Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
There was another giveaway for Deceit overnight. I got there just before they ran out of keys and I managed to grab a second key using my alt account. It's free to the first person who quotes this post.

EDIT:: Looks like my insomnia is subsiding. I guess I'll get a little sleep tonight after all. So I'll have to PM the code to anybody who has quoted this later on.

Sent to Lostnumber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there was another giveaway for Deceit. I got there just before they ran out of keys and I managed to grab a second key using my alt account. It's free to the first person who quotes this post.

EDIT:: Looks like my insomnia is subsiding. I guess I'll get a little sleep tonight after all. So I'll have to PM the code to anybody who has quoted this later on.
maxresdefault.jpg

Speaking of, we're playing Deceit tonight.  Last night was Offworld something-something which I didn't own and thus did not play.  No one else played it either!  Well, I think they tried but only one person had actually played the tutorial so it didn't go well.

Deceit, however, is a first person shooter type game so how hard can that be?  Can you work a mouse?  Do you know that left click usually makes you shoot things?  Then you're probably qualified to play Deceit!  There's also some mumbo jumbo about tricking people about not being infected with somethin' but, really, W+M1 and you'll likely be fine.  Come play it tonight.

Ended #6 at PUBG yesterday, I'm really proud. I'm getting used to the run & hide mechanic btw, and don't know why, buy I'm liking it, the gameplay is very tense, I get goosebumps while waiting... And got some jumpscares too xD

You know, I was at a point where I'd be playing PUBG and it was fairly rote.  Still fun, but land, get your guns, work your way to the circles, maybe ambush if you were in a good place, get killed... rinse and repeat.

Then I didn't play for about five days.  Played a first person solo game last night and... wow, it was back.  I was upstairs in a house, at the back of a stairway with a shotgun listening to someone moving around down below me and my heart was pounding waiting for them to start the ascent so I could blow the back of their head off.  Ducking and dashing from tree to bush trying to stay in the circle and avoid being seen.  Made it to #3 but half felt like I lost a year of my life doing it.

Then I played a couple group games including one where I fell off a motorcycle while driving across an open field.  Not shot or ran into anything, just "Whoops!" and hit the ground incapacitated.

Yeah, I'm at 98 hours of PUBG and I do go through times if I play too often where it can get a little...routine.  Had a couple of decent rounds yesterday. Made it top 20 in solo.  Got a nice kill.  Should have gotten a second but I panicked despite having the drop on a guy.  

Then played a squad with Keeper and my bro.  Panicked when I approached a drop in a jeep and drove us into the river.  Got Keeper and my bro killed and then died shortly there after.  1 step forward, 2 steps back with me. 

Then played a squad with Keeper and my bro. Panicked when I approached a drop in a jeep and drove us into the river. Got Keeper and my bro killed and then died shortly there after. 1 step forward, 2 steps back with me.
BTW you're getting famous... Every time someone wreck the vehicle I say, "Nice one, Fox." (I mean, I'm saying this when someone isn't from the forum so my old Too Human buddy and one of my Division buddies know about your now. :D/

I really shouldn't as I have no room to talk, world's worst PUBG driver* right here, but I just cannot help myself...

* Really, when I play solo... I just "Forrest Gump it" everywhere.

You know, I was at a point where I'd be playing PUBG and it was fairly rote. Still fun, but land, get your guns, work your way to the circles, maybe ambush if you were in a good place, get killed... rinse and repeat.
I felt like I reached that point too a week ago. I'd seemed to land in the same spots, search the same buildings, and take similar paths to the safe zones. So I decided to change things up by either being the first one off the plane or the last one to eject. Which in a way has forced me into new situations and some very interesting new encounters. The amount of variability in this game is probably one of it's biggest draws.

On a side note, I just saw that PUBG has sold 7 million copies as of today and has up to 600,000 concurrent users. I think it's safe to say gamers were clamoring for this type of game mode or play style that is executed in a competent manner.

So GMG has a Final Fantasy sale on...

As somebody who has never played an FF game (I have played RPGs like Witcher and stuff) would I like them and if I would, which one is a good one to get.

Not a big fan of "walking around and suddenly a random fight out of nowhere happens" are they like that?

I know nothing, so I shall bow to your superior knowledge (or failing that, what MysterD has to say) 

Does it play similar to the previous titles? I actually want Carmageddon 2k whatever it is called so sad it doesn't come with that for free (though it's on sale!).

Also on FF, almost all the games have random encounters. I can't vouch for the 13 trilogy, but the only FF games I remember without random encounters were FFXII (Not on sale or on PC)...and FFXI and FFXIV (MMORPG ones).

