Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm intoxicated don't hate me

<3 inmate
No harm no foul. :)

I'm pretty much the same way a few times a year and I suggest doing it if you know you'll play it then and there. Hell, anymore allot of time preorder discounts from various places are better than the first few sales you see.

Anyhow, I doubt I was missed but I did try to make BF1 tonight... The wife, Royals, and Papa John's conspired against me.

New BF1 map felt terrible but I think it was mainly because the people who spent a million hours on it in the Test server were just plowing all the people new to the map.  So that sucked.  We played a couple more games and won one of them by about three points.  Plus, on that game and our last game we made Best Squad of the match.

Battlefield_1_07.21.2017_-_21.17.42.09.DVR.mp4_snapshot_04.57_2017.07.21_22.50.05.png

spofobros.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of weeks ago Warreni sent me a handful of steam summer sale trading cards with the wish that I pass them along to anybody who might be short a card or two from crafting a badge. He doesn't use the mobile authentication, and we'd only recently became friends on steam, so the trade was held up for 15 days. As a result, the trade was only completed last night.

I know that a lot of people have probably moved on, but I have the following cards available (free of charge) for anybody who might need them.

Scouts

City Parking

Minigolf (4 copies)

Beach (2 copies)

Picnic (1 copy)

Boardwalk (3 copies)

Road Trip (3 copies)

Not sure how much of a demand there is for these cards at this point. But I don't wanna clutter up this thread, so PM me if you have a need and we'll work it out there.
Reminder: this is still going on.

Fidget spinners have been around for years though under different names.  When the Fidget Cube Kickstarter went gangbusters, a bunch of people jumped on the "fidget device" trend and someone realized that spinners were cheap and easy and they sort of climbed on board the success train.  They're simple to make and you can 3D print one with some hardware store bearings if you wanted.  As an added bonus, the intellectual property rights to the spinners is murky so basically anyone can make them as opposed to cube knockoffs where the idea is owned by Antsy Labs.

Some people believe that fidget devices can be useful focusing tools for people with ADHD, spectrum disorders or other neurological conditions and some schools are including them in their IEPs (individual plans for special needs students).  They're new enough that there's no research done that isn't largely anecdotal though.  Within a year or so, they managed to go from "Device that could help special needs students" to "Device that a lot of students are using/playing with" to "Device that has become so obnoxious that schools are banning them".  This is why we can't have nice things.

A fidget spinner by itself is a pretty boring device. It's the 'tricks' that people do that make it interesting for some people. From a generation that has all electronic devices, a device that spins around and isn't electronic is new and mesmerizing I guess. It reminds me of the current generation that is amazed by this wacky device called a TV Antenna that they can get "free TV" on.... 

I'm all for achievements even though Steam's system is by far the worst. No value whatsoever to any individual achievement and no real incentive to perfect games aside from the achievement showcase on your profile or achievement rarity. I've played plenty of games with easy achievements just to pad my numbers, but a game with 5,000+ achievements that require no effort at all, I just can't do that. That's too far. That devalues achievements that are already pretty worthless.

Fidget spinners have been around for years though under different names. When the Fidget Cube Kickstarter went gangbusters, a bunch of people jumped on the "fidget device" trend and someone realized that spinners were cheap and easy and they sort of climbed on board the success train.
Jesus... I'm happy if I don't lose my pen everyday let alone something thats more expensive.

A fidget spinner by itself is a pretty boring device. It's the 'tricks' that people do that make it interesting for some people. From a generation that has all electronic devices, a device that spins around and isn't electronic is new and mesmerizing I guess. It reminds me of the current generation that is amazed by this wacky device called a TV Antenna that they can get "free TV" on....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4tfL_oCUPA

I'm intoxicated don't hate me

<3 inmate
By sheer volume there are certainly more crap indie game per year than AAA games. But there are also a greater amount of quality indie titles than there are AAA titles annually. If you lined up the yearly ten 'best' AAA games against the yearly ten best indie games I'd wager the top ten indie games would come out ahead on a consistent basis.

