Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Well my single purchase on EGS went poorly a while back.  Bought Far Cry 5 Gold for around $7.  I had to go through a weeks-long period with EGS support getting the correct bundled content on my account. "We only fix this problem on Mondays."  Right.  At least the account linking with uplay worked propertly which allowed me to avoid actually installing/using epic.

And now I'm thinking about doing it again since the $10 coupon stuff is back. 

Assassin's Creed Odyssey $14.99 - 10
and then AC: O season pass $15.99 - 10
so if that works it's essentially AC: O Gold (including AC III Remastered & Liberation remastered) for $10.99 total
Edit: The 2nd step doesn't work.  $10 coupon works one some dlc but not on others I guess

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my single purchase on EGS went poorly a while back. Bought Far Cry 5 Gold for around $7. I had to go through a weeks-long period with EGS support getting the correct bundled content on my account. "We only fix this problem on Mondays." Right. At least the account linking with uplay worked propertly which allowed me to avoid actually installing/using epic.

And now I'm thinking about doing it again since the $10 coupon stuff is back.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey $14.99 - 10
and then AC: O season pass $15.99 - 10
so if that works it's essentially AC: O Gold (including AC III Remastered & Liberation remastered) for $10.99 total
I really wished all Epic Games w/ other stores such as Uplay (UbiSoft Connect) worked that way: just link accounts w/ Epic and other store...then go let other store handle ALL of the mess and not have to double-boot other store w/ Epic.

If I could just link Rockstar Launcher and then just only use that, after the Epic Linking - that would be sweet.

Uh, okay. 10% to the 1x1 Mathletes Foundation, then?
That works.

That'd be better than giving it to IGN. [shrug]

EDIT:

Not sure if woosh or doubling down...
tenor.gif

Pricing errors galore happened on GamesPlanet (see this Reddit post) on mostly Capcom Stuff, which are now dead.

Missed them by probably an hour or so, as I was still sleeping, earlier this morning. :'(

Some stuff included:

• All DMC games if bought together were around $17 in total
  • DMC HD Collection was $7.09
  • DMC4: Special was $5.67
  • DMC5: Deluxe was $6.58
  • MHW: Master Edition was $14
  • RE2 Remake was $8
  • RE3 Remake was $12
  • RE7 Gold was $16
raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

I opened up Origin. After the cloud of dust settled, I'm looking at $59.99 preorder of biomutant. I guess the EA Desktop app is something different?
EA Desktop app is the app they want you to use with EA Play on Game Pass. It's different than origin.

So question. The EA Desktop app is listing Biomutant at $2.99 for a preorder. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
You're right. On the page, it looks as though the pre-order itself is only $2.99. If you add it to your cart, though, it only shows the Mercenary pre-order bonus DLC.

yjEEugU.png

But since it's so cheap, I went ahead and bought it. Seeing this even after restarting the client:

ytsOFsi.png

Worth the shot that it's the full game, imo. Otherwise, you could just get a refund for $3. Thanks for the post!

EDIT: EA Desktop Open Beta download

So question. The EA Desktop app is listing Biomutant at $2.99 for a preorder. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
I got the EA Play discount on mine as well, since I have my account linked to Xbox Live Ultimate, so it came to $2.69.

Worth a shot.

Edit: So, when I look at my order it says the Biomutant: The Mercenary Class. Makes me wonder if it's a DLC addon. Won't let me pre-load the game yet either. We'll see.

EA fixed the glitch and it says the pre-order is the regular price now so that feels as though the purchase was legitimate.  Find out in a few days, if not sooner.

"Dammit" @ Biomutant was $3-4. Another damn price error/glitch missed.

Cue the Dr. Who raining GIF.

Since the Elite: Dangerous base game was an Epic freebie a while back, I was hoping the coupon would work on the new Odyssey expansion. But since it's considered an add-on, the coupon doesn't work. #CAGproblems  :-({|=

Has HORRIBLE reviews; dont get it for a while
Just depends on your expectations, and if you are one of the unlucky ones to hit performance issues which is where most of the negative reviews are coming from. For me I still get the same performance I always did while having 70-90fps+ while on foot, so it runs just fine for me. The new stuff adds some interesting new game play options, and well its space legs which ED players have wanted forever.

Their expansions have always run like this though, first release is rocky and they continue to fix things and add more and more content over a couple years, dont think it has enough content for you yet, then dont buy it. Want to play the new stuff now and support them, then go for it

Just depends on your expectations, and if you are one of the unlucky ones to hit performance issues which is where most of the negative reviews are coming from. For me I still get the same performance I always did while having 70-90fps+ while on foot, so it runs just fine for me. The new stuff adds some interesting new game play options, and well its space legs which ED players have wanted forever.

