Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Trying to find NBA Playgrounds on Humble Bundle,

Oh and NBA Playgrounds isn't on HB.
Brain fart moment

me - playgrounds is out, lemme buy it on stea...

brain - it's console only

me - ok... *buys on xbox*

plays some, goes on twitter, "Playgrounds out on Steam!"

funny thing is, i wishlisted it at some point. oh well, probably still buy on steam, since iam fakeybro.

Brain fart moment

me - playgrounds is out, lemme buy it on stea...

brain - it's console only

me - ok... *buys on xbox*

plays some, goes on twitter, "Playgrounds out on Steam!"

funny thing is, i wishlisted it at some point. oh well, probably still buy on steam, since iam fakeybro.
There's no online play right now... I don't think there is even on consoles but it is suppose to be coming soon (and for free).

Vanquish 25% off for Bayonetta owners

But if you buy both games at same time, both games get 25% discount.

QtMxwYa.png

Price glitch might be, who knows

Win Game Store has their own Humble-type PWYW bundle at the moment

http://www.wingamestore.com/pay-what-you-want/

TIER 1: Pay $1.25 minimum for The Silent Age, Soulless: Ray Of Hope and Cognition Game of the Year Edition

TIER 2: Beat the average to also get Evoland, Californium, Out There: Omega Edition, Dead in Bermuda and realMyst: Masterpiece Edition.

Steam keys are offered for every game. Its mostly crap, but realMyst is on the BTA tier. Currently $4.84, its off its historical low by just over a buck ($3.49, also was on Win Game Store). Its overwhelmingly rebundled junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Win Game Store has their own Humble-type PWYW bundle at the moment

http://www.wingamestore.com/pay-what-you-want/

TIER 1: Pay $1.25 minimum for The Silent Age, Soulless: Ray Of Hope and Cognition Game of the Year Edition

TIER 2: Beat the average to also get Evoland, Californium, Out There: Omega Edition, Dead in Bermuda and realMyst: Masterpiece Edition.

Steam keys are offered for every game. Its mostly crap, but realMyst is on the BTA tier. Currently $4.84, its off its historical low by just over a buck ($3.49, also was on Win Game Store). Its overwhelmingly rebundled junk.
RealMyst was in a better Wingamestore anniversary bundle two years ago when a lot better games (at the time, I think they've all been rebundled since). Still waiting for a better deal on it by itself. Also, MysterD posted this before you, loser.

RealMyst was in a better Wingamestore anniversary bundle two years ago when a lot better games (at the time, I think they've all been rebundled since). Still waiting for a better deal on it by itself. Also, MysterD posted this before you, loser.
Yeah, if it was $3 Id prob do it, but there's not one thing in the bundle other than realMyst Id bother with or don't already own.

So I went to bed last night installing a Windows update.  I woke up this morning and turn the pc on and it did its little finishing update routine.  After about 15 minutes the PC shut off.  Turning it right back on it almost immediately shuts off.  If I wait a while, an hour or so, it will turn on and work for 5-10 minutes and then shut off.  Waiting more time it seems to last longer, waiting less, less.

My guess it has nothing to do with the update and it is likely a power supply issue.  Less likely, the motherboard.  Any ideas?

My guess it has nothing to do with the update and it is likely a power supply issue. Less likely, the motherboard. Any ideas?
I'd guess hardware as well but you could eliminate Windows by booting off a Linux stick and seeing it it shuts down the same way.

PSU is my first guess. Any chance the CPU is overheating? Sure the cooling system is working?

So I went to bed last night installing a Windows update. I woke up this morning and turn the pc on and it did its little finishing update routine. After about 15 minutes the PC shut off. Turning it right back on it almost immediately shuts off. If I wait a while, an hour or so, it will turn on and work for 5-10 minutes and then shut off. Waiting more time it seems to last longer, waiting less, less.

My guess it has nothing to do with the update and it is likely a power supply issue. Less likely, the motherboard. Any ideas?
Probably Canadian spyware from Livelock.

No error messages, blue screens or freezes? Just straight off?

Then, yeah, I'd look at PSU first, and Syntax has a good idea about the penguin.

I'd guess hardware as well but you could eliminate Windows by booting off a Linux stick and seeing it it shuts down the same way.

PSU is my first guess. Any chance the CPU is overheating? Sure the cooling system is working?
Good point. I will check for dead fans. I have several noisey ones in there, so I would miss the CPU fan not spinning.

