Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Tremor Bros, the insurance offers are back under Adgate.
WHy do I even bother....

6CTxlMq0TouaA8G5LX3SfQ.png

giphy.gif

Last night, Fox, Bah and I played some Versus Squad.

After an hour and a half of zombie slaughter we decided on a nightcap of Peanutbutter Underwear
God, what an awful night of Peanutbutter Underwear. I remember after the first awful round we told Parallacks it could only get better, BUT WE LIED! Sorry! I thought stealing that car from that team was going to be the start of a classic run, but when I flipped it like a Kevin my heart sunk.

And I mirror your thoughts on Versus Squad. Game needs some work IMO. Being able to set up your own defenses is neat in concept, but in execution it just doesn't feel that great. It's like a tower defense game, but all the good stuff is too expensive and the cheap stuff sucks and you never get enough money to really feel like you can do anything after the first set of defenses. At this point, I agree that the original Nation Red is a better game for what it is. This one needs some work.

Wanted to pull the trigger on the Life is Strange pack for $3.75, but it just has "will be in a Humble Monthly any month now" written all over it. 

Wanted to pull the trigger on the Life is Strange pack for $3.75, but it just has "will be in a Humble Monthly any month now" written all over it.
If you have any intention on actually *playing* LiS (I know, blasphemy), $3.75 is a more than fair price for it. I recommended it at $20 because I enjoyed it that much. Yes, it went a bit 'off the rails' and even worse 'game-y' in the last episode, but everything up to that made even that last bit tolerable.

I'd say if you're debating it at this price, you just want it for the +1 and that means it's okay to keep waiting.

I guess if you felt like Nation Red was too shallow then this is the game for you. If you just want the pure essence of zombie murder then maybe Nation Red is better.
The good news is that VERSUS SQUAD is probably going to get a lot better if history is any indication. I'm not sure if you played Nation Red in its infancy, but the dev worked like a maniac for years making that into a much, much better game than it was initially.

I agree with what you and fox said about where it is now. The defense stuff needs work if it's going to make things more interesting.

I like this dev's work ethic and support of his games. I think he'll make good.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who weren't aware Doom's free weekend only unlocks the first 2 levels of the campaign so...yeah. Thought I would play the whole game for free GUESS NOT

It's definitely good, really liked what I played. Was not happy though when after the second level a screen came up that said 'BUY NOW' or 'EXIT.' Wouldn't have bothered had I known it was just a demo.

For those who weren't aware Doom's free weekend only unlocks the first 2 levels of the campaign so...yeah. Thought I would play the whole game for free GUESS NOT
My wife and I are leaving for the weekend and the grandparents are watching the kids. I was disappointed with missing the Doom weekend, but not anymore! I would have been disappointed downloading for a day only to get two levels!

hey guys, i got about 15 hours in on Mass Effect Andromeda, and it's fine. it's definitely not worse than Dragon Age: Inquisition. i think i like it better, but maybe because i prefer sci-fi over fantasy. i'm not gonna go crazy like Bruc and put a million hours into it, but i'm enjoying what i've played so far.
I had a lot of fun w/ the 10 hour Trial for ME:A, also. But, that namely was b/c of the excellent combat + graphics. This is the best looking ME:A game technically (thanks, Frostbite!) + combat is a blast with the extra jet-pack component. Namely b/c you can't sit in cover forever b/c you will need to jump or jet-pack out with some kind of vertical move, b/c you will get a grenade tosses at you, flanked, or somehow forces out of cover.

ME:A does feel like DA:I (b/c of the huge open-world + that there are side-quests & MMO-type quests all over the place), but in a sci-fi/space/Mass Effect setting.

If anyone's watched YongYea's videos, the early scenes (from version 1.00 to now 1.09) really have come a long way w/ the fixing of some of the cut-scenes. Hopefully, they keep at this + tinker w/ all the scenes they need to.

My biggest complaint w/ ME:A - story + character development. It feels like everything hits the beat it needs to, then moves on....namely, moves on too quickly. It feels like Kotaku's article was right, that they only spent 18 months really building the game b/c they spent too long w/ the technology side of things (trying to get a RPG system going for ME:A + especially w/ most of their time on a failing planet-procedural generator a la No Man's Sky).

BioWare Edmonton's ME:A just really lacks a lot of the depth, personality, charm, and whatnot that make BioWare Edmonton games turn out so great in the first place.

