Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
MysterD will pick up BF1 after it's $6 because the population has collapsed and we're all playing Battlefield: 1812 -- Now with Apache gunships, M-60s and surface-air missiles

Tonight we're supposed to be playing Project Argo. It's free if you go here and add it to your Steam account. I guess it's a squad-based shooter.

Your keys to victory are teamwork, tactics, and skill.
Welp, we're fuck ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
MysterD will pick up BF1 after it's $6 because the population has collapsed and we're all playing Battlefield: 1812 -- Now with Apache gunships, M-60s and surface-air missiles
How come the War of 1812 has never gotten its own game yet? Now I am expecting one to come out.

Pretty sure there has been a game about the War of 1812, it's just that they tend to be tactical strategy games and not FPS games, so you won't get the experience of shooting someone in the face with a matchlock rifle that takes 2 minutes to reload.

Pretty sure there has been a game about the War of 1812, it's just that they tend to be tactical strategy games and not FPS games, so you won't get the experience of shooting someone in the face with a matchlock rifle that takes 2 minutes to reload.
The Battlefield matchlock comes with an ACOG.

Tonight we're supposed to be playing Project Argo. It's free if you go here and add it to your Steam account. I guess it's a squad-based shooter.

Welp, we're fuck ed.
I'd budge if I could get the T-Fall2/BF1 combo pack for $40.

I think I would get some good mileage out of BF1, with its MP and SP. Probably, given how great MP for Conquest + TDM are, I'd get good really mileage out of the MP.

Not sure how true that would be for T-Fall2's MP, since most were mainly playing Attrition when it was on Trial, some time ago - and I did feel like T-Fall 2's MP needed more content; i.e. pretty much my same problems w/ T-Fall 1 MP. I'm sure I'd go through the SP Campaign for that game, of course - especially given how good its supposed to be.

EDIT:

Cool.

But, why the hell is Syberia 1 not on Origin?

Granted, I already own these (Syberia 1+2) from Retail + Steam, of course.

Not sure how true that would be for T-Fall2's MP, since most were mainly playing Attrition when it was on Trial, some time ago - and I did feel like T-Fall 2's MP needed more content; i.e. pretty much my same problems w/ T-Fall 1 MP. I'm sure I'd go through the SP Campaign for that game, of course - especially given how good its supposed to be.
Just an FYI, since the latest patch this has changed a bit. Since now you can make custom mixtape playlists, you find alot more people playing all the modes. My list consists of all teambased+titan modes, so attrition, ctf, bounty, hardpoint. When playing now I find I get a good cycle through of all modes. So Id gather at this point alot of people did the same as me and most are using a custom playlist of some sort, where previously you could be sitting there forever waiting on anything non-attrition. Even their standard mixtape which used to have a fair amount of players dwindled to almost nothing before the update

Now if only COD games would follow

Space Run Galaxy: HWJZH-EAHVY-CB0TK
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3: HXEX9-IG0N2-MLVJ4
RIVE: HTTYY-BI7KZ-PPZBC
Flat Heroes: HCK5X-CZHMJ-8HEIR
Morphblade: HA66Z-PARJ4-YAKDW

I'm sure everyone was worried I hadn't opined on any of the happenings today, but fret not, I was merely out of commission while installing the new keycaps for my mechanical keyboard.  Eldritch said he was really into keyboard modding so this pic is for him:

oRfS6xs.jpg

I installed O-Ring dampeners and they've dampened some of the sound, but not to the level I was expecting.  Someone said they put two o-rings per key and it dampened more, but that would require me ordering more dampeners, pulling all the keys, installing an extra dampener, and then putting them back on and frankly I don't care about the bros ears enough to go through the trouble.  This is the best it'll get. 

$38 for Wildlands Regular or $50 for Deluxe...hmm

I need to stop buying games x.x
Yes, you do.

Wait for a price-drop.

While the GR:WL Open Beta was good - well, it's just not really much of GR game, IMHO. It felt like a mixture of a bunch of games.

