Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKnAAAAJDRlYmJjMGJkLTg5OWUtNGFmOC1iMDEzLTZhN2EyOGEzNDc2MQ.jpg

*reads description*

The mod does not support controllers.

fuck this shit!
With Steam's new controller-support update for X-Input controllers when running Steam in Big Picture Mode...

...is this really going to be that much of a problem anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:
So emm umm mmmm..., so I saw that wallpaper engine game was in the 6th position on the top selling games on steam by revenue (last week). 

So.... a game which actually costs 3.99€ in the 6th position?? I knew there was a trap behind it and I checked community hub.

Then I discovered the horrors. So many horrors I can't describe with just words...

The Horrors!!!

LzVsQ9i.png

So emm umm mmmm..., so I saw that wallpaper engine game was in the 6th position on the top selling games on steam by revenue (last week).

So.... a game which actually costs 3.99€ in the 6th position?? I knew there was a trap behind it and I checked community hub.

Then I discovered the horrors. So many horrors I can't describe with just words...

The Horrors!!!

LzVsQ9i.png
Your horrors and mine are totally different.

The Horrors!!!

LzVsQ9i.png
Where's the penis

Well, even the base game doesn't support controllers? Expect Steam Controller mapped as KB/Mouse.
I dunno who'd really want to use a controller w/ XCOM series of games anyways. [shrug]

State of Derpcay, not sure - had it for some time, but still ain't played it.

Ain't touched YOSE Edition yet, either.

I just got a PNY XLR8 1070 and want something to buy, but I bought most the good recent stuff on sales around the holidays for console's(just recently got sick of working around my poorly designed MSI , didn't find this article until until the warranty was up http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MSI-GTX-660-670-overvolting-PowerEdition,18013.html , it would sometimes take 20 boot attemps to initialize, last few months specifically). I haven't bought any PC games in a while, has steam toned down their sales in the last few years?

Literally nothing on my wishlist is on sale. I have never seen that before.

You missed the most recent 'major sale' a few weeks ago.  Other than that they only have four to six notable titles on sale per week and then a bunch of trash in weekly sales.

https://xcom.com/news/xcom-2-controller-support-pc

it works for base xcom 2. the mod adds extra features so an xbox or ps4 controller won't work, which is what i have.
While it might override the in-game controller stuff, does the mod also override the brand-new Steam controller settings that you can now fiddle w/?

All of the new controller features are accessible via Big Picture Mode.

I was able to get games w/out native in-game controller support like Xenus 2: White Gold going w/ controller support+configuration via the new Steam-client Big Picture Mode controller settings. It's all under the gear, in Big Picture Mode.

Also, did you maybe try other programs like Controller Companion or Pinnacle to maybe force the controller to work w/ those app's?

I just got a PNY XLR8 1070 and want something to buy, but I bought most the good recent stuff on sales around the holidays for console's(just recently got sick of working around my poorly designed MSI , didn't find this article until until the warranty was up http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MSI-GTX-660-670-overvolting-PowerEdition,18013.html , it would sometimes take 20 boot attemps to initialize, last few months specifically). I haven't bought any PC games in a while, has steam toned down their sales in the last few years?

You should start checking your whishlisted game deals outside steam store, unless you prefer to pay with $$$$ wallet.

While it might override the in-game controller stuff, does the mod also override the brand-new Steam controller settings that you can now fiddle w/?
basically it bugs out. there are new features/option in lw2. i had my controller plugged and i you can't select certain settings with it. like i posted before, the mod specifically states it doesn't support a controller, and any fiddling outside of the game doesn't fix that.

basically it bugs out. there are new features/option in lw2. i had my controller plugged and i you can't select certain settings with it. like i posted before, the mod specifically states it doesn't support a controller, and any fiddling outside of the game doesn't fix that.
Oh, that sucks. :(

I had similar "bug out" issues w/ WWE 2K16 b/c it has actual built-in in-game controller support & had to turn off the extra Steam Big Picture X360 config-support b/c it just wouldn't recognize the two analog sticks.

You should start checking your whishlisted game deals outside steam store, unless you prefer to pay with $$$$ wallet.
I do when I want something immediately. Otherwise I usually have stuff to keep me busy. Hoping Andromeda Deluxe shows up on cdkeys before launch.

Steam Sales ain't like they used to be. They've become the WalMart of digital distribution, to the point they really don't have to compete w/ other services to make $$$ and sales.

If you want great sales, check other 3rd party sites.

Also, keep checking Bundle Sites like HumbleBundle, BundleStars, IndieGala, and others for deals on bundles.

GreenManGaming, Nuuvem, GamesPlanet, and others are also worth a look, as well.

PC Game deals in general seem to be not as good and/or as deeply discounted as they frequently used to be, as well.

Amazon's Digital Video Games section (for PC Game Downloads+Steam keys) just ain't what it used to be, either - especially since AmazonTony left. Meh.

