Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anybody have an opinion on the 1600x vs. 1700x vs i5-8400k?

I know the i5 is better for gaming, but the Ryzen series are better for multitasking/rendering.

Might need to upgrade soon and wondering which way to go.

Also wondering if I should go ahead and upgrade to a 8GB 580 (seen the one I want as low as $230) or stick with the 7950 I have for a while longer. I only plan on gaming at 2560x1080 for the foreseeable future.
For that resolution I would go straight to a 1070 or 1070ti minimum.

I have no idea on the CPU question, but you can either wait for MyD to answer it or see the next video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f5JQrnOwTE

This just in: Grey Market Sites Beating Steam On Prices!
Fair enough, even though I consider CDkeys better than G2A. Fanatical/Bundle Stars is also beating Steam. For example, better prices on Wolfenstein 2 deluxe by 10%, Injustice 2 by about $20 if buying the Ultimate edition, Tales of Berseria by 10%.

To be somewhat fair also, you can score an additional 10% off in most cases (some exceptions have occurred for me) with buying through Humble Bundle if you are a monthly subscriber.

I guess my point is that I feel like Steam gave up on competing in terms of price.

for those that have Costco:

currently out of stock, but likely to come back as sale is until Dec 2. 60Hz refresh, but also would be a good choice for XBOX 1 X or PS 4 Pro.

https://www.costco.com/LG-27UD58-B-27%22-Ultra-HD-4K-Monitor.product.100316819.html

I believe MysterD got this last Black Friday. VA panel but good price for the size

https://www.costco.com/HP-Omen-32%22-QHD-Gaming-Monitor.product.100312359.html

I am also trying to decide if going LG ultrawide.
Links not working for me.

I have a 4K Samsung 28'' TN panel. Its model is U28E590. I love it.

Bought it last Black Friday (2016).

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough, even though I consider CDkeys better than G2A. Fanatical/Bundle Stars is also beating Steam. For example, better prices on Wolfenstein 2 deluxe by 10%, Injustice 2 by about $20 if buying the Ultimate edition, Tales of Berseria by 10%.

To be somewhat fair also, you can score an additional 10% off in most cases (some exceptions have occurred for me) with buying through Humble Bundle if you are a monthly subscriber.

I guess my point is that I feel like Steam gave up on competing in terms of price.
That's true, but it's been that way for a while now. My two PC purchases for the sale period have been DLCs for Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny, from Bundlestars and Greenmangaming, at historically low prices with coupon codes. I will probably also pick up Aviary Attorney from Steam this weekend at 75% off, and that's probably going to be my "haul."

Indeed. And then everyone else gave up when Steam gave up. That said, a lot of it is attributable to the lack of daily/flash sales and those were scrapped because of people who cried 'MUH REFUNDZ' and couldn't grasp how daily/flash sales worked after half a dozen years of biannual Steam sales.

I don't think I'll be buying anything during the Fall sale. Nothing jumps out as a can't miss price that won't be repeated again in under a month. In the interim I can see if anything gets put in an indie bundle.

I didn't disagree with the core of your comment, just that you found an amusing comparison to illustrate it with. But, yeah, the best deals have been off Steam for years now. Granted, "best deals" is relative these days as there hasn't been any real "OMG that's amazing" sales.

Final haul

For Steam

001 Game Creator - General Music Add-On
3DMark11 Advanced Full Package
Accel World VS. Sword Art Online Deluxe Edition
AI Dummy
All Walls Must Fall
AZURA
Black Home
Blood Feed
Bloody Glimpse
Bloody Good Time
Brayan Odleys Numbers
Call of Duty - Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Caveman Warriors
Claybook
Dinosaur Hunt First Blood
ELEX
Environmental Station Alpha
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Fluffy Friends 2
Freedom Cry
FURIDASHI: Drift Cyber Sport
Griptape Backbone
Hearts of Chaos
Inevitable Path
Invasion
johns.game
Lost Socks: Naughty Brothers
Lost Socks: Naughty Brothers OST
Midnight's Blessing
Midnight's Blessing 2
Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two Episode 4
NovaLogic Everything Pack - 2014
Opaline
Pain of War
Prey with Gun
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - Digital Deluxe Edition
Prison Chainball Massacre
Rayman Raving Rabbits
Red Wake Carnage
Reformers
Sense of The Devil
Stories: Path of Destinies
Stories: The Path Of Destinies Artbook
Stories: The Path Of Destinies Original Soundtrack
The New Queen
The Rare Nine
The Sapper
Tormentor X Punisher
Valiant: Resurrection
Way of Redemption
Zwei II

"Gifts"

Blitz Breaker
From Dust
Goodbye My King
I Am Alive
Last Anime boy: Saving loli
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
Purchased 5,--€ Wallet Credit
Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days
Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days - Soundtrack
ShootMania Storm
Silent Hunter Collection (2012)
The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom - Gold Edition (ROW)
The Settlers Heritage of Kings
The Settlers VI: Gold
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe Edition
Trials Evolution Gold
Voodoo Dice
Zeit2

~200€ worth of cards I guess :|

And for Windows Store:

Forza Horizon 3 + Hot Wheels

Nothing physical 

300€ vives sold out instantly. 

