Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
As I said upthread, I think that mission could very well be a standard mission and not intended (in the final game) as a group thing. I was just chuckling at MysterD saying "Hey, no problems yet" when he was playing the first handful of levels. Regardless of whether or not the Black Tusk mission in the beta will ultimately be soloable when people reach it after launch, I don't think he soloed it during the beta.
I played more Division 2 Open Beta.

And I did need to call for back-up on two missions - and having one person help me was enough to get me through the level on Normal. There was the cache mission w/ the get the generator going where you have those tank-like Elites at the end; and also the mission at the Library w/ the big boss at the end. Basically, it was the big boss bullet-sponges that were giving me the trouble.

Around 7 hours 20 mins or so into it; and at Level 6.

This cover-based looter-shooter's just flat-out awesome. Impressive as hell, for a Beta. This game feels more than a Beta, it feels like it's already ready for the Day 0 release on March 15th.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole purpose of this Beta is to showcase the finished product in order to get people to buy the game.  You can tell by the 'Invaded'/Black Tusk mission, the preloaded equipment, and how it demonstrates the loot system. 

I like the feel of the standard (semi-auto/scout) rifle the most.  I was consistently outdmaging my other group members, and from longer ranges. 

The AR was fine, but I noticed myself creeping closer towards mobs , taking occasional burst damage much more often, and missing a larger % of shots.  Hardly anything is a DPS race and you just want to stay alive. 

AR feels better for trash mobs and world traversal.  

Anthem on the PS4 has a neat bug apparently.  It can crash and shut down your PS4 with the same effect as if you just unplug your PS4 power while playing.  So that's good.

When you've milked all the cash you can from Dungeon Defenders 1 DLC, Dungeon Defenders Eternity remaking DD1, and Dungeon Defenders 2 microtransactions...

...well...

...you go right back to selling Dungeon Defenders 1 again!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chromaticgames/dungeon-defenders-awakened
I still don't know why I bought this. It must have been Amazon Tony's savvy marketing tactics.

TMg7ELj.png

Dungeon Defenders 1 was a solid game but with some crappy design flaws that carried over from the mobile version (insane grinding, etc.)  Then they want full-retard all-in on microtransactions in DD2.  Supposedly that is because evil Venture Capitalists wrested control of the company and now one of the co-founders bought the rights back.

Assuming this iteration doesn't bring much new, it is a wait and see proposition for me.  Not going to blindly trust these guys.

But if you have less surface area, then isn't the ice 'cube' also cooling the drink more slowly since less liquid is in contact with the ice?
"Surface area" is a red herring entirely: there's no free lunch. The way ice cools a drink is by absorbing heat from the drink: the molecules of drink lose their energy to the frozen molecules of water. And when frozen water molecules absorb energy ... they melt.

Put simply, melting = cooling, and cooling = melting. If you want the same amount of cooling then you need the same amount of melting, and vice versa, regardless of The Shape of (frozen) Water.

Maybe the sphere cools better, but that's probably because it maximizes volume, meaning more cooling (and therefore, more dilution) over time. But it might be worse, since more of the sphere is floating above the water, and therefore absorbing heat from the air, leading to extra dilution without any extra cooling.

I still don't know why I bought this. It must have been Amazon Tony's savvy marketing tactics.

TMg7ELj.png
It's a solid Tower Defense, with some pretty great looting/char customization. The best gameplay was end-game, which tends to happen with loot tables like this, but it's incredibly rewarding if you grind it to the top.

You really needed a solid team comp, with a mix of heros at a high level to really enjoy it. They also had really great in-game trophies to match achievements, so if you survived the base game, you got a GIANT trophy in your tavern.

DLCs really pushed the limits, so I never actually completed those 4 main expansions they added, but these guys were pioneers in holiday event DLCs.

Only played a bit of DD2 though

"Surface area" is a red herring entirely: there's no free lunch. The way ice cools a drink is by absorbing heat from the drink: the molecules of drink lose their energy to the frozen molecules of water. And when frozen water molecules absorb energy ... they melt.

Put simply, melting = cooling, and cooling = melting. If you want the same amount of cooling then you need the same amount of melting, and vice versa, regardless of The Shape of (frozen) Water.

