Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I liked the naval stuff because, in my heart of hearts, I'd rather be playing a slick modern version of Sid Meier's Pirates! than an Assassin's Creed game.

If you are getting Black Flag....no matter what you do, make sure you get Freedom Cry DLC at some point in time. Whether you buy Freedom Cry alone now or later; or you say decide to buy the Season Pass or Gold Edition just to get Freedom Cry - yeah, it's very good and shouldn't be missed. Can't go wrong w/ Freedom Cry DLC. The story and character development is really good, especially in the 4-7 hours it might last you. Freedom Cry's a great DLC.
You literally just said the same exact thing 5x.

Read up on it and it sounds like you should be fine as long as this meets your needs:

The BN450M is designed to maximize runtime for devices such as multiple PCs and television equipment that consume high amounts of power. After these devices are safely shut down, the BN450M continues to run low power loads (such as home networking equipment) for over 3 hours during extended outages.
thanks. Bought the $25 apc 450VA but i think i will return it and get a better unit for $60-$90. The 450VA does not seem like it would reliably handle pc and monitor etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my $100 Fakey Haul

Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition

Resident Evil 7 + Season Pass

The Evil Within 2

Dishonored 2

Day of Infamy

Technomancer

Plus a generous soul tossed me a copy of The Turing Test

Used up all but 3 zGold and cashed in my Blue Coins as well.  I'm officially tapped out.  I have something like 23,000 zSilver to cash in for Target or eBay gift cards once Razer restocks.

I don't think CS:GO gets especially cheap these days to discourage people using cheap copies to circumvent VAC bans.

But then you also can't stock up and hoard cheap gift copies any longer so maybe they'll be more willing to discount these days.

My "haul", such as it is:

But first, let me say, I spent a great deal of time looking at my wishlist in Enhanced Steam and a majority of items have been cheaper. Not last year or during the big sales... but this year! I assume that lends weight to the theory that publishers dislike big discounts for extended time periods.

Come on Steam, ditch the vanilla sales and come up with something new. Other retailers are killing them with better deals via quicker sales because of Valve's reluctance to provide customer service.

A side note: be sure to check the Steam Complete the Bundles on SteamDB

My crap:

Hard West + DLC
Anomaly (Complete the Bundle)
Defense Zone 3 (Complete the Bundle)
Hero Siege DLC

Cursed Treasure 2

Total Spent: $8 :oldman:

Wait. Toasters don't have shoulders!
wm0c0lg.gif

Is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided + Season pass worth $9.44? Lot of (warranted) hate for the DLC, but the game as a whole worthy?
MD base-game is great, gameplay-wise. Definitely evolves from the last game, w/ the big hub and how connected the game-world feels. Immersion factor's excellent here. And the whole experimental mods you can put in your body is pretty cool, too. Graphics are excellent, provided you have the system that can handle it.

Problem is: at the MD base-game's very end, it just...drops story-lines entirely, sets up some story-lines for the next game, and feels like something else is missing. A whole chapter, storyline arc, and/or entire game here feels left out.

Most of the DLC's are basically, more or less, shorter & tighter versions of MD. You'll like 'em, but they aren't really pushing anything forward, gameplay-wise and story-wise.

A Criminal Past is great and experiments w/ the formula quite a bit - as decisions you make can be important story-wise and also impact how you play the game (i.e. you can try the Dishonored's Outsider-style "force yourself to make the game not use Mods and disable them on you" or "use Mods, but prepare for some drawbacks and penalties for doing so"). The setting of the prison is also excellent, as well.

Though, the DLC's have their own stories. They still do very little to tie into the base-game's main story. It does so in a very minor way and certainly doesn't finish-up the base game's incomplete story. After everything's said and done, the game's story is still incom--

My "haul:"

I reupped with a year subscription to humble monthly and used the 20 dollar credit to splurge on Doom and Deus Ex Mankind Divided w/season pass

side note: I highly recommend The Talos Principle, which I'm playing atm, it's a really good puzzle game and imo the best puzzler I've played since Portal 2. 

Been playing quite a bit of Prey (2017).

It feels like System Shock 2 (open-world space station) & Bioshock (especially w/ the way you can freeze people w/ gloo-gun and then slam 'em with a wrench) had a baby - but with some twists, of course.

You can use the GLOO Gun to freeze enemies, put out fires & shoot this "GLOO" to stick to walls (so you can use the "GLOO" to climb up higher places; or make platforms to walk or jump across; etc). There are also gadgets, guns and psi-powers that you can use to take on your enemies, too.

Enemies seem to often jump out of nowhere. You could look or touch any object - say like a chest, lockers, or God knows what-else - and it could be a monster. Who knows. They mimic anything and everything, pretty much. There's been spider variations of this alien life-room, human-like versions of the monsters, etc.

