Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
oh yeah, some good times in the River City Ransom sauna for sure.

QLWyE.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah, some good times in the River City Ransom sauna for sure.
I love near the top floor of the school, you meet the Dragon Twins, and a version of the Double Dragon music kicks in.

The reference & the nostalgia....awww, man.

Love that game.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKFW1A1kkkI

Yeah man.  Uncovering that Double Dragon music organically while playing the final stage with a friend on a game rental was euphoric.  Then omg you fight the Double Dragons.  It blew my little 8 year old mind. 

I'd only ever consider buying the NES because of its crazy resale value, and that's the kicker because you can't be sure just how rare the SNES will be.

If you only want to play the games, just buy like a $40 Pi so you can emulate every old game and not just Nintendo ones.

6686859659.png

Indeed fuck these speeds. Best money can get too :(

I'm more concerned about SSD space tho, I just bought 500GB and it would become full even before DLCs.

I guess I'll need to upgrade 1TB before complete edition is sold for 5€. :(

re: Battlefront II

The bros played 2.5 hours last night and had fun in mostly all modes, except the smaller mode since we got pwned.  Definitely had a lot more fun that I did when we played the first one and I'm not a Star Wars fan.  Not going to fakey it, but would consider a reasonably priced purchase down the line. 

re: Chrono

Deal of the day is King Arthur's Gold 4-Pack for $5 - go go go!

re: Gamersgate

Some of their Ubisoft pre-orders are back after being removed for about a week.  Far Cry 5 is still missing, but Assassin's Creed and Southpark can be had for an even shittier discount of 11% off.  

re: Battlefront II

The bros played 2.5 hours last night and had fun in mostly all modes, except the smaller mode since we got pwned. Definitely had a lot more fun that I did when we played the first one and I'm not a Star Wars fan. Not going to fakey it, but would consider a reasonably priced purchase down the line.
Was there a cockpit mode in the space combat...? (And a way to force it on all in the game...?)

The Division is really pissing me off... The current Globe Event is active and I have all but once piece left on my new six piece sets but it won't drop... 103 caches latter still don't have it. Took me 58 last event.

I don't do multiplayer. I tried Left 4 Dead 2 once and somebody shouted at me through their mic and I was left behind to die. (irony!)

That was five years ago.

Downloaded SWBFII yesterday and tried it.

Ran forward, died.

Saw that the person who killed me was right next to me, yet I never saw them.

(repeat 25 times)

Is multiplayer not for me, or is there a way to find out what to do without dying in 20 seconds each time?

Battlefront 2 has exceeded my expectations. It’s a lot of fun...but it has balance issues and small nitpicking things like the death/load screen every single time.

Also they should have added more unlocks and maps since the whole issue with the first was lack of content.

Inb4itsabeta. It’s a completed game...not even close to a true beta.

They lost a lot of good will with the Batllefront 1 release.  not sure I can muster enough care.  They should have published a better, more complete game the first time around. 

which kind of brings us back to the topic of crappy publishers (EA).  Fronting a bare bones game for $60 is worse than selling people a $100-120 premium product.

Battlefront 2 has exceeded my expectations. It’s a lot of fun...but it has balance issues and small nitpicking things like the death/load screen every single time.

Also they should have added more unlocks and maps since the whole issue with the first was lack of content.

Inb4itsabeta. It’s a completed game...not even close to a true beta.
Yea its more of a demo than a beta. I agree with everything else. Balance issues have long been a problem with EA's shooters too.

I liked every mode for the most part, but I want to see more maps and I definitely want to play single player.

Its a 50% get for me. Maybe by Xmas.

They lost a lot of good will with the Batllefront 1 release. not sure I can muster enough care. They should have published a better, more complete game the first time around.

which kind of brings us back to the topic of crappy publishers (EA). Fronting a bare bones game for $60 is worse than selling people a $100-120 premium product.
^^^ The 1st one just turned me off completely with the way they went about it as the game was so light in content

Since we're still talking about consolish peripherals, I ignored everybody's advice and picked up an off-brand X1 controller today at Walmart. It has gold triggers and comes with three different types of thumbsticks that I can swap out until I lose the spares. I shall be the envy of all spofos!

