Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I was skeptical until I watched Cohh play it last week; looks like alot of fun but we will see (i have no feelings for it either way; just need something to play instead of my backlogs lol)
I didn't know anything about it until I saw Fextralife play it last week; I'm not at all interested now.

Epic v Apple arguments wrapped up yesterday and the judge indicated that she thought Apple's 30% cut was appropriate and that its "walled garden" ecosystem didn't constitute a monopoly.  The only part Apple caught any flack on was their prohibition against in-app notices that you could buy credits via website instead of only in game.  Even there, she said perhaps allowing a notice but without any website links might be fair.  Final ruling isn't due until August but it's hard to see any significant wins for Epic out of this.

EA Play shows that it's available for pre-load on May 25th at 12:00pm and will release on May 25th at 12:00pm.

Time is confusing.

Reviews tend towards the 6-7/10 range with a few people utterly charmed by it and fewer who hate it but most are in the "Eh, it's not without it's positives but..." band of the spectrum.
Clock was messed up on my PC and it let me click preload early, which I didn't know was early, since they emailed me at 6am. I clicked preload and the client got stuck on loading and seems to be confused. Here's hoping I don't have to get on a tech support chat with EA to try to fix my totally legit $3 purchase.

Clock was messed up on my PC and it let me click preload early, which I didn't know was early, since they emailed me at 6am. I clicked preload and the client got stuck on loading and seems to be confused. Here's hoping I don't have to get on a tech support chat with EA to try to fix my totally legit $3 purchase.
Yeah, I don't see this working at all. I'll just request a refund on the order if it doesn't download. The game doesn't show as part of my collection.

I wouldn't be surprised if the client-side servers aren't giving up the goods until it releases since otherwise anyone could just play with their clock to circumvent it.

Likewise, I would be zero percent surprised if it just didn't work and, despite what it says, we didn't actually pre-purchase the standard edition.

People saying it doesn't work. Quelle surprise!

Now we enter Phase 2 where I wait on other people to rage-storm at EA until they give us all the game. Or issue refunds. Whatever.
Yep. This is pretty much what I expected when I gave it a try.

I won't rage at anyone. It was a website mistake. If they give me a refund, I'll be fine with that.

Edit: And they did refund the DLC. No biggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing the Mercenary DLC right now. I'm at the first boss fight where the game fails to install and I get a 500 error. Might need to find a walkthrough online.

Y'all get ur biomutant DLC? lol
Is it cooler to spend $60 on a mediocre game than to invest $3 to see if we get the full game, with a refund if we don't?

You "x.x rawr glompz" children living with your moms never cease to amaze me.

Just saw Wario’s recent tweet and Biomutant download is working for me now! Waiting for it to somehow still get cancelled but it appears the $3 gamble paid off!

Nice.  Glad it worked out for you guys!  

Edit: Wow.... It actually worked for me to download AFTER getting the refund on the DLC.  

Is it cooler to spend $60 on a mediocre game than to invest $3 to see if we get the full game, with a refund if we don't?

You "x.x rawr glompz" children living with your moms never cease to amaze me.
Lol what? I refunded mine

When did you become so angry

Im so mad I didnt get it for $3 cause i was in bed and didnt wanna get up...no sweat off my back. I can also pay $15 to play it on EA pro...sooo

Played Biomutant for an hour:

uxjDepVQaVn7hT7Jd-DFNHwrPlc=.gif

Rough or legit bad?
Do you like the store brand mayonnaise of video games? Because I've got the store brand mayonnaise of video games for $3.

It's really pretty, but the sound design is really bad and I had to mute the stupid voice over pretty fast. All the monsters speak in gibberish and I'm pretty much skipping all the dialog.

The crafting is neat, the combat is flashy but floaty (3 hours of gameplay, or so, and I am still not keen on the control scheme), and there's just a vomitting of tutorials at you for the first hour, that I almost quit there.

I'll probably poke at it while watching Twitch or something. The crafting is unique and fun, they should've focused more on that and made the combat better.

If it was a $15~$20 Early Access release, I think you could go in with solid expectations. Saying it's a complete $60 game is a stretch, for me. Paying over $100 for a some collector's edition is a one way ticket to flushing your cash, IMO.

Rough or legit bad?
Combat has no weight to it. I'm swinging this greatsword around and it feels like I'm using a twig. Part of the blame for that lies on the audio design since there seems to be little if any feedback when you strike enemies. And for whatever reason I was getting slightly nauseous while playing. Something about the movement/camera. It happened when I watched a gameplay video last week and happened again tonight. Thought it might be the DoF or FoV but that wasn't it. This never happens to me in games, FWIW.

Game does look kinda nice I suppose. It's cool that apparently only 20 people made this but it definitely isn't for me.

If it was a $15~$20 Early Access release, I think you could go in with solid expectations. Saying it's a complete $60 game is a stretch, for me.
I can agree with that. I'm having some fun and the game obviously looks great (and I'm shallow enough for that to matter) but I'd be annoyed if I had dropped sixty bucks on it. If I bought it on a sale for $25, I'd be able to get over it. At three bucks, I'm not going to complain about wasting money. Going to also sign on to combat feeling floaty and with little impact -- which seems especially egregious for a kung-fu critter game -- and the narration wearing out its welcome within the first hour (and the cutesy verbiage that permeates every line of dialogue).