Doom looks fun enough but it's mostly more of the same. And while indie games don't innovate THAT much they usually try to add some twists to preexisting formulas. AAA, for the most part, copy/paste the same stuff into a new/existing IP.

One of our international bros is interested in playing games earlier in the day on weekends (so like Saturdays and Sundays).  Is there any interest in that?  Probably the noon to 6:00 or 7:00 PM time-frame.  

By sheer volume there are certainly more crap indie game per year than AAA games. But there are also a greater amount of quality indie titles than there are AAA titles annually. If you lined up the yearly ten 'best' AAA games against the yearly ten best indie games I'd wager the top ten indie games would come out ahead on a consistent basis.

Doom looks fun enough but it's mostly more of the same. And while indie games don't innovate THAT much they usually try to add some twists to preexisting formulas. AAA, for the most part, copy/paste the same stuff into a new/existing IP.
I dont know what metric you would use to back up such a claim. I'd proffer that even a cursory evaluation of top ten lists throughout the years would consistently show more so-called AAA games than so-called indie games. Use any major site or even metacritic scores and I'd bet you that over 60 and probably closer to 70% of the "top ten" games of the last decade or so would be of the AAA variety. There is always one or two (possibly 3) indie games that take the world by storm, but I'm not sure there was *any* *one* year where indies were a majority of any top ten list.

Or are you suggesting that the next say 4-10 indies are *so* much better than the 7-10 AAAs that the aggregate swings in the indies' favor? I'd still be hard pressed to believe that. Maybe on your personal list, for sure, but not in any publication that I can see.

Can you prove that?

The Doom free weekend campaign finished after about an hour and a half. It only lets you play a demo. I wish they were more upfront about this since I have data cap on my internet and it was a 58GB download.

Been playing Mirror's Edge: Catalyst (PC). Some 2 hours into it or so.

The original Mirror's Edge felt so underrated and it seems like so far again, this can apply to Catalyst. Having fun here using Glass (the game-world) as a jungle gym - running, climbing, vaulting, sliding, kicking, jumping & parkouring anywhere + everything. Enjoying the racing against other players' times and whatnot, in missions + side-quest runs. Collectibles everywhere, when you're not doing missions. Gorgeous-looking game, as you'd expect w/ a Frostbite Engine game.

I don't expect spectacular storytelling + character development from DICE - and I haven't really seen any of that here in Catalyst either, just like in the original. If there's one (minor) complaint I have so far (which is just like the original Mirror's Edge's issue, BTW) - yup, that's the one.

The Doom free weekend campaign finished after about an hour and a half. It only lets you play a demo. I wish they were more upfront about this since I have data cap on my internet and it was a 58GB download.
Actually I don't know what people are complaining about, you can get past the first two levels really easy. You just have to pay $15 and then you can make it all the way through.... AMIRITE!?!?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

One of our international bros is interested in playing games earlier in the day on weekends (so like Saturdays and Sundays). Is there any interest in that? Probably the noon to 6:00 or 7:00 PM time-frame.
I'm open most weekends from noon on unless my wife gets a weekend day off or I stay up too late Friday. It would more so depend on what game they are wanting to play.

They were upfront about it.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/379720/announcements/

"Play the first two levels of the campaign, plus all of multiplayer and SnapMap game modes."

Thats right on the game's store page. It says exactly what is available in the free weekend. I'm not condoning the method as Ive complained plenty about EA doing similarly, if they're going to make a free weekend, it needs to be free entirely, but your complaint is a bit your fault. Its a multiplayer-centric free play.

I'm open most weekends from noon on unless my wife gets a weekend day off or I stay up too late Friday. It would more so depend on what game they are wanting to play.
Basically the same here, depends on game, and depends on whats going on. Its harder to say in advance if availability on Saturday at like 2pm is going to be possible, but if available and want to play the game, definitely. I think bro-events like this are best served impromptu. Its a lot different than a Thursday night.

