Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Are you up to date on your Nvidia drivers? Weren't they claiming there were similar issues that required undervolting, BUT were fixed through new drivers?

Also
3080 update: still no fuck ing closer. feels farther away, actually. even with the CP2077 delay, I doubt I'll lay hands on a new gpu before the end of the year. Plus, I realized that unless I get one of a small number of specific cards that have at least 2 HDMI ports, I'll be constantly plugging and unplugging, so there's that added wrinkle. Also, I'd much rather pay with either my Amazon or BestBuy CCs than come full out of pocket, so of course, that's also limiting. yay
Yeah, drivers are up to date, though I have been considering removing everything and starting with a clean install. I'll try that if I start having issues but so far things are going good.

Anyway, enjoy the civil war everybody. Hopefully it doesn't last longer than a few hours.

UPDATE on RTX 3080 FE delay from Best Buy:

I called them this morning and the representative said they didn't have any more in stock and didn't know when they will have more.  She did say that they can move the cancelation date if they don't get stock and the order is not fulfilled by Monday.

Finished trying out some games on Gamepass before it runs out at the end of the month. Here are my impressions:

Carrion - This is a really quirky game. I like the graphics and the puzzle solving and action are pretty decent enough. I am not the hugest fan of the action controls especially with the Xbox 360 controller. The aiming is kind of weird. Overall it seems like a decent enough game I may complete before the subscription runs out. Likely a 6.5/10ish type game. Good future bundle game.

The Dark Crystal Age of Resistance Tactics - This is a pretty decent enough turn based strategy game. I like the graphics enough, even though the animation aren't too good. The story is confusing, though I haven't seen the series so that may help out. It's really just a got to beat the scary guys type game. The battle system is probably the weakest point. It is alright and plays alright, but it feels too simple at times, and too clunky at other times. Overall this feels tougher than a beginner TBS game, but it's manageable. I would play it if bundled. 6/10

Just going to try the World of Horror demo and likely beating Super Lucky's Tale (finished another world yesterday). Likely wont do another of these type of subscriptions unless I really want to play something because I have too much of a backlog anyway.

Edit: World of Horror was kind of interesting if rather confusing. I liked the content, though I'm not sure I'd buy it. It was pretty good for the beginner mystery but the town wide one seems a bit confusing. Reminds me a little bit of some old games like Jones in the Fast Lane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have watched slowbeef play World of Horror several times and the game is a lot more interesting after you have a better feel for it as it really is pretty confusing at first.  It is on Humble and with the 20% sub discount it isn't too pricey.  I will probably pick it up at some point over the holidays assuming the price doesn't change (it is going up once it leaves early access) before I get around to it.

Hit level 75 in Phasmophobia.  Damn game is still spooky although not as much so as it was early on.  I want a mod that turns down the volume on the car alarm though.  Some houses have a garage and the ghosts can set the alarms off.  That is more obnoxious than scary, it is too freaking loud.  Yeah ghost, great, you messed with the car.  I'm terrified of what you did to the clear coat now knock it off.  Probably done for now.  Pub lobbies are not safe (or were not, I assume there are still hacking issues) and playing so infrequently with others that I am mostly going solo and it just isn't as fun.

I keep looking at the 55" CX and then looking at my PS5 preorder page and then looking at my bank account and then closing all of the browser windows and hopping back into Phasmo to finally get that one great scare that will end all of my tough decision making.  When it happens, I wish for my ashes to be spread on the console threads.  I plan on haunting them and trolling from beyond.

I'd update you on Ghostrunner but it updated the other day and ever since it crashes on me as soon as I start a level.  Need to reinstall it and see if it fixes things.  Just when I am trying to actually finish a game...

Steam PlayTest announced:

Steam Community announcement - https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks/announcements/detail/2954884882167446258

Bluesnews report on it - https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=216443

Info:

- This is a way for pub's or dev's to directly invite users to test games early: i.e. Alpha's or Beta tests.

