Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
System requirements revealed for PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War:
https://www.techpowerup.com/274031/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-system-requirements-revealed

DxNwAnDqHpk5qKzd.jpg

Just episode 1. Lame. Thanks for the heads up.
At some point, make sure you get Episodes 1-4 for Revelations 2. I just finished-up Revelations 2...and thought it was awesome.

Keep in mind, I haven't played RE7 (and yes, I do have it) & haven't finished RE2 Remake here - but Revelations 2 is the best RE game since probably RE4.

RE4 was the RE to (FINALLY!) get me into the series and is definitely my favorite RE game.

RE4 has always felt like the measuring stick to me, for the RE series. Love that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
At some point, make sure you get Episodes 1-4 for Revelations 2. I just finished-up Revelations 2...and thought it was awesome.

Keep in mind, I haven't played RE7 (and yes, I do have it) & haven't finished RE2 Remake here - but Revelations 2 is the best RE game since probably RE4.

RE4 was the RE to (FINALLY!) get me into the series and is definitely my favorite RE game.

RE4 has always felt like the measuring stick to me, for the RE series. Love that game.
Did you play RE: Revelations 1 before playing 2? If so, would you recommend playing the first before starting the second?

Did you play RE: Revelations 1 before playing 2? If so, would you recommend playing the first before starting the second?
Yes, there are some spoilers in Revelations 2 for Revelations 1. You can still play Revelations 2 for the most part without really needing to know the story of the first one though

Yes, I did (play Rev 1 before Rev 2).

And yes, you should (play Revelations 1 first).

In Rev 2, there are references to Revelations 1 and RE5 there.

Also, RE has a huge Lore having so many games and whatnot - so you really should play some of the main RE's first.

Revelations 1 takes place b/t RE4 and RE5.

Revelations 2 takes place b/t RE5 and RE6.

Also, worth noting - RE4, RE5, RE Revelations 1 and RE Revelations 2 are all awesome. Play all of those.

IMHO...since RE4, it goes like this: RE4 > RE: Rev 2 > RE: Rev 1 > RE5 > RE6.

(Side note - not including RE7 and RE2 Remake...as I ain't either played or finished those).

EDIT:

I probably liked RE6 better than most, probably...as I think it's a flawed gem. Story's crazy, bananas, over-lapping a lot, and whatnot - but it can be just so repetitive on the game-play front, which can really hold it back...since you can't really skip certain repetitive events you've been involved w/ or done w/ other character, when you're in someone else's campaigns...even if you're doing the same kind of thing (i.e. overlapping areas, overlapping mini-boss fights, overlapping boss fights, etc). I like the first campaign (Leon's campaign) and last campaign (Aida's campaign) the best out of the RE6 club.

RE7 is $10 on Steam right now, and $20 for the Gold Edition with all the dlc included. It's excellent. I held off for the longest time because I thought the first person perspective would be gimmicky and that it was more of a VR game, but in my opinion it stands with the best of the series. 

edit: D'oh, saw your other post just now. 

Reply on RE7 and RE2 Remake:

Have backlogged RE7 Gold Edition. I need to get to that.

Same goes for RE2 Remake (as being backlogged), which I need to finish.

The virus has spread from games being bundled to PC component sales now.

You're welcome for my PC part bundle sacrifice.

I just got the Safe in Our World 1st Anniversary Charity Bundle at Fanatical, and I have an extra code for Dear Esther: Landmark Edition:

ERHIL-DN7QQ-V???D

The protagonist of Psychonauts

I'm running a 3080FE (+2 VGA power connectors) in a Ryzen 3600 rig with a Asus TUF x570 (+2 CPU power connectors) and I'm okay at 850W...
I'm not as worried about the now as I am about future proofing. Changing out a PSU is not the worst PC altering experience, but far from my favorite.

I'm not as worried about the now as I am about future proofing. Changing out a PSU is not the worst PC altering experience, but far from my favorite.
The only things worse are
- swapping into a new case
- a motherboard swap (while keeping the same CPU)

The mobo swap hits the bottom of my list because you have to pull the cooler, clean the CPU, move the CPU, new thermal grease... Ugh. I'm annoyed just describing it.

The mobo swap hits the bottom of my list because you have to pull the cooler, clean the CPU, move the CPU, new thermal grease... Ugh. I'm annoyed just describing it.
"- swapping into a new case" - it may be folly, but I simply refuse to change cases. I've had my Cooler Master HAF 932 for over 10 years and when it goes, I'll probably just stop altogether. I never worry about space for components, but any time I have to run new wiring, cord length issues may arise.

