Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Almost passed on Prey since I have Game Pass for PC and can just play it there, but DLC convinced me.
giphy.gif

Despite being a minor part of this thread for years, it feels like I've finally been initiated with the "ur mom" joke.

Thanks, guys. I am truly blessed.

GMG Summer sale talk:

I have a 10% off any sale code and an Intel Starter Pack key.

Not sure about the transfer-ability of the 10%, but don't see any reason the Intel key couldn't be used by anyone. 

In either case, first quote gets both and
and a few select photos from my own personal collection of soft core costume play. grrrr

Last edited by a moderator:
GMG Summer sale talk:

Not sure about the transfer-ability of the 10%, but don't see any reason the Intel key couldn't be used by anyone.

and a few select photos from my own personal collection of soft core costume play. grrrr
only quoting for the cos play fotos

edit: i actually really legitimately don't want it, there's nothing in the gmg sale i want to buy and the intel starter pack doesn't look like it has anything i want either, but thanks for the giveaway

GMG Summer sale talk:

I am interested in the intel key since pasports31 does not want it.

After almost 16 hours approximately, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC / XBox for PC Game Pass) is in the books as completed.

And it was fantastic!

MachineGames really nailed this one.

With a bat-crap crazy narrative & crazy missions (some of this feels right out of a B-movie...and I won't spoil this stuff here); really good voice-acting; edgy content (where to begin on some of this stuff?); and a game that is just tons of fun and is relentless in every way - it's hard to argue really against this one.

It's a blast!

It feels like Doom 2016's brother, more or less, with such great gunplay & technical performance. But actually, replace demons here with Nazis; and replace Doom's universe w/ the Wolfenstein universe (with now sci-fi elements and robots); with a much better & crazier narrative (since it really attempts to go for the jugular at this stuff and succeeds).

It's another overall great shooter that I've had the pleasure of playing this year, along w/ Metro: Exodus & Far Cry 5. And it certainly is a really awesome follow-up to the awesome Wolfenstein: The New Order.

If you loved DOOM 2016; Wolfenstein: The New Order; and/or bad-ass FPS's in general - you owe it to yourself to play this one.

[SIZE=10pt]Thanks for sharing! I also like to gamble. I like to play my favorite betting on sports. This site was advised by my friend. I am grateful to him because I made a lot of money on this site https://bonus.co.ke/ [/SIZE]

After almost 16 hours approximately, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PC / XBox for PC Game Pass) is in the books as completed.

And it was fantastic!

MachineGames really nailed this one.

With a bat-crap crazy narrative & crazy missions (some of this feels right out of a B-movie...and I won't spoil this stuff here); really good voice-acting; edgy content (where to begin on some of this stuff?); and a game that is just tons of fun and is relentless in every way - it's hard to argue really against this one.

It's a blast!

It feels like Doom 2016's brother, more or less, with such great gunplay & technical performance. But actually, replace demons here with Nazis; and replace Doom's universe w/ the Wolfenstein universe (with now sci-fi elements and robots); with a much better & crazier narrative (since it really attempts to go for the jugular at this stuff and succeeds).

It's another overall great shooter that I've had the pleasure of playing this year, along w/ Metro: Exodus & Far Cry 5. And it certainly is a really awesome follow-up to the awesome Wolfenstein: The New Order.

If you loved DOOM 2016; Wolfenstein: The New Order; and/or bad-ass FPS's in general - you owe it to yourself to play this one.
When do we get to see a selfie with you holding the Collector's Edition Terror Billy doll?

So the Steam sale sucked so much I got a new cat!  (Which is why I've been so quite of late...  Apparently, you cannot backlog a cat as easy as games...  At least not this guy!)

I did manage to grab a few things during the sale...  So mandatory list:

Dark Souls upgrade

Warhammer 40K Martyr non cosmetic DLCs  (I've been hearing really good things about its free 2.0 patch...  Which is exciting as I really liked the game in general.)

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem  (Early Access Diablo Clone, first big patch released to much fanfare and it will no doubt be cheaper (on sale) now than in the future.)