Regardless, if some store would give me a $20 sale - yeah, I'd sink more time into ME:A. Probably a lot more; combat's fantastic.

It's definitely good, really liked what I played. Was not happy though when after the second level a screen came up that said 'BUY NOW' or 'EXIT.' Wouldn't have bothered had I known it was just a demo.
Best $15 GabeN bucks I spent in a while...been playing it since I bought it....5 thumbs up....

Doom has come a long way since me and my cow-orkers were trying to play original Doom deathmatch on our Novell token-ring network....

dont be mysterd cheap and just buy the game if you liked it.
Doom 2016 was worth the $20 that I dropped on it, when it first hit that sale barely a few months after its initial release from GameStop (of all places).

Campaign was amazing + the MP's solid.

One of the best campaigns for an old-school style SP FPS campaign since Quake 2; Half-Life 1+2; & FEAR 1.

Anyone else get a come back coupon from gmg? Used on fallout 4 and life is strange for under $10.
Also you can get free games from heb.
This has nothing to do with anything but my wife just licked a Switch cartridge and they really do taste like shit.
Which kind? Cat dog fish? If human, with corn, nuts, or shoe leather?

Failed that stupid survey because I eat shoes.
Redneck discrimination

OOPS
Look, we all make mistakes, and a little over a month ago (on June 13th, to be exact), we had a hiccup that prevented some folks from logging in and getting their daily coin reward. This caused some coin streaks to break, and people were sad. Then we got sad. It was sad.

We didn't want to be a sadbox though, so we immediately got to work fixing the issue and coming up with a system to make it right for everyone affected. That's why, if you lost your streak on June 13th, we're adding 39 days to whatever your streak was at the time plus 2,000 coins for the trouble. Now we're happyboxes.

If you don't already see the bonus coins and streak change on your account, don't worry, we're rolling this out throughout the day. Enjoy all that extra skrilla! 

OOPS

Look, we all make mistakes, and a little over a month ago (on June 13th, to be exact), we had a hiccup that prevented some folks from logging in and getting their daily coin reward. This caused some coin streaks to break, and people were sad. Then we got sad. It was sad.
We didn't want to be a sadbox though, so we immediately got to work fixing the issue and coming up with a system to make it right for everyone affected. That's why, if you lost your streak on June 13th, we're adding 39 days to whatever your streak was at the time plus 2,000 coins for the trouble. Now we're happyboxes.
If you don't already see the bonus coins and streak change on your account, don't worry, we're rolling this out throughout the day. Enjoy all that extra skrilla!
Looks like I picked the wrong day to remember to login... Now I'm sad.

Wait...

So...

If you didn't log in that day you lost your streak... So they gave you 2000 coins in exchange for the trouble... but also 39 days added to the streak... does that trigger the appropriate streak bonus chests as well?

Doom 2016 was pretty decent. I'm not much of an FPS guy so will get when $5.

Also Denpasoft had an overhaul and I had to re-register and now I can't get my downloads....ah these guys are not up to Mangagamer's standards.

60 gigs at steam's download speed equaled about 2 hours for me...not fun.
For some reason I can't ever get good download speeds from steam. I am lucky if I can even stream videos from their game pages on either the client or website. Every other site works fine. It is almost like Cox throttles my steam usage.

Wait...

So...

If you didn't log in that day you lost your streak... So they gave you 2000 coins in exchange for the trouble... but also 39 days added to the streak... does that trigger the appropriate streak bonus chests as well?
I lost my streak on that day and restarted my streak. I was somewhere around 3,500 coins and I now have 9,679 so I'm assuming it added the streak bonuses too.

Hmmm... I guess they're adding the 2000 coins to make up for maybe missing a game because they were short on coins due to the mistake.

I got the bad ending for Hollow Knight tonight.

About 20 hours so far.  About an hour was me retrying a platforming section (due to what I mention below) and a few hours was me being stubborn constantly retrying endgame bosses I didn't need to do yet.

My biggest complaint is delays in controls because of some animations.  I'm sure there's a technical term for it...  Like if you sit on a bench for too long your character animates nodding off, so it takes an extra second to get off the bench because it has to animate waking up.  Or you don't have control after a doing a special move for a moment, even though the move is "done", because it has to finish an animation cycle.

Other than that, pretty good.

bread's done
Back