My thermal paste application has greatly improved in the past couple of generations, but I'm always terrified about bending pins on the processor.

One time I swapped motherboards, the previous standoff was in the wrong place and I had to do that too.

Changing motherboards is pretty much doing everything again other than fan cases, power supply stays seated and if you had to put together anything for the cooling such as setting up your water cooler. It takes forever and sucks too. Also if you didn't tell Windows 10 it will take it as a complete new install and want you to jump through hoops. If you use a Microsoft account though it's not as bad. Just a pain in the neck for sure.

Nah, it was where you went to go if you needed something and couldn't wait the week or more to order it online from somewhere cheaper. They also used to run mail in rebate scams where if you didn't call to check on them you wouldn't get your rebate. I can't really remember why I ever went there when microcenter was arguably closer and always better.

I'm pretty sure my first CD writer came from CompUSA.
Still waiting on a CompUSA memory rebate from 1999. I'm starting to think they aren't going to honor it and I'll never see that $60.

Quick 3080 + 650w PSU update.

I haven't had any trouble in-game so far, but over the last few days my PC has randomly frozen while I've been web browsing and then crashed and restarted. Each time the red VGA light on my MOBO has turned on. I reinstalled the card and double checked the connections but still had a freeze a few hours later. This morning I decided to undervolt the 3080 and so far no issues so hopefully that solved the problem. Still, probably going to install that 1000w Superflower sooner than later.

I had to do both in the last month, first I changed my case from a mATX to an ATX Mid Tower case, then since I had the space I got a new mobo so I changed my mATX mobo to an ATX one. It was like 3 weeks between moving the build to the new case and changing the mobo.

And yeah the mobo swap was the worst.

Newegg just announced a Black Friday Price Protection:

https://www.newegg.com/promotions/nepro/20-2348/index.html

Actually surprised that Newegg of all places put this in place.
They canceled a laptop I bought from 'em on eBay yesterday and sent me an email saying "it may have looked like it was in stock on our website, but when we went to pick it, it wasn't."

Sorry, guys, but if you're selling the same physical item on both eBay and your website, I'm PRETTY sure that's a violation of eBay TOS and I have half a got damn mind to file a complaint.

This community seems to share a great deal of knowledge about upcoming tech and I am clueless these days.

I am in the market for a new laptop within the next 6 months. Something premium and professional in a 13in for portability. I like the look and feel of my spouse's macair but I want windows os. I don't really care for touch screens and tablets. Looking for reliability and future proof enough to last me 5ish years.

Anyone here have opinions on brands/specs/models I should be looking at or waiting on? I was looking at those dell xps models but keep reading about lot of quality control issues. Maybe considering a surface but I get the impression they are more tablet oriented...

This community seems to share a great deal of knowledge about upcoming tech and I am clueless these days.

I am in the market for a new laptop within the next 6 months. Something premium and professional in a 13in for portability. I like the look and feel of my spouse's macair but I want windows os. I don't really care for touch screens and tablets. Looking for reliability and future proof enough to last me 5ish years.

Anyone here have opinions on brands/specs/models I should be looking at or waiting on? I was looking at those dell xps models but keep reading about lot of quality control issues. Maybe considering a surface but I get the impression they are more tablet oriented...
I have a conflicting relationship with the Samsung Galaxy Flex Book line of laptops. I really like their QLED screens and S-Pen support and the build quality is pretty nice. The price is fair if on the high side. The Galaxy Flex Book Alpha can be purchased very cheap from Samsung directly by stacking education promotions and their occasional discounts (plus Galaxy buds, plus referral discount, plus if you try to cancel later they give you back $10). I got mine for about $675 all in, which felt like a steal. The downside is no USB-C charging and their BIOS options are super basic so there's some stuff you can't configure.

If you are looking premium, I'd say step up to their Flex (non-alpha).

I also briefly owned two Lenovo Flex 5 laptops (Amazon $599 for Ryzen 4500U/16/256 config). Their screens were dim, build feel was pretty good, but they were screaming fast. Both had to be returned for defects though. These aren't premium but they get tossed around a lot because the value proposition is crazy but the screen is sub par and there are lots of build issues on these.

If money isn't a huge object, the Microsoft Surface Book and Surface Laptop devices are pretty damn nice too.

