Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Those of you who have and sell many cards on steam, do you have any advice/recommendations about card-earning apps like Idle Master and auto-selling add-ons like Steam Inventory Helper? Should I use these?
I use both. There's a thing with Idle Master that if you cycle through your games (change it to the next every 1-2 seconds) you can get your card drops relatively quickly. SIH is essential for listing large quantities of cards.

Ok here is a possibly dumb question, do I need to install every game for Idle Master to work properly?

Edit:  Sorry, figured that out myself!  You can safely go back to talking about bro nights and 4k monitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
SIH is essential for listing large quantities of cards.
and Winauth or something to automatically approve sells.

listing more than 2 cards manually is madness. I listed like 43k cards in past 9 days :D

and 10k left to go.

SIH will crash if you try to list too many cards, so that made it a lot slower, as I had to manually start next batches.

So, what was more difficult - Dark Souls 1 PTD or Dark Souls 2?
DS1 PTD is still the hardest overall game in the series, in my opinion (unless you count Bloodborne and it's DLC, which is just brutal at times). DS1 is still also the best. That said, I'm of the opinion that the Soulsborne games are the finest games under creation and they are all worth playing 5 times, at least.

Worthleavingyourfamilyfor/10

Those of you who have and sell many cards on steam, do you have any advice/recommendations about card-earning apps like Idle Master and auto-selling add-ons like Steam Inventory Helper? Should I use these?
I've been using ArchiSteamFarm and Steam Economy Enhancer. I did previously use IM and SIH.

Not my fault that the game felt I was too awesome for your team and wouldn't let me switch. Plus, Bah's just salty that I blindly headshotted him through the fog across the map.

Sweet. Going pro sniper from now on. :D/

Cool to see new people. Someone, at some point, listening to Bah's constant bitching asked "Are you guys actually having any fun?"
That was me. Even when I was having issues getting into the game it was a treat to just let the misery pour from your mics and into my headset.

Looking forward to doing it all over again next Friday.

Didn't own a gaming PC until 2015. I was a console peasant until then.
Glad you saw the light and joined the PC Gaming side of things - but, I wish you were here a bit sooner.

You could've gotten both AW + AN for a $1 from HB w/ DRM-FREE version + Steam keys!

EDIT:

That WinGameStore Anniversary Bundle w/ RealMyst Masterpiece Ed is dropping more + more w/ each day:

http://www.wingamest...-what-you-want/

BTA Down to $4.67.

That's 2 more Metro LL's since yesterday!!!
Great [sarcasm].

BTA is now up at $4.68.

It went up one whole Metro LL, dammit.

EDIT 2:

Ugh, up to $4.74 now on WGS Anniversary Bundle.

Why did you change programs?
Mainly used IM because of jshackles support. After he discontinued updating, I just switched. ASF gets updated fairly often automagically. SIH was giving me occasional issues with Chrome, SEE seems to be problem free for me and does what I need it to. Really they're all fine for the most part.

VG 247 - RUMOR: GameStar (German gaming news site) is reporting info on what will happen when IO Interactive (Hitman dev's) + Square Enix split.

1. The Hitman rights look like they'll go where IO goes.
2. IO's working on Hitman: Season Two and is already at the half-way point.
3. IO's planning Hitman: Season Two for close to 2018 or in 2018.
4. IO had plans for 3 Seasons worth of these Hitman games.

So, I'm guessing if this all is true - whomever buys IO, they might be forking over some big $ for both the IO studio + Hitman IP.
So, this might be a move for big-money publishers like EA, UbiSoft, Activision, Sony, or Microsoft.

We'll see what happens, in due time.

Alan Wake Franchise is now 90% off on Steam and GOG.

Steam:

Alan Wake Franchise (Alan Wake + CE Extras & American Nightmare) = $3.99

Alan Wake [original game] + CE Extra content = $3.49

Alan Wake [original game] = $2.99

Alan Wake Collector's Edition's Extras content only = 99 cents

American Nightmare is full price ($9.99) and not on sale alone on Steam.

