Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Current BF stash:

• That $1.50 Adventure Time game by WayForward (gift from an old buddy... who coincidentally asked me if I knew how to make Finn shut the hell up)
  • Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY

Aaaaaand that's it. I've spent more money on movies this time around.

Current BF stash:

• That $1.50 Adventure Time game by WayForward (gift from an old buddy... who coincidentally asked me if I knew how to make Finn shut the hell up)
  • Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY

Aaaaaand that's it. I've spent more money on movies this time around.
See any good movies?

I rented Hell or High Water, which was excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ew, oh my god no. Maybe if it was classic Bioware, but the studio as they are now? They would fucking ruin it.

The only studios I'd trust to make a worthy Vampire the Masquerade sequel would be either Obsidian or CDProjekt RED. They're the only ones who would do it justice both in terms of character/story/storytelling, and gameplay/features.
Mass Effect 2 and KOTOR were pretty good games that I would like to see a Vampire equivalent of. While Bioware has some issues (Mass Effect 3), they know how to sell games and that was one of the reasons why Vamp IP is now dead. Would rather have a new game which I can play and complain about its issues than no game at all and just have 10+ year old game to go back to

Mass Effect 2 and KOTOR were pretty good games that I would like to see a Vampire equivalent of. While Bioware has some issues (Mass Effect 3), they know how to sell games and that was one of the reasons why Vamp IP is now dead. Would rather have a new game which I can play and complain about its issues than no game at all and just have 10+ year old game to go back to
You do know that the majority of the team who did Mass Effect 2 and Knights of the Old Republic are no longer at Bioware, right? The ones currently there are responsible for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and that game was mediocre as hell.

Speaking of selling games, have you not seen how well Witcher 3 did and how much hype Cyberpunk 2077 has? CDProjekt RED would not only create a massively impressive game on a relatively shoestring budget (compared to the likes of EA), but they'd also try and be as faithful to the lore as possible. I don't see the current Bioware ever doing that.

I loved Bioware back in the day. But now they're Bioware in name only and there's no way they'd ever put out something faithful to the Vampire license.

I'm most likely not going to buy anything during this Steam sale. There's nothing I want that I can't wait another month for in the hopes that there are bigger discounts. Not likely, I know, but waiting won't hurt me. I am considering This War of Mine's DLC, but the DLC costs more than the base game right now and that's turning me away. 

eOKQbIc.jpg

@MysterD ; I know you have been having fun with the new monitor.  Any problems or concerns on your part with it being a TN panel?  Thanks in advance

So Humble has had bundles with Nintendo games and Sony games that were redeemable on consoles.  Considering what Microsoft is doing with Windows 10 / XBOX what XBOX games would everyone like to see in a humble bundle?  An example for me would be Gears of War.

I figure for the most part all these discounts will be identical during the winter sale so why not wait and buy my steam stuff then and at the least get extra $0.10 holiday cards. Not like I will have played any of it by then anyway.

I did get DA:I and Hitman though.

See any good movies?

I rented Hell or High Water, which was excellent.
Doctor Strange, Ice Cream Man, a bunch of weird Mexican movies. Tomorrow I'm going to a theater to watch The Arrival, before it gets yanked to make space for Moana. If you guys think you have long-ass game backlogs, you should see my movie ones...

DreadOut is $2.99. I am VERY tempted. It's Silent Hill on steroids and with smartphones!
Meh. Interesting concept and the Indonesian mythos monsters are kind of cool but looks like shit and handles poorly. And a tedious as hell death system where each time you die (hi, crap controls!) you get to spend more and more time running back to the game.

Not completely random but I picked up an AMD HP laptop that best buy had for $169 and I'm shocked and amazed that it's been able to handle the games I've been throwing at it (Skyrim/Bioshock Infinite). I mean sure it's super low graphical settings and I'm not getting a consistent 30FPS but for $170 I'm weirdly impressed. I only got it to watch movies at my work during down time but I'll take it!  :D/ I wonder if it'll help if I slap another 4gb RAM stick in it. 

So husband wants Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog and/or Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. They were part of some Slytherine bundle at some point. I guess I'm stuck at paying $20 each for them? They're certainly not popular games. He played the originals ages ago and wants to revisit.

If you bought CIV VI Delux on Gamesrep, I think you got a 25% off discount on their site.

So if I'm not wrong and you can still use it, Doom must be about $12.75 (including extra 25% off)

Black Friday sent me back to the peasant fields for a while. So many silly large sales on games that came out one or two weeks ago.