Maybe the sphere cools better, but that's probably because it maximizes volume, meaning more cooling (and therefore, more dilution) over time. But it might be worse, since more of the sphere is floating above the water, and therefore absorbing heat from the air, leading to extra dilution without any extra cooling.
You’re looking at it the wrong way; yes, the same amount of ice needs to melt to cool the drink to the same extent; the question is how much ice melts after the drink reaches the desired temperature.

Dungeon Defenders 1 was a solid game but with some crappy design flaws that carried over from the mobile version (insane grinding, etc.) Then they want full-retard all-in on microtransactions in DD2. Supposedly that is because evil Venture Capitalists wrested control of the company and now one of the co-founders bought the rights back.

Assuming this iteration doesn't bring much new, it is a wait and see proposition for me. Not going to blindly trust these guys.
Dungeon Defenders was a really solid game--if you had other humans to play it with. Solo it's awful.

You’re looking at it the wrong way; yes, the same amount of ice needs to melt to cool the drink to the same extent; the question is how much ice melts after the drink reaches the desired temperature.
You're both doing it wrong: order your soft drinks without ice. Except for freshly-brewed tea, they will be cold already. Ice just waters down your refreshing beverage. It's not a problem for me as I'm now among the elite group of individuals who cannot drink carbonated or caffeinated beverages.

The new Gambit Prime in Destiny 2 is pretty fun.   I got up to 655 LL yesterday and played till 4am lol.   This part of the expansion pass seems  a little light on content.  But starting D2:F six weeks ago was good timing and I've been having a blast; already had two infusions of new content after buying the pass.  I got the curated shotgun on my first run, finally got a 653 Jotunn to drop from Bergusia Forge after 11 clears, and also picked up the single brand new Warlock exotic (gloves) yesterday.  So been running around with a powerful arc soul (auto canon turret) that's like a laptop gun mounted to my head pewpewpew. 

The game always feels really generous with exotics on the weekly reset. You get 1-2 and then it becomes stingy again until next reset.

Between Destiny and BF V, I haven't had time for anything else and I've been gaming a lot.  I was ready for Destiny to start winding down but now we just got new content.   Mar 15 should be interesting! 

The new Gambit Prime is Destiny 2 is pretty fun. I got up to 655 LL yesterday and played till 4am lol. This part of the expansion pass seems a little light on content. But starting D2:F six weeks ago was good timing and I've been having a blast; already had two infusions of new content after buying the pass. I got the curated shotgun on my first run, finally got a 653 Jotunn to drop from Bergusia Forge after 11 clears, and also picked up the single brand new Warlock exotic (gloves) yesterday. Been running around with a powerful auto arc soul canon turret that's like a laptop gun mounted to my head pewpewpew.

The game always feels really generous with exotics on the weekly reset. You get 1-2 and then it becomes stingy again until next reset.

Between Destiny and BF V, I haven't had time for anything else and I've been gaming a lot. I was ready for Destiny to start winding down but now we just got new content. Mar 15 should be interesting!
Are you Motiv?

If not add me on Bnet FissFiss#1741 I think

Which one of you preverts took that RPG Maker Humble Bundle and awoke GabeN from his Jelly-Filled Donut slumber to comment:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/6/18253585/valve-rape-day-steam-statement

Apparently the game you created was just "too rapey" for GabeN and would reduce the sales of other less preverted games like "showering with your daddy simulators" and "creating a mom/daughter sexual sandwich games".....
Perfect opportunity for Epic to get another exclusive

Gaben is infringing on our freeze peach!  Gamers, rise up from your crusted gaming chairs and take to Twitter!   This is literally worse than 9/11!

Which one of you preverts took that RPG Maker Humble Bundle and awoke GabeN from his Jelly-Filled Donut slumber to comment:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/6/18253585/valve-rape-day-steam-statement

Apparently the game you created was just "too rapey" for GabeN and would reduce the sales of other less preverted games like "showering with your daddy simulators" and "creating a mom/daughter sexual sandwich games".....
wow there are some really dedicated trolls out there

I generally never know where to put these but Storybundle has another game book bundle. 

Get everything for $15. I love the HG101 books and the Boss Battle ones are interesting. Also been wanting to read the games you wont play series. Easy buy for me.

Link

bread's done
Back