- Also, pub's or dev's can let users request to join Alpha's or Beta's too.

- There's a queue, list, and everything...which pub's or dev's can manage who they want to let into the Beta.

- This is all done key-less & is all account-based done via Steam.

Ordered a 5600x from Newegg this morning in between it apparently selling out. Then spent 30 minutes looking at other parts for a build and decided that it was kinda silly buying stuff this close to black friday sales. Going to keep an eye out for deals, but will probably have to have this processor sitting around for a few weeks before I can build a new PC.

RIP Intel.

Pretty much, even the R5 5600x ($300) [6c/12t] is getting performance in the Intel 10700-10900 for much less $ - depends per game, of course - namely from them just doing architectural changes. 

R9 5900x is beating Intel's top stuff. 

Yeah, Intel's in big trouble. I don't see Rocket Lake, which isn't on the 7nm design, topping what AMD's doing. Don't know what kind of sorcery Intel's going to do here to keep up or barely over-take Ryzen - but they might need to either work some sorcery and/or do some price-chopping here.

They don't need to. Name recognition and the business side of things will keep them well ahead of AMD. None of my work computer choices had AMD chips, and probably won't for the foreseeable future.

Ordered a 5600x from Newegg this morning in between it apparently selling out. Then spent 30 minutes looking at other parts for a build and decided that it was kinda silly buying stuff this close to black friday sales. Going to keep an eye out for deals, but will probably have to have this processor sitting around for a few weeks before I can build a new PC.
I also got a 5600x (from Amazon) that I'll be pairing with my 3080 in a new build. Was going to hold off on buying all the other components but I have no self control so I went ahead and ordered everything else today. My 5600x isn't supposed to get here for a few weeks so I want to start building now and have everything ready by the time it arrives, and hopefully be good to go for Cyberpunk.

I also got a 5600x (from Amazon) that I'll be pairing with my 3080 in a new build. Was going to hold off on buying all the other components but I have no self control so I went ahead and ordered everything else today. My 5600x isn't supposed to get here for a few weeks so I want to start building now and have everything ready by the time it arrives, and hopefully be good to go for Cyberpunk.
Your components should arrive before next year.

Go for the 1600W PSU while you're at it. Your kids will be fine living off bread niblets for the next few months. And nothing says you care more than presents of facial protection gear. Nobody has to know you took the complimentary boxes of masks from the entrance of a Home Depot.

Love the competition but its way crazy to think Intel is going anywhere.
Sure, Intel's not going to leave the market anytime soon. They still have brand people been using forever...for everything. For business. For gamers. For casuals that just want a computer to do basic stuff.

But, they (Intel) no longer really have the top CPU; especially for gaming. AMD - finally, after some 10 years - just basically took the lead. Been a long time, since AMD's been really this competitive.

Final Fantasy IV got an update on Steam with some bug/controller fixes and more resolution options and languages.  I think the last update was in 2014, better late than never I guess.  

I want lawsuits in six states, Henderson!

No, not the ones we're winning in.  THE ONES WE'RE LOSING IN!!!

I'd just like to say, Trumpcat, it was fun while it lasted but I think now it's time for you to retire to that big kitty litter box in the sky where you belong.

Final Fantasy IV got an update on Steam with some bug/controller fixes and more resolution options and languages. I think the last update was in 2014, better late than never I guess.
Thanks for mentioning! - I had gotten used to how to play with the messed up controllers but maybe I'll come back and be delighted to it just working normally.

Couldn't find anything related to cats looking like Joe Biden on Google. Just a bunch of memes that make fun of him from all those single white male virgins who masturbate to anime that support Trump.

My guess is that TrumpCat will still be around and yelling about how voting is fake and why he should be Supreme Meowverlord.

Hey, it's pretty bigoted of you to go around assuming their race and gender like that. How do you know what they identify as? And there's nothing wrong with having a waifu.