You can also check /r/laptopdeals, but they miss a lot that winds up on SD (and vice versa).

Good luck. Laptops are no fun.

RE7 is $10 on Steam right now, and $20 for the Gold Edition with all the dlc included. It's excellent. I held off for the longest time because I thought the first person perspective would be gimmicky and that it was more of a VR game, but in my opinion it stands with the best of the series.

edit: D'oh, saw your other post just now.
Yeah, RE7 is spectacular imo. Easily the best RE game since RE4 (i haven't played the remakes if you count those though), I have a hard time deciding which of the two I like better. Definitely worth 10 bucks.

The dlc is good but not really necessary, it gives some more flavor/backstory to the game, I'd say it's worth 10 bucks though. I think i bought the whole thing for 20 in the summer sale and didnt regret it

anyway this sale overall is pretty meh, i might buy devil may cry 5, ten bucks isn't bad for that but it's not my favorite type of game so i might wait a bit more

only other game i have my eye on is divinity original sin 2, 17 bucks is a bit pricier than i tend to pay for games but i do really want it and those games take forever to drop in price. might just wait through the winter sale on the off chance it drops a few bucks or something and just grab it so long as it's the same price it is now

They canceled a laptop I bought from 'em on eBay yesterday and sent me an email saying "it may have looked like it was in stock on our website, but when we went to pick it, it wasn't."

Sorry, guys, but if you're selling the same physical item on both eBay and your website, I'm PRETTY sure that's a violation of eBay TOS and I have half a got damn mind to file a complaint.
That's definitely crappy and against the TOS of ebay but unfortunately Newegg isn't the only site that does that. Every major retailer pulls the same stuff.

What I use for work is the HP Elitebook line of laptops. I've grown fond of them over the years. I usually buy mine off-lease from a business so I get them when they're 3 years old and they still last me after that. My old Elitebook that's still working well is from 2012. The one I upgraded to this year is from 2017. So I assume if you get a 2020 model you can expect similar longevity. Mine I bought off lease and it works great and looks very nice and stylish.

Now, if money was no issue I'd probably be tempted by the LG Gram 13. Looks great, ultra small and thing, super portable, and 11 hours plus of battery life. Look into those.

I picked up yesterday from the Epic Game Store both Control: Ultimate Edition and Shenmue 3: Standard Edition with those $10 coupons before they expired.

Anyways, some thoughts on Control: Ultimate, some 2 hours and 22 minutes or so into this, according to Tim Sweeney's service and its time-tracking feature.

This feels like the awesome Max Payne style gunplay/combat; somewhat open-world games; and weird supernatural & sci-fi games had a baby. For sci-fi and supernatural, this feels like something out of combination of the X-Files and some of those Stephen King type of stories about telekinesis/psychokinesis. The narrative seems interesting and intriguing, keeping me wanting to see whatever madness, weird stuff, and whatnot that this is going to offer up next. If this sounds up your alley...well, this game is going to certainly deliver for you.

So, yes - telekinesis feels like the modern-day gravity gun from Half-Life 2. Any object in the game-world - two-wheelers; mail tubes; tables; chairs; boxes; water-coolers; etc etc - it's all for the picking up and tossing. To be able to shoot guns, melee enemies, and toss any object worthwhile in the game-world is just an absolute blast here. Takes you a little bit to get this power, but without no time...you're shooting enemies like there's no tomorrow; and the combat feels great.

You have Control points, as they call them, as their checkpoints here...or Dark Souls-like bonfires, if you might want to think of them here as such. Here is where you can switch your Outfits and Fast Travel; and where the game will Auto-save (if it doesn't auto-save elsewhere...b/c at other points the game will just auto-save anyways). There are also upgrades to weapons, skills, and other stuff also. Anytime you "die", expect a 10% penalty to your (experience) Points here - not as punishing as Dark Souls, but...there's still a penalty here.

Collectibles/Lore are everywhere, providing Lore with info, background, and story to the game, its game-world, the inhabitants in the game-world; the game's own lingo & terms (which you'll need to learn and pay attention to); and whatever else. You might expect that if you've played any recent Remedy games - namely, since Alan Wake - on offering Lore and Collectibles.

So, I've got most of this here running at 1080p @ Medium settings here. It was bouncing a bit b/t mostly 50-60fps, before getting the telekinesis skill. Now, with tons of physics and stuff able to pick-up and toss around, it feels more like it's b/t 40-60fps now...so I locked it to 45fps here via MSI Afterburner. Even at Medium here, the game looks really good, to say the least.