Keep checking ITAD for best sale prices currently + historically:

https://isthereanydeal.com/

XCOM 2 is on sale in the Humble Bundle Monthly as the lead game for $12 (before any coupons/vouchers). We don't know the other titles in this bundle yet, though.

Also, what kind of games are you interested in? What kind of games do you like?

What on Earth is with that? I was looking at the Workshop and it looked like the perfect product in case you ever thought "I want some anime pictures for my wallpaper but don't know about Google Image Search -- what options do I have?"

I guess it's... short animations for your wallpaper? Wasn't that, like, ten years ago?

Couldn't windows 9x do animated wallpapers with the whole "Active Desktop" thing?  So it's more like twenty years ago.

Quick question:

If one had to decide on a 1050ti 4GB for $125 or a 1060 6GB for $225 for best bang for their buck which would be better?

Not a super hardcore gamer but I'd play Overwatch, The Division, Fallout 4, and possibly think about picking up Battlefield 1.

I also have a backlog of weird indie/older titles I've picked up the last 6 years as well but I don't think either cards will have a problem with them. 

1060 6gb -- next question?

Seriously, spend the extra hundred bucks and future proof yourself for a couple years if not more.  The 1050ti might be "okay" now but it won't be now forever.

Quick question:

If one had to decide on a 1050ti 4GB for $125 or a 1060 6GB for $225 for best bang for their buck which would be better?

Not a super hardcore gamer but I'd play Overwatch, The Division, Fallout 4, and possibly think about picking up Battlefield 1.

I also have a backlog of weird indie/older titles I've picked up the last 6 years as well but I don't think either cards will have a problem with them.
Depends.

What res' is your monitor?

If you're at 1080p or below - do you plan to go higher and upgrade to go maybe at 1440p or 4K?

What are you aiming for on your settings?

1080p60FPS?

Or maybe 1200p or 1440p?

And how much of a future do you want out of your card?

Some games are VRAM hungry & have higher settings wanting over 4GB VRAM - i.e. Doom 2016, SoM, Dishonored 2.

How much are you willing to spend here? What's your budget?

Quick question:

Quick question:

go for 1060.. it has better bang for ur buck and can tide you over longer

Also, what kind of games are you interested in? What kind of games do you like?
Really, about 5 years ago I sold the physical copy of my favorite game ever, Star Trek Bridge Commander(the mods!), in hopes Excalibur would come out soon. Yeah, that'll probably release the day after FF Versus XIII comes out :lol:

I'm good for a while, just bought Just Cause 3 a few days ago.

Quick question:

1060 6gb -- next question?

Seriously, spend the extra hundred bucks and future proof yourself for a couple years if not more. The 1050ti might be "okay" now but it won't be now forever.

Jesus Toaster Christ. The 1060. We don't need any other details, this isn't a jump from 1060 to 1080.

go for 1060.. it has better bang for ur buck and can tide you over longer

How does the 1050ti compare to a 960? And how often does Nvidia come out with new cards?

Just curious as to if a 1050ti is comparable to a 960 for about half the price of a 1060, would buying one for $125 be fine and then in a year or two when they come out with the next iteration you buy the 1150ti for the same price and them have a card comparable or better than the 1060?

How does the 1050ti compare to a 960? And how often does Nvidia come out with new cards?

Just curious as to if a 1050ti is comparable to a 960 for about half the price of a 1060, would buying one for $125 be fine and then in a year or two when they come out with the next iteration you buy the 1150ti for the same price and them have a card comparable or better than the 1060?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWasgbvXr0k

About the same benchmarks. But the 1060 benchmarks about 40-60% better.

Of course there's diminishing returns there (paying an extra 80% for a 50% increase in performance) but I think the extra performance now plus the extra life in the card later makes the 1060 6GB a better purchase.

That said, if he couldn't afford the $225, then the 1050Ti for $125 is a hell of a bargain compared to prices last year.

4GB 1050 Ti performs a little bit better than 4GB 960:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWasgbvXr0k

If I had a 2GB 960 or still had a 4GB 960 installed, I'd probably rather be looking at a 6GB 1060 or above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWGevBpHHbI

I have a 970 installed, so...eh, I really ain't looking for much of anything right now, TBH. Most games run quite well at 1080p, 1200p, 1440p, or even 4K in few instances w/ the 970 at Medium or above for 30FPS or better. I usually aim for 40FPS-to-60FPS, as long as it's at somewhere stable within that range and the framerate's not jumping up+down+all over the place, BTW.

We also don't know how much of a jump a 1150 Ti will be over previous 1000 gen cards.

Usually, for Nvidia, it takes a few gen's to get the kind of jumps we just got from say 900 to 1000 series w/ the last numbers having equal footing - i.e. say a 950 vs 1050; 960 vs. 1060; 970 vs. 1070; 980 vs. 1080; etc etc.

