Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My Secretlab chair came in and upon first usage it feels very well constructed.  

Secretlab-1.jpg

Secretlab-2.jpg

do your worst; because I love it.  I unpacked and assembled it in about 30min. Glad to finally replace this bonded leather piece of junk that has been shedding black flakes for years. Great experience with my first order from Secretlab.  Would recommend them to anyone.   (They are still on sale right now for -$30 off.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Secretlab-1.jpg

Secretlab-2.jpg

do your worst; because I love it. I unpacked and assembled it in about 30min. Glad to finally replace this bonded leather piece of junk that has been shedding black flakes for years. Great experience with my first order from Secretlab. Would recommend them to anyone. (They are still on sale right now for -$30 off.)
That's a great design. I got one at Christmas to replace a similarly flaking old chair but I went with a fabric one. It's really comfortable and very adjustable. The seat is a bit unforgiving after extended sessions (I use it for work too) but that's my only real complaint.

Secretlab-1.jpg

Secretlab-2.jpg

do your worst; because I love it. I unpacked and assembled it in about 30min. Glad to finally replace this bonded leather piece of junk that has been shedding black flakes for years. Great experience with my first order from Secretlab. Would recommend them to anyone. (They are still on sale right now for -$30 off.)
Those dainty lace curtains...

Glad to see that you've not only upgraded your chair, but have since moved out of the basement. Next step is probably upgrading the 90's maple-paneled furniture...

nerd_old_computer_glasses.jpg

In all seriousness, though, Secretlab makes a great chair. I bought the Titan earlier this year and have loved it while working from home. Could almost fall asleep in it.

Bought a Secretlab Titan in the black-on-black cloth variant as a Father's Day gift.  Very nice and solid and far better than the shitty IKEA office chair I was using (which was also shedding bonded leather bits and the arms had both broken because the chair was designed in a way where the plastic arms absorbed all the stress from reclining)

There's a code to get $10 off $50 purchases for new Raise customers I think, but that's all I've seen. I used to get great deals on Steam wallet at GameFlip back when you could activate foreign steam wallet codes in any region, but Steam restricted that late 2020 so you can't do that anymore
I didn't know you could activate foreign steam wallet codes!! :wall:

What if they're in a different currency?

Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection on PC [Steam] got an update w/ 1440p support & other stuff:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1580790?updates=true&emclan=103582791469891552&emgid=2968417243113740747

Version 1.0.0.1 was released today.
The changes are as below.

- Corrected issues related to actions and hit-detection.
- Added the screen resolution 1440p to LAUNCH OPTIONS.
When 1440p is specified in LAUNCH OPTIONS, the rendering resolution is 2560 x 1440.
- On the first startup, the game now enters Fullscreen Mode.
- Pressing Alt + Enter now switches between Fullscreen Mode and Windowed Mode.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when in Fullscreen Mode.
- When in Windowed Mode, closing the window now ends the app.
- The game now saves whether you used Windowed or Fullscreen mode, and enters the mode on the next startup.
- The app can now be ended from the pause menu.
- Other minor issues were corrected.

We plan to add graphics options in a future update.

I don’t need special chairs just to get comfortable while playing games since I’m not a geriatric yet.
I think its mainly to prevent issues down the road. As all the little things add up and could screw up your back or something well before hitting 50.

I should probably get one of those wrist rests to use while on the computer and get a better chair myself one day.

I think its mainly to prevent issues down the road. As all the little things add up and could screw up your back or something well before hitting 50.
You prevent issues down the road by getting exercise and not having terrible posture, not by sitting in orthopedic chairs for hours on end.

I think its mainly to prevent issues down the road.
I don't think the Secretlab chairs are especially "orthopedic" anyway aside from having a lumbar support. I just bought it because I was tired of owning shitty office chairs that start falling apart after a year of constant use. Cracked plastic parts, fake leather breaking apart, etc. And I'm not an especially heavy guy that chairs should be crumbling beneath me.

That said, it is hella comfortable once you get used to it not being a plush cushion.

What ones did you pick up?
Nioh 2

Raging Loop
Way of the Samurai 4
YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the bound of this world

I've had my eye on a few other things like the 2nd and 3rd Trails in the Sky games but I'm not really in the mood for those kinds of games at the moment and they'd sit in the backlog until who knows when. Thanks for asking about the pickups.