It's also kinda loud and clicky, which hopefully will counteract some of Fox's keyboard rattling. At least until it breaks. Which will probably be in a week or two.
Update: broken after 5 months.

Age of Rivals game impressions:

I bought this one on a whim as I was buying another VN and I saw it was on sale from my wishlist. It looked like an interesting Civilization card game. This one is a deck building 15 minute civilization game where you unlock the cards in card packs (there are 0 duplicates so it's a fixed amount to unlock everything) and from the card pool you take turns drafting civilization cards for your city.

There are 8 slots a round and 4 rounds. These all cost money and can be cheaper if you have matching resources. If you buy something, but the opponent has the shown resource, the purchase is taxed and a certain amount of the money goes to your opponent. When you lay down cards they have a chance to do effects which usually hurt your opponent in some way or help you. After everything is laid down you have an attack phase of 3 neutral cities for points and then a war phase where you attack each other. If there is a dead city part after the last phase it has a chance to turn into rubble, which is generally worthless. In between rounds it chooses 4 cards randomly your purchased city cards and you draft 4, except for the last round where you draft 8 from your whole deck. Most points at the end wins.

The game has a pretty OK tutorial. The hard AI is also very hard. I rarely beat them. My major cons with the game are the graphics, which are generally basic and have no unique art for different cards in a set, and it being a port of a mobile game. Also the method to unlock the full potential of characters takes a while,in that you have to collect 7 cards to unlock everything for them. The random choosing of cards between round can lead to bad RNG as well. This really feels like a Civilization card game and is fun as heck. If it gets bundled in a PC or Android bundle be sure to pick it up. It was very stable and never crashed the whole time. 8/10 overall for a fun but could use more polish game. I didn't go into everything but it's deeper than it seems.

If you are a sci-fi nerd like me, go see Blade Runner 2049.  It was excellent.   Make no mistake, this is an arthouse movie and not an action flick.  Initial reports are that its already not doing very well at the box office.  Gotta support top notch sci-fi movies when we get the opportunity because we get so few of them.  The bad movies are winning.

Don't bring your girlfriend/wife though.  80% of them will be bored and dislike it. 

Picked up Quantum Break: Timeless Collector's Edition (PC / Retail box / Steam key) from my Local WalMart for $10 (YMMV / Brickseek and check your local WalMart's).

Box was opened, but everything was inside - art book, 7 DVD's, and poster. Steam key was in there too (inside the folding case, the key's on a sticker inside, hidden behind Disc 1) - and it activated-up all fine.

Right on.

Picked up Quantum Break: Timeless Collector's Edition (PC / Retail box / Steam key) from my Local WalMart for $10 (YMMV / Brickseek and check your local WalMart's).

Box was opened, but everything was inside - art book, 7 DVD's, and poster. Steam key was in there too (inside the folding case, the key's on a sticker i, hidden behind Disc 1) - and it activated-up all fine.

Right on.
5b4605493d05286d02736212a41b0333192c24dbcc5f266a54fb0a0e43a4488a.jpg

I've been breaking up my PUBG time this weekend with some Road Redemption and it feels pretty true to the original.  If you liked Road Rash way back in the day, you'll probably enjoy what Road Redemption has to offer: hitting dudes with pipes and machetes at 120mph.

The game has been in Early Access since 2015 and some people wrote it off as abandoned or that it would never come together.  It feels as though it finally turned into a real game in the last couple months, now featuring online PvP multiplayer and getting the overall kinks worked out.  One significant change from its ancestors is that it's a sort of Rogue-lite game now.  In the campaign mode, you run missions until you die, which will probably only take you a few missions to accomplish.  Between races you can hit a store to buy health or temporary upgrades but stuff is very expensive so you'll be lucky to afford a single item.  Then, when you finally die, you can use your experience earned to unlock permanent upgrades but -- and this is unnecessarily punishing -- any points not spent then and there are lost.  So if you earned 300xp and die, you will find yourself able to buy a single 200xp minor upgrade and the remaining 100xp is just trashed.  There's also a Quick Race mode where you just race for a medal and to unlock more Quick Race tracks.  Progression is locked to the campaign mode.