GOG:

Alan Wake Franchise (Alan Wake + American Nightmare) = $3.98

Alan Wake's American Nightmare = 99 cents

I'm an ArchiSteamFarmer as well. I don't think it has the glitch thing like IM, but it works well. For card selling i use Winauth to auto authenticate and just list them using Enhanced Steam I believe.

I'm an ArchiSteamFarmer as well. I don't think it has the glitch thing like IM, but it works well. For card selling i use Winauth to auto authenticate and just list them using Enhanced Steam I believe.
You can still force the glitch with ASF. You first have to tell it that you have the 2hr penalty for idling, so it will idle multiple at once. You let them all run for ~10-15 min. Then you just stop/start every few seconds. Just keep track of how many cards it says you have left to idle, once that stops decreasing give it another try or two and then go back to waiting again

Alan Wake Franchise is now 90% off on Steam and GOG.

Steam:
Alan Wake Franchise (Alan Wake + CE Extras & American Nightmare) = $3.99
Alan Wake [original game] + CE Extra content = $3.49
Alan Wake Collector's Edition's Extras content only = 99 cents
American Nightmare is full price ($9.99) and not on sale alone on Steam.

GOG:
Alan Wake Franchise (Alan Wake + American Nightmare) = $3.98
Alan Wake's American Nightmare = 99 cents
Just bought the Franchise bundle on Humble for $3.99 since it's on sale there too.

surprised it took them this long. That VR code has been sitting there dormant for years. Both HL2 and TF2 supported VR ~2 years ago until they pulled the plug and stopped updating it so it wouldnt work on modern headsets

VG 247 - RUMOR: GameStar (German gaming news site) is reporting info on what will happen when IO Interactive (Hitman dev's) + Square Enix split.

1. The Hitman rights look like they'll go where IO goes.
2. IO's working on Hitman: Season Two and is already at the half-way point.
3. IO's planning Hitman: Season Two for close to 2018 or in 2018.
4. IO had plans for 3 Seasons worth of these Hitman games.

So, I'm guessing if this all is true - whomever buys IO, they might be forking over some big $ for both the IO studio + Hitman IP.
So, this might be a move for big-money publishers like EA, UbiSoft, Activision, Sony, or Microsoft.

We'll see what happens, in due time.
If Microsoft was smart, they'd look into buying them and farm them for exclusives which they are so sorely lacking. But they won't.

SCORPIO!!

My monitor saga continues, I'm spoiler-ing it since this is a bit boring to most I'm sure. Still felt like sharing though.

So I bought that Auria 1440p IPS for $150, told myself I wouldn't buy another for dual monitors, then went ahead and did it. Ordered a basic dual monitor stand off Amazon(Vivo v002), put it all together and turned everything on and POP. Tripped the ground fault, okay maybe it's just a weird draw on start up or something. I have a dedicated 20 amp circuit and outlet for my PC and my other things on my desk(my smaller tv, my ps3, my wii u, they all live about 6 inches off to the side) so it seemed unlikely but I've had problems with outlets before for weird things.Tried again and POP, fuck.

At this point I'm being stupid and thinking I have too much draw, so I start unplugging a few things and still no dice. I look at my cable routing and realize the power cable is hugged against my second display port cable. I routed them separately and everything powered on and looked good. Score. Played around a bit with the color settings, which desktop I naturally look towards to make my main, all that fun nerd shit. Go to bed.

Come down the next morning because I need to remote into work, everything is off again. Motherflipper. Finally decide to wise up and get the voltmeter involved and holy crap was that second monitor drawing some serious juice. No wonder it wouldn't stay on, the GFCI was actually doing it's job correctly. Boxed that bitch back up and tried using my old dell u2311 as a second monitor but just couldn't deal.

Luckily Microcenter had one monitor remaining, I returned mine and grabbed it and now I have them both hooked up and it's glorious. I have so much more desk space and am still getting good FPS from my 1080. Really happy with my decision given I spent a total of $396 for both monitors and the stand.

Dungeons 2

GZ9BB-24J2V-K56AZ

They Bleed Pixels

93T4H-6YWLA-30XXY

Huntsman: The Orphanage

VXJVM-HQ905-A3TKA

If it matters to you, Renown Explorers: International Society is on GOG Connect for the next ten days. 