Carmageddon Max Damage is 75% off ($4.99) and comes with Max Pack for free. This is a historical low, good deal if you don't own it.
Thanks for posting, but I don't quite know how to feel about this. After the events of the weekend, I can't quite look at Carmageddon games the same way. When the first games came out 20 years ago, the idea of someone deliberately ramming a vehicle into a crowd of pedestrians in real life seemed absurd.

Not a big fan of "walking around and suddenly a random fight out of nowhere happens" are they like that?
You probably won't like a lot of these games. You may like Type-0 since it doesn't have random encounters like you mentioned. Check out some videos.

Not 8 (or VIII or whatever)
I'm one of the few that really likes FF8. The PS1 final fantasy games are my favorite of the series (FF 7, 8, and 9).

yea I had it sittin in my cart already and figured why not.  I think it went overlooked since on itad and other sites it got reported as 2.50, but i think there may be an extra discount for owning some other product

Thanks for posting, but I don't quite know how to feel about this. After the events of the weekend, I can't quite look at Carmageddon games the same way. When the first games came out 20 years ago, the idea of someone deliberately ramming a vehicle into a crowd of pedestrians in real life seemed absurd.
I was just gonna say wait for bundle, but now you bummed me out.

Wait, when did this sale start? Is this just the most egregious sales promotion in history, or a horrible coincidence?

yea I had it sittin in my cart already and figured why not. I think it went overlooked since on itad and other sites it got reported as 2.50, but i think there may be an extra discount for owning some other product
Yeah I think you're right. Nation Red loyalty discount maybe?

yea I had it sittin in my cart already and figured why not. I think it went overlooked since on itad and other sites it got reported as 2.50, but i think there may be an extra discount for owning some other product
Probably Nation Red as its basically a sequel to it.

A few of us got it over summer sale and bro'd it a few weeks ago. Its not bad, but Nation Red is better. Versus Squad adds this "building" mechanism to the game that makes it a bit convoluted where you build traps and walls and stuff to stop the zombies from getting to their goal. It was fun, but I prefer Nation Red for its simplicity. Id definitely play more VS, but its a weaker game.

I was just gonna say wait for bundle, but now you bummed me out.

Wait, when did this sale start? Is this just the most egregious sales promotion in history, or a horrible coincidence?
I was actually wondering the same thing. The funny thing is that I've been thinking about writing a blog post about this specific topic (Carmageddon and Charlottesville) for the last day or two and here comes Stainless Steel putting the new game on sale.

...listening to someone moving around down below me...
This is something I've wondered about. I've heard how footsteps can give people away but how do you know which direction they're coming from? Is there an on-screen indicator or do you actually hear them coming from a certain direction (and does that require some sort of surround setup)?

So the real reason We Happy Few increased in price is probably because it's now published by Gearbox lol

It'll be getting bumped up in price again on release btw. $50.99 now vs. $60 on release.
lolnope. If I was waiting on a sale when it was ~30, I sure as balls ain't paying $60

This is something I've wondered about. I've heard how footsteps can give people away but how do you know which direction they're coming from? Is there an on-screen indicator or do you actually hear them coming from a certain direction (and does that require some sort of surround setup)?
You just need to hear it. I don't think my headphones are surround sound but I can usually hear well enough in game to pick out the direction of gunshots, vehicles and, by the time someone is close enough to hear footsteps, you probably have a good idea. Of course, even without bona fide Surround Sound, just having headphones on helps determine direction. In the case of hearing someone downstairs, you can also hear doors opening and stuff so it pretty easy to tell that someone else is in your building, especially when you're crouched and silent/still.

Versus Squad was a pretty good game although, as Bah said, I think Nation Red is still better at what it does. Ironically, I played some VS solo and it was better in a way because you get all the cash for defense purchases rather than 2-4 people all buying a few things each and there's no timer between waves. I assume multiplayer has a timer to keep one guy from screwing up the game by idling. I do like VS's characters that you can level up and buy permanent perks for -- it's nice to have favorite perks always at your disposal instead of hoping they come up in game. Also, I left a review for the game on Steam which was thumbs up but not a glowing "buy now" and the devs responded and said they were always open to suggestions. So that was classy.

I'm still waiting for Nation Red to get bundled, but now I have to wait for it to get bundled so I can get a discount on Versus Squad?  This sucks.

Not only that, but the game isn't going to officially release until April 2018 now. And apparently a Season Pass is being added.

Gearbox really has become a cancer in the game industry.
This is what I was afraid of; some greedy publisher coming along and being greedy. $50-60 asking price bad enough, but now Season pass is on the table as well.

Looks like the dev is offering beer tier KS backers a digital copy of the game, so I guess that's the cheapest price it's been (around $8 CAD which converts to $6ish USD today). Anyone that backed gets the season pass for free too, but dunno if that applies to the beer tier.