Awesome. Can't wait for Friday. Maybe by then Bah will have found an old trackball and Weiler will be sporting a CueCat.
since this is a console thread now, ill make you all jealous because i used my hacked cuecat to scan the barcodes of all my $70 games into an online database so i can flip them to gamestop.

Every voxel building game we play devolves into half of the group trying to overcome the other half's insistence on digging holes everywhere.
lets be honest, its always fox. its starts by digging a small hole to snipe from ground level and then when we find him he digs like a clam escaping the upcoming clam bake

Hey everyone. Question: I have a 33% off code for the PC game Tyranny I received when I did kickstarter for PoE 2 recently and it expires May 31, 2017 but most likely, 90% chance, I am not going to use it. Where is the best place to post an entry offering the code to someone who wants it? The code must be used on the PARADOX store site and they have Tyranny on sale right now for $30 (digital via STEAM) and that ends today, I think.

Thanks!

So I went to bed last night installing a Windows update. I woke up this morning and turn the pc on and it did its little finishing update routine. After about 15 minutes the PC shut off. Turning it right back on it almost immediately shuts off. If I wait a while, an hour or so, it will turn on and work for 5-10 minutes and then shut off. Waiting more time it seems to last longer, waiting less, less.

If you have enough time before it shuts off try to uninstall the update just to see if that is what caused it.

lets be honest, its always fox. its starts by digging a small hole to snipe from ground level and then when we find him he digs like a clam escaping the upcoming clam bake
You're thinking Blockstorm and don't be mad because my mole skills make it so I can sneak up behind you or snipe from multiple dens across the map.

The CPU fan was stuck.  Thanks Bah.  Syntax.  There wasn't significant dust build up, so I am not sure what the blockage was.   It is spinning now, but I will look for a replacement.  

Now my bios isn't finding my SSD.  It won't boot automatically and gives me a no OS found message.  In the BIOS it doesn't list the SSD attached to the 6g port.  Funny enough, if I use the boot menu, I can still boot windows with the SSD attached to the 6g.  Also if I switch the SSD to a 3g sata port the bios does see it.

I remember MSI having some option in the BIOS with regard to how to handle SSDs, but now I can't find it.

The CPU fan was stuck. Thanks Bah. There wasn't significant dust build up, so I am not sure what the blockage was. It is spinning now, but I will look for a replacement.

Now my bios isn't finding my SSD. It won't boot automatically and gives me a no OS found message. In the BIOS it doesn't list the SSD attached to the 6g port. Funny enough, if I use the boot menu, I can still boot windows with the SSD attached to the 6g. Also if I switch the SSD to a 3g sata port the bios does see it.

I remember MSI having some option in the BIOS with regard to how to handle SSDs, but now I can't find it.
ACHI mode?

Renowned Explorers: International Society is on GOG Connect. Considering it was in a HB bundle not too long ago, most should have it by now.

Doing my daily pilgrimage to https://www.chrono.gg/ I came across their offering for today called Defunct.  Looks pretty fun...has anybody played it?

Edit:  Lowest price is $1 cheaper than this but it may go on the wishlist.

Doing my daily pilgrimage to https://www.chrono.gg/ I came across their offering for today called Defunct. Looks pretty fun...has anybody played it?

Edit: Lowest price is $1 cheaper than this but it may go on the wishlist.
general rule with chrono: If they got it, then it's gonna be free/cheaper/bundled or already has been.

Only exception to this rule is Wings of Vi for reasons.

Defunct was also free on alienware.

All the same, fakey whatever you like to your hearts content. I recommend Vanquish.

Doing my daily pilgrimage to https://www.chrono.gg/ I came across their offering for today called Defunct. Looks pretty fun...has anybody played it?

Edit: Lowest price is $1 cheaper than this but it may go on the wishlist.
It was given away for free on Alienware a couple of months ago and was in an Indie Gala bundle. You could find it even cheaper on some place like G2A (i.e. it's $0.89 there) or via the trade market.

Hey everyone. Question: I have a 33% off code for the PC game Tyranny I received when I did kickstarter for PoE 2 recently and it expires May 31, 2017 but most likely, 90% chance, I am not going to use it. Where is the best place to post an entry offering the code to someone who wants it? The code must be used on the PARADOX store site and they have Tyranny on sale right now for $30 (digital via STEAM) and that ends today, I think.

Thanks!
I'd take a stab at the trash thread here.

BTW, thanks for your post. I probably would have let my code expire unwittingly, but I was able to fakeybro the Overlord Edition for a cool $24.

