Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Mmm the new Ataribox controller

Mando-Ataribox-1.jpg
To someone like me who has an Atari 2600 Junior and a handful of cartridges in a box in his hall closet, that joystick looks pretty good.

Bros... as crazy as this sounds I might have to transition my purchases to GOG. They get about 90% of new PC releases excluding a few AAA games and, in general, their sales are better. Or, at least, they offer decent promos like free Starcrawlers with X amount of money spent.
MysterD, is that you?

Bros... as crazy as this sounds I might have to transition my purchases to GOG. They get about 90% of new PC releases excluding a few AAA games and, in general, their sales are better. Or, at least, they offer decent promos like free Starcrawlers with X amount of money spent.

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.

BTW: What is the card listing program 'du jour' now? I disabled Steam inventory helper a while back and never sussed out a replacement. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Loki ARPG any good?

It's $2 on Amazon (Steam key) and Steam.

I do have Steam Gift Card GabenBux and Amazon GC Bing $.

Also, any "hidden gems" on Steam on sale?

Mmm the new Ataribox controller
Man, I hated that controller even when the 2600 was new. There's nothing worse than holding a big square in one hand and pushing aroung a giant stick with another.

10/10 for the retro-look nostalgia. 0/10 for ergonomics.

Ubi and Origin are also the place to buy more recent titles. EA / Origins will have a monthly freebie and is the place to buy if you wanted for instance Mass Effect Andromeda. You could make the claim that buying the newest AssCreed game is better through Ubi as one less layer of DRM. I ended up buying Far Cry Primal and a couple of other titles directly on Ubi due to not wanting to deal with both Steam and Ubi for the same game. No steam cards, but you should still be able to play with friends you want to. If I remember correctly, EA started the pull back of the newer titles i.e. Mass Effect 3 with Origin platform. Yes, it sucks to have multiple platform/launchers and yes Steam is still the launcher with the most features. However, Origin (better customer service), Ubisoft, and GoG have all improved their product/services. I also agree with Mooby with the GoG sales, support, and giveaways i.e. GoG basically giving you a "copy" of certain Steam games with GoG Connect.

Yep; Origin, UPlay, and GOG Galaxy have come a long way, but they are also very long ways behind Steam in the features department.

Origin, UbiSoft, and GOG Galaxy really need to add some screenshot taking and some place so I can throw some screenies up somewhere, like Steam does.

I love GoG with its DRM-FREE attitude, Optional GoG Galaxy, and it allowing you to add certain Steam titles via GoG Connect. But, GOG Connect means you need to have bought a Steam-version of that game first. So, thanks to both Steam and GoG.

I'm trying to recall here - but I think, ME3, BF3, and one of the NFS games were some of their first Origin-only exclusives.

The only thing I miss about uPlay & Origin is easy screenshot libraries.  The community stuff I get through Steam so I don't need to follow groups or feeds on two or three other game clients.

Is Loki ARPG any good?

It's $2 on Amazon (Steam key) and Steam.
I do have Steam Gift Card GabenBux and Amazon GC Bing $.

Also, any "hidden gems" on Steam on sale?
I bought the following games on the Steam Store with just the $10 Steam card that I bought from GameStop on Black Friday. Many of them were former Xbox Live Indie Game offerings.

Space Moth DX - .49
Wizards Who Fell in a Hole - .99
Diehard Dungeon - .49
Blocks Can Matter - .99
Bit Trip Runner Good Friends DLC - .49
Gateways - $1.49
Dead Pixels - .74
Instant Dungeon - $1.33
Super Amazing Wagon - $1.49
Lasercat - .49
Super Star Path - .99

The community stuff on Steam is okay, but it's also really archaic and shitty and if it was a proper "social network" it'd be dead and called myspace.  People just let it slide because it's ancillary to Steam's main purpose.  

The community stuff on Steam is okay, but it's also really archaic and shitty and if it was a proper "social network" it'd be dead and called myspace. People just let it slide because it's ancillary to Steam's main purpose.
Other than chat overlay I can't say I make use of other features on Steam. I'm taking a look at GOG Galaxy now and it seems to do pretty much the same thing.

Oh yeah, they chose to make new packages for old telltale games that are per episode instead of series in one. So they then forgot to discount those. Last sale everything was discounted. Hector is one of those too, so that's why it appears 3 times (3 episodes, but they gave name full series to episodes 1 and 3 lol).
"Forgot." Suuuuuuuuure they did. Ugh. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that on purpose.

I already tweeted at them, but as usual they're ignoring me. I just want that game before Disney ends up yanking it...

Well, I finally bought a "gaming" monitor.  It's the Dell S2716DGR 27" 144hz gsync TN panel Best Buy has had on sale for $350.  Open box models have been popping up on ebay today at $315.  I missed one earlier today by seconds.  Finally pounced on another successfully.

There's a 10% back in ebay bucks promo going right now so total cost after tax is something around $300.