Saw this on steamgifts...

Free game on steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1528120/ComPressure/

The dev sold 1000 copies and chose to make the game free by putting the full version in the demo branch.  So download the demo and get the full game.

Not sure why he went this route instead of making the game free and having a donation "DLC" purchase.

Seems achievements will work in the demo branch.

Buy specific amount Gamestop gift card at Rakuten. Get 5% cashback

Use the specific amount Gamestop gift card to buy Steam wallet at the store.

Anyone ever tried this? Would tax negate the advantages of this method?

Would they charge tax on GCs? I've never paid tax on GCs since that would mean they get you twice (once when you buy it, again when you use it).
Gift cards are definitely not subject to sales tax in any state I know of, but the only question here is whether Rakuten knows this, which I'd be a little more dubious about.

Depending on what games you wanted to buy, you might just be better off getting them from Fanatical which routinely undercuts Steam's prices and sells Steam keys.  A few months ago I bought about $50 in Steam gift cards from Gamestop but that's because I had a 20% off cashback promo on one of my credit cards.

The OST should be available on YouTube if you wanna give it a listen. It’s pretty good, though not a style I’m usually in to. The main artist is Shigeru Soejima, who’s been doing the Persona series since P3. You can find plenty of examples of his work just by searching. I have the physical Japanese artbook (picked it up at a con years ago when I was still going to those), and I liked it. Not sure what the resolution is on the digital version.
Thanks.

I cheaped-out and bought the P4G: Standard Ed from Fanatical for $9.89 after coupon with Boosteroidsummer coupon (for 10% off extra).

I know there’s been a slight resurgence in the space flight “sim” genre in the past several years, but I haven’t paid a ton of attention to what’s been released in that time. Can anyone make any recommendations? Elite Dangerous, the X series, and Star Citizen are the only modern titles I know of offhand and I’m not touching Star Citizen with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.

These were the last two games I bought; Returnal and Demon Souls. I'm about halfway through DS right now and I'm having a blast. During a Target video game sale the other week I was looking through the PS5 game listings and came to this conclusion: wow this is probably the best year1 lineup of any console this century. The PS5 actually has an awesome assortment of games for its first nine months of existence, which really surprised me.

I know there’s been a slight resurgence in the space flight “sim” genre in the past several years, but I haven’t paid a ton of attention to what’s been released in that time. Can anyone make any recommendations? Elite Dangerous, the X series, and Star Citizen are the only modern titles I know of offhand and I’m not touching Star Citizen with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.
There's Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw but it is not as ambitious.

There's Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw but it is not as ambitious.
Doesn’t have to be ridiculous in scope, my favorite in the genre is probably still X-Wing. I’ll take anything good where you’re flying around space from a cockpit view and you can shoot some stuff occasionally.

Since we're on space-sims and space-shooters - such as EgoSoft's X games, Freelancer, RG: Outlaw, etc - has anyone played Everspace 2 yet?

My take might be a bit biased just since Ive been playing it so long, but id still recommend Elite. First its basically super cheap/free (if you can find a key from someone) at this point. It does get a wrap of 'mile wide and inch deep', but you can go bounty hunting to shoot things, mining, transport cargo/people, exploration, and then other random missions. Its mostly in how you approach it. It does not hold your hand and its up to you to figure out what you want to do. Plus if you have friends with it the multiplayer works well (barring issues with the most recent DLC that they've now fixed) to wing up and do missions/stuff together

You dont need the most recent DLC either to get all the space stuff, you just wont have the on-foot and whatever future things come from it, but its not necessary at all

For the price though IMHO it cant be beat

Doesn’t have to be ridiculous in scope, my favorite in the genre is probably still X-Wing. I’ll take anything good where you’re flying around space from a cockpit view and you can shoot some stuff occasionally.
I'm sure you've played it before but the Knossos mods for Freespace and Freespace 2 really make those games quite enjoyable to play again on a modern PC. I have the GOG versions of both games and they really look and play well.

I have not been able to find a good single player sci-fi space game like those in a while either, so I'll be curious to see what others say.

bread's done
Back