Felt like a mixture of Borderlands (4-player Co-Op or team-mate AI allowed); any open-world Ubi game w/ icons + missions everywhere (AC series, Watch Dogs series, Far Cry 2+3+4, ect); Watch Dogs (GTA-like game w/ vehicles + stealth elements); Splinter Cell series (3rd person game with sneaking & stealth elements); and a few GR series elements (can't take many hits or you die + some tactical elements).

GR:WL needs more depth + tactical stuff to be a GR game, IMHO. While the drone usage is a start (b/c you can fly + control drones to survey areas + tag enemy locations & even tag them for Sync Attack), it needs more depth that that. You can't really give the AI much other orders, TBH. It needs the AI to be able to be told where to go, give them in-depth commands, and stuff of that sort like PC versions of the GRAW series had going on.

Ambitious as can be in scope, sure - but it's a jack of all trades and a master of none.

EDIT:

Hopefully, that Open Beta Build is a bit old and they've overhauled quite a bit of it before just releasing this game. The car physics + handling sucked in the Open Beta - handles horrible w/ KB-mouse, but is still a bit better w/ the gamepad. Just...never felt totally right w/ the vehicles, TBH.

Sorry if this has already been discussed in great detail but why in the hell am I getting 16.1MB updates on Steam for dozens of different games? Felt like a coincidence at first, but after 5 or 6 games had the same 16.1MB update I was thinking "this is about 16.1MB of bullshit."

Sorry if this has already been discussed in great detail but why in the hell am I getting 16.1MB updates on Steam for dozens of different games? Felt like a coincidence at first, but after 5 or 6 games had the same 16.1MB update I was thinking "this is about 16.1MB of bullshit."
Dingus Tax?

You let Fox's Mom on your steam account and now you are infected?

Motoki is trying to communicate with you?

Yeah, I got suspicious when Walking Dead Michonne got an update when that game is complete.

Either Microsoft redistributables files or maybe steam beta client related?

The former happened to me with theHunter recently.

Either Microsoft redistributables files or maybe steam beta client related?

The former happened to me with theHunter recently.
Sure, that could've even been that instead.

I'm guessing it had to be something in Steam's Depot (of main important files) got updated, which tons of games use and/or need to work.

If G2A is "flagged", please remove...

I sold $50 worth of keys at G2A. My first auction that passed the 14-day hold, netted $13 (after fees) --- but G2A only released $2.70 into my account. G2A has conveniently ignored my ticket since I've provided screenshots.

Is this normal for them to short their sellers roughly 85%?

EDIT:

Hopefully, that Open Beta Build is a bit old and they've overhauled quite a bit of it before just releasing this game. The car physics + handling sucked in the Open Beta - handles horrible w/ KB-mouse, but is still a bit better w/ the gamepad. Just...never felt totally right w/ the vehicles, TBH.
I've not spent a huge amount of time with cars in the full game but I feel like the car physics and handling have gotten better with each release... The cars are still too immune to damage from the environment to be realistic but consider the map, the lack of vehicles in some locations, it might just be a design choice cause no one wants to get stranded in a game and have to walk for miles to find a new vehicle.

As for driving one with a KB/Mouse I have no idea... That doesn't even rank up there as something I would ever want to try and do.

Driving worked fine in the Far Cry games with M/KB.  The cars in Kyrat intentionally handled poorly (1982 hatchback with bald tires on a dirt mountain road) but if you drove something practical like the ATVs, they handled just fine.  It's not a matter of not being able to make vehicles that control with M/KB, it's that this particular game failed to do so.

If G2A is "flagged", please remove...

I sold $50 worth of keys at G2A. My first auction that passed the 14-day hold, netted $13 (after fees) --- but G2A only released $2.70 into my account. G2A has conveniently ignored my ticket since I've provided screenshots.

Is this normal for them to short their sellers roughly 85%?
Shady website being shady, you don't say?

I've not spent a huge amount of time with cars in the full game but I feel like the car physics and handling have gotten better with each release... The cars are still too immune to damage from the environment to be realistic but consider the map, the lack of vehicles in some locations, it might just be a design choice cause no one wants to get stranded in a game and have to walk for miles to find a new vehicle.

