Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The Dr. Who thing reminds of when Daniel Craig was announced as the next Bond, and there was a huge meltdown because he was blond. Like it really matters what color a spy's hair is.

What confuses me the most is that some people are ok with an alien looking like a human, but not with the alien looking like a woman. That's where you draw the line?
So Jane Bond is cool?

To me, the answer is no. Call me sexist if you like.

EDIT: My point is this: yes, times can change, but Moffat and Chibnall seem to be doing this just because they can, not because there has ever been any great hue-and-cry to change The Master or The Doctor to women. Because it's been mooted so many times since the series's relaunch, many of the actors and actresses on the new series have stated their support for such a notion, but if you polled the fanbase, I doubt you'd find a majority in favor of it, especially the older nerds like me (and rc, apparently). I have a VERY hard time believing changing The Doctor's gender will increase the show's ratings, so I'm not sure I buy the idea that they did it for ratings either. It will obviously have an impact on the relationships with the companions, for good or ill. As I said previously, I'll reserve my judgment about the new series until it comes out, but my gut reaction to the change is not positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
200_s.gif
JfuepMb.gif
142.gif

I can say this for sure, mainstream comics inability to come up with new characters and their ill conceived idea to broaden their market by trying to  change all the characters I grew up with killed my desire to give them any of my money. They played their cards and I played mine, can't do anything else other than not support it to voice my displeasure.

I look at it this way, I've got a lot of hobbies and a very finite amount of time to enjoy them. If a tv show(if I watched tv), movie series, book series, video game, etc no longer engages me I just move along. Regardless of how it turns out for them it always turns out fantastically well for me.

It's the same thing as "How come Hollywood only makes sequels and reboots?" -- because those are safer money than the expense of trying to promote and sell a new product which statistically will likely fail.  Everyone and their dog has heard about the new Doctor now whether you watch the show or not and I'm sure they'll get a swell of new viewers for at least the start of the season out of curiosity or feminist support.  The finite time argument feeds into it.  Someone who is going to see one movie every six months is more likely to pick the "safe bet" of a property they have passing familiarity with than something completely new.  Likewise, it's a lot harder to make a new show and promote it and try to convince people to watch it than it is to work with an existing show.

Ultimately though, science fiction is a game of "What if...?" so even "they're doing it just because they can" seems like good enough reason to try it.

Time Lords changing gender has been mentioned at least as early as the 1990s in some of the non-television Doctor Who stuff.  So it was being floated as an idea before Doctor Who even had its television reboot.  They picked a good actress which honestly is the main thing I care about.

Doctor Who is frequently pretty silly or just plain stupid and a lot of episodes in the last couple of seasons were only saved by Capaldi's acting ability making his Doctor interesting even when the story was not.  Well that, and Nardole.  

They already made The Master into a woman. It was only a matter of time until The Doctor followed suit. This shit ain't surprising to anyone that actually watches the damn show.

p029s72v.jpg

Last edited:
They already made The Master into a woman. It was only a matter of time until The Doctor followed suit. This shit ain't surprising to anyone that actually watches the damn show.
We're actually talking about the new Doctor being a woman in this thread?

They told us years back in countless interviews that the doctor could regenerate into whoever he needs to be at the time even a woman.

Like you said the Master being turned into a woman should had been the biggest give away that they tested and experimented with the idea enough to do it again.

How did this surprised and or shocked so many people?

Now to get this thread back on topic

Firewatch is -55% off right now.
Regular: 19.99
Sale: $8.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/383870/Firewatch/

u7B6pjm.png

The plague claims another victim.

Got to #3 solo, top 10 duos numerous times thanks to my FPS-master friend carrying me. This game is pretty fun.

You missed Anthony Ainley, Peter Pratt, and Geoffrey Beevers, as well as Derek Jacobi, and that hammy, overacting guy (SImm).

Like you said the Master being turned into a woman should had been the biggest give away that they tested and experimented with the idea enough to do it again.

How did this surprised and or shocked so many people?
Um, I watch the damn show. No one here is saying it's a surprise. If you can't be arsed to read the previous posts, the issue is whether it's a good idea not whether it's a profound shock. I've said my piece on the matter, but implying that people who opine on the subject have no knowledge about it because they're expressing opinions is absurd.

are we still actually talking about the fact that the new doctor doesn't have a wiener
Gotta talk 'bout sumthin'...

Like maybe Armello! Tonight we're playing the board game that's really a video game so I don't think they should call it a board game but they do featuring fantasy rabbits and wolves and badgers and probably voles. You got it in the Humble Monthly and you'll never play it otherwise so why not play it with us? Later you can say "Hey, remember when I shot Syntax's badger with my archer voles?" which is something you'll never be able to say about PUBG.

From what I understand, games take an hour or so. You might even want to play a game before hand so you know what you're doing. Or not since God knows ignorance of how to play something has never stopped us before.

No Paypal on this??? fuck
To use paypal one must first load your G2A Wallet. Pay the wallet with the paypal and then use the wallet to purchase the bundle for which you wish to purchase. YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT AND DO NOT AND WOULD NOT AND SHOULD NOT USE PAYPAL TO PAY FOR BUNDLE DIRECTLY! BUT YOU CAN AND WILL AND DO AND WOULD AND SHOULD AND COULD USE PAYPAL TO PAY FOR G2A WALLET RELOAD. 30 G2A Coins will cover this bundle (I believe).