Regardless, this game's a blast so far. I hope this game doesn't let up b/c....this game's just incredible so far.

WB will be shutting down some of Shadow of Mordor's online functions by Dec. 31st:

https://gamerant.com/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-online-features-december-2020/

Info:

- Dec. 31st, 2020, all of SoM's online functionality will be pulled.

- Players have until Dec. 31st, 2020 to do any online stuff related to Shadow of Mordor.

- Nemesis Forge, Vendetta Missions, Leaderboards & WBPlay Network are being pulled from SoM.

- Nemesis Forge allowed players to take their top Nemesis and Followers...and bring them into Shadow of War.

- Vendetta Missions allowed players with online capabilities to pursue an Orc Captain that had killed someone on their platform's friends list.

- Vendetta Missions rewarded players with a lot of experience, power, and high-quality runes.

- There's also an Achievement called "Repaid In Blood," which is achieved by doing a Vendetta Mission.

- WBPlay's Orc Hunter and Gravewalker epic runes will be given to all players for free.

WB will be shutting down some of Shadow of Mordor's online functions by Dec. 31st:

https://gamerant.com/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-online-features-december-2020/

Info:

- Dec. 31st, 2020, all of SoM's online functionality will be pulled.

- Players have until Dec. 31st, 2020 to do any online stuff related to Shadow of Mordor.

- Nemesis Forge, Vendetta Missions, Leaderboards & WBPlay Network are being pulled from SoM.

- Nemesis Forge allowed players to take their top Nemesis and Followers...and bring them into Shadow of War.

- Vendetta Missions allowed players with online capabilities to pursue an Orc Captain that had killed someone on their platform's friends list.

- Vendetta Missions rewarded players with a lot of experience, power, and high-quality runes.

- There's also an Achievement called "Repaid In Blood," which is achieved by doing a Vendetta Mission.

- WBPlay's Orc Hunter and Gravewalker epic runes will be given to all players for free.
Speaking of, Shadow of War Definitive Edition is $5.29 on CDKeys. I've been waiting for a $5 price on this.

Quick 3080 + 650w PSU update.

I haven't had any trouble in-game so far, but over the last few days my PC has randomly frozen while I've been web browsing and then crashed and restarted. Each time the red VGA light on my MOBO has turned on. I reinstalled the card and double checked the connections but still had a freeze a few hours later. This morning I decided to undervolt the 3080 and so far no issues so hopefully that solved the problem. Still, probably going to install that 1000w Superflower sooner than later.
I was considering trying it on my 650w RMx if I ever get my hands on one since I didn't want to buy a new one until I make a new build in a year or two. I've heard some success stories, but others mentioning they ran into issues. What made you opt for getting a 1000w? If I get a new PSU, I don't know if I should go with an 850 or 1000w gold psu.

I was considering trying it on my 650w RMx if I ever get my hands on one since I didn't want to buy a new one until I make a new build in a year or two. I've heard some success stories, but others mentioning they ran into issues. What made you opt for getting a 1000w? If I get a new PSU, I don't know if I should go with an 850 or 1000w gold psu.
[attachment=34848:11.GIF]

I was leaning 850w or even 750w but while I was looking at different PSUs at newegg they sent me an email basically saying "hey we see you looking at all those PSUs so here's a $10 promo code for your next order." It led to an impulsive decision to jut go all-in on the 1000w. Honestly probably should have waited for the 850w to go back on sale (it's on sale again now: https://www.newegg.com/super-flower-leadex-iii-sf-850f14hg-850w/p/1HU-024C-00005?Description=superflower%20850w&cm_re=superflower_850w-_-9SIAMNPAY43503-_-Product). But I'm definitely upgrading to Zen 3/B550 soon and who knows what kind of overclocking I'll want to do in the future and how much weird **** I'll put into my next build so I just told myself what I needed to hear to justify the purchase.

Also, still no freezes since undervolting and last night I played a few hours on RE3 remake at 4K/Ultra @ 120fps and it was pretty neat.

Just noting I may have been a bit harsh on Crown Trick. It's more of a 7.5/10 type game. There is plenty of flaws but the game is decently challenging and has a decent variety outside of the Familiars. I have officially beaten the main game around 22 hours and I do recommend it for a decent rogue game that is easy to pick up mainly because of the familars not being as advanced and only having to worry about your weapon as equipment. It does help having unlocked good equipment as those weapons and artifacts are powerful. I do think you should pick it up at a heavier discount or bundled, but whenever that is it's worth playing. I am done with it for now.