Not 8 (or VIII or whatever)
I've played on NES the original FF1.

And on PSX, I have played FF5+6+7+8+9.

FF8 was disappointing - especially after how great FF7 was (i.e. the one people cite as one of the best FF's namely). I didn't like FF8's huge emphasis on constantly using Summons (those can be long-winded and might give you the feeling they do a lot of the work for you if you don't master how to Junction); Junction system wasn't my favorite system; Drawing (i.e. stealing) Spells (to learn them and allows more uses of that spell in your pool) was cool but shouldn't have been the main focus on how to learn & use magic; Squall is way too annoying & whiny for a lead (for most of the game); and the story stuff falls apart and is a mess after the first Act and the first awesome plot twist in the story; and the build-up for the final villain is a complete waste by the end of the story.

I loved FF6+7+9 - to me, these are FF at its best. Really fun turn-based combat (these are usually active time-based and/or a turn-based system) with great story & characters. Personally, for me: FF6 is my favorite FF.

FF5 is really good b/c of the Job class system (i.e. learn multiple character class roles), but its story & characters just aren't my favorite FF. It's still good - but I prefer FF6+7+9.

I liked FF13 (Part 1), but it's a much different FF game. So, keep that in mind when going in, if you plan to play. Still ain't finished it up - but for the first 15 hours or so that I played, it's very linear & there really ain't any towns. Supposedly, it does open up a bit later - ain't hit that point yet.

It feels very heavy w/ dungeon-crawling with FF-style combat . Since there's no towns, you basically hit-up Vending Machines (which also are save spots). You have a cool job-like system (called Paradigms) that you switch on-the-fly and characters slink into different roles when in combat. To me, this is the real fun of the game - this combat system's a blast.

There are lots of characters. FF13-1 constantly forces you with using different characters for different chapters of the story - really keeps the gameplay, combat, and story fresh. I really do love the story, characters, & combat system - once this stuff actually really gets going some 5 hours into the game (i.e. when they introduce Paradigms). You probably should read the Codex for Summaries of each Chapter & to learn the game's lingo (b/c it uses a lot of its own terms and you will need to know who is who and what is what), just to make things a lot easier & clearer for you.

Also, the game is just down-right beautiful artistically. FF games never seem to disappoint in this regard.

Looks like the dev is offering beer tier KS backers a digital copy of the game, so I guess that's the cheapest price it's been (around $8 CAD which converts to $6ish USD today). Anyone that backed gets the season pass for free too, but dunno if that applies to the beer tier.
Yeah, I thought this at least was generous of them.

I'm still waiting for Nation Red to get bundled, but now I have to wait for it to get bundled so I can get a discount on Versus Squad? This sucks.
Thanks to notorious CAG villain rcsample for giving me a copy of Nation Red.

Please remind me to never again qualify a potential purchase publicly.

Not only that, but the game isn't going to officially release until April 2018 now. And apparently a Season Pass is being added.

What a shitshow. Game is now magically worth $50 because Gearbox is publishing. Won't sell at that price.

Agents of Mayhem currently has a rating of 68 on opencritic. Alot of negative reviews on steam mention optimization issues which can be solved with drivers. Some like the humor while others do not. Most tend to agree that currently it is overpriced. In other words, nothing we did not already know.
I guess the question is...what will tank in price quicker to $20 (or less) in a sale: Agents of Mayhem or ME:A?

ME:A took about 5 months almost, but will Agents drop quicker than ME:A?

What a shitshow. Game is now magically worth $50 because Gearbox is publishing. Won't sell at that price.

I was at Walmart today and they had Rainbow Six Siege for ten bucks.  They also had an old boxed copy of Tera which was kind of amusing since it went F2P four years ago.  But they gave purchasers some freebies (Founders status, mount, etc) so maybe it has value to someone in the world.  I don't care enough to find out though.

Gearbox picking up We Happy Few is a good thing, we can now be sure it will be in a humble bundle within a year of launch and we can chose to give no money to Gearbox.

Gearbox picking up We Happy Few is a good thing, we can now be sure it will be in a humble bundle within a year of launch and we can chose to give no money to Gearbox.
But, isn't that game going to be a official G2A exclusive first?

So the real reason We Happy Few increased in price is probably because it's now published by Gearbox lol

http://steamcommunity.com/games/320240/announcements/detail/1435940000444261424

It'll be getting bumped up in price again on release btw. $50.99 now vs. $60 on release.
Tebow's probably hoping Gearbox makes enough money from this ordeal so that can help fund Colonial Marines 2.

Tebow needs another "great" game he can spend 4,725 hours with.

EDIT 2:

I was at Walmart today and they had Rainbow Six Siege for ten bucks.
If only that was $5....at a Walmart near me.

bread's done
Back