As usual, per Arkane games, Lore is everywhere - e-mails, audio-logs, video-logs, etc etc. They often shape the game-world, story, characters, provide background, etc etc. As usual, Arkane really knows how to build an excellent playground of a game-world with tons of atmosphere.

The graphics are really good & detailed here, as you'd probably expect from Arkane. Running at 1440p, I really can't complain - about 50-60 frames on a regular basis here. It runs and looks great.

I spent about 3 hours back a few months ago with the Demo and was quite impressed and around 4.4 hours more impressive hours with Full version on Steam this weekend, picking up exactly where I left off. Simply put, if you've been looking for more System Shock 2, Bioshock, and Arkane throwing some twists of their own - you really should play this.

So far, so awesome.

So, I played on a Steam Link at my friend's and now I'm convinced to leave my old laptop next to my TV and connect via an HDMI cable. I've never been a PC gamer so I'm pretty unknowledgeable about the market and library. What games would you recommend that translate well to TV play? Some games I already have that I'd like to try on TV play include Valkyria Chronicles and Left 4 Dead 2.

Some things about my set-up:

I'm thinking about getting Metal Gear Rising while it's on the 75% sale. I know I can get a used 360 copy and play on Xbox One, but I figure this would be inaugural game to try.

So, I played on a Steam Link at my friend's and now I'm convinced to leave my old laptop next to my TV and connect via an HDMI cable. I've never been a PC gamer so I'm pretty unknowledgeable about the market and library. What games would you recommend that translate well to TV play? Some games I already have that I'd like to try on TV play include Valkyria Chronicles and Left 4 Dead 2.

Some things about my set-up:

I'm thinking about getting Metal Gear Rising while it's on the 75% sale. I know I can get a used 360 copy and play on Xbox One, but I figure this would be inaugural game to try.
About Steam Link - I have it built into my 4K Samsung HDTV. Pretty much, if you're using it wirelessly and all - make sure you have not much interference & have a good WiFi. Otherwise, you're screwed. I barely have any framerate drops with it.

For playing PC games on a TV - eh, just get some console-style games that you'd definitely ONLY use a gamepad with. Think like Mortal Kombat: Komplete, Mortal Kombat XL, Street Fighter V, WWE 2K16, NFS games, Final Fantasy games, Dark Souls games, etc etc.

I've looked at my wishlist multiple times and even with $30 in Steam wallet, I still can't bring myself to buy anything, especially this close to the winter sale. Come on Steam, I want to spend this money. The only thing that's even remotely tempting is Friday the 13th, but again, winter sale. Dead by Daylight can scratch that itch for another month. 

I've looked at my wishlist multiple times and even with $30 in Steam wallet, I still can't bring myself to buy anything, especially this close to the winter sale. Come on Steam, I want to spend this money. The only thing that's even remotely tempting is Friday the 13th, but again, winter sale. Dead by Daylight can scratch that itch for another month.
KF2 cosmetics

Same, there's a good bit of stuff that's just a bit outside what I'm willing to pay. Nothing sticks out.

If this year is like the last two, the sale prices for Thanksgiving ARE the Winter Sale prices for 99.5% of the items.  Fingers crossed though.

Prey is fun but its hacking "system" can go eat a bag of racoon dicks.  Shit is making me long for the crap system in Watch Dogs.

After my buying spree this weekend, the only stuff I'm really interested in is Nier: Automata and maybe Hellblade.  But if they're not at a price I like, I can live without until summer or a daily special.

Well, I would be willing to pay you for some of that Steam Wallet if you want to liquidate any of it. (I really want Mutant Football League but no sale means, well, no sale.)

$200 34'' UW Monitor:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1279021-REG/lg_34um59_p_34_21_9_curved.html

Probably won't find better bang for buck, but it's only 2560 x 1080 and some people recommend at least 1440p at this size. Freesync as well.
Thank you for posting. I clicked the link, but was item was out of stock. The good news is that if it reached this price once, it should again. $200 is insane for 34 inch ultrawide. Yes, it would be better if higher resolution, but for $200 I would not complain.

Final haul of the Steam Autumn Sale

Cosmic Star Heroine

Darkest Dungeon

Deus Ex Collection (Deus Ex GOTY, Invisible War, The Fall, and Mankind Divided with Season Pass) (Got it all for 12 bucks due to owning Human Revolution and its Director's Cut). MysterD's review of Mankind Divided convinced me to pull the trigger while saving some cash on the side

Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Press X to Not Die Special Edition

Templar Battleforce

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen

-Whew- Finally, I can let my tormented deal seeking soul rest for a while....at least until the next big sale

What I bought in the sale: Nothing

I bought Witcher 3 GOTY last January and still haven't installed the dang thing.  That wouldn't matter much except I paid 29.99 for it and it's now 19.99.  It's like I'm paying rent to keep a game sitting in my library doing nothing.

I still wouldn't feel bad if it had just been some game.  This was an "OMG, I can't wait to get that.  I GOTTA play it!" game and I still managed to somehow not even install it.