Golf-It: Was recommended here and I figured a golf game with steam workshop support is likely has a lot of replayablity.

Chaosbane: Still working on it.  I got through the third act this week with the third character....  I honestly hate the third Act boss, its brutal for melee based characters as it has a lot of area effects that it radiate from it and its third stage has a "bullet hell" shmup ability that is rather nerve racking.... And the tank melee character that I just got passed it with.  Well, he pretty much sees all the patterns more times than the other characters.  The last character is a Wizard so I'm hoping for some range effects and I can light it up quickly...  Just like i could with the Elf.

Anyhow, I'm going to try to finish up the character with the rest of my weekend...  Maybe boot up Division 2 as its been a few weeks since I've gotten a chance to play it...  (Mostly waiting for the next major title update to drop.  (Which should be soonish...  I think.)

Edit: Looks like Uplay + is going to a have a free (nearly a) month starting on September 3rd...  but you have to sign up now and I guess wait till then?  (Weird way to do it if you ask me.)

https://store.ubi.com/us/uplayplus/?lang=en_US

Rumor - Red Dead Redemption might be getting a full blown Remake:

https://gamerant.com/red-dead-redemption-remake-rumor/
It's certainly possible... It was one of the best selling and critically acclaimed games of its generation and not being able to cash in on it due to CPU architecture has got to be just giving 2K executives nightmares... and if next gen consoles remain close to PCs in architecture (which I assume is rather likely at this point) it could cost them from cashing in on its 15 year anniversary with the remastered remaster.

That said, I full expect it not to ship on PC. :p

Played through Night Call (PC / Xbox for PC Game Pass) yesterday.

Took me 2h25m, to get through this very enjoyable and well written murder-mystery meets TaxiCab Confessions adventure game - where you make decisions; talk to NPC's in a cab; review your evidence/clues; and eventually decide who did the attack and murders. With 70+ characters you can meet; multiple journeys and endings; and varying game modes & difficulties - yeah, looks quite replayable too.

Full blown long-winded and more detailed review over here:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions/0/1640917625015191401/

Took me 2h25m, to get through this very enjoyable and well written murder-mystery meets TaxiCab Confessions adventure game - where you make decisions; talk to NPC's in a cab; review your evidence/clues; and eventually decide who did the attack and murders. With 70+ characters you can meet; multiple journeys and endings; and varying game modes & difficulties - yeah, looks quite replayable too.

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like Night Trap. Never played it. Would be nice if that gets bundled or cheap in a sale.

Anyways, this is the Night Call game I was playing:

Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/680380/Night_Call/

GOG - https://www.gog.com/game/night_call

Microsoft Store - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/night-call/9n5ksqg0r9tb?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab

NightCallGiff.png
Kinda short...only 2 scenes?!?!? Given the taxi sign, are the game designers French? if so, they must have surrendered after the second scene!!! AMIRITE?!?!?

Does anyone know of a software aggregator for games I own? I know of Launchbox and Playnite but was hoping for something that could pull from PSN/PSDLE and Xbox live maybe.

Played through the first two cases (The Judge and Angel of Darkness) myself. The appeal of this game is definitely the interactions with your passengers and hearing their stories. The whole "Serial killer on the loose" main plot feels like it was thrown in as an afterthought. Like the developers started with an idea of playing as a cab driver and picking up eclectic passengers and needed something to tie it all together. It comes really close to working but doesn't quite get there. Regardless, I still enjoyed all the various sub-stories and meeting a diverse collection of Parisian night owls. The game does a nice job of presenting serious topics while throwing in the occasional bizarre palate cleanser here and there. Just would've liked if the management/crime-solving elements were as good as the visual novel portions.

Some really good deals here. At least I have a week to decide what to spend my Gabe Bux on. Probably leaning towards Fallout 4 GOTY or Doom 2016. Plus the refund window after purchase overlaps with the reveal of the next Humble Monthly.

And as predicted, the best discounts on specific titles tend to be before or after a major Steam sale.

bread's done
Back