Physical media for PC: Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void (Because Gamestop's price is better than Battle.net's), Fallout 4 (because $10 is about what I wanted to pay.), Overwatch.

From the steam sale- nothing thus far. I might pick up Axiom Verge or Ori Definitive edition, but that depends if I think I'll actually play them in the next month.

Okay, so how is everybody's Black Friday Week Hauls coming along here...?
Currently Just:

The Division Gold Edition

TWD Pinball FX2 Table

Pinball FX2 Core Table Pack

Probably going to add ArmA 3 to that, Civ V BNW and maybe Zafehouse (since I missed all the bundles it was in and it's finally under $2). The rest I'll wait til next month to pick up to get some cards out of it. If I trusted the Civ V bundle would stay how it is, I'd probably skip it too. Long Dark I'm still interested in, but already playing a few hours of The Division I can see it's going to be a timesink, plus still got a bunch of other AAA games to play more of/try to finish anyways.

Just curious but DA2 was my first exposure to the series, what was really bad about it?
From a gameplay perspective, it went from a strategic squad type game to an arcade button-smasher complete with waves of bad guys teleporting in. It also went from exploring the entire lands of Fereldan to wandering the same couple repeating maps over and over again.

From a lore perspective, it did a lot of heavy-handed retconning including arbitrarily bringing at least one dead character back to life (depending on how you ended the previous game) without a mention of how/why. Most places where DA2 touches DA:O/A, it feels like the team said "Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if THIS happened instead?" in disregard for what you accomplished or experienced in the first game.

Okay, so how is everybody's Black Friday Week Hauls coming along here...?
SeasonalCAG Black Friday Week Haul:

Hardware:
Acer XZ350CU: 35-inch UltraWide 144Hz VA FreeSync Monitor

(Couldn't let you guys beat me on screen size)

Asus PB328Q: 32-inch AMVA QHD Monitor

(Couldn't pass on the price $44 yup $44 and had to buy 35in because 27in was cutting it next to it)

LG Smart Watch Urbane 2nd Edition

(Wanted a upgrade to my Sony Smartwatch 3 and this one has a speaker so I can make calls from my wrist like it's the future)

Raijintek Morpheus II Core Edition

(Will my massive 980ti shorter and cooler and stop me from buying a gpu I don't need right now)

Three Glitches bought and never got NCIX 1070 $259, BB 1080 $459 and Amazon 1070 $44 yup $44

Edit: Loctek D7L Heavy Duty Desk Mount Stand Monitor Arm (Haha)

Edit 2: Google Pixel Phone (Divorce papers coming next?!)

PC Games -> All Steam versions:
Torch Cave 2 (All the cheap bundle fodder is because of Mad and TheHangOut)
Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness
Madness Cubed
Killbot
Iron Brigade
Condition Zero (saw MyD activity feed for Valve Complete Pack and thought why not)
Deathmatch Classic
Ricochet
Left 4 Dead
Overruled!
Penarium
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Forgot to cancel HB Monthly might get rid of)
ONE PIECE BURNING BLOOD GOLD EDITION (Tom said glitch so instant buy)
Volume
Legend of Grimrock 2
The Secret World
Dungeons 2
Ryse (buy just to get rid of my blue coins so I never have to deal with gamersgate since mx/putingate is dead for me)
Goliath (tried to use mxgate and they charged full price)
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition DLC
Don't Starve - Shipwrecked
Invisible, Inc. Contingency Plan
Invisible, Inc.
Don't Starve
Don't Starve Together
Don't Starve - Reign of Giants

Future Purchases for Cyber Monday aka Trying to Get a Divorce
Google Pixel Phone

(Wifey contract is up on Sprint so will give my Nexus 6p and get her on my Project Fi contract)

Monitor Arm/Mount

(The Monoprice one I have from years ago looks like it will buckle under of the weight of the 32in)

I bought a new phone and then mentioned a new TV to my wife.  She said no.  Then I bought it.  It arrives on Tuesday.

If I stop posting for longer than 24 hours this week, call the police.

My Haul so far.

Steam

- I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

- Civ V DLC (finished up what I needed to complete the game)

Console

-ReCore

-Dragon Quest Heroes

-FF XV Preorder ($30 on Newegg)

Game Haul

-Last of Us Remastered  :ps4: 
-Dragon Quest Builders  :ps4:

-Dragon Quest Heroes  :ps4: 
-Final Fantasy X/X-2  :ps4: 
-Infamous Second Son  :ps4: 
-Bloodbourne  :ps4: 
-Until Dawn :ps4: 

-The Witness  :pc:

-Elite Beat Agents  :ds:
-Picross  :ds:
-Codename STEAM :3ds:  (B2G1 @ Lamestop)

Technically the ladyfriend and I got a new TV, PS4, and Pokemon Sun/Moon but those peaked on best deal well before Black Friday and Best Buy price matched to save a ton of money. Othwerise, I just paired down the Steam wishlist, still couldn't pull the trigger on most of it and left it with just The Witness since I do want to play that ASAP. 