Wait for winter sale. It's just in less than a month ahead. I always thought that autum and winter sale shouldnt be that close together but well...

I guess my only other question is how likely is it black flag drops to $5 on the steam Christmas sale? I’m busy playing assassins creed origins, breath of the wild, Mario odyssey plus a glut of ds games I just picked up, and can easily wait a month, or 6 months, or a year to pick up black flag. Black flag is at the top of my steam wishlist though

Let's consult ITAD on Black Flag:

Black Flag (base) - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=black+flag#/page:game/info?plain=assassinscreedivblackflag

Freedom Cry DLC - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=freedom+cry#/page:game/info?plain=assassinscreedfreedomcry

Black Flag Gold - https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=black+flag+gold#/page:game/info?plain=assassinscreedivblackflaggoldedition

UbiSoft has a history of pricing-up their games on Steam, but selling their games cheaper that use only their own service UPlay. Only way you can get a Steam-version of AC4: BF right now is through Steam directly - so, keep that also in mind. Remember, Steam's the most popular PC gaming digital service and also that Valve takes around 30% or so of every sale on Steam - so UbiSoft often now over-charge on Steam versions of their games, these days.

Non-Steam versions (i.e. UPlay only versions) of Black Flag have hit as low as $5.22, according to ITAD.

AC4: BF has been $5 historically, but nothing on ITAD in there says which one hit $5. So, maybe it was GMG or Nuuvem, who pretty much I think is no longer tracked by ITAD?

Black Flag Gold has been $7.72 - but again, not listed where; so it could've been GMG or Nuuvem.

AC4: Freedom Cry has been $2.49 before.

I don't recommend you play many UbiSoft style games, - in a row, one after another...especially AC titles themselves, in particular, since they come out often yearly or every 2 years. Space 'em out. Otherwise, you might catch onto the formula very quickly or really run tired of the series very fast. They really don't change much in their games per iteration, TBH.

You can go to price history and show specifically what the pricing was on steam. The current price is the historical low for the Steam version. I don't know if it'll hit $5 on steam any time soon.

Also, I think Freedom Cry and one other DLC for BF have stand alone versions that can be bought.

Agreed.

Black Flag is one of their better games in the series.

It's not really much of an AC title, TBH - as it feels like you do more pirate-y things than say typical AC stuff. TBH, that was probably for the better though - as it's the best AC titles since AC2 & ACB. It just does so many different things w/ the naval stuff there and that also breaks-up the constant traversal from running around that was beat-to-death in earlier AC's, that it's just a lot of fun from that naval stuff alone.

For me, AC looks like this:

AC2 = ACB > AC4 & FC > AC: Syndicate > AC3 > AC Revelations > AC1.

Keep in mind, I have not finished AC Unity; have not even started Rogue & Liberation; and don't own AC: Origins yet.

I suspect, for me, Unity might be somewhere b/t AC3 and AC1. As beautiful as it looks and while the story did seem good, I just...wasn't very fond of its gameplay, as it's more of the beat-to-death AC2 gameplay that's been tiring the series out. Would have to finish it up, to throw it in my AC placement list.

Thanks for the responses, I’ll probably wait for now instead of adding another game to the steam backlog, but I will definitely make it my next steam purchase, probably
CAG ... where people can spend mutiple man hours on a quest to save one man $1.79

If you feel this way now, the Winter Sale is not going to inspire you to spend that. The discounts are going to be the same. Even the game you're eyeballing has the same discount it did at Halloween. They're not going to make it lower less than a month from now. The only advantage Autumn provides is an early indication of what something is going to cost. Before the elimination of flash, community choice and dailies, it was always more prudent to wait til Winter. Now? If you want it, get it.

I generally am in the same boat. I have a nice little surplus of wallet waiting to be burned, but hesitating pulling the trigger every time, largely due to pedestrian discounts.

Haul Post for lurking Motokis

Pro Evo Soccer 2018

Black Watchmen + DLC

Euro Truck DLC

Muri Truck DLC

ESO Morrowind Collectors upgrade (from Fanatical)

Being thoroughly invested into Elder Scrolls Online limited my impulse purchases this sale, and probably will carry over through the holiday season.  Just don't have time to waste on other games when there is cotton to be picked!

For playing PC games on a TV - eh, just get some console-style games that you'd definitely ONLY use a gamepad with. Think like Mortal Kombat: Komplete, Mortal Kombat XL, Street Fighter V, WWE 2K16, NFS games, Final Fantasy games, Dark Souls games, etc etc.
I'll second this. Think about games that you would play with a controller on your PC and it's those. Avoid RTS and shooters, if possible. No matter how they try to sugarcoat with "aim assist" features, consoles will always be the inferior choice for shooters, unless you're plugging a keyboard and mouse into yours (and then unless you have a tray table for your TV dinner and a spare for your mouse and keyboard, that won't work too well, either).

bread's done
Back