Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Would not surprise me if it hits Steam later, if the game tanks on launch , i.e. ESO and Quake Champions.
It won't take because there are enough Bethes-derp loyalists who will buy anything. Speaking of... QuakeCon sale on Humble. Whopping 50% discounts on fresh new titles like Morrowind, Fallout New Vegas, and Quake 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't take because there are enough Bethes-derp loyalists who will buy anything. Speaking of... QuakeCon sale on Humble. Whopping 50% discounts on fresh new titles like Morrowind, Fallout New Vegas, and Quake 4.
Yeah, Quake 4 at 50% off is pretty sorry. I'm also annoyed that the Fallout 4 Season Pass continues to be grossly overpriced. That's a half-assed sale if I ever saw one.

Bethesda trying hard to be Activision?

Can any of you Prey loving blokes comment on the Mooncrash dlc? cheers

Edit: Also, fuck Bethesda, etc, etc, etc.

But seriously, they're going to ruin RAGE 2.

If Fallout 76 ever hits $10, I don't care what version I get.

I would prefer Steam though, of course - as long as there isn't extra forced bullcrap (i.e. Bethesda.Net Launcher).

Really do hope FO 76 launches sometime later on Steam...

People are going nuts for the $299-329 B-stock 1080s that just went up for midweek madness.  Same with the brand new $400 1080s that EVGA keeps listing on Ebay.   It's like omg people have some self-discipline and just wait two more weeks.

Bought one of these fine, very fine laptops since the GPU in my current Dell died some time ago. Ready for the fake news media to tell me how SAD it is.

ASUS VivoBook R510IK-LHFX 15.6" AMD FX-Series FX-9830P (3.0 GHz) AMD Radeon RX 560 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop

Radeon RX 560 4 GB GDDR5
AMD FX-Series FX-9830P (3.0 GHz)
8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD
15.6" 1920 x 1080 Matte
15.00" x 9.90" x 1.10"-1.20" 5.40 lbs.
DVD±R/RW
1 x VGA 1 x HDMI
1 x USB 2.0, 2 x U

for $524.99

Bought one of these fine, very fine laptops since the GPU in my current Dell died some time ago. Ready for the fake news media to tell me how SAD it is.

ASUS VivoBook R510IK-LHFX 15.6" AMD FX-Series FX-9830P (3.0 GHz) AMD Radeon RX 560 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop

Radeon RX 560 4 GB GDDR5
8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD
15.6" 1920 x 1080 Matte
DVD±R/RW
1 x VGA 1 x HDMI
1 x USB 2.0, 2 x U

for $524.99
Does it have G-sync? I heard 15'' G-Sync gaming is where it's at.

Elder Scrolls 8 confirmed no anything, Bethesda will just encourage people to meet up and LARP
But only in Zenimax sponsored complexes. Bethesda will sell themed clothes/weapons/armor/books/etc that users make in special "Tamriel Shops". Tickets to attend LARP events will be available for Pre-Order at Gamestop and include limited edition patterns to craft cloth armor for your cat.

Surprised at the trade value that previously free games with mediocre reviews like Earthfall have on Barter. For those with enough Alienware levels, there's a Level 10+ Citadel: Forged with Fire giveaway going on. I did not win the mass 4k key giveaway on Steamgifts, but this is a nice consolation. Besides being on the Chrono.gg shop, I feel that Earthfall is likely to be given away again.

I think they give away these multiplayer heavy games to build up a player base, but jokes on them, as most of us probably just idle these games for cards.

Thanks for heads up,  worth checking in with alienware every day for a few weeks to get your level up.  Little slower now,  but less work,  couple of clicks a day and let the free points roll in.

Played Earthfall with Fox and it was a competent L4D with aliens.  Not revolutionary,  but fun and well done. Seemed relatively bug free when we played.

Radeon RX 560 4 GB GDDR5
8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD
15.6" 1920 x 1080 Matte
DVD±R/RW
1 x VGA 1 x HDMI
1 x USB 2.0, 2 x U

for $524.99
Cool.

Looks like the 4GB RX 560 laptop will do you a solid at anywhere from 720p to 1080p w/ 30fps or 60fps at Medium or above, given these benchies:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-RX-560-Laptop.194834.0.html

Not bad for a laptop at $525, TBH.

Enjoy.

Thanks for heads up, worth checking in with alienware every day for a few weeks to get your level up. Little slower now, but less work, couple of clicks a day and let the free points roll in.

Played Earthfall with Fox and it was a competent L4D with aliens. Not revolutionary, but fun and well done. Seemed relatively bug free when we played.
That's good to hear. Was not level 10+ at the time that was given away, so missed out. Hover was my favourite out of the games given away on Alienware Arena. Perhaps I will get Earthfall on Chrono, if its still there by the time I get enough coins.

Does it have G-sync? I heard 15'' G-Sync gaming is where it's at.
I believe it has H-Sync. Which is much better. Right? Definitely. Much better. It has the best, the very best H-Sync you've ever seen. Believe me. No laptop H-Syncs better than my laptop. Everyone says so.

I believe it has H-Sync. Which is much better. Right? Definitely. Much better. It has the best, the very best H-Sync you've ever seen. Believe me. No laptop H-Syncs better than my laptop. Everyone says so.
You went AMD, so you would have F-Sync.

You would have to look into Freesync.