But can it run Crysis (original) or Crysis Remastered?
At least as well as an XT-based PC-compatible, yes.

You think your Commodore 64 is really neato

What kinda chip you got in there, a Dorito?
I am immune to your WeirdAling.

Welcome back, IATCG. You piece of garbage.

Is a Commodore 64 just two Commodore 32's multiplied by themselves?
No, it's one of those VIC-20s squared.

(or half of a Commodore 128.)

I might play Shadow of Mordor next, once I finish Ghostrunner.  I have both Shadow games in my backlog and was actually into SoM when it came out, I am just super easily distracted.  I might have started it on console anyway, I don't remember.  That was before I upgraded my pc the last time so I was leaning more to console for new games for a while.

Speaking of consoles I placed two PS5 preorders in the hope that one would actually ship but I am seriously considering selling both to people I know who did not get a preorder rather than keeping one.  Of course I might not get either order shipped anyway.   That preorder was such a mess. 

I was going to get a new tv before I got the PS5 but I haven't done that and I think I am probably better off waiting until next year to get a PS5 at this point.  I just had some unexpected expenses so the earliest I would have been willing to commit so such a large purchase would have been towards the end of the month.  With BF prices coming early does anyone know how long the tv deals places like Best Buy have are going to last?  I would probably pick up a 55" LG CX if the current pricing was still around next credit card cycle but I am not holding my breath on that.  A PS5 without a 4K tv seems pointless.  I actually have a decent backlog of PS4 games I was saving for when I got a PS4 Pro/4K tv which obviously I never did.    

If I have bad luck with the current sales ending too soon or stock being out everywhere, I might watch the 48" CX and see if it gets a sale later on.  I mostly game in my bedroom and really feel like anything bigger than 50 inches is a bit too big for the space I have to work with, but smaller TVs are niche and that particular tv has been selling well as a monitor so I have my doubts on seeing any good sales on it.

If I wasn't so bad about not selling anything I might actually have enough extra cash to feel comfortable getting a TV right now.  I never sell the digital codes I get with movies (which I never use) or the extra codes from bundles, I just sit on the movie codes until they expire and sit on the game codes until I get around to gathering them up in a list and giving them away.  I should at least sell the movie codes that are not expired but I have no clue what they are worth.  Quite a bit of stuff around the house I need to get rid of as well but so many people around here just refuse to wear masks that I dread selling any physical stuff locally, although I am going to have to soon just to get stuff out of my way.  Meh I am rambling. 

Halloween sale sucked, btw.  Even I didn't buy anything.  There were a few okay looking 90% off games if you just wanted to buy something for the sake of buying something but I resisted for once.

Halloween sale sucked, btw. Even I didn't buy anything. There were a few okay looking 90% off games if you just wanted to buy something for the sake of buying something but I resisted for once.
Pretty much the reason why I finally got around to picking up Higurashi chapters 6-8. Honestly, $12 isn't bad for what you're getting, especially with all the work modders have put into making it on par with the PS3 release, but it'll be quite a while before I ever get to them.

I might play Shadow of Mordor next, once I finish Ghostrunner. I have both Shadow games in my backlog and was actually into SoM when it came out, I am just super easily distracted. I might have started it on console anyway, I don't remember. That was before I upgraded my pc the last time so I was leaning more to console for new games for a while.

Speaking of consoles I placed two PS5 preorders in the hope that one would actually ship but I am seriously considering selling both to people I know who did not get a preorder rather than keeping one. Of course I might not get either order shipped anyway. That preorder was such a mess.

I was going to get a new tv before I got the PS5 but I haven't done that and I think I am probably better off waiting until next year to get a PS5 at this point. I just had some unexpected expenses so the earliest I would have been willing to commit so such a large purchase would have been towards the end of the month. With BF prices coming early does anyone know how long the tv deals places like Best Buy have are going to last? I would probably pick up a 55" LG CX if the current pricing was still around next credit card cycle but I am not holding my breath on that. A PS5 without a 4K tv seems pointless. I actually have a decent backlog of PS4 games I was saving for when I got a PS4 Pro/4K tv which obviously I never did.