Games bought while writing this:

3-in-1 Bundle Brain Trainings

Still waiting for that Telltale bundle to stop being glitched. Steam Support FINALLY read my message and said they would look into it but I doubt they'll actually fix the bundle before the sale ends. Bleh.

GameStop:

All prices before promo's, tax, etc.

Promo code = "TY10" for 10% extra off on Black Friday purchases at GameStop.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - Deluxe Edition Bundle (Steam key / digital code) = $23.99

Includes:

• Dishonored 2 (base-game)
  • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (stand-alone expansion for Dishonored 2).

Dishonored: Complete Collection (Steam key / digital code) = $35.99.

Includes:

• Dishonored 1: Definitive Edition (Dishonored 1 Base Game & All DLC's)
  • Dishonored 2 (base-game)
  • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (stand-alone expansion for Dishonored 2)

It's glitched how?
All of Telltale's games are currently discounted because of the sale, but the Bundle does not show the discount on several of them. So Sam and Max S1, S2, S3, Back to the Future, Hector, Strong Bad and Tales of Monkey Island show up with their normal price.

Since the only item I'm missing is Tales of Monkey Island, my purchase price for the bundle is $13.40 instead of $3.34. Or I can buy the game for $4.99 outside of the bundle.

This is the first time I've ever seen a bundle glitch that way. Even Steam Support seems confused.

Edit: Oh and for some reason Hector Full Season is listed twice.

Dishonored 2: Death of an Outsider Deluxe Bundle is $21.59 on Humble Bundle store if you have the monthly 10% discount, cheapest I've seen it.

Similarly, Destiny 2: Digital Deluxe is $67.49 w/ same monthly discount. Is Destiny 2 worth it jumping in early-ish now?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you buy the 1 year subscription to Humble Monthly you get a $20 wallet credit with it, this makes the subscription basically $112, or $9.33 a month.

I had the subscription last year and i'd say it's worth it. Even if i didn't want any games in a bundle if you sell everything in the cesspool you can typically actually make money. 

Steam link is easily worth the money if you have any interest in streaming your games to your TV. I have no clue what people were expecting when the say it isn't worth it. It's supposed to be a device to stream games to your TV. It functions exactly as that. Where's the disconnect?

It might depend on where you live but I've never been charged tax on Battle.net. I want to say probably not since you've technically already given money to Blizzard so at the point it's on battle.net it's not actual money.
thanks. 1 $20 ecard covered the cost of overwatch.

Anyone have Caladrius Blaze and have you run into any optimization issues with the game? Was gonna buy it for pc instead of ps4 but some of the steam comments are giving me 2nd thoughts.

I have:

i5-7400, 8 GB ram, gtx 1060 with 3GB ram

Promo code = "TY10" for 10% extra off on Black Friday purchases at GameStop.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - Deluxe Edition Bundle (Steam key / digital code) = $23.99
Can't get TY10 to apply to this. Anyone succesful?

Destiny 2: Digital Deluxe is $67.49 w/ same monthly discount. Is Destiny 2 worth it jumping in early-ish now?
Maybe. The new DLC looks pretty bad to be honest. If I was starting I might start with a cheap base game version.

All of the destiny streamers like gothalion, triplewreck, slayer etc were shitting on it so hard it made me decide not to buy. I played a lot of destiny 1 on ps4 and the community usually shills pretty hard for bungie. Seeing these responses are making me pass. Funny since it is one of the reasons i have a pc now

Steam link is easily worth the money if you have any interest in streaming your games to your TV. I have no clue what people were expecting when the say it isn't worth it. It's supposed to be a device to stream games to your TV. It functions exactly as that. Where's the disconnect?
$4 too much!

Anyone have Caladrius Blaze and have you run into any optimization issues with the game? Was gonna buy it for pc instead of ps4 but some of the steam comments are giving me 2nd thoughts.

I have:

i5-7400, 8 GB ram, gtx 1060 with 3GB ram
Maybe doesn't help directly, but I imported on PS4 and never had any performance issues. Playing on a Pro, though.

Bros... as crazy as this sounds I might have to transition my purchases to GOG.  They get about 90% of new PC releases excluding a few AAA games and, in general, their sales are better.  Or, at least, they offer decent promos like free Starcrawlers with X amount of money spent.

Bros... as crazy as this sounds I might have to transition my purchases to GOG. They get about 90% of new PC releases excluding a few AAA games and, in general, their sales are better. Or, at least, they offer decent promos like free Starcrawlers with X amount of money spent.
leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

All of Telltale's games are currently discounted because of the sale, but the Bundle does not show the discount on several of them. So Sam and Max S1, S2, S3, Back to the Future, Hector, Strong Bad and Tales of Monkey Island show up with their normal price.

Since the only item I'm missing is Tales of Monkey Island, my purchase price for the bundle is $13.40 instead of $3.34. Or I can buy the game for $4.99 outside of the bundle.

This is the first time I've ever seen a bundle glitch that way. Even Steam Support seems confused.

Edit: Oh and for some reason Hector Full Season is listed twice.
Oh yeah, they chose to make new packages for old telltale games that are per episode instead of series in one. So they then forgot to discount those. Last sale everything was discounted. Hector is one of those too, so that's why it appears 3 times (3 episodes, but they gave name full series to episodes 1 and 3 lol).

bread's done
Back