Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
PUBG on the other hand I have 380 hours in and still have not gotten bored, though the cheaters are seriously frustrating sometimes. New map coming next month too. I don't know why people play those boring RPGs. BR is where it's at except Fortnite, fuck Fortnite. I used to like Mama Rosa's pizza, but I haven't had it in a while and never had the deep dish. I've tried Screaming Sicilian and other "fancy" frozen pizzas and tbh the price increase is never justified IMO. At that point I might as well pay $5.99 for a large or medium from Dominos or whatever chain is running a carry out special that week.
Play POE. Free and amazing...oh and No cheaters.

PoE is great (at least it was a few years ago when I played it, heard it's only gotten much better), but that game is so overwhelming for a new player. A game halfway between PoE and Diablo 3 would be perfect: not too simple, not too complicated.

PoE is great (at least it was a few years ago when I played it, heard it's only gotten much better), but that game is so overwhelming for a new player. A game halfway between PoE and Diablo 3 would be perfect: not too simple, not too complicated.
Grim Dawn is a nice in-between. It has the whole "dual class" system à la Titan Quest. Lots of build variety with that but it's not like PoE where you need a PhD to figure out how/where to allocate your skills.

Them's Fighting Herds has just been released on Steam, although it was recently changed to Early Access (apparently they need some more time to get Story Mode finished, as well as a few other loose ends like some visuals).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/574980/Thems_Fightin_Herds/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1FNzORTRs

It's normally $14.99, but owners of Skullgirls get a 25% discount until March 8th.  There are currently only 6 characters and Story Mode isn't done yet, but there's still Arcade Mode, Vs Play, Survival Mode, Training Mode, Online Play, Target Mode and something called Pixel Lobby.  Just throwing this out there for anyone who might want a new indie fighting game.

Also Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet has apparently been running one of those tiered pre-order campaigns where the more pre-orders it gets the more pre-order content it unlocks.  It just recently hit Tier 3, which gives people who pre-order a free copy of Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment when it releases next month (similar to when pre-ordering Tales of Zestiria got you a free copy of Tales of Symphonia when it released months later).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/626690/SWORD_ART_ONLINE_Fatal_Bullet/

The game releases tomorrow so I assume that bonus goes away at that point.

Pretty sure everyone here already has it, but 1st regular thread degenerate that quotes this can have my "Life is Stank: NOT a game version of Blue is the Warmest Color and that saddens me" Humbly key

That Sword Art Online game tempts me slightly.  Not a big fan of the show itself but the game looks interesting.  I think the freebie game was the one that had a ridiculously bad translation though.  I wonder if this version will be the same or updated.

Well, I feel stupid.  Anyone know if you can get a refund on Fanatical?  Bought into the Talisman one (I wanted Horus Heresy) but apparently got the original Talisman one (which I already own).  Waste of 12 bucks.  (formerly Bundlestars)

Well, I feel stupid. Anyone know if you can get a refund on Fanatical? Bought into the Talisman one (I wanted Horus Heresy) but apparently got the original Talisman one (which I already own). Waste of 12 bucks. (formerly Bundlestars)
Did you reveal the keys? If not, getting a refund should be easy. If you did, I'm not sure if they'd refund you but you can try contacting them. I've heard their support is pretty good.

No way, I refuse to believe there are more MysterDs out there
true-west-stolen-toasters.jpg

Them Fighting Herds is actually produced by Lauren Faust?

This is ridiculous
It's actually fun, LabZero even gave them the Skullgirl's engine for the game.

If we can get a group going for Sword Art i'm down to buy it.

I'm sure the pvp/co-op will be empty month after for that type of game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I feel stupid. Anyone know if you can get a refund on Fanatical? Bought into the Talisman one (I wanted Horus Heresy) but apparently got the original Talisman one (which I already own). Waste of 12 bucks. (formerly Bundlestars)
I want to buy the Talisman Bundle that Bundlestars has, but knowing that there are 3 more DLCs (+ possible new characters) makes me want to wait....if the season pass was around $15 I'd probably pick it up...ah well, Bundlesharts will be running another bundle in the future with all the DLCs..I can wait them out...

Pretty sure everyone here already has it, but 1st regular thread degenerate that quotes this can have my "Life is Stank: NOT a game version of Blue is the Warmest Color and that saddens me" Humbly key
If I'm not regular enough, my join date should provide some cred...

Edit: I don't think "regular enough" was the best choice of words. Sounds like I need a heaping dose of Metamucil.

serious question time. do those specialty pizza ovens cook as well as say, a huge ass toaster oven ala Fox? does it make the crust nice and crispy? or does it taste like it was shoved in a microwave?

serious question time. do those specialty pizza ovens cook as well as say, a huge ass toaster oven ala Fox? does it make the crust nice and crispy? or does it taste like it was shoved in a microwave?
The pizazz makes crispy crust, I thought I would have ditched it like my George Foreman, but I really do use the thing, go figure.

So I just bought Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures from Voidu -- first time I've ever bought something from them, but they're listed on ITAD, so I figured I'd give them a shot.  Transaction went through, and I got a Steam key.

Except the key was for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Just sent off an e-mail to their Support about this.  Anyone else with any Voidu horror stories?

Played some Battlefield 1 last night.

Namely, checked out The War Stories Campaign, since I have played the awesome MP during some BF1 Free Trials before.

In particular, checked out the Gambling Pilot's War Story. Man, it was awesome! Non-stop killer, no filler for about 2 hours. Had a blast with it. With some linear missions w/ somewhat closed areas here and there; and some areas which are huge maps and have BF Multiplayer-like feel to them.

