Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

thats some console level math right there

Im still intrigued

Bros,

We've reached Fakeybro ZGold Inception!

ZGold promo, top off and get up to 30% free z-gold!

Top off $100 in ZGold and get $30 free zGold. Buy Wildlands Gold ($80) and South Park Gold ($72) and use Gamersgate ZGold 15% off to get that down to $130, which you only paid $100 for, so get each game (gold edition) for $50 each.

Or something similar. Point is, getting Gold edition for half off at launch or pre-order is pretty fakey. If that's your thang.
Mike-Ehrmantraut-Shakes-His-Head-Breaking-Bad.gif

Except Syntax, because that would be SO REALISTIC!

Last night the bros played Project Argo (Prototype) and prototype it is. It's better than a lot of stuff in EA, but that's not saying much. Eventually I think they are going for a tactical squad shooter, but for now it's just a simple go shoot everyone on the other team first game. Looks nice and the guns are super realistic according to our resident gun expert, Bah. Syntax couldn't contain his satisfaction at that.

We quickly switched to BF1 (with a little SE4 to smooth the transition). At first Bah's shitty computer didn't want to let him play, but he finally kicked it in the right place and it came to life. We did surprisingly well most of the night, worked as a team, I was actually in the upper half of the leader board most games and our squad outright carried our side in a few. Was it a one time fluke? Probably. We also figured out Origin has no screenshot feature with the best solution proposed online being "Load origin through Steam and use Steam's screenshot feature" or do it the MysterD way and have MSI Afterburner take screens for you every second.
I don't use MSI Afterburner for screenies, actually. I use Steam.

The problem w/ adding Origin (or any other as a Non-Steam service, for that matter) is ALL your Origin games wind-up w/ screenies for it. Same goes for UPlay and other services. Annoying.

You could then w/in Steam Library menu right click on the service you added (Origin, in this case); Click Properties; change Properties of the added Origin file w/in Steam Library; and in the top box you go ahead and rename the service itself to the game you're playing (i.e. Battlefield 1).

But, now - you'd have to make a caption stating the game name (lots of copy + pasting, ugh); or you'd have to change the Property name of Origin service to the name of the game you feel like uploading screenies too. Ugh, that's annoying to.

Here's a solution to the above non-sense, but this solution can be a pain too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/1lst5b/how_to_add_origin_required_games_such_as/

In the Origin game-folder (within My Computer/Windows Explorer) - you can make a copy of the client-service's EXE (i.e. Origin.EXE) in that folder and rename the new copy to the name of the game of your choice (i.e. Battlefield 1). Then, add that renamed Origin file (which you just called Battlefield 1) as a Non-Steam game.

Problem is - if say Origin gets an update, then you gotta re-do the above procedure for every Origin game you want to make copied EXE's for! Ugh.

The other problem right now is on Steam, screens you upload of Non-Steam Games are NOT showing-up on the Activity Feed after you actually upload them. Not sure if new Steam "feature" (so they make you want to make sure you buy Steam-versions of games for any games that are also available on other services) or if it's just a new Steam bug.

TL;DR - Trying to add Non-Steam services and/or Non-Steam games to actually get screenies uploaded, named, and shown property really sucks + is a pain in the royal ass on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
For bro night tonight we played some F2P soccer game called Freestyle Football. For an F2P sports title it was surprisingly better than I expected it to be, although controlling a top down soccer game with the keyboard is fucking ridiculous. It wasn't awful though and we had a little fun with it and capped off our probably one time any of us will ever play it with a dominant victory. Syntax was doing his best Arjen Robben impression and kept hogging the ball and not passing it and he had a 4 goal outburst which we still lost 7-4 (vs bots lol). Our victory was vs similarly noobish players who may have been having their own bro night.

Then we went to BF1 and only got to play 1 round as a squad as the game was being a twat in respect to servers. We'd try to join a server and 2 or 3 of us would get in but it would give dumb errors regarding reservations and crap like that to remaining people. The one match we got to play together we continued our recent successes as a well oiled machine and won a well earned victory.

