticing it big time.
There already is a way to implement the old original game's clear WAV files into SE, listed in this article.

DARK is 80%. I know it has horrible reviews but I'm still interested. I enjoy hardcore stealth games even when they have middling reviews, like Styx has.

DARK is 80%. I know it has horrible reviews but I'm still interested. I enjoy hardcore stealth games even when they have middling reviews, like Styx has.
The art-direction, atmosphere, music + Doug Cockle (Eric Bane's voice-actor who is Geralt's voice in Witcher games) are the best things about this game.

The game's brutal difficulty (no matter what difficulty you pick); the "meh" execution of story & character; and poor quality of pretty much every other voice-actor (who isn't Doug Cockle) hurt this game.

The save system sucks, too. It's not really explained, but...Easy has Unlimited Saves to use; Normal has 2 saves you can use; and Hard has none. You can regenerate Saves by playing and finding them in the game levels; and running into Auto-saves (which are VERY spaced-out across a level) cost you nothing on your save-count.

My long-review on this game - http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/225360/

EDIT:

DARK has been cheaper at $1.49 on Steam before, BTW:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=dark

*sigh* there's gotta be a better way to say that. i'm not trying to be grammar nazi here, but c'mon!
Are you sure? :eek:P

Anyways, I'll go into grammar mode here.

As you hinted at: phrasing should be "its" with no apostrophe, not "it's" with the apostrophe.

Even then after that fix, it still isn't perfect grammatically; something's still off.

it's = short-form and contraction of the phrase "it is."

its = form of possession.

"GTA has met it's winner" is translated into "GTA 5 has met it is winner" makes NO SENSE grammatically.

Now, "GTA 5 has met its winner" makes a bit more sense, but that's still not perfect either. Still doesn't sound right.

GTA5 doesn't own being a winner here and really doesn't own anything to do with its competitor here.

So, that doesn't work either.

Maybe "GTA5 has met its match" or "GTA5 has met its competition" sounds better.

Dark is 1.99 on bundlestars, gets a bit closer to that all time low MysterD mentioned.

PC Gamer - Skyrim Special Edition's audio is worse than original edition.

So, basically...for the SE, Bethesda compressed the hell out of the original WAV files to XWM format probably to fit the game on disc easier, keep file-size down for downloading, or whatever.
It might not be noticeable too much on speakers, but people using headsets been noticing it big time.
There already is a way to implement the old original game's clear WAV files into SE, listed in this article.
I think it was for console parity. It's cheaper to just ship the same data files for all three versions of the game, rather than keep a high quality version for the PC. I've seen that a few times when I've messed with games - Sanctum of Slime on PS3, PC and 360 uses the same core data files, with a few exceptions.

I think it was for console parity. It's cheaper to just ship the same data files for all three versions of the game, rather than keep a high quality version for the PC. I've seen that a few times when I've messed with games - Sanctum of Slime on PS3, PC and 360 uses the same core data files, with a few exceptions.
PS4 version has high quality audio, which means it was moneyhatted by Sony to ship lower quality for other consoles and PC.

Edit: Golden Touch.

Horseshit. Many games on consoles have much larger install sizes than what Skyrim Special Edition would have required for the uncompressed audio. The install size for Special Edition (11.7 GB) is even smaller than what the original Legendary edition is with the high resolution texture pack installed (13GB). A dual layer Blu-ray can hold 50 GB and both consoles use Blu-ray so there is no excuse.

Last edited:
My ears have already been fried by every bro night game that has the audio set to 1000 and then proceeds to subject me to 20 intro screens before I can turn it down. I doubt I'll notice any difference in audio.

Horseshit. Many games on consoles have much larger install sizes than what Skyrim Special Edition would have required for the uncompressed audio. The install size for Special Edition (11.7 GB) is even smaller than what the original Legendary edition is with the high resolution texture pack installed (13GB). A dual layer Blu-ray can hold 50 GB and both consoles use Blu-ray so there is no excuse.
Here's your excuse: IT'S CHEAPER.

Do you actually think Bethesda spent lots of money making this? Hell no! They cheaped out any way they could and this is a prime example of it.

The game's file size doesn't matter to them, what matters is being able to use the same data files across all three platforms without much changes. Less money spent. More dough for Bethesda.

Here's your excuse: IT'S CHEAPER.

Do you actually think Bethesda spent lots of money making this? Hell no! They cheaped out any way they could and this is a prime example of it.
If they wanted it to be cheaper why bother spending time and therefore money compressing the original audio files.

It would have been cheaper to use the files they already had on hand.

It was literally only about 1 GB difference. They still would have had to press the discs regardless and 13 GB of data would easily fit on a single layer Blu-ray disc which is the cheapest option that they have on those two consoles.

I still call horseshit.

Last edited:
If they wanted it to be cheaper why bother spending time and therefore money compressing the original audio files.

It would have been cheaper to use the files they already had on hand.

I still call horseshit.
If sacrificing audio quality was what they needed to get the console versions to look pretty, then that's what they did. They gave this game to previous PC owners for free, they don't care.

I expect them to release a "high quality audio patch" for PC down the road, once enough people complain about it. Or not, Bethesda won't care.

If sacrificing audio quality was what they needed to get the console versions to look pretty, then that's what they did. They gave this game to previous PC owners for free, they don't care.

I expect them to release a "high quality audio patch" for PC down the road, once enough people complain about it. Or not, Bethesda won't care.
It's not what they needed at all. Are you assuming that they are running the audio through the GPU?

v8ccqht.jpg

Last edited:
What's the consensus on the 480 4GB vs. 8GB?  What good would the 8GB do?  Prices are finally normalizing and I see the 8GB as cheap as $200 with rebates and coupons.  See the 4GB hit $175ish. Friend is looking for a new GPU and wondering if he might as well spend the few extra bucks to double up the memory. 

What's the consensus on the 480 4GB vs. 8GB? What good would the 8GB do? Prices are finally normalizing and I see the 8GB as cheap as $200 with rebates and coupons. See the 4GB hit $175ish. Friend is looking for a new GPU and wondering if he might as well spend the few extra bucks to double up the memory.
He might as well.

^

More and more games are using 4k textures, and that can easily eat up that 4gb. In some games you can even specify the texture size like in elite and have it use 6k/8k textures since they are generated. It provides a great image boost with almost no performance hit, just as long as you got the ram. That way you dont have to think about hitting that 'ultra' setting on texture quality

bread's done
Back