Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The Nonary Games has a page up on steam (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward). To celebrate, I'll give away 3 Frog Climbers keys (for those that missed out on the amazon glitch), and 1 key for Defense Grid 2.

Requirements:

1. Must not be a Walking Dead hater, this includes people that posted recently in the thread. Too late to delete your posts!
2. Be a regular and bitch to me about how entitled you are and how you need to be handed things for free.
3. Quote/reply to this post with which game you want and I'll check whose the most worthy entitled CAG. To prevent too much spam, I'll cut the giveaway off after 10 replies.
I feel like I deserve DFG2 just because I showed up. Or not, whatever, I'll go get my free stuff from the government like a good American should.

(For real, thanks for the giveaway. And TWD is awesome, Shiva was everything I hoped she would be)

The Nonary Games has a page up on steam (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward). To celebrate, I'll give away 3 Frog Climbers keys (for those that missed out on the amazon glitch), and 1 key for Defense Grid 2.

Requirements:

1. Must not be a Walking Dead hater, this includes people that posted recently in the thread. Too late to delete your posts!

2. Be a regular and bitch to me about how entitled you are and how you need to be handed things for free.

3. Quote/reply to this post with which game you want and I'll check whose the most worthy entitled CAG. To prevent too much spam, I'll cut the giveaway off after 10 replies.
i deserve defense grid because

1) I want it

2) pickle14 is a dumb turd

3) I want it and i don't want to pay for it

those are all good reasons

edit: I don't actually want to play defense grid, i just want it because pickle14 asked for it and i think i deserve it because i'm more entitled than he is

Last edited by a moderator:

Requirements:

Frog Climbers :)

I am entitled because I like things for free. So I can be more better than someone else. And be like ha why did you not get this for free. And stuff.

Requirements:

Obviously I can't be expected to keep up on glitches so I didn't get Frog Climbers, which is why you should give me DG2. (Did I do that right?)

Requirements:

You should give me Frog Climbers so I can backlog it because reasons. Reasons include me wanting to expand my ever growing backlog and the fact that you should support my sickness. BE THE ENABLER.

Requirements:

I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring for one copy of Frog Climbers. Am I particularly deserving of winning? Probably not. But you gotta give them to somebody and you've limited yourself to a pool of 10 potential candidates...so why the hell not?

Either way, thanks for the giveaway.

Can I be in the popularity contest?

Hair%20flip_zps6tfcwmzp.gif

Requirements:

What the hell is Frog Climbers?

Requirements:

1. Yes, I like TWD even if this last episode went on a tangent instead of telling me what the hell is happening with RIck and Negan's bromance.

2. Semi-regular or constant reader with little original input. I refuse to act entitled as everyone here deserves a chance.

3. I would appreciate being considered for DG2.

Thank you Spoder for the consideration.

Requirements:

i even watched fear the walking dead although that was getting tired.

I deserve a frog climbers key because mad flatout2 skilz

is this the 10th reply?, pay the man

I had to reinstall window's 10 and that gave me time to see how much I could download within 3 days.

QJH81de.png

538gb 

101 games on Steam

All the current free Uplay games including the division.

Sims 4 and Battlefield 4.

No way anyone is hitting that 1tb, no one should be downloading 101 big games a week or daily.

If this was the 300gb cap Comcast placed in some early testing areas I would complain harder.

This should give a solid idea what to expect for people in the data cap areas.

Obviously if you have bunch of crap to download spend your entire cap at the end of the month regardless since it resets. 

I had to reinstall window's 10 and that gave me time to see how much I could download within 3 days.

QJH81de.png

538gb

101 games on Steam

All the current free Uplay games including the division.

Sims 4 and Battlefield 4.

No way anyone is hitting that 1tb, no one should be downloading 101 big games a week or daily.

If this was the 300gb cap Comcast placed in some early testing areas I would complain harder.

This should give a solid idea what to expect for people in the data cap areas.