It was a victorious night for the most part, notable by the absence of Parallacks who was unable to regale us with more tales of bears stealing his massive sunflower seed cache that he has stored for the end times.

It was a victorious night for the most part, notable by the absence of Parallacks who was unable to regale us with more tales of bears stealing his massive sunflower seed cache that he has stored for the end times.
Further proof that you liberal elitist city dwellers don't understand what life is like for REAL americans!

Seriously though, fuck bears.

Seriously though, fuck bears.
Buy me a dinner of sunflower seeds first.
Cindybear.jpg

:whistle2:k I'd do her.​

Tonight we're finishing Aliens: Colonial Marines. If you asked me a week ago to list 200 games I might potentially knock off my backlog list in 2017, A:CM would not have been on it.

Is cdkeys the only place to get the Xbox Play Anywhere games at a decent discount? Hoping Horizon 3 would be cheaper by now, it's actually full price there

It has zombies, and that's the only feature Fox really cares about.
You know me too well. I ended up preordering on GG. I read some reviews on Amazon and while some people mentioned some of the same criticisms, overall it still has positive reviews. I figure people paying $60 for the base game might be a little more critical than me paying $30 for the deluxe with the season pass (plus I got like $2.50 back in Blue coins and a shitload of ZSilver, whatever that's good for).

For bro night tonight we played some F2P soccer game called Freestyle Football. For an F2P sports title it was surprisingly better than I expected it to be, although controlling a top down soccer game with the keyboard is fucking ridiculous. It wasn't awful though and we had a little fun with it and capped off our probably one time any of us will ever play it with a dominant victory. Syntax was doing his best Arjen Robben impression and kept hogging the ball and not passing it and he had a 4 goal outburst which we still lost 7-4 (vs bots lol). Our victory was vs similarly noobish players who may have been having their own bro night.

Then we went to BF1 and only got to play 1 round as a squad as the game was being a twat in respect to servers. We'd try to join a server and 2 or 3 of us would get in but it would give dumb errors regarding reservations and crap like that to remaining people. The one match we got to play together we continued our recent successes as a well oiled machine and won a well earned victory.

You didn't miss much when you left. The last game was literally the most boring round of BF1 I've ever played. Not sure why. It was Jimbo and I on a squad, I probably should have opened it up though. Weiler was on the other team. It just felt like I was running from one point to another and all the action was done by the time I got there. I guess it was unbalanced because our side won easily and they seemed to concede 4 points and we conceded 2. C was the only place to fight over, but that was just towards the end. At least at the end I ran into Weiler and we both tried to Gas/Shotgun each other, but the teacher won this time. I'll get him one day.

...and a shitload of ZSilver, whatever that's good for
You save up a crapton of zSilver and get a coupon for Razer products. 6,500 zS is good for a $5 coupon, 26,000 zS is good for a $20 coupon, etc. If you save up enough Bazooka Joe comics, you can buy a mouse pad (78,000 zS) or mouse (195,000 zS) directly.

So it's basically good for nothing.

You save up a crapton of zSilver and get a coupon for Razer products. 6,500 zS is good for a $5 coupon, 26,000 zS is good for a $20 coupon, etc. If you save up enough Bazooka Joe comics, you can buy a mouse pad (78,000 zS) or mouse (195,000 zS) directly.

So it's basically good for nothing.
I saw that if you get 26K you can get a Mouse cord thing. Not sure if they still charge you shipping. Was trying to find a method to their madness, but there is none. I got 2000 silver for signing up, 3000 bonus when I bought SE4, and 4200 bonus for DR4. I was hoping there was like a spend x amount of zgold get x amount of zsilver, but nope.

Steep is having a free weekend over on uPlay. 

Its a really pretty and enjoyable game. It's not something I would say is hardcore. Its a very deep casual game and the best of its kind going right now. They just added Alaska as a region (I havent tried it yet) and there already was a ton of stuff in the first region. Worth a crack if you've been wanting to try it.

bread's done
Back