I guess my only regret is that I kinda wanted an ultrawide.. but 1440p ultrawides are still all so expensive.  I wonder if I will game more on this new Dell or my 55" samsung at 4k...

If any of you are on alienware arena, there's currently a bug on the website where you can rack up unlimited points. Just keep signing in & out on the website. It's cause by the daily login bonus its bugged currently. Also some users are reporting that they are getting points sporadically by just browsing the forums. if that happens to you keep pressing F5!!!

If you want go full on "lets get banned from alienware arena" you can use curl to automate logging on.

To get the command to use, go to the login page, open dev tools, network tab. 

Login.

Right click the first result in the network tab, should be a POST to alienwarearena.com/login_check, click "Copy as cURL", then run that with curl.

If you don't know how to do any of this stuff, figure it out yourself.  I'll give you the rope, you can tie the knot and hang yourself on your own. :)

EDIT:

I thought about running that in an infinite loop "shell script".  But like I said, sending a couple hundred logins a minute is a sure fire way to get banned.

It would be a real tragedy if I were to get banned from Alienware Arena and I lost the ability to not get any of the games they giveaway because I'm not at level 20.

Every sale allows me to save more and more...of my steam wallet.

The Winter Sale will save me, right?
No Steam Sale will save any of us, the way it's been going these last few years.

Once they got really popular and "Refunds" got introduced to kill the impulsiveness of Steam Sale's old-school Flash Deals and leave us with static sales - well, then everybody else (Amazon, GMG, NewEgg, etc) figured "We can match Steam", or "We can match Steam and throw in an extra percent off coupon" or "beat them by a small percent on certain games" and gamers would follow just the deals to send Valve a message.

I have a hardware question. I bought the apc 450VA because best buy ran out of the other one.

Can i use the apc 450va for my pc without harming either the pc or apc?

My pc is the hp omen 870-224 with:
Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive

I have a hardware question. I bought the apc 450VA because best buy ran out of the other one.

Can i use the apc 450va for my pc without harming either the pc or apc?

My pc is the hp omen 870-224 with:
Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive
Read up on it and it sounds like you should be fine as long as this meets your needs:

The BN450M is designed to maximize runtime for devices such as multiple PCs and television equipment that consume high amounts of power. After these devices are safely shut down, the BN450M continues to run low power loads (such as home networking equipment) for over 3 hours during extended outages.

Managed to get up to level 18 on Alienware Arena before I had to give up.

Even using that glitch, going from level 2 to 18 was a soul crushing experience. What kind of Psychopath do you need to be to level up to 20+ the regular way?

I’m about to get assassins creed black flag, is the season pass worth getting, it’s also 6.75$, the gold edition is a bit more, it contains the season pass and more junk.

Managed to get up to level 18 on Alienware Arena before I had to give up.

Even using that glitch, going from level 2 to 18 was a soul crushing experience. What kind of Psychopath do you need to be to level up to 20+ the regular way?
You just need to get a comment on the first few pages of popular posts, like giveaways.

If you can manage that, you can get a lot of points for almost no effort.

I’m about to get assassins creed black flag, is the season pass worth getting, it’s also 6.75$, the gold edition is a bit more, it contains the season pass and more junk.
If you are getting Black Flag....no matter what you do, make sure you get Freedom Cry DLC at some point in time. Whether you buy Freedom Cry alone now or later; or you say decide to buy the Season Pass or Gold Edition just to get Freedom Cry - yeah, it's very good and shouldn't be missed. Can't go wrong w/ Freedom Cry DLC. The story and character development is really good, especially in the 4-7 hours it might last you. Freedom Cry's a great DLC.

If you are getting Black Flag....no matter what you do, make sure you get Freedom Cry DLC at some point in time. Whether you buy Freedom Cry alone now or later; or you say decide to buy the Season Pass or Gold Edition just to get Freedom Cry - yeah, it's very good and shouldn't be missed. Can't go wrong w/ Freedom Cry DLC. The story and character development is really good, especially in the 4-7 hours it might last you. Freedom Cry's a great DLC.
Can you recommend the Freedom Cry DLC?

Can you recommend the Freedom Cry DLC?
It's basically a much shorter AC experience with really good storytelling. You won't get tons of side-quests or other typical UbiSoft open-world stuff, which can really bog their games down after long-winded periods of time; especially since they come out normally every year or two. Heck, even sometimes UbiSoft will release 2 AC games in one year (i.e. see AC: Rogue and AC: Unity released in the same year). Freedom Cry's a much smaller, shorter, focused, and tighter experience.

If buying AC4:BF on Steam, you should just add Freedom Cry DLC to the cart for $3.39. It's certainly worth that. I don't think the other DLC's (which are in the Season Pass) are necessary - since those are mostly weapons/items, MP characters, or other time-saver stuff.