To use paypal one must first load your G2A Wallet. Pay the wallet with the paypal and then use the wallet to purchase the bundle for which you wish to purchase. YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT AND DO NOT AND WOULD NOT AND SHOULD NOT USE PAYPAL TO PAY FOR BUNDLE DIRECTLY! BUT YOU CAN AND WILL AND DO AND WOULD AND SHOULD AND COULD USE PAYPAL TO PAY FOR G2A WALLET RELOAD. 30 G2A Coins will cover this bundle (I believe).
That is some consolebro flipping level of complicated. And: "If you want to use PayPal or Credit Card please Activate G2A Guard"

G2A: So shady.

Aaaaand....transaction failed.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is now seemingly absent from the Steam store. We had our chance! 

...but you can still buy it on Amazon for $1.99. #SecondChances

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is now seemingly absent from the Steam store. We had our chance!

...but you can still buy it on Amazon for $1.99. #SecondChances
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-11-tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-is-being-removed-from-steam

Wish I knew, I just added $20 steam credit to my account too yesterday.

With that being said I'm not sure if the game is being removed from everywhere so you might want to pick up the dlc too.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-revert-pack

That is some consolebro flipping level of complicated. And: "If you want to use PayPal or Credit Card please Activate G2A Guard"

G2A: So shady.

Aaaaand....transaction failed.
So... Any Bros able to help me get a hold of this bundle? I guess preferably Euro-bro, since you should be able to avoid conversion fees. I can send Paypal.

Thanks!

So... Any Bros able to help me get a hold of this bundle? I guess preferably Euro-bro, since you should be able to avoid conversion fees. I can send Paypal.

Thanks!
When I helped Bah out, it was $3.80 after conversion fees. If you can't find any euro bros and I can buy a second bundle, PM me and I will help you out.

The idiot who wrote the ending to ME3 is coming back to Bioware to be its General Manager...

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/07/18/coming-home/

fuck it. I don't like Bioware's newest games anyhow so if Bioware wants to shuffle deck chairs with Casey Hudson at the helm till the iceberg known as EA strikes more power to them.
It's just a shame because Bioware used to be the best company in PC gaming for a decade, from about 1998 to 2010.

Jun 26, 2017 - Telltale Collection - 23,11€

Sam & Max 101: Culture Shock
Sam & Max 102: Situation: Comedy
Sam & Max 103: The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball
Sam & Max 105: Reality 2.0
Sam & Max 106: Bright Side of the Moon
Sam & Max 201: Ice Station Santa
Sam & Max 202: Moai Better Blues
Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead
Sam & Max 204: Chariots of the Dogs
Sam & Max 205: What's New Beelzebub?
Telltale Texas Hold'Em
Jurassic Park: The Game
Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series
Minecraft: Story Mode - Adventure Pass
Strong Bad Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner
Strong Bad Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-Bit Is Enough
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood
Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God

Sacrifice well done!

...but you can still buy it on Amazon for $1.99. #SecondChances
I begrudgingly passed on this the first time around and told myself I'd just emulate the games if I wanted to play them and now you tempt me with this? Do you want me to be $2 poorer?

GOTY Beta just started for consolplebs
And it's pretty glorious even though a bit limited in terms of activities. I just wish there was a small peek into the open world stuff, but so far it's a good sampling.

I ended up double dipping on Destiny 2 (PS4 & PC). I found a reliable trader on Steamgifts willing to help out with an Nvidia D2 code for PC (with the GeForce experience activation part) since I don't own the 1080 or 1080ti. I traded a PUBG key from GMG so it ended up costing ~$22 which made it an easy decision. Just be careful if you go that route and make sure you have Blizzard's mobile authenticator active for added security. After the trade I immediately changed my passwords to both GeForce experience and Blizzard. Obviously just be smart about it.

I know I'll be playing this game a ton during the Fall/Winter, so if anyone wants to add me on either system for group activities feel free to do so: (PSN: Deuterium, Blizzard: Motiv#1992).

I begrudgingly passed on this the first time around and told myself I'd just emulate the games if I wanted to play them and now you tempt me with this? Do you want me to be $2 poorer?
Yes! I did and so should you. Mmm... nostalgia.

Amazon also has the DLC available for $4.99, but I'm going to continue to waffle on that one until it's probably too late.

The idiot who wrote the ending to ME3 is coming back to Bioware to be its General Manager...

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/07/18/coming-home/

fuck it. I don't like Bioware's newest games anyhow so if Bioware wants to shuffle deck chairs with Casey Hudson at the helm till the iceberg known as EA strikes more power to them.
Call me an optimist (which I'm not), but I can only see this as an improvement. Granted, I'm one of those that fails to judge the entire trilogy based on 10 minutes of ending.

Eh, I think there's something wrong with you if you're seriously implying that both The Witcher 3 and The Dark Knight are overrated. Because they're not.
I can't think of a time where I have had a situation as misrepresented as this lol. I was not in any way implying that The Witcher 3 or The Dark Knight are overrated, exactly the opposite in fact. The Witcher 3 is at worst Top 2 all-time for me and I loved The Dark Knight. I was trying to imply that with the amount of hype both have received it is very easy to go in expecting the best ever and even "great" is a let-down. Basically the hype machine has set you up for disliking the item whereas if you had simply never heard of it before you would have liked or even loved it.

bread's done
Back