Their expansions have always run like this though, first release is rocky and they continue to fix things and add more and more content over a couple years, dont think it has enough content for you yet, then dont buy it. Want to play the new stuff now and support them, then go for it
This is what's wrong with alot of gaming nowadays.

Has HORRIBLE reviews; dont get it for a while
No worries on that front. I see it's discounted on other sites (for the Steam version, which I don't have), looks like 20% discount max. I'll never get it at full price on Epic, and probably won't bite until it hits at least 50% off. So maybe never :lol:

Biomutant looks like hot trash to me for sure. That gameplay trailer that came out recently looked not at all for me as the combat was all over the place. The open world and graphics look fine, but yeah it looks a wait for reviews and very likely heavy discount. I wouldn't discount (hah) anyone for getting it though. It's too close to Ratchet and Clank PS5 anyway, so I'll just wait for that to get my platforming fix.

Biomutant looks like hot trash to me for sure. That gameplay trailer that came out recently looked not at all for me as the combat was all over the place. The open world and graphics look fine, but yeah it looks a wait for reviews and very likely heavy discount. I wouldn't discount (hah) anyone for getting it though. It's too close to Ratchet and Clank PS5 anyway, so I'll just wait for that to get my platforming fix.
I was skeptical until I watched Cohh play it last week; looks like alot of fun but we will see (i have no feelings for it either way; just need something to play instead of my backlogs lol)

Biomutant looks like the sort of game I'd try based on visuals, not click on the game play, then drop after the first evening. Perfect candidate for a $3 glitch price.

I can't cancel the Biomutant collector's edition because I locked in an order for $59.99 price mistake at Amazon.  It would go against my CAG credo. 

That's how much it costs to get high on deals. 

I can't cancel the Biomutant collector's edition because I locked in an order for $59.99 price mistake at Amazon. It would go against my CAG credo.

That's how much it costs to get high on deals.
So you’re paying full price for the game and get a poorly made plastic statue 😉 … I canceled mine too. Maybe it will be great, but I find that CE’s are really hard to justify at any price. The novelty wears off so fast and they usually take up too much space. Granted, there are a few that have come and gone over the years that I sort of wish I had held onto. Then again, no offense but I don’t think this CE is going to be the next Bioshock or even Alan Wake (loved both of those CEs and still sold them eventually).

Cancelled mine last week. Felt great
So you’re paying full price for the game and get a poorly made plastic statue … I canceled mine too. Maybe it will be great, but I find that CE’s are really hard to justify at any price. The novelty wears off so fast and they usually take up too much space. Granted, there are a few that have come and gone over the years that I sort of wish I had held onto. Then again, no offense but I don’t think this CE is going to be the next Bioshock or even Alan Wake (loved both of those CEs and still sold them eventually).
Someone posted pictures of the steelbook a few months back and said that it was getting added to the CE. But after looking at the item listings, and a couple unboxing videos, there is no steelbook included. Looks like it's only inside the Atomic Edition ($399 roffffl).

Gonna cancel mine now too!

Don’t do it … one of us has to keep their order so we can all live vicariously through that person and either regret or celebrate our cancellations 😆

Oops, found an unboxing link … looks pretty plasticky and cheap imo … glad I cancelled, personally

https://youtu.be/E7yaVKqoy14

So, for anyone that got in on the price glitch for Biomutant, have you been able to pre-load it?  

The button is greyed out for me, even though it says that I pre-ordered the Standard edition.

So, for anyone that got in on the price glitch for Biomutant, have you been able to pre-load it?

The button is greyed out for me, even though it says that I pre-ordered the Standard edition.
Rando on Reddit said "EA Desktop says Pre-load will be available 1 hr before release" so take that for whatever it's worth.

EA Play shows that it's available for pre-load on May 25th at 12:00pm and will release on May 25th at 12:00pm.

Time is confusing.

Reviews tend towards the 6-7/10 range with a few people utterly charmed by it and fewer who hate it but most are in the "Eh, it's not without it's positives but..." band of the spectrum.

EA Play shows that it's available for pre-load on May 25th at 12:00pm and will release on May 25th at 12:00pm.

Time is confusing.

Reviews tend towards the 6-7/10 range with a few people utterly charmed by it and fewer who hate it but most are in the "Eh, it's not without it's positives but..." band of the spectrum.
I'll wait for Mooby to watch a YooToob play through and tell me it's turrible before I choose not to buy it....

bread's done
Back