Obviously if you have bunch of crap to download spend your entire cap at the end of the month regardless since it resets.

It would be easy to break 1TB with 4k streaming, torrents, game updates, and a high speed connection. It is a monthly cap and you used half of it in 3 days because you had reinstall Windows. Comcast already admitted it isn't about congestion. It is just a way for Comcast to squeeze people who switch from cable to internet everything. I don't like my ISP but at least they aren't Comcast.

It would be easy to break 1tb with 4k streaming, torrents, game updates, and a high speed connection. It a monthly cap and you used half of it in 3 days because you had reinstall windows. Comcast already admitted it isn't about congestion. It is just a way for Comcast to squeeze people who switch from cable to internet everything. I don't like my ISP but at least they aren't Comcast.
When 4k streaming becomes a widely common thing yeah.

I'm not saying I like the Data Cap but it isn't as bad as I thought.

The chances of me using 500gb again in 3 days is rare considering I just had to do this once out of an entire year of me having Window's 10.

I think I can easily deal with 1tb cap

When 4k streaming becomes a widely common thing yeah.

I'm not saying I like the Data Cap but it isn't as bad as I thought.

The chances of me using 500gb again in 3 days is rare considering I just had to do this once out of an entire year of me having Window's 10.

I think I can easily deal with 1tb cap
That is the thing though. Every year you will use more and more data. You can bet your ass Comcast won't be increasing that cap every year. Would love to see the FCC tell them to fuck off but I doubt it will happen.

That is the thing though. Every year you will use more and more data. You can bet your ass Comcast won't be increasing that cap every year. Would love to see the FCC tell them to fuck off but I doubt it will happen.
Yeah, I'm not expecting to increase the cap ever since they already cover themselves by allowing you to pay $10 for additional 50gb or $50 for "Unlimited" which would make our bill $150

Simply isn't worth it, I really wish there was an another internet service here.

Right now Comcast is playing for the long run, the data cap will effect everyone when 4k streaming and 50gb games becomes the new standard.

THQ Nordic bought Novalogic, so expect all of those games to get bundled eventually.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/31/thq-nordic-buys-novalogic-games-delta-force-comanche-more

inb4 Humble Novalogic bundle
I love me some Delta Force! Spent hundreds of hours playing Land Warrior, Blackhawk Down, and Joint Ops. That Novalogic pack taunts me during every sale, bring on the bundle!

Unrelated, i've watched about 15 minutes of the first Walking Dead episode. Think I spent about twice that playing the first Telltale Walking Dead game. At least I have a few hours invested into the Walking Dead Pinball FX2 table, but that probably isn't enough to qualify for spoder's giveaway.

Requirements:

Frog Climbers. I don't know what it is, so it must belong in my library.

Requirements:

Defense Grid 2.raffle.

Requirements:

Too much effort for some game about a Frog which I'll never play.

The Nonary Games has a page up on steam (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward).
I don't know if you caught it down in the description, but they're advertising that 999 is now fully voice acted in English and Japanese. And the higher resolution screenshots look great. I'm legitimately looking forward to playing these when they come out.

Titanfall 2 is not playing nice. Throwing low memory messages, crashing,  fuck ing up my resolution, and now a hard freeze.

I don't know if you caught it down in the description, but they're advertising that 999 is now fully voice acted in English and Japanese. And the higher resolution screenshots look great. I'm legitimately looking forward to playing these when they come out.
Yeah it having voice acting was announced months ago, not sure if it having english VO was though.

The last three were already taken.

Tried two decipher two of them and got so many invalid code attempts I got locked out. Well played Blade. I really think you messed up your code somewhere along the way.
I used Find and Replace, they should all work fine. Asian people have their surname/family name first. They're all really good, like Fallout 5 and Zero Escape: The Notreally Game. Totally not from recent IGs.