As for driving one with a KB/Mouse I have no idea... That doesn't even rank up their as something I would ever want to try and do.
The car handling is remarkably better than it was in the first beta. I barely touched the open beta, but it was dreadful even with controller in the closed. I've put about 2 hours into the game so far and I'm enjoying it mostly. It's still too early to say how it will be 20 hours in, but I am enjoying even playing by myself and ordering the 3 chumps Im stuck with around. Also, planes handle exceptionally well.

This is a pretty good roundup/list of the beta to release improvements and I've not been able to disagree with any of them yet. https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/08/heres-precisely-how-ghost-recon-wildlands-day-one-update-improved-on-the-beta-build-full-patch-notes/

The most noticeable standout to me is the gunplay. Taking a stronghold down with a sniper rifle and sync shots stealthily is pretty damn cool.

As for driving one with a KB/Mouse I have no idea... That doesn't even rank up their as something I would ever want to try and do.
Except Syntax, because that would be SO REALISTIC!

Last night the bros played Project Argo (Prototype) and prototype it is. It's better than a lot of stuff in EA, but that's not saying much. Eventually I think they are going for a tactical squad shooter, but for now it's just a simple go shoot everyone on the other team first game. Looks nice and the guns are super realistic according to our resident gun expert, Bah. Syntax couldn't contain his satisfaction at that.

We quickly switched to BF1 (with a little SE4 to smooth the transition). At first Bah's shitty computer didn't want to let him play, but he finally kicked it in the right place and it came to life. We did surprisingly well most of the night, worked as a team, I was actually in the upper half of the leader board most games and our squad outright carried our side in a few. Was it a one time fluke? Probably. We also figured out Origin has no screenshot feature with the best solution proposed online being "Load origin through Steam and use Steam's screenshot feature" or do it the MysterD way and have MSI Afterburner take screens for you every second.

Tonight we have scheduled Freestyle Football, a F2P arcade style soccer game which I don't expect very many people to show up for so I assume some BF1 will be in the cards tonight as well.

Project Argo felt like a proof of concept, where the concept was "You'll be able to walk and shoot a gun".  It did in fact allow you to do that.  Anything else was a bit underwhelming.

Amazing what you can accomplish in BF1 when all the green dots are more or less in the same location.

The car handling is remarkably better than it was in the first beta. I barely touched the open beta, but it was dreadful even with controller in the closed. I've put about 2 hours into the game so far and I'm enjoying it mostly. It's still too early to say how it will be 20 hours in, but I am enjoying even playing by myself and ordering the 3 chumps Im stuck with around. Also, planes handle exceptionally well.

This is a pretty good roundup/list of the beta to release improvements and I've not been able to disagree with any of them yet. https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/08/heres-precisely-how-ghost-recon-wildlands-day-one-update-improved-on-the-beta-build-full-patch-notes/

The most noticeable standout to me is the gunplay. Taking a stronghold down with a sniper rifle and sync shots stealthily is pretty damn cool.
I didn't see it listed but I think the teammate AI is also much improved... Now, I don't ask them to do much (sync shots as about it) but I've had them kill a number of Narcos. Hell, I've even had them be all rambo like after we got spotted by them just start shooting at anyone and everyone which I think I posted footage of them not doing anything in combat during the open beta.

Anyhow, solid list you linked there. I cannot disagree with any of them either.

And like you I'm two hours in all while solo but I've enjoyed myself so far... Not sure what the 20 hour mark will be but I know I get more satisfaction from clearing map locations than allot of people. (And this is what I've been doing instead of the story missions.)

My only two complaints...

I crashed the fuck out of a prop plane trying to bank, turn, and land on a short runway (all my fault, controls are not to blame), but my 3 AI squad mates and myself just walked away from a plane crash that should have killed us all. (Granted, I don't think I really want to look at a load screen because of this sort of stupidity but if I should be dead I, well, should be dead.)