Maybe Christmas will be better?  Hope you all found something worth while. 

Wolfenstein New Order.  Maybe some cheap-o stuff like Guns'n'Zombies.  That's it.  Also getting the Humble Monthly but that's not really a Black Friday deal.

Just saying that it's not as though c.2010-2011 Bioware was perfect either.
Oh no, I totally agree. Mass Effect 2 was basically Bioware's last genuinely good game (2010), it's after that where they started rolling downhill. For me they basically peaked with Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age: Origins (though I still feel Jade Empire is my favorite Bioware game).

I feel like ME2 was a step back from ME1 overall, but I'd still count it as a really good game. But DA2, ME3 and DA:I were all mediocre messes at best.

Steam Haul:

Man Of Prey
Aggression - Reign Over Europe
Disney Mega Pack
Catacomb Explorers
Catacomb Explorers - Collector's Edition Content
Condition Zero
Reset 1-1
Call of Cthulhu
Train Fever
Inexistence
ME, MYSELF & BUNNYLORD CAMPAIGN
Sniper Art of Victory
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
Homeworld Remastered Collection
Madness Cubed
Killbot
See No Evil
House of Caravan

Other non-Haul:

Wasn't able to buy SSD :(

Wasn't the most exciting Black Friday gamewise, but managed to get everything I wanted:

BestBuy - Battlefield 1

GMG - Mafia III Deluxe and Black Death

Amazon - Steam Controller + Link

Non-gaming I managed to get a cheap ladder, some laptop/controller stands for my music stuff, and way more graphic novels than i should have from Comixology, but I've been getting back into comics lately so that was my main spending this BF. 

@MysterD ; I know you have been having fun with the new monitor. Any problems or concerns on your part with it being a TN panel? Thanks in advance
Nope.

Response time is ultra-fast at 1ms. So nothing weird here for issues like ghosting, input lag, or anything here on this baby.

Keep in mind, I've never had a IPS monitor - so, I guess I can't first-hand actually speak on the quality of the picture on a IPS monitor or better panels like PLS might actually bring to the table.

Ain't seen any dead pixels or BLB either.

I've always had TN panels since going w/ flat-screens, pretty much - so....well, ignorance is bliss, I guess.

EDIT:

I'm pretty happy w/ the size of this monitor, the amount of work-space this gives me b/c of the high-res, and being able to run games past 1080p - whether it be at 1440p (with AA and other things cranked to fight the blur) or actual 4K.

I might not be getting 60FPS at 4K on most games (right now, WWE2K16 PC is the only one that can do this - with 50-60FPS with no AA), but I can deal w/ that as long as I get what I feel's a decent framerate for the game (i.e. find a decent stable framerate above 30FPS). For many people, though - they might not be even close to as lenient as I am on that stuff.

Disgaea redefined the strategy RPG genre. It is -the- defining strategy RPG series to play. I did not like Disgaea 5 very much however. I recommend 3 & 4 the most. They are 100hour+ games if you really want to get into the item worlds and item leveling. You'd also never play two of these games back to back. Once you finish one you don't need to play another one for probably a year or two. They are samey and derivative, but each release is also quite exceptional. Each new game in the series also comes with a some gameplay changes, improvements, and new classes. Disgaea is the epitome of an AZN grindfest, but as a much more managable portion.
I appreciate your thought and passion but I prefer FF Tactics: War of the Lions

Oh no, I totally agree. Mass Effect 2 was basically Bioware's last genuinely good game (2010), it's after that where they started rolling downhill. For me they basically peaked with Mass Effect 1 and Dragon Age: Origins (though I still feel Jade Empire is my favorite Bioware game).

I feel like ME2 was a step back from ME1 overall, but I'd still count it as a really good game. But DA2, ME3 and DA:I were all mediocre messes at best.
I'd really love to see Jade Empire 2 some day, TBH.

How much was the controller when you bought it? I see the controller and case bundle for $34.99 right now.
That's how much I paid. Link went down to $20 but the Controller only went down to $35, but the controller/case bundle was the same as the controller alone so that's what I ordered.

bread's done
Back