Aside from that aspect, it's exactly what it says on the tin.  You drive fast, you hit or kick people, there's weapons ranging from pipes to shovels to explosives to submachine guns and more.  Some races are "Be in the Top Three", some are "kill seven people" and some are just "survive to the finish line" but the objectives don't change the basic game play much.

Could I recommend it for full price?  Nah.  It's fun but it's very repetitive and starts off pretty grueling.  But it is worth buying should it hit a deep discount or a bundle.  Whenever it pops up in a Humble Monthly, it'll be a game worth hanging on to. 

I want Shadow of War but I don't want to reward WB and the shitty loot box nonsense.  I played Shadow of Mordor on console, I might just replay it on PC and see if that scratches the itch and wait for a price drop.   :whistle2:k   Still can not decide if I want to pick up Destiny 2 either.  Cuphead looks fun.

BTW, Quantum Break (Steam version) takes up around 69 GB of HDD space.

I tell you, w/ the 4K push here, these new games are eating up tons of space.

EDIT:

Going to have to mess around w/ QB (Steam) settings here. It runs fine at 1080p at Medium (i.e. 60FPS) on my GTX 970 - but kinda "eh" at 1440p at Medium; not horrible, but not great either. 1440p @ Medium, it was bouncing b/t 40 and 60 FPS with even nothing going on. Gonna have to tinker a bit; mostly in NVidia Inspector. Gonna see if I can force FastSync, FXAA, and other stuff. And if tinkering don't work so hot, maybe just lock down FPS to maybe 40FPS or 45FPS w/ NVidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner. I really don't want to do a 30FPS in-game lock-down.

Game's gorgeous, though - as one might expect from Remedy. Can't deny that.

I want Shadow of War but I don't want to reward WB and the shitty loot box nonsense. I played Shadow of Mordor on console, I might just replay it on PC and see if that scratches the itch and wait for a price drop. :whistle2:k Still can not decide if I want to pick up Destiny 2 either. Cuphead looks fun.
C d keys

For people who don't always know what every game is in the monthly Humble Bundle, there is a video released every month via Bombchu that gives first impressions and footage of each game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PleTCVVw2E4

Seems to be a criminally under-viewed channel, so you should go and watch it and put their numbers up.

Some 4 hours into Quantum Break.

Damn, this third-person shooter is awesome. This is basically taking the Max Payne style of gameplay and gunplay that Remedy made famous, but instead with Time Manipulation super-powers. You can manipulate time to freeze it, teleport-doge via time, cause explosions w/ time ripples, rewind things to do time puzzles (Singularity, anyone?) and all kinds of other stuff.

All the gunplay feels, looks, and sounds great. While there are your usual guns here - i.e. pistols, semi-auto pistols, SMG's, assault rifles, etc etc - each weapons feels like they are different, unique, have weight, and sound awesome. 

The voice-acting & characters models (which looks like their actual voice-actors & live-action actors), and everything is top notch. Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger from Game of Thrones), Lance Reddick (from The Wire), and Courtney Hope (from Divergent series) are all here - among other well-known to somewhat well-known actors. And the episodes that are laced right between the linear-style of gameplay & gunplay episodes are really good - these live-action episodes could be and feel like episodes from a TV show on HBO, which such quality here. Just bust out the popcorn and you'll be good to go, once you finish a gameplay episode.

This game rocks so far. Loving it.

Age of Rivals unlocked all cards officially around 13 hours and 30 minutes mark. Think just have challenges to go. Going to take a break, but fun game.

For anyone wanting some classic rts game play stronghold 2 has been revamped into s2 steam edition. They redid a ton of the graphics, re-enabled multiplayer, all sorts of stuff.  Since alot of people probably own the collection or s2 you already have it

Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones are $60 on Best Buy w/ Free Shipping.

Anyone got a pair of these? Any thoughts on them, if you do? 

I ordered a Logitech G710 Mechanical Keyboard last night. Looking forward to it arriving, when it does.

Anyone got one of those? If you do, thoughts?

MysterD, on 08 Oct 2017 - 2:31 PM, said:
Also, ordered a G710 Mechanical Keyboard last night. Looking forward to it arriving, when it does.