I guess my only other question is how likely is it black flag drops to $5 on the steam Christmas sale? I’m busy playing assassins creed origins, breath of the wild, Mario odyssey plus a glut of ds games I just picked up, and can easily wait a month, or 6 months, or a year to pick up black flag. Black flag is at the top of my steam wishlist though

I guess my only other question is how likely is it black flag drops to $5 on the steam Christmas sale? I’m busy playing assassins creed origins, breath of the wild, Mario odyssey plus a glut of ds games I just picked up, and can easily wait a month, or 6 months, or a year to pick up black flag. Black flag is at the top of my steam wishlist though
I would suspect the same price as you see right now.

Let's consult ITAD on Black Flag:

Black Flag (base) - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=black+flag#/page:game/info?plain=assassinscreedivblackflag

Freedom Cry DLC - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=freedom+cry#/page:game/info?plain=assassinscreedfreedomcry

Black Flag Gold - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=black+flag+gold#/page:game/info?plain=assassinscreedivblackflaggoldedition

UbiSoft has a history of pricing-up their games on Steam, but selling their games cheaper that use only their own service UPlay. Only way you can get a Steam-version of AC4: BF right now is through Steam directly - so, keep that also in mind. Remember, Steam's the most popular PC gaming digital service and also that Valve takes around 30% or so of every sale on Steam - so UbiSoft often now over-charge on Steam versions of their games, these days.

Non-Steam versions (i.e. UPlay only versions) of Black Flag have hit as low as $5.22, according to ITAD.

AC4: BF has been $5 historically, but nothing on ITAD in there says which one hit $5. So, maybe it was GMG or Nuuvem, who pretty much I think is no longer tracked by ITAD?

Black Flag Gold has been $7.72 - but again, not listed where; so it could've been GMG or Nuuvem.

AC4: Freedom Cry has been $2.49 before.

I don't recommend you play many UbiSoft style games, - in a row, one after another...especially AC titles themselves, in particular, since they come out often yearly or every 2 years. Space 'em out. Otherwise, you might catch onto the formula very quickly or really run tired of the series very fast. They really don't change much in their games per iteration, TBH.

Let's consult ITAD on Black Flag:
Black Flag (base) - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=black+flag#/page:game/info?plain=assassinscreedivblackflag
Freedom Cry DLC - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=freedom+cry#/page:game/info?plain=assassinscreedfreedomcry
Black Flag Gold - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=black+flag+gold#/page:game/info?plain=assassinscreedivblackflaggoldedition

UbiSoft has a history of pricing-up their games on Steam, but selling their games cheaper that use only their own service UPlay. Only way you can get a Steam-version of AC4: BF right now is through Steam directly - so, keep that also in mind. Remember, Steam's the most popular PC gaming digital service and also that Valve takes around 30% or so of every sale on Steam - so UbiSoft often now over-charge on Steam versions of their games, these days.

Non-Steam versions (i.e. UPlay only versions) of Black Flag have hit as low as $5.22, according to ITAD.
AC4: BF has been $5 historically, but nothing on ITAD in there says which one hit $5. So, maybe it was GMG or Nuuvem, who pretty much I think is no longer tracked by ITAD?
Black Flag Gold has been $7.72 - but again, not listed where; so it could've been GMG or Nuuvem.
AC4: Freedom Cry has been $2.49 before.

I don't recommend you play many UbiSoft style games, - in a row, one after another...especially AC titles themselves, in particular, since they come out often yearly or every 2 years. Space 'em out. Otherwise, you might catch onto the formula very quickly or really run tired of the series very fast. They really don't change much in their games per iteration, TBH.
You can go to price history and show specifically what the pricing was on steam. The current price is the historical low for the Steam version. I don't know if it'll hit $5 on steam any time soon.

Also, I think Freedom Cry and one other DLC for BF have stand alone versions that can be bought.

I would suspect the same price as you see right now.
Agreed.

Black Flag is one of their better games in the series.

It's not really much of an AC title, TBH - as it feels like you do more pirate-y things than say typical AC stuff. TBH, that was probably for the better though - as it's the best AC titles since AC2 & ACB. It just does so many different things w/ the naval stuff there and that also breaks-up the constant traversal from running around that was beat-to-death in earlier AC's, that it's just a lot of fun from that naval stuff alone.

For me, AC looks like this:

AC2 = ACB > AC4 & FC > AC: Syndicate > AC3 > AC Revelations > AC1.

Keep in mind, I have not finished AC Unity; have not even started Rogue & Liberation; and don't own AC: Origins yet.

I suspect, for me, Unity might be somewhere b/t AC3 and AC1. As beautiful as it looks and while the story did seem good, I just...wasn't very fond of its gameplay, as it's more of the beat-to-death AC2 gameplay that's been tiring the series out. Would have to finish it up, to throw it in my AC placement list.

Thanks for the responses, I’ll probably wait for now instead of adding another game to the steam backlog, but I will definitely make it my next steam purchase, probably

bread's done
Back