More on that here from Linus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ey-KObDABI

EDIT:

You have AMD from buying that laptop - so if it so happens both your AMD card & your monitor support Freesync, I would say this: USE IT.

Killing-off screen-tearing & saving any sort of frame-loss is a wonderful thing; even if you might be stuck with a max of 60hz/60fps (depends on max number of Hz on your monitor and what your card can handle).

I ordered a few days ago a Viewsonic XG 2560 24.5'' 240hz G-Sync 1080p TN monitor from OfficeDepot.

It was on "sale" for $159.99.

Normally is around $480 (MSRP).

Still waiting for order to go through...or get cancelled.

We'll have to wait & see what happens.

oh yeah I def saw that glitch sale the other day.  nice score man, I hope ur order gets filled. 

Personally, I think I'm going to wait for something cheap with:

• Gsync
  • 144 hz at least
  • 1440p, if not 4k
Might be waiting awhile lol.

my Viewsonic 32inch 4k monitor from the glitch will be here Friday :O 

#humblebrag

Hope it doesnt suck ass...

oh yeah I def saw that glitch sale the other day. nice score man, I hope ur order gets filled.
I hope so!

And thanks, I appreciate it.

I saw that price and really couldn't pass up the chance of connecting a real monitor w/ G-Sync support at a crazy 240hz to connect to my SC15 15.6'' laptop.

Probably can also hook that up to my desktop for certain games that run "meh" at 1440p to just stay w/ 1080p on some games (like WWE 2K18).

EDIT:

Personally, I think I'm going to wait for something cheap with:
  • Gsync
  • 144 hz at least
  • 1440p, if not 4k
Might be waiting awhile lol.
Yeah, you might be waiting for a while for a regular sale!

Or who knows if you'll sooner or later get a nice glitch "sale!"

I would love to get a 1440p monitor w/ G-Sync for my desktop. 120hz would be my minimum, like my laptop handles (out the box). G-Sync is incredible: no screen tears, smooth sailings if you take hits from intense action & effects, and frames don't get lost/wasted like V-Sync has occur. It's heavenly.

V-Sync is garbage. Possible input lag and lots of frames can just get lost & wasted. Only use when necessary - i.e. you find a game that has tons of issues w/out any syncing, then use V-Sync if it's all you got.

Everybody's better off w/ something else for Syncing, TBH.

FreeSync for AMD users that have the card and monitor supporting it.

If you don't have FreeSync or G-Sync - whether AMD or NVidia, No-Sync at all w/ a FPS cap that equals what your monitor can handle for Hz is fine. NVidia users should use Fast-Sync w/ a FPS cap equaling your monitor's maximum supported Hz. Just make sure the game runs fine w/ the syncing or no syncing set-up you're using; that's all.

Most games these days are built around either 30fps (console standard) or 60fps (PC standard) - so, when all else fails, you can most of the time go w/ that standard when not syncing and likely be fine.

In some cases like Bethesda games like Fallout 3 & 4 you'll have to cap at 60fps or 30fps b/c of engine limitations, if you force V-Sync off. Things go bad (physics namely), when not capped at any of the 30fps intervals. Damn them and the insane duct-taping of that heavily GameByro-modded engine.

WRONG! It has H-Sync, the very best sync. The newest sync they just came out with. Due to my tax cuts. Definitely H-Sync. Beautiful, beautiful H-Sync.
LMgs3xU.gif

EDIT:

All jokes and GIF's aside - let us know how your new laptop works out, how you like it, what games run kick-ass on it, and all the details you want to share w/ us!

It really should do you a solid.

I don't think I've even seen a laptop w/ a decent 4GB laptop video card for not too much over $500 before. Nice score.

[thumbs up]

In some cases like Bethesda games like Fallout 3 & 4 you'll have to cap at 60fps or 30fps b/c of engine limitations, if you force V-Sync off. Things go bad (physics namely), when not capped at any of the 30fps intervals. Damn them and the insane duct-taping of that heavily GameByro-modded engine.
I object to your thoughtless besmirching of duct tape. I will have you know that my good friend Dwayne Johnson said that if you can't fix a problem with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.

I object to your thoughtless besmirching of duct tape. I will have you know that my good friend Dwayne Johnson said that if you can't fix a problem with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
Dwayne Johnson also said he'd grab the Gamebryo engine, polish it up real good, turn that sumbitch sideways, and ram it up Todd Howard's ass.

Fair enough; duct tape is great.

But, really though: Bethesda needs to stop super-gluing their engine to try and keep it together, from falling apart. There are games that run, perform, look, animate, and whatnot much better. Bethesda probably keep super-gluing this engine together, no matter how much they try to overhaul it, b/c it's so moddable.

EDIT:

Dwayne Johnson also said he'd grab the Gamebryo engine, polish it up real good, turn that sumbitch sideways, and ram it up Todd Howard's ass.
Todd Howard cemented his heel turn when he announced at E3 2018 that FO76 would be online only and even more so now that they're skipping Steam at launch.

new Torchlight game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xj6OGVIKTM
Echtra is the studio formerly Runic/Torchlight lead Max Schaefer founded when he left so that's good news. The involvement of Perfect World (probably necessary since they own the franchise) is still troubling. That it's an on-line open world MMO type game points towards microtransactions.

Also the comments section reveals a great many people who need a punch in the face: "NO SWITCH!??!!? WTF NO BUY!!!"

bread's done
Back