I picked up a Logitech G710+ Cherry MX Brown at Best Buy last holiday season for around $48 (when they were doing that $25 off $100 or more Visa Checkout promo).

It's my first mechanical keyboard and it's been great. Only issue I have is the wrist support easily coming off if I have to lift the keyboard or move it. Other than that it's been solid. I would've liked to get one of those RGB keyboards, but the price was too good to pass up on the 710+.

I think the Sennheisers are great! I use a pair regularly as my go-to when the wife needs quiet. Super comfortable and sound great. For that price, you would be hard pressed to do better in an open headphone. Also, the cups are very large so can accommodate very large ears without pressing on them.

If you like bass, don't get them. If you want a closed set, don't get them. If you want to use them for gaming, don't get them. If you don't use 1/4" jacks, don't get them. If you don't have any headphone amps, don't get them.

Otherwise, they're great entry level audiophile headphones!

Box was opened, but everything was inside - art book, 7 DVD's, and poster. Steam key was in there too (inside the folding case, the key's on a sticker i, hidden behind Disc 1) - and it activated-up all fine.

Right on.
Dang I just found one of these knocked over on the bottom shelf at a Walmart, and I didn't even know it existed. The shelf tag said $40, but now I think I should've scanned it to see. Thanks for the heads up and details, sounds like a great deal!

Learning what the games are and if they're any good after the fact doesn't seem especially useful.
It's useful for deciding what to throw up in the cesspool and what to keep I suppose, especially for people like me that have never heard of the vast majority of the games unlocked every month.

If you like bass, don't get them. If you want a closed set, don't get them. If you want to use them for gaming, don't get them. If you don't use 1/4" jacks, don't get them. If you don't have any headphone amps, don't get them.

That's the thing: I have the Klipsch R6 On-Ear Reference Headphones and I love the bass on those.

Also, my Turtle Beach PX22 have an amp; and also has their own treble & bass controls. I can control that in those as I see fit.

I really like that the wires can be changed, switched in and out on the SH HD 558. I go through lots of headphones, namely when on-the-go; usually, I eventually wreck the wire and one of the headphone ears goes kaput at some point.

Though...I'd doubt if I bought the Sennheiser HD 558, especially w/ the 3.5mm adapter making it longer and all, if they'd be for on-the-go; they don't really seem super-practical to take on-the-go.

I do have the SH HD 206 and I don't like those as much as the Klipsch R6 On-Ear Reference Headphones. I prefer the bass in the Klipsch R6 On-Ears.

I ordered a Logitech G710 Mechanical Keyboard last night. Looking forward to it arriving, when it does.
Not worth it right now. BF is close and they will be cheaper and the 598s will be $99 like always.

Honestly your post is terrible.

Open headphones are the best sound stage for true sound (like the sound you want for gaming) Who cares for bass?

As for a mixamp, yes it does make it sound better...but these don’t need the extra oomph to drive them...

Open headphones are the best sound stage for true sound (like the sound you want for gaming) Who cares for bass?

As for a mixamp, yes it does make it sound better...but these don’t need the extra oomph to drive them...
A lot of people care about bass though. Unless I'm mixing, I don't want a flat sound. Bass is important for explosions and stuff in games too.

I've never heard these Senns, but I'd put my money on the Philips SHP9500S, just based on overall reviews from people who've heard both.

How was it horrible? I wasn't being sarcastic. The set fits a very specific niche, even for people looking for reference headphones.

- If you like bass, don't get them.

Their bass is weak as fuck, compared to other reference headphones.

- If you want a closed set, don't get them.

They're open.

- If you want to use them for gaming, don't get them.

They're open, and aren't designed for something like surround sound, and doesn't have a mic.

- If you don't use 1/4" jacks, don't get them.

None of the included cables is 3.5mm, and the adapter is massive.

- If you don't have any headphone amps, don't get them.

50 ohm is on the higher side for headphones not using amps, so they're poorly driven by many devices if you don't have an amp.

Nothing I said was wrong.

so while we're on headphones, anyone got any recommendations for around ear bluetooth headphones? Need a good pair for work and the wife got my expensive ass senn's I jacked from my last job. So need a new pair for the new job

bread's done
Back