Some of us 40 year old genderfluid pansexuals who identify as white male virgins actually voted for Biden, thank you very much. And yes, we do buy hentai games on Steam. Problem?
Only problem is that you come back to these forums every few months like a disease.

For those who didn't get the reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tj-Hp7AYlk

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1325099845045071873

Nice.  Congratulations Mr. Trump on your second term.

62644701c97cd15cd3276a9ff25d6d48.gif

A few days ago it was announced that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was coming to EA Play on November 10, meaning that it would be available on Xbox Gamepass Ultimate on the same day.  But it seemed ambiguous at the time whether this would be available on PC since, as you know,  there are separate game lineups for gamepass on PC vs gamepass on consoles.  Apparently it is just coming to Xbox consoles Nov. 10.  But it appears that those of us with PC Gamepass memberships will be able to play Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order sometime in December.   I've really been looking forward to playing this one. 

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (ME1+2+3 Remastered) announced for Spring 2021; and NEW ME game also in the works:

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Info:

- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition announced.

- ME: LE "will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3...

- ... plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD."

- "It will be available in Spring 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC....

- ..with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5."

- And also, veteran team at BioWare is also already at work on a NEW Mass Effect game (i.e. Mass Effect 5).

Nice. Congratulations Mr. Trump on your second term.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (ME1+2+3 Remastered) announced for Spring 2021; and NEW ME game also in the works:

Info:

- ME: LE "will include single-player base content and DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3...

- ... plus promo weapons, armors, and packs – all remastered and optimized for 4k Ultra HD."

- ..with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5."

- And also, veteran team at BioWare is also already at work on a NEW Mass Effect game (i.e. Mass Effect 5).
I played Mass Effect 1 and 2 on 360 years ago, bought the trilogy on PC and never played it, then bought the DLC when it was brought to Origin (and for 50%) the first time, which I have yet to play. I hope there will be info soon on whether or not it'll look as good or better than the game modded.

Info:

I played Mass Effect 1 and 2 on 360 years ago, bought the trilogy on PC and never played it, then bought the DLC when it was brought to Origin (and for 50%) the first time, which I have yet to play. I hope there will be info soon on whether or not it'll look as good or better than the game modded.

Nice. Congratulations Mr. Trump on your second term.

I'm thankful that we will still get to experience his unparalleled truth-telling brought by years of hydroxychloroquine supplementation and alien abduction at the behest of award-winning media pundit Alex Jones.

Mass effect 2 + 3 still hold up just fine so they dont have to do much with it, but Mass effect 1 (while still a good game) is pretty dated at this point. Wonder what they do and how far they go or if it'll be some better graphics

I'd be very curious what they do w/ Mass Effect 1...as that one doesn't have the best combat. It always felt like the combat/gunplay, and whatnot - is too based on the RPG stats and/or dice-rolls.

So...maybe they might basically remove dice-rolls and make sure you actually land shots & get credit for it, even if it ain't much.

Or...maybe you might get more points sunk automatically in certain gun skills? Or they often more points out the gate for you, which you can sink in the gun skills?

Popped onto r/HardwareSwap last night and saw a posting from someone who bought an EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra the day before, was having buyer's remorse* and was looking to sell it for $50 over what he paid.  Met him this morning, got card and Micro Center receipt and it's humming along in my machine now.  I was happy to pay $50 extra to just not have to worry about it or hope to luck into a random sighting on Newegg or camp out in the Micro Center parking lot at 4am and hope a truck shows up.  Between that and some other news about an election thingie, it's been a pretty good day!

* Longer version: He showed up for the Ryzen CPU launch, they were sold out before he could get to them but they were putting out a couple 3080s and he bought one as a consolation prize.  Then he realized, post setup, he didn't really want to sink $800 into gaming at 1080p and just wanted his money back.  Went the Good Guy Greg route of a minimal markup for his time versus the 2x MSRP scalper route.

bread's done
Back