Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Prime Day Haul:

Oculus Rift

Crash Bandicoot

Dragon Quest Builders

Cooking Mama Sweet Shop

Mario and Luigi Dream Team

RIME

Zelda OOT

Ever Oasis

Wild Guns PS4 - Tried to cancel but they said NOPE

World of Final Fantasy - Vita

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 x2

Digimon World - Next order x2

Sleep Mask
I spent too much time dickin' around and only got digimans and World of FF. I did manage to grab a neon switch before the sale started though, so as far I'm concerned, successful prime day is successful*.

*in no way due to amazon's intentions :p

I spent too much time dickin' around and only got digimans and World of FF. I did manage to grab a neon switch before the sale started though, so as far I'm concerned, successful prime day is successful*.

*in no way due to amazon's intentions :p
Im about to say F it and buy the $500 bundle from Gamestop and then a Pro Controller since I have that damn Gamestop credit idk wtf to do with......

Though I hate that they don't sell the base console!

Brodate:

Last night we played Trail of Destructions, a simple, but fun MP game where you are a little ship with two power ups and you battle other ships in an ever changing arena with different modes.  The main game mechanic is that your ship leaves a trail behind it and if you loop your trail around another ship in a full, closed circle you destroy it.  It's actually a fun game and we might have played it a little longer since the bots are pretty good, but my controller died and it's pretty brutal to play with keyboard and mouse.  Then we played some Bloody Good Time which is always fun.  We're only like 1500 stars from unlocking some achievement so we'll get there in a few years.

Tonight is Golf With Friends which has a new level or something.  

Edit:

Also, if anyone is interested, Hello Neighbor demo on GOG:

https://www.gog.com/game/hello_neighbor_demo

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of pure curiosity...

How many people in this thread have dedicated sound cards in their systems? (I guess that would included a USB sound card but if that's what you got say as much.)

No real point to the question other than pure curiosity as I grew up in an age when a sound card was likely the third most important thing in your PC... And now I just use on board sound like most folks do I imagine.
SeasonalCAG Only Pop In For Hardware Talk:

I use the Creative Sound BlasterX G5 it is a usb card because I use to have dedicated sound cards and missed the features and sound. Went with usb over internal because I am trying to have less stuff in my system and this got decent reviews. I am not an audiophile snob but do love buying different headphones to try out (currently AIAIAI TMA-2 are my go to headphones). I like the 7.1 simulated sound and stuff you can do to hear footsteps better in multiplayer games with this usb soundcard.

I got this free from Best Buy with some shenanigans that only TheHangOut brohs know about.

SeasonalCAG Only Pop In For Hardware Talk:

I use the Creative Sound BlasterX G5 it is a usb card because I use to have dedicated sound cards and missed the features and sound. Went with usb over internal because I am trying to have less stuff in my system and this got decent reviews. I am not an audiophile snob but do love buying different headphones to try out (currently AIAIAI TMA-2 are my go to headphones). I like the 7.1 simulated sound and stuff you can do to hear footsteps better in multiplayer games with this usb soundcard.

I got this free from Best Buy with some shenanigans that only TheHangOut brohs know about.
Riported to Best Buy and Playfire for shenanigans.

I'm probably the only guy here who keeps using a dedicated sound card. I just wish I knew why my microphone doesn't work with it anymore.

I had a code for 25% off PUBG that could be used by up to 3 people, good through the 14th.  I shared it with some folks but nobody said they used it or thanked me for it, so it is likely still good.  If someone can live with 2% smaller discount it might still work.  

Out of pure curiosity...

How many people in this thread have dedicated sound cards in their systems? (I guess that would included a USB sound card but if that's what you got say as much.)

No real point to the question other than pure curiosity as I grew up in an age when a sound card was likely the third most important thing in your PC... And now I just use on board sound like most folks do I imagine.
On-board sound.

I stopped getting internal Sound Blaster sound cards from Creative Labs, after the whole Carmack's Reverse thing went down w/ Doom 3. When it was new PC mode and I was getting my new PC built from a local mom + pop style PC shop, they advised to not get a Sound Card + invest more $ into the graphics card. They were right.