(So, if you did end up picking up the April Humble Monthly, it's one more +1 you can toss on to your GOG account.)

That's some serious DL speed over wireless. I'm plugged in powerline. 75/75 I get anywhere from 9-7MB/'s most days on steam.

Ew wireless desktop
Don't really have a choice. My apartment in NYC doesn't have any ethernet wiring.

That's some serious DL speed over wireless. I'm plugged in powerline. 75/75 I get anywhere from 9-7MB/'s most days on steam.
Yeah those powerlines can be a hit or miss sometimes. I tried one before, but it didn't work at all in my apartment. My brother has one and it works great at his place.

Re: Dark souls series difficulty

I feel like this is really difficult to rank. They're all somewhat difficult the first time you play because you don't know the areas/enemies/bosses, and you're still feeling out what weapons are good/bad (even within the series, some weapons are much stronger in some games than others - ex. the great scythe is pretty good in ds1 but pretty poor in ds3). And whatever game you played first you'll probably have in your mind as being most difficult, since you aren't used to the game or its mechanics at all, so tbh i really have no idea how to rank them. Even if one is easier/harder than the other it probably isn't by a lot, not to mention that this is pretty subjective anyway.

That being said, the dark souls 3 dlc has some of the hardest bosses in the series (I haven't been able to beat sister friede without a summon, and i used summons for 2 of the bosses in the new dlc). But for me Bloodborne was the most difficult. The faster combat didn't really seem to agree with me. Of course, I only played it once, and in my experience with souls games the 2nd time I play it's exponentially easier than the first.

I've never played any monster hunter game, but God eater 2 is really tempting me at $15 on the humble store. I don't know if it will have a better discount soon... Any thoughts?

I must be completely braindead here, but how the hell do you install Steam Economy Enhancer? I don't see a single guide on how to get it going. I open up a new script in TamperMonkey, drag the script into the window and it goes in, says it's activated and working, but literally nothing changes on the market for me. I don't see any of the buttons or anything. I'm using Chrome.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I take that back. I'm seeing the "quick sell" and "instant sell" buttons, but no buttons to sell all cards and whatnot... Or is that just Enhanced Steam doing that?

So I figured I would give some updated thoughts on the two games I've been playing.

NBA Playgrounds

They've already patched the "ugly" out of the game!  The options menu now remembers your volume choices so the music is at a decent level now (or would be if I wasn't tired of it...  So now its off!)  I also turned off the announcers.  They're no where as iconic as Tim Kitzrow (NBA Jam) and they say stupid stuff all the time.  Hell, NBA street's announcer was light years ahead too. Basically, I'm not sure they really add anything.  Especially the one that reminds me of Percy Watson.

One still cannot swap buttons nor can you turn off vibration so thats now officially my new ugly.  The controls feel clunky at times, I don't feel like its me pushing the wrong buttons every time... but that the animations needs to finish before you push the button for the next thing move.  (Also I think steals, pushes, jumping, can not be spammed...  So that might be a be whats going on at times too.

Each shot type has a different timing... but up close to the rim its really hard to know what shot is going to happen... so that timing is a crap shot.  Its far easier to hit 3s and long 2s than most layup.  Dunks as long as the game doesn't slow down, seems to be by designed, are pretty simple to land.  (For skilled characters.)

Each tournament game has an optional challenge that, thankfully, you don't have to win the game to unlock as some of these challenges are not the best course of action for winning the game.  I had a ton of issues with the score 20 points with 2 pointers.  (Dunks don't count, of course.)  Luckily, these only seem to be used to unlock different ball designs. 

I haven't opened allot of card packs yet, you do get a gold pack (with a guaranteed legend, I do believe) after winning each tournament, but the normal packs...  I feel I get too many duplicates.  (Each dup helps level up the character.  Leveling up unlocks "moves" but I've not really see any change.)

One last note:  Its got a horrible long load time and I'm not at all sure why it does...  I cannot think of a reason why it would take so long but if I had to guess I would say its on a timer for online play... but it happens even in solo play.

