Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
same here, for now ill just pretend like I threw a 20 in the toilet and hopefully be surprised on jan 1st when a random game shows up in email
I emailed support on GamePump asking about a confirmation and received a reply near instantly. Maybe too quickly, actually.

From the man, himself, apparently:

Hello (withheld to protect the mostly innocent) -

You're all set!

You should have been directly to a confirmation page, but the only email you would have received is the PayPal one. We're working on getting PayPal more fully integrated with our native checkout flow so it's a more consistent user experience.

Thanks for checking in and if you run into any problems in the future don't hesitate to reach out!

beep. boop.

Robert Bowling

I did not add the "beep. boop.", I swear.

GamePump
AndDump

You aren't fooling me Mr. Robert "Call of Doodie" Bowling.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Game Pump scheme subscription is a real shot in the dark. There's a short interview with them at IndieDB.

It's interesting in the sense that it's more of a publishing model than a simple bundle site. But I have to wonder what kind of crap can be dug up that's worth way less than the $5 a month they are asking. And how on earth are they funding anything and charging $20 for 13 games with the yearly model?

Here's a bit about the kind of stuff you can expect from them:

There are really three ways an indie developer can partner with us.

1. Some developers have been around for a long time and own their own original IP from earlier console generations. We'll cover their costs to dedicate the development time to update those games for modern hardware and release on Steam.
  2. We have a large collection of catalogue titles and IP that we've obtained from defunct publishers, acquired publishers, and working with existing publishers who have IP they own and are doing nothing with. We'll partner with an indie studio to help bring that game back out. Sometimes that work is less creative and more technical in nature (emulation, wrappers, rebuilds).
  3. Lastly are the more rare cases of "spiritual successors", these are games that simply can't be re-released for legal reasons. Perhaps the rights are tied up with an entity embroiled in controversy and court battles. Perhaps there are licensed products or music or videos in it which can't be cleared by the copyright holder for re-release. Whatever the reasons, we are able to get original team members and designers to work with our indie partners on creating a new but authentic sequel to that game under the original IP or under a new one.
I suspect most will be from category 2 and 3.

Price error/listing error?

Best Buy on eBay has the FE of the 1080 card for $450. Has a picture of a 1070 card, but 1080 product info. Part number matches a 1080.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322234403067
fuck , no pay after delivery and I don't have enough in my account right now. No way this lasts until I can make a deposit tomorrow.

Best Buy Link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-founders-edition-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-gddr5x-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/5330700.p

Best Buy on eBay has the FE of the 1080 card for $450. Has a picture of a 1070 card, but 1080 product info. Part number matches a 1080.

MPN matches the 1080, but UPC matches the 1070. All of the reviews on the bestbuy page are for the 1070. Seems like they fucked up the listing, my guess is you'll get a 1070 when ordering it but it's worth a shot

BTW a few of them (on ebay) were sold at the same price back in august and september, so I assume the ones that were sold were the 1070, but they changed the title and description today to match the 1080.

Just put an order in for in store pick up. With some reward certs and the $25 off 250 on my amex it comes to about $370. Thanks.

I don't know exactly how in store pick up works when they do order pick but if they go to pull an item and the description says 1080 I figure it's 50/50 odds.

8mBAB5k.png

It's been leaked.

Ok that is what I thought. I just find it weird that their autumn and winter sale are a month apart and that is why I needed to ask. Thanks!
That's been the case the last couple years. Also, they've been having the same stuff on sale for the same discounts during both events. Which makes the Christmas sale pretty much a non-event unless they decide to bring back some sort of game or contest.

My favorite part is the "Up to 8 friends on the couch" and here I am thinking "man, why is it only dudes genitals".
Because unless you have the largest most pronounced clitoris in the world it would be very hard to compete at jousting with a vagina.

Unless you live in some kind of hentai world it ain't happening.

Last edited:
Did they bring out the 1080 to start with or did you have to raise a fuss?
They brought the 1070 and I said that I think it's supposed to be a 1080. He looked at my order on their system and went to the back to talk to his manager. Apparently nvidia gave them the wrong UPC and the manager came up to override it for me. No fuss needed.

They brought the 1070 and I said that I think it's supposed to be a 1080. He looked at my order on their system and went to the back to talk to his manager. Apparently nvidia gave them the wrong UPC and the manager came up to override it for me. No fuss needed.
Damn that's awesome. The Ebay listing is closed now. I should have ordered one last night. >< Grats on a great deal.

Just got that 1080 for $370 all said and done. They messed up in store returning and changing the price
The salt for myself sleeping is real.
Here is to hoping I can still get one during Black Friday for cheap for my Christmas gift.

Congratulation for getting one so cheap through.

Christ, what an awful day for Steam to be blocking me. I can't do ANYTHING because the server that sends all CSS and javascript refuses to connect to me. The browser just hangs and Steam actually crashes.

Bundle sacrifice opportunity:

Invisible Inc. + Contingency Plan DLC Bundle - 70% off, $7.19

You can probably get a better deal in the Best of Klei bundle (complete your collection). For example, I'm missing the above two plus Don't Starve: Shipwrecked and my price is $7.81.
fucks made Don't starve MEGA pack more expensive (dropped -33% discount to 25%) while I was buying. Would've saved few cents.

Sacrifce done and cards idled just in case.

xEg5PbM.png

Damn that's awesome. The Ebay listing is closed now. I should have ordered one last night. >< Grats on a great deal.
Got mine for $330 out the door. Apparently they had 4 of them this morning at the store where I picked up and they apologized about it and refunded me back about $25 in the return/rebuy.

Deal of the year so far. I had used some reward certs to get that price.

That's been the case the last couple years. Also, they've been having the same stuff on sale for the same discounts during both events. Which makes the Christmas sale pretty much a non-event unless they decide to bring back some sort of game or contest.
Pretty much this. Fall used to suck and Winter was the awesome sale with events and stuff. Now Fall is just the Winter sale without cards. Though wasn't it last year a bunch of devs supposedly didn't know about the fall sale? I thought I remembered one of the in between sales that happened.

bread's done
Back