EDIT:

Xanchi ninja'd me on the 960 vs. 1050 Ti. 

yea id be willing to bet an 1150(should be a 2050) jump will be fairly minor in comparison from 960->1060 for example. That was a different processor family jump while a 2050 will probably just be a tweaked pascal chip

The actual roadmap is a 20xx refresh in 2017 which is just faster clocks and memory, maybe tweaked pascal cpus. You're not going to get a huge jump in performance until volta is released in 2018

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-volta-gpu-leaked-2017-2018/

Minion Masters giveaway from PC Gamer + Bundle Stars:

http://www.pcgamer.com/grab-a-free-steam-key-for-minion-masters/

Minion Masters -> Steam key:

G2K2Y-T5MEG-TI3VB
Deal/give away is still live. PCgamer is one of the last vestiges of the old physical gaming magazines. I'm more than happy to support them with a real email address. (filters aside).

Just register through the link and they'll give you a unique key. Live as of 1/22/2017, 745 PM PST

EDIT - holy crap didn't know the banner on my link is spammed out? Haven't been around in years and the referral did that, ugh.

Well boys...got my new monitor figured out today...

DEF worth it (only if you have a good GPU tho)

27inches of 1440p gloriousness.  Really hope next gen cards can really push 4k

Depends.

What res' is your monitor?

If you're at 1080p or below - do you plan to go higher and upgrade to go maybe at 1440p or 4K?

What are you aiming for on your settings?

1080p60FPS?

Or maybe 1200p or 1440p?

And how much of a future do you want out of your card?

Some games are VRAM hungry & have higher settings wanting over 4GB VRAM - i.e. Doom 2016, SoM, Dishonored 2.

How much are you willing to spend here? What's your budget?
I have a 1080p monitor and would like to keep it to 60FPS at medium to high settings. I technically have a 4k monitor but that is primarily hooked up to my consoles.

I figured I'd upgrade the card 2-3 years from now when I hopefully get a better job. I'm mostly a console pleb but I finally got some new buddies who are willing to delve into PC gaming with me. I mean other then Mass Effect: Andromeda I'm not sure what other titles I'd be interested in playing on PC as of now so I didn't want to invest to much into it.

I can afford to buy the 1060 but I'm also cheap. The 1050ti makes my build $450ish. Comfortable for me to start and if I can really get into PC Gaming and get used to the keyboard and mouse I can go all out on a build in 2 years.

It seems like the general census is just drop the extra $100 for the 1060 though.

Honestly, if the $100 is an issue, go for the 1050Ti.  You can see benchmarks for popular games at the site I linked earlier.  Here's another showing both 1050Ti and 1060 benchmarks.

You'll be fine for any of the games you mentioned, especially if you're cool with 1080 and Med-High settings.  The 1060 is a better card and I'd go for it if you have the extra cash but don't let a bunch of dorks on the internet take you out of your comfort zone.  The beauty of this generation of cards is that they're making solid performance dirt cheap.  If you need to use the 1050Ti as a stopgap for a year or two, go do that.

BTW, Mass Effect: Andromeda is using the Frostbite 3 engine, same as Battlefield 1, so looking at benchmarks for BF1 will probably put you in the ballpark for that title.

I have a 1080p monitor and would like to keep it to 60FPS at medium to high settings. I technically have a 4k monitor but that is primarily hooked up to my consoles.

I figured I'd upgrade the card 2-3 years from now when I hopefully get a better job. I'm mostly a console pleb but I finally got some new buddies who are willing to delve into PC gaming with me. I mean other then Mass Effect: Andromeda I'm not sure what other titles I'd be interested in playing on PC as of now so I didn't want to invest to much into it.

I can afford to buy the 1060 but I'm also cheap. The 1050ti makes my build $450ish. Comfortable for me to start and if I can really get into PC Gaming and get used to the keyboard and mouse I can go all out on a build in 2 years.

It seems like the general census is just drop the extra $100 for the 1060 though.
What kind of CPU do you have and how much RAM? From what you're saying, I actually think the 1050ti would make the most sense for you right now. No need paying almost as much for the card as you are for your entire system and you might be bottlenecked anyway.

Lot of helpful information on the last page.  I'm actually considering the 1050 Ti now as just a temporary upgrade because I don't want to spend the money.  It would be a pretty big step up from my 770 I imagine. 

Lot of helpful information on the last page. I'm actually considering the 1050 Ti now as just a temporary upgrade because I don't want to spend the money. It would be a pretty big step up from my 770 I imagine.
I doubt it is a big step up from a 770. 770 is kinda old @ 3 generations back but it was a high end card in its day.

What kind of CPU do you have and how much RAM? From what you're saying, I actually think the 1050ti would make the most sense for you right now. No need paying almost as much for the card as you are for your entire system and you might be bottlenecked anyway.
i3-6100 with a single 8GB RAM stick DDR4-2133

bread's done
Back