All in all, I would say its still a positive but a lack of meaningful feedback (on shots), RNG card drops, and some lack of refinement means that there's still room for the game to improve.  (Devs seem to be listening and already have more cards/players coming in a free update.)

Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels

Disclaimer...  I had allot of toys as a kid, and while Hot Wheels was never at the top of my list, the old criss cross crash (picture) track I remember fondly from those days...  Maybe more so than most anything else.  

Anyhow, this expansion (actually both expansions) are expansions done right in a time when DLC is becoming more and more water downed.  Honestly, as I stop and think about it I'm not sure I can think of a better season pass from this "generation" of gaming.  

Its truly amazing.  I never realized how much I wanted to race high above the ground on blue and orange plastic strips till I got to do it.  Its got a good amount of 4th wall breaking humor and doesn't take itself seriously at all.  There's a few iconic Hot Wheels cars and Mattel is completely happy to see their designs repainted.  I saw a pretty sweet Deadpool themed one but I've also seen themed cars adverting alcoholic beverages.

Performance.  I poked around and found my new preset was set for 36 frames... I was rather disappointed by that, obviously, so I unlocked it and put the FPS counter back on.  I run at 72-70 frames per a second.   I really need to go back to the base game and see how it handles city life again but I think I've had two frame drops in the few hours I've played.  That said I've had two crashes to the desktop.

With longer, straighter tracks that feature long sweeping turns (not to mention guardrails) I've found myself favoring cars that are way too fast for their handling as there handling isn't such an issue.  So that makes it all feel like its (almost) a whole new game.

I honestly cannot recommend it enough.

ME: Andromeda patch 1.06 improvement. Significant changes have been made to the facial animation... subtle changes that you can't even tell :whistle2:

https://youtu.be/OzVAClWI4UU?t=1m58s
From Yong's comparisons of Original Version, 1.05, and 1.06 - I think the combo of a few minor improvements of actual movement of arms, the lighting in some scenes, lipstick on Sarah Ryder, and especially the eyeball tracking in those scenes to me look A LOT better as whole altogether w/ what Yong has there for version 1.06.

Well, I rushed through some of the content and got to the last race in the Hot Wheel expansion.  Its, named Goliath, and anyone who plays allot of Horizon this means its a single lap around the bulk of the map.  I thought enough people would enjoy seeing it so here it is:

https://youtu.be/tswhf9NFAQY

Don't have much to talk about here for games for this weekend b/c I'm under the NDA of Secret World Legends

Did anyone else here actually get into the SWL Closed Beta?

Don't have much to talk about here for games for this weekend b/c I'm under the NDA of Secret World Legends.

Did you play the old Secret World? Just to confirm if it's much worse Legends according to what I have read.

Did you play the old Secret World?
Yes. I really liked the old-version of TSW. In the old-version of TSW - the storytelling, voice-acting, questing, graphics quality for its time, open class system - it was all very good. Worth playing for that stuff alone.

The combat in Old-TSW was the biggest hurdle for most, as it plays more like WoW (locked cam where you can click to target and then attack), which could feel weird for those who aimed for a shooter-style character or magic-tossing projectile-based character. Old-TSW's WoW-style combat mode (default mode) felt fine for doing regular melee stuff.

Target Mode (with unlocked-cam + mouse-look) wasn't ideal, mind you - but it felt a lot better for those using that type of gun-based or projectile-tossing character + looking for that type of feel. It was sweet that you could switch on-the-fly b/t the two modes there, though.

Just to confirm if it's much worse Legends according to what I have read.
SWL is under NDA in its current Closed Beta version unfortunately, so...I just won't comment on such matters.

Once the NDA lifts on a certain Beta version and/or the game actually finally releases (June 26th), I'll definitely speak on those versions that don't have such NDA strings attached to it.

Don't have much to talk about here for games for this weekend b/c I'm under the NDA of Secret World Legends.

I liked the base game when I played a free trial well enough but didn't get sucked into it... I also knew myself enough to know I wouldn't get into the game long enough to warrant a purchase.

bread's done
Back