But I like the world design, the character system and the basic game mechanics (combat moves are good until you make impact and get let down). Haven't done much with crafting yet but it seems to get good marks from most accounts.

Yeah just not feeling Biomutant too. Like I was excited to try the game, but it has some design flaws that hinders the game. The combat isn't that good which I could overlook if the story kept me there but I am bored of the story already and I am tired of dialog choices every 3 feet it seems. Maybe that's just the beginning but it's still too much. The first two or so hours is extremely painful with everything and I mean I don't see the combat or story getting much better. Like I quit yesterday and was giving it another shot today and I just really was turned off by it.

Oh well, got it on sale so it is what it is.

Yeah just not feeling Biomutant too. Like I was excited to try the game, but it has some design flaws that hinders the game. The combat isn't that good which I could overlook if the story kept me there but I am bored of the story already and I am tired of dialog choices every 3 feet it seems. Maybe that's just the beginning but it's still too much. The first two or so hours is extremely painful with everything and I mean I don't see the combat or story getting much better. Like I quit yesterday and was giving it another shot today and I just really was turned off by it.

Oh well, got it on sale so it is what it is.
I feel this. Then I actually have fun with some side thing or crafty the weapons and I plod on.

All the sidequest nonsense I just skip that dialog as all the answers result in the same outcome. I don't think the dark/light side stuff does much but gate certain spells/abilities.

There's just so much stuff to do, but in a bad way, along with every single thing requiring tweaks and digging into, it's the definition of a mile wide and an inch deep.

I can see how you may enjoy it, but there are definitely better games that do some of this stuff better.

And I still hate the writing style very much so. And the way the dialog is presented, with the gibbering starting, then the text popping up seconds later... it's just tedious.

If there's anything of substance to that article, the important part is:
"According to a semi-recent leak, the next PlayStation exclusives in line for PC ports include God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Bloodborne, and the Uncharted Collection."
I hope all of those come to the PC also, of course. Would love to see all of that happen.

Some impressions after beating Love Esquire once around the 8-9 hour mark. This game is a pretty neat combination of VN/Raising Sim and light RPG elements. First of all the voice overs aren't that bad honestly. Every character has a voice and most are good enough at least. Sometimes the main character is kind of annoying and all and the girl's voices can be hit and miss on lines, but overall it's solid. The graphics are great and the gameplay is pretty fun. Pretty much you are a squire to a knight and raise your abilities to pass end of the month checks and also adventure out in light RPG gameplay to get money to buy gifts/training. Their is a time management thing here going to different places and training and all, but it's not super complicated. At areas you can get VN style events that raise your relationships with a few eligible ladies, of which there are 5 in all. You can talk to them normally about different topics, similar to Fureraba, and eventually you unlock more events, conversations and get their heart level to the next level. There are a few global event festivals that also lead to more scenes with the lady you pick and lead to massive relationship gains. I found the relationship thing to go slow at times, but I was pretty much able to finish the game within 3 months in game. You have 4 I believe, but the game ends when you max a relationship with one of the 5 girls. The screen transitions are probably the worst thing and slow down the game a lot. I like how animated it all is at times, but it causes too much downtime especially getting to the next day after sleeping. Overall I feel this game is an excellent cheaper pick up around $5 or bundled. It has a relatively decent story and the girls are very interesting to meet along with side characters. The gameplay brings it down a notch being very repetitive after a while, but overall it's still very fun. A solid 7/10 good game and recommended.

"According to a semi-recent leak, the next PlayStation exclusives in line for PC ports include God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Bloodborne, and the Uncharted Collection."
If someone can resurrect the MP from UC2 that would honestly be one of the best days in video game history, IMHO. That or Marvel Heroes Omega. (Before they fucked it up for console release.)

I'd buy Bloodborne day 1 no doubt, but Ghost of Tsushima on PC with ultrawide support will be incredible. And it would be nice for people to mod the armor from the multiplayer into the base game. No reason my Jin shouldn't be able to have dumb, glowy armor in at least NG+.

I restarted Biomutant (was only an hour in) with a Psi-Freak Gun-Wizard style dude which circumvents the issues with the floaty melee combat.  Plus I always play melee types in these games anyway so it's good to break the mold.  Still agree with the broad criticisms and, man, the narration and dialogue stuff really works to prevent a good game play flow so far but I'm still enjoying myself enough to keep playing.  I wasn't following the hype on the game and knew nothing much about it until a few weeks ago so, to me, it's just a pretty okay three dollar glitch game.

Probably 650 crossovers with BLM bundle but I'll still be taking a look at it

It does stand to reason that the same devs who'd contribute to the previous bundle are the ones most likely to contribute to this one so I expect to see mostly the same stuff, give or take some devs disillusioned from the last one or ones with new material from the past year.

bread's done
Back