I dont know what metric you would use to back up such a claim. I'd proffer that even a cursory evaluation of top ten lists throughout the years would consistently show more so-called AAA games than so-called indie games. Use any major site or even metacritic scores and I'd bet you that over 60 and probably closer to 70% of the "top ten" games of the last decade or so would be of the AAA variety. There is always one or two (possibly 3) indie games that take the world by storm, but I'm not sure there was *any* *one* year where indies were a majority of any top ten list.

Or are you suggesting that the next say 4-10 indies are *so* much better than the 7-10 AAAs that the aggregate swings in the indies' favor? I'd still be hard pressed to believe that. Maybe on your personal list, for sure, but not in any publication that I can see.

Can you prove that?
This is really entirely subjective. The top 10 games according to metacritic for 2016 were 1) uncharted 4 2) inside 3) out of the park baseball 2017 4) the witcher 3 5) overwatch 6) forza 3 7) stephen's sausage roll 8) nba 2k17 9) kentucky route 0 act 4 10) axiom verge

so it's pretty much split down the middle if you go with review scores for top games. My guess is there's a slight majority overall for top 10 titles/games with 90+ scores on metacritic the past 3-5 years for aaa games, but that the next tier down (games scored between 80-89) gets dominated by aaa. There are a small number of indie games each year that are really good, but there are just simply more quality aaa games made

Indie, AAA, blah blah blah.  I just know that DOOM was the most fun I've had in a run-and-gun style game in a long time.  Also looked great and was balls out optimized.

AAA games are more of a game budget, dev team size and advertising budget thing. 

Obviously there are going to be FAR more good Indie Games than there are AAA releases... because there are just so many more Indie titles released.  You need no better example for that then to see how quickly the number of titles on Steam glutted after they started making getting on the platform easier. 

Top Ten lists are typically a bad way to compare AAA vs Indie anyways: AAA games are going to typically dominate because thanks to massive ad budgets, significantly more people are going to know about them and have played them. Additionally, lots of websites are going to try to look like they have "indie cred", so you'll see lots of indie games creep into top ten lists... because the media outlet publishing the list wants to make it look like they're still relevant and "in the know", and give people the impression they'd never have unearthed these gems if not for them. So you should totally read. And buy from their advertisers. 

I honestly don't know that either... I feel I live a sheltered life besides coming here. I had never heard the term cisgender till Fox used it the other day too.
I like to think of myself as a fairly liberal guy, but even I have trouble with that one. My sister is very big on LGBTQ issues and she's the one who introduced me to it. Here's what I have a hard time buying about it: these folks are using the terms cis- and trans- in the sense that they are literally references to spatial orientation, which is what these terms mean in organic chemistry. The prefix trans- has been in use in English for some time to refer to something "on the other side," but this use of cis- just strikes me as odd.

I just wish people in general would keep their business to themselves. I couldn't care less if someone humps men or women or tribbles. Its so boring when someones sexuality or gender identification is what they need to pin their public persona on.

I don't care about LGBT lingo.  I'm not saying anything wrong, referring to things incorrectly or improperly, nor am I being ignorant.  I just want to live my life without being told how to act or behave.  It's your own fault if you choose to get offended at things.  The world does not change to accommodate YOU. 

That's the biggest problem with America today is that everyone is so easily offended.

I just wish people in general would keep their business to themselves. I couldn't care less if someone humps men or women or tribbles. Its so boring when someones sexuality or gender identification is what they need to pin their public persona on.
I don't care about LGBT lingo. I'm not saying anything wrong, referring to things incorrectly or improperly, nor am I being ignorant. I just want to live my life without being told how to act or behave. It's your own fault if you choose to get offended at things. The world does not change to accommodate YOU.