If I have bad luck with the current sales ending too soon or stock being out everywhere, I might watch the 48" CX and see if it gets a sale later on. I mostly game in my bedroom and really feel like anything bigger than 50 inches is a bit too big for the space I have to work with, but smaller TVs are niche and that particular tv has been selling well as a monitor so I have my doubts on seeing any good sales on it.

If I wasn't so bad about not selling anything I might actually have enough extra cash to feel comfortable getting a TV right now. I never sell the digital codes I get with movies (which I never use) or the extra codes from bundles, I just sit on the movie codes until they expire and sit on the game codes until I get around to gathering them up in a list and giving them away. I should at least sell the movie codes that are not expired but I have no clue what they are worth. Quite a bit of stuff around the house I need to get rid of as well but so many people around here just refuse to wear masks that I dread selling any physical stuff locally, although I am going to have to soon just to get stuff out of my way. Meh I am rambling.

Halloween sale sucked, btw. Even I didn't buy anything. There were a few okay looking 90% off games if you just wanted to buy something for the sake of buying something but I resisted for once.
Don't forget the HD update if you don't already have it for Shadow of Mordor. I played part way through it only realize later that it wasn't downloaded by default.

Godfall PC requirements are up...and it's really stiff:
https://www.pcgamer.com/godfall-pc-system-requirements/

Minimum:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel Core i5-6600
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • RAM: 12GB
Recommended:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 or Intel Core i7-8700
  • GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT 8GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB
  • RAM: 16GB
You'll also need to be connected to the internet to play.

Also, still no freezes since undervolting and last night I played a few hours on RE3 remake at 4K/Ultra @ 120fps and it was pretty neat.
Are you up to date on your Nvidia drivers? Weren't they claiming there were similar issues that required undervolting, BUT were fixed through new drivers?

Also
3080 update: still no fuck ing closer. feels farther away, actually. even with the CP2077 delay, I doubt I'll lay hands on a new gpu before the end of the year. Plus, I realized that unless I get one of a small number of specific cards that have at least 2 HDMI ports, I'll be constantly plugging and unplugging, so there's that added wrinkle. Also, I'd much rather pay with either my Amazon or BestBuy CCs than come full out of pocket, so of course, that's also limiting. yay

Managed to get an order in at BBY for a RTX 3080 FE the other day.  It was supposed to ship yesterday but is now saying that it's delayed and will be canceled if not shipped by next Monday.  It went from "Preparing the order", to "Item is being Reserved", to "Delayed". 

Part of me is shaking my fist in the air and saying, "Y'all better not have these in stock this week without fulfilling my order!"  Thinking that I'm going to get a cancelation email saying "We apologize but due to limited quantities and high demand, we must cancel your order.  If you purchased with a credit card, we will remove the pre-authorization."   :^o

Played some more Game Pass games before my subscription ends this month.

Star Renegades - Honestly I really tried to like this one. It has pretty nice animations, I generally like turn based RPGs and I like Sc-fi games in general. Pretty much you have a rag group of survivors and you're taking it to strong alien armies after being shot down. There is some strategy in battles where you can stun and make the enemy break to skip turns. It's not super intuitive say like Grandia and honestly feels more like style over substance. The story is kind of just there along with the characters. I don't care about any of them. You go around a map getting equipment, fighting guys to gain levels (you choose you levels up) and move towards objectives. There is a kind of nemesis system as well for elites and bosses. There is rogue lite things as well where you unlock stuff when you lose. Honestly this feels way too repetitive and I was skipping animations all the time. It never feels amazing and honestly is just a bit disappointing. I gave up after like 2 hours or so. I wouldn't recommend this one as much unless it's bundled. 6/10

Super Lucky's Tale - This one is a fun platformer. The story is simple about Lucky getting sucked into a book world and having to gather pages. It is a collectathon of sorts where the levels have pages for coins/spelling lucky/hidden objective/main objective. It has really good graphics and good controls for the Xbox 360 controller. I already finished one world fully and I believe there is 4. I enjoyed this and while it does seem easier than some platformers, It's well worth playing bundled or on sale. 7.5/10

Tohou Luna Nights - This one seems like a fun clean doujin metroidvania. The storyline is really simple and it controls well with a Xbox 360 controller. You get powers after being underpowered and can manipulate time to stop enemies and stuff in the background and it's challenging. I think it's a little generic feeling, but I feel it's a pretty fun one. If I have the time I'll finish this one. Graphics are also solid and clean along with the music. 7/10

bread's done
Back