P.S.: TWD suxx!!!! ***SPOILERS*** the tiger's name is Shiva not Sheba like some fancy cat food DUH~

It would be easy to break 1TB with 4k streaming, torrents, game updates, and a high speed connection.
It's possible to break it. It's not likely for most users to do so. If you're using over 1TB of data in a month, you're an edge case and likely a pretty far edge case at that.

That may one day change. When it does, someone will get competitive to shift the market again much like Comcast changed from 300GB caps to 1TB when Google started laying fiber.

lol this is a new one from those Nigerian scammers

I am Mrs. Michelle Obama, and I am writing to inform you about your Bank Check Draft brought back by the United Embassy from the government of Benin Republic in the white house Washington DC been mandated to be deliver to your home address once you reconfirm it with the one we have here with us to avoid wrong delivery.

sixty million united states dollars 60,000,000,00usd that was assigned to be delivered to your humble home address by my husband Honorable president Barrack Obama the president of this great country this week by a delivery agent Mr JAMES BOOMBERG

I will like you to reconfirm to me the following details
Your phone number…………..?
Your current home address……?
Your full name…………………?
Occupation...................

The reason I ask you to reconfirm to me this following details is to avoid wrong delivery.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ORIGIN OF YOUR FUND YOU CAN CALL OR TEXT ME HERE +1 (202) 524-2235

Yours Sincerely,
MRS MICHELLE HUSSEIN OBAMA
FIRST_LADY USA
GOD BLESS AMERICA
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, United States

lol this is a new one from those Nigerian scammers
Considering how often CAGs knowingly jump into deals that are too good to be true, you maybe shouldn't actually post the contact info.

On the other hand, sixty million united states dollars 60,000,000,00usd looks suspiciously like a glitch, so i'll just call and give out my info just in case.

Like most things, I know absolutely nothing about SSDs. Is this a decent deal? I might even spring for the 1TB since I'm stupid that way.
The bulk of the deal is the game key. Also, Samsung is more expensive than equivalent devices. They're pretty much the gold standard and you get a nice SSD for your money but you could easily save by getting a non-Samsung without resorting to garbage brands.

The game has 0 issues on PC

I've already got 17hrs (the only annoyance is the game loads in windowed mode, so I have to switch it each time)
Well, I've got about 2 hours played. Updating my 480's drivers now from 16.10.1 to 16.10.3 to see if that helps. Settings>Video>Fullscreen fixed the windowed mode problem for me.

EDIT: Looks like I spoke too soon, it's reverted back to windowed mode. I'll try my luck with launch options.

Requirements:

Too late to qualify for a Frog climbing game? I am dripping with worthiness.

Also, Red Game With a Stupid Name - https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=86a52447a05711e69703af4db6d22cbc

Like most things, I know absolutely nothing about SSDs. Is this a decent deal? I might even spring for the 1TB since I'm stupid that way.
In all honesty, I would avoid SSD external drives. The tech makes it bad for backup purposes. They will lose data if you leave them unpowered on the shelf for long periods of time (months for typical consumer drives).

Owlboy is out. Really interested in it and buzz is strong, but 24.99 MSRP (22.49 w/ launch discount) is a bit OTT. At 14.99 I'd probably have bitten, but yeesh.
If you look at it from the perspective of years of work put into the game per dollar spent, it's a bargain at twice the price. Guaranteed to be almost as good as Duke Nukem Forever!

For some reason I can't get behind playing indie style games on PC/Consoles, especially if they are side scrollers. I hope this game comes out on the 3DS and/or the Vita.

For some reason I can't get behind playing indie style games on PC/Consoles, especially if they are side scrollers. I hope this game comes out on the 3DS and/or the Vita.
I'm the opposite, hate playing most indie shit on handhelds. Would rather wait for it to be dirt cheap in a bundle or use steam wallet. There are very few exceptions for stuff I'd rather play on handhelds. I don't like paying a premium for bundle fodder

bread's done
Back