Also did some of the Tank War Story last night where you're guiding Big Bess. So far, with this game's mix of having rather short mini-campaigns in the Campaign Mode, it feels like DICE's often weakness of dialogue and storytelling doesn't have much time to really sink in b/c of this style of having short campaigns. In a sense, it reminds me of movie Dunkirk with "all killer, no filler" for storytelling and actual action.

Also, some of the missions feel like a MP game mixed with a SP game, as there are times you're holding choke points and controlling points of that sort just like you would in the MP - but you keep pushing along the linear map (at some point) like a SP game. So, not only is it a (linear) Campaign, it feels like it's also teaching you the MP a bit too w/ the way it's doing objectives, in case you decide to later go online w/ the MP (if you haven't already). Very cool mix of things.

SP isn't usually DICE's strong-suit for their games and especially their BF games, as it's normally the MP. But, this could be something special, if the other mini-campaigns are also great. Might be the best SP Campaign since BC2.

BF1 PC runs great at 1440p with a mix of Medium and High settings, in which the game runs great & looks great at 60FPS. I probably should mess with the settings, as the game rarely even drops below 60fps here on my PC (i7 950 Bloomfield; 16 GB RAM; GTX 970; W7 64-bit).

Must play more!

I'm sure the frequency of your BMs is more than satisfactory.
Let me tell you, I have the best... nah, I'm sick of the Trump shtick. I'll leave that to the cat. And thanks for the key.

Voidu's response to their key screwup:

Dear player,

due to an unusual error on our distributor's side, unfortunately we couldn't deliver you the key for this product. Because of that we decided to fully refund your purchase. The refund has been completed just about now.

So, free Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade on Steam, I guess. Now I have my own "y u no bai" story. Meanwhile, the price of Lego Indiana Jones went up from $1.41 to $4.71, so I'm guessing "couldn't deliver you the key" actually means "won't honor our price mistake".

So, free Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade on Steam, I guess. Now I have my own "y u no bai" story. Meanwhile, the price of Lego Indiana Jones went up from $1.41 to $4.71, so I'm guessing "couldn't deliver you the key" actually means "won't honor our price mistake".
It sounds a bit more like "shady site gonna shady" to me. At least you got a refund.

Let me tell you, I have the best... nah, I'm sick of the Trump shtick. I'll leave that to the cat. And thanks for the key.

Whoever they got the keys from must've mislabeled them. Supposedly it's a legit store. I do believe they get some keys directly from publishers, but it's likely a GMG situation where some keys are legit and some are from an "authorized distributor". So.. semi shady.

Today's was my 29th day, and I'm pretty sure after tomorrow I'm going to skip at least a day just to make sure this doesn't become a habit. 

The Vermintide 2 thing is on Alienware Arena too, Level 9 I think... Might be out of keys, I don't know.

EDIT:

Level 10 and tons of keys left.

Myself and around 4 friends fakeyed vermintide 2 the other day. Hope it's as good or better than the first.

If anyone else is grabbing it hit me up and we can get some games in.

Finished up Battlefield 1's War Stories Campaign(s) [i.e. Single Player Component].

Took about somewhere b/t 7-8 hours in total - but the "All killer, no filler" approach here in every regard. With all short stories here not one long campaign but numerous short campaign and insanely action-packed campaigns from front-to-back, nothing feels like it ever goes on too long. Everything feels just about right.

DICE really doesn't seem to be weighed down trying to chase the CoD dragon with a CoD style campaign here by having one long story, lots of character dialogue, and character development - as each story feels like its own short TV episode (30 minutes to an hour) or a typical length of a movie (1 hour and a half to 2 hours).

Missions with a mix of some linear COD missions and huge open-spaced BF-style maps and objectives (capture areas defend areas) with varying types of combat (being a pilot in a plane, driving a tank, being on the ground as a soldier, being a armored soldier on the ground; etc etc) make the War Stories shine, never feeling like you're stuck with one character, environment, and/or mission way too long.

The War Stories are all intense, chaotic, and fantastic.

Couple the above right along with the game's fantastic multiplayer campaign - this is DICE's best Battlefield game since Bad Company 2.

Out-freaking-standing.

Finished up Battlefield 1's War Stories Campaign(s) [i.e. Single Player Component].

Took about somewhere b/t 7-8 hours in total
Did they add a bunch of content post release? I remember it taking about five hours.

I felt like the opening segment was pretty brilliant and different, but the rest of the campaigns never nearly reached that height and were more or less once you ignored the fluff, really rather uninspired, standard first-person-shooter gameplay.

Speaking of world war shooters, played a bit of CoD:WWII free multiplayer weekend today. Pretty fun stuff overall. Doesn't seem very well optimized, especially the particle effects seem to bog down the frame rate quite a bit.

But my god, the first few games I played seemed to have a hell of a lot of cheaters: first match someone shooting through walls across the map, and then in the next two matches encountered two aimbots. Since then didn't see any more cheating myself for a couple hours, although I joined one game late-fill and everyone was leaving saying someone on the other team was hacking, wasn't enough time left in the round to tell for myself and then the lobby emptied.

But still, encountering three or four cheaters in just an hour or so was astonishing: never seen it that bad in a videogame before. Is Activision just focused on consoles and doesn't care to combat cheating on PC? I guess people are taking advantage of the free weekend to run hacks on sock accounts? Didn't have such a bad problem with Siege free weekend or on any of the Overwatch free weekends.

Did they add a bunch of content post release? I remember it taking about five hours.

I felt like the opening segment was pretty brilliant and different, but the rest of the campaigns never nearly reached that height and were more or less once you ignored the fluff, really rather uninspired, standard first-person-shooter gameplay.
I have BF1: Revolution.

Anyways, there's 1 Prologue (the opening segment) and then the 5 Mini-Campaigns/War Stories.

bread's done
Back