I have a Turtle Beach PX22 for headphones/mic combo. Works fine on W7. On Windows 8 + 10, those headphones in particular doesn't work with a regular audio jack w/ RealTek On-Board; no sound come out of it. But, plugging that into a Syba Audio USB Sound Card fixes the issue for W8+10; works fine w/ that Syba USB Sound Card.

Update on the SSD, OCZ is shipping me out a new one and then I can send back the old one.  Nice customer service/warranty, but apparently I just lucked out that my cheapo AMD Radeon R7 SSD is covered under their advanced 4 year warranty.

mc2iW8z.png

For those that got the PUBG twitch items, look like the items are now marketable.
I'm not sure if you can get them on Twitch anymore so they might go up in price over the year.

For those that got the PUBG twitch items, look like the items are now marketable.

I'm not sure if you can get them on Twitch anymore so they might go up in price over the year.
Having purchased pubg yesterday in order to sell off the twitch prime loot, I can confirm that you no longer get any twitch prime loot.

I've always been horrible at redeeming Desura keys and keeping up with devs who decided to use weird ways to distribute steam keys.

So I'm now emailing the Salvation Prophecy dev to ask for a steam key from the Build a Greenlight 1 bundle as I never did redeem that Desura key and so didn't get my Steam key from Desura.

Well I also got peanutbutter underground, I did that Twitch investigation 2 days ago and sadly the promo ended but I still decided to purchase it, now I need to play it for about 40 hours to get my money's worth (I value my price/fun ratio at $0.50/h)

for those of us who are interested in Two World series, Two Worlds II - Call of the Tenebrae is released recently. The reviews were less than favorable

http://store.steampowered.com/app/456220/Two_Worlds_II__Call_of_the_Tenebrae/
So, just you and me are interested in this game series + DLC; all two of us, right? ;)

Anyways - sounds like we should wait for steep discounts and/or maybe some bundles on the Call of Tenebrae DLC + possibly the 2nd upcoming DLC for 2W2.

I probably should actually start-up Pirates of the Flying Fortress sometime this century, too. I did like the old 2W2 base-game quite a bit, as I did think it majorly improved in many ways over the original 2W game.

I still wonder if Vendetta: Raven's Cry will ever got overhauled + get some steep discounts or wind-up in a bundle, too.

LOL

As I'm going through my old poopees purchases I keep finding "Go to Desura to get your Steam key".

Outside of Salvation Prophecy, nothing has been something I think I might someday play and the $0.03 of GabeN bucks isn't worth the minute to try to contact the devs.

I also found a key that was used despite me not using it/giving it away.

sounds like the bears stole your honey
The game is super engrossing. You should get it. Me, Fox, Kyanos and Parallacks lasted til near the end as a squad, but Parallacks died and then we iced his murderer and stole his shit. Then I died right when the rest of us did. But I looked like Bane.

GTA V PC (Rockstar Social Club version / download) with promo code is $25 on Newegg.

Also, a 2K + Square Enix digital sale is going on.

The original Deus Ex GOTY is $1.25, for those missing one of the best games ever made.

I installed Peanutbutter Underground but haven't fired it up yet.  I was busy sulking that my new headset made it within a stone's throw of my house and then Amazon said "Transit problem" and revised the delivery date to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The game is super engrossing. You should get it. Me, Fox, Kyanos and Parallacks lasted til near the end as a squad, but Parallacks died and then we iced his murderer and stole his shit. Then I died right when the rest of us did. But I looked like Bane.
Im going to spoder this game and never buy it. The heat meter on this is firmly pegged at 0 kelvin. Take an elimination game and pad it with 15 mins of boring loot collection. I guess ill have my friday night free pretty soon. :-({|=

Having purchased pubg yesterday in order to sell off the twitch prime loot, I can confirm that you no longer get any twitch prime loot.
I did the same thing, I bought pub claimed the twitch stuff, and immediately sold it for 28 bucks. That is a free pub battlegrounds for me.

bread's done
Back