The Enemy AI has some missteps in logic. Again I'm not sure I want this to be built another way but if a helicopter lands just over the trees next to the area your protecting I think you should at least act like your paying attention. (Granted, like I said earlier I'm not sure I really want to have to land and walk three miles to maintain the element of surprise so its a minor complaint.)

After Parallacks liked my BF1 post I realize he wasn't there last night because he's travelling so well...coincidence?  Or has Parallacks been holding us back this entire time? 

I do have a bad habit of ignoring those green dots Syntax was talking about.
Last time I unlocked a regular shot gun (not the machine trench guns that come stock with the Assault class) and that's what really opened up my game. I'm shit at aiming (Bah can tell you that from his time spectating me in Project Argo) so I benefit from a good, wide range shottie in close quarters. I just love sniping even though I suck at it. With the new trench gun I can get kills in sprees as long as I can sneak up to the enemies or barge into a building. Staying close to Syntax helps keep my kill count low and we also get bonus points when we take over points.

How dramatic are the pc performance improvements? Will I crack the 60 fps ceiling with a 1080 @ 1440p? I enjoyed the beta gameplay but couldn't deal with the lack of optimization.

How dramatic are the pc performance improvements? Will I crack the 60 fps ceiling with a 1080 @ 1440p? I enjoyed the beta gameplay but couldn't deal with the lack of optimization.
I can't answer that. I'm on a 970 @ 1080 with most everything maxxed aside from shadows and no super scaling. Ive not benchmarked nor had an FPS counter active. I've been extremely pleased with the performance, but obviously Im not aiming for what you are. With that specific hardware/resolution, you need to go check out the steam forum or the Ubi forum for the game and see what people with that are saying. Its absolutely running more stable than the beta at any rate.

Last time I unlocked a regular shot gun (not the machine trench guns that come stock with the Assault class) and that's what really opened up my game. I'm shit at aiming (Bah can tell you that from his time spectating me in Project Argo) so I benefit from a good, wide range shottie in close quarters. I just love sniping even though I suck at it. With the new trench gun I can get kills in sprees as long as I can sneak up to the enemies or barge into a building. Staying close to Syntax helps keep my kill count low and we also get bonus points when we take over points.
the shotguns rule. since i started the shotgun/gas grenade combo im getting close to a 1:1 k/d ratio most maps.

You dont need to aim down the sites with the shotguns. so by throwing the gas you are forcing the enemy to gas mask up and then they cannot aim down sites with their machine guns. It also rules to drop a damn charging horse in one shot if done right.

I can't answer that. I'm on a 970 @ 1080 with most everything maxxed aside from shadows and no super scaling. Ive not benchmarked nor had an FPS counter active. I've been extremely pleased with the performance, but obviously Im not aiming for what you are. With that specific hardware/resolution, you need to go check out the steam forum or the Ubi forum for the game and see what people with that are saying. Its absolutely running more stable than the beta at any rate.
Thanks. The Division runs pretty damn well so I was surprised at how crap the beta ran for this.

Looks cool.  I'll be waiting on reviews though since I got bored with SoM.  I'm hoping the combat is closer to Mad Max's 3-4 man crunchfests than SoM's ridiculous thirty-orc riots.

Looks cool. I'll be waiting on reviews though since I got bored with SoM. I'm hoping the combat is closer to Mad Max's 3-4 man crunchfests than SoM's ridiculous thirty-orc riots.
I got bored with SoM too. I felt it was a bit too....repetitive and well just shallow. The story was not that interesting for what I played either....though I only made it about halfway through the game. I'm passing on the new one until it hits $10 for a GOTY in a year or two.

Bros,

We've reached Fakeybro ZGold Inception!

ZGold promo, top off and get up to 30% free z-gold!  

Top off $100 in ZGold and get $30 free zGold.  Buy Wildlands Gold ($80) and South Park Gold ($72) and use Gamersgate ZGold 15% off to get that down to $130, which you only paid $100 for, so get each game (gold edition) for $50 each.  

Or something similar.  Point is, getting Gold edition for half off at launch or pre-order is pretty fakey.  If that's your thang.  

bread's done
Back