Hey, it's about a month before the summer sale so I think it's a good time for a nice thread clogging idea!

Post your main wants for this summer sale!

1. Death Road to Canada (almost bought this on Humble today)

2. Seasons After Fall

3. Escape: Sierra Leone

4. March of the Living

5. Post Collapse

6. Butcher

7. Roots of Insanity

8. Stories Untold

9. 96 Mill

10. 2 Dark

Final Station was actually at the top, but after this Tiny Build bundle, I'll likely wait for a rebundle.  Don't expect Outlast II to be very cheap any time soon.  Might bite on PUBG if it goes back on sale at GMG.  Will likely bite on Wildlands on Gamersgate too if it goes on sale.  

Anyone have any other recs for zombie or horror or survival or platformers with foxes or games with foxes overall?  

Hey, it's about a month before the summer sale so I think it's a good time for a nice thread clogging idea!

1. Salt and Sanctuary - I keep waiting for this to be monthlied, may bite if the discount is good enough at SS.

2. Witcher 3 Expansion Pass - Finally will probably get it.

3. Mega Man Legacy - 75% or nah. I expect nah.

4. Planet Coaster - Want it, but discount will decide. May bite at 50, assuredly if 66%.

5. Death Road to Canada - Also on list, seems monthly bound though. Needs really strong discount for me to bite.

6. Dishonored 2 - Kind of waiting on an MSRP drop first.

7. Everspace

8. Sherlock Holmes The Devil's Daughter

9. Rain World

10. God Eater 2 Rage Burst

1. Death Road to Canada (almost bought this on Humble today)
2. Seasons After Fall
3. Escape: Sierra Leone
4. March of the Living
5. Post Collapse
6. Butcher
7. Roots of Insanity
8. Stories Untold
9. 96 Mill
10. 2 Dark

Final Station was actually at the top, but after this Tiny Build bundle, I'll likely wait for a rebundle. Don't expect Outlast II to be very cheap any time soon. Might bite on PUBG if it goes back on sale at GMG. Will likely bite on Wildlands on Gamersgate too if it goes on sale.

Anyone have any other recs for zombie or horror or survival or platformers with foxes or games with foxes overall?
I've learned from Mooby that if you post your wants, they'll never get good sales

1. Weeaboo trash

2. Roguelite trash

3. too-indie-5-you trash

4. that bartending visual novel

5. glitched price trash

6. your mama's sweet ass

7. Wings of Vi

8. Hyperdimension bundle sacrifice

9. Maybe Disgaea for some reason

10. TiTS 2. maybe TiTS 3.

My list:

All the games you fools fakeyed that will now be on sale at acceptable discounts.

Edit- Except wait - there are no good sales anymore.  So ...   fuck

RealMyst was in a better Wingamestore anniversary bundle two years ago when a lot better games (at the time, I think they've all been rebundled since). Still waiting for a better deal on it by itself.
Down to $4.73. Hope it goes lower.

Also, MysterD posted this before you, loser.
Sure did:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322290-humble-megathread-deep-silver-capcom-comics-manga/?p=13712021

IMHO, it's still a better bundle than that Poopees-like crap Humble put together yesterday.

My main wants for the summer sale are PUBG, Rainbow Six Siege, Witcher 3 (preferably with all DLC), Planet Coaster, and Dead by Daylight.

Kotaku - Sources have some big news regarding future of BioWare Montreal + Mass Effect Franchise.

1. BioWare Montreal is getting down-scaled.
2. BioWare Montreal is getting turned into a support studio.
3. BioWare Edmonton is working on their new IP project code-named "Dylan," in which BioWare Montreal will be a support studio on.
4. Some of the BioWare Montreal employees have already been moved to other EA-based offices + studios.
5. Mass Effect franchise is being put on hold, for now.

EDIT:

GameSpot - EA responds to Mass Effect: Andromeda's mixed reaction.

Why wait for PUBG. It won't be on sale or maybe a max of 10%
It was recently $22.50 on GMG so I would at least wait for that.

Kotaku - Sources have some big news regarding future of BioWare Montreal + Mass Effect Franchise.

1. BioWare Montreal is getting down-scaled.
2. BioWare Montreal is getting turned into a support studio.
3. BioWare Edmonton is working on their new IP project code-named "Dylan," in which BioWare Montreal will be a support studio on.
4. Some of the BioWare Montreal employees have already been moved to other EA-based offices + studios.
5. Mass Effect franchise is being put on hold, for now.
Did Andromeda bomb?

bread's done
Back