That's the biggest problem with America today is that everyone is so easily offended.
On some level, I probably knew I was opening a can of worms with my remarks, but, uh, where the hell did you get any of that from what I said? I don't remember anyone being "in your face" or offended by anything, but, okay, then.

Im not offended by what you said by any means. Where I work we have a call center and there is a constant problem with employees in the under 25 range who cannot stop discussing whether they are pansexual, trans, two-spirit, all this other stuff that I dont even know what it means. Its just so disappointing they lack substance to the point its the only thing about them they feel is worth sharing, especially at work.

Hmm. I've not seen this much edge since the last Gun and Knife show at the local flea market. 

So, any new Doom or Peanut Butter Underground anecdotes? Or Pizza stories? VRAMs?

I folded and bought PUBG with the money steambux that I got from selling the prime crate from PUBG. Got 4th in my 5th game. Haven't and will probably never do as well again. I'm not normally a big multiplayer only game guy but for the price of technically free I like it a lot.

Update: #2 tonight thanks to hiding in a closet and getting a kill on an unsuspecting #3.

Another set of headphones that are pretty cheap.  Philips SHP9500S, supposed to be extremely accurate neutral headphones for that price range. Very open, so you do have to keep leaking sound in mind, will it bother others, etc.  You can use them with the V-Moda Boom Pro mic to basically create a gaming headset if you wish and have a better quality sound than you would get spending the same amount on an actual headset.   Supposed to be very comfortable to wear for long periods of time but with absorbent pads that would eventually get gross from sweat/oil and there are no official replacement pads.  But Brainwavz HM5 replacement pads will work on them apparently.   Anyway they are $49.99 for the next 24 hours or so at Newegg.  Not an insane deal, they are normally in the $55-75 dollar range.   Supposedly they are discontinued now but who knows.  

Headphones.

Hmm. I've not seen this much edge since the last Gun and Knife show at the local flea market.

So, any new Doom or Peanut Butter Underground anecdotes? Or Pizza stories? VRAMs?
Some 5 hours into Mirror's Edge: Catalyst (PC / Origin). I'm still having fun, parkouring anywhere + everywhere.

Im not offended by what you said by any means. Where I work we have a call center and there is a constant problem with employees in the under 25 range who cannot stop discussing whether they are pansexual, trans, two-spirit, all this other stuff that I dont even know what it means. Its just so disappointing they lack substance to the point its the only thing about them they feel is worth sharing, especially at work.
When I was under 25 and worked at a call center, all anyone ever talked about was drinking. drugs, and sexual exploits. I dont think that much has changed. I'm generally of the mindset "A gentleman never tells" and thus I dont care what someone else does. The problem came in when "The Government" decided that they would confer special benefits to one class of relationships and bar them from another. Based on what? Basically some religious tradition (that originally permitted polygamy, but I digress).

If "The State" had truly left marriage as a religious institution (for those who wish to be institutionalized) most of this discussion would go away.

Another set of headphones that are pretty cheap. Philips SHP9500S, supposed to be extremely accurate neutral headphones for that price range. Very open, so you do have to keep leaking sound in mind, will it bother others, etc. You can use them with the V-Moda Boom Pro mic to basically create a gaming headset if you wish and have a better quality sound than you would get spending the same amount on an actual headset. Supposed to be very comfortable to wear for long periods of time but with absorbent pads that would eventually get gross from sweat/oil and there are no official replacement pads. But Brainwavz HM5 replacement pads will work on them apparently. Anyway they are $49.99 for the next 24 hours or so at Newegg. Not an insane deal, they are normally in the $55-75 dollar range. Supposedly they are discontinued now but who knows.

Headphones.
How would you compare those to the M1MKIIBO/27 Fidelio which are on sale for $40/$50 (depending on color)?

Thanks for the reminder on this. Whoever recommended the Kroger Pizza Rolls, I tried them and they are pretty good. Also tried the Kroger self-rising crust pizza and that was good too. Kroger seems to make decent store products as their frozen wings and ice cream are also on point.

bread's done
Back