Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Bethesda gave Quake away last year during Quakecon, so some may already have access to the remaster through Bethesda. I went ahead and bought it on Steam anyway for the $1.26.

Yay, for free upgrades!

The Super ID Software Pack was (apparently) my 2nd Steam purchase and my account is almost old enough to drive a car.

They grow up so fast.

Quake Remastered (new Steam Update) also includes:

• All Expansions (“The Scourge of Armagon” and “Dissolution of Eternity").
  • MachineGames' 2 Extra Episodes
    (“Dimension of the Past” & the new episode “Dimension of the Machine”);
  • Achievements;
  • Quake 64 as a Mod (if you have Bethesda.Net account tied to it);
  • Vulkan Support for Quake Remastered here.
  • Etc Etc.
You don't have to buy the expansions now, if you just own/buy Quake (Remastered) base-game here.

Yup, I love my Quake Source Ports and all - but this rocks too.

For those who don't use Source Ports - this is gonna be awesome for them. No muss, no fuss; just play.

Plus, Quake 64; original MachineGames' episode (Past) and a new MG Episode (Machine) = WIN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought into Quake using the Paypal offer about buying $25 dollars in crypto and get $25 dollars of Paypal offer credit. (I believe there's just four coins, including BTC, ETH).

You can find the offer on the homepageeeee.

Played through Twelve Minutes. Took about 4 hours. Surprisingly was more of a point-and-click adventure game than I expected which is fine by me, I love the genre. Really enjoyed the "A-ha!" moments where you either intentionally or accidentally uncover the solution to a puzzle and are able to progress the story. Very ambitious game which ends up being both a strength and part of the problem. Sometimes the time loop stuff comes across as brilliant, other times it's tedious. For maybe the first 3/4 of the game, it feels like you're constantly finding something new or experiencing small changes in the timeline, so most loops are still rewarding. But once you hit the final stretch and there's less new information to gather, you find yourself repeating the same loop trying to find the way to move forward. And you start losing patience. Which is maybe intentional since now you're feeling more and more like the character you control as his frustrations mount, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

And without spoiling too much:

I'm very conflicted about the ending. I appreciate the boldness of the direction that the story goes but I don't think it's executed all that well. Part of it might be the writing; I had no emotional attachment to the characters as they were presented.

So yeah, Twelve Minutes certainly goes for it and tries some interesting things, and it almost gets there, but doesn't quite stick the landing.

Reviewers loving a game; gamer love for a game; or both - and also hype too, if that's a factor - can really cause someone to be disappointed w/ something.

I dunno, but sometimes games get more (or less variety) of quests; missions; story, plots, etc - by DLC's; chapters later; and/or expansions. Depends per game, TBH. [shrug]

Not that I'd expect much variety w/ Hades - but some games like that, you have to either really love what it does and not get sick of it, in those type of games (if you can); or you get let down b/c it lacks variety or disappoints in some sort of way.

I've had games that are great early on, but lose steam (no pun intended) once they get further along for some reason(s) - i.e. The Council; certain AC games; etc etc.

Some games - like say Mars: War Logs - got better once you get past the repetitive opening areas & quests; got more areas and enemy variety type to battle; more interesting quests; etc etc - and you can tell they got better & smarter w/ game design as their development went along. [shrug]

For certain players - some games are too long and/or too repetitive, at some point.
Huh, I guess I agree on Assassin's Creed: the first one was fun for the first couple hours but got old and repetitive before it ended, at less than 20 hours.

So I'd say about Assassin's Creed: was fun the first few hours, got old by hour eight or nine.

But 51 hours though? At what hour did Hades suddenly go from "oh yeah I want to keep playing this" to "this is underwhelming"?

If you've played 51 hour you've already beaten it a few times. If it didn't get old until several times through the game, maybe the game isn't underwhelming, maybe you just played it too much.

I also played 12 Hours which was an interesting game, but one that totally missed the mark IMHO.

12 Hours has you as a husband character entering your apartment and you spend quality time together with your wife. Everything seems normal until you get a knock at your door that starts this ambitious mess. You end up in a time loop and you have to keep playing them over and over finding out new information each time. It plays like a really awkward point and click adventure game. With clicking you move around and interact with objects. You can combine objects with stuff and use them for puzzles of sorts. It took me about 3 hours using walkthroughs along the way for 2 of the loops. One was the second loop, so I was having issues from the beginning. If you don't see a scene from an exact place that isn't really mentioned, you will never get a key point of information for many of the loops. Every loop you need to get the same items and use them and dialogue options to hopefully get yourself into another loop. Eventually you reach a penultimate loop and get to forget this game ever existed.

I honestly kind of liked the game for the first 30 minutes. It seemed neat and the characters, while not being explained well, seemed unique and all. This quickly turned into tedium and forced me to look at an early walkthrough to get past the second loop. I wouldn't have guessed that way to get information and would have taken forever to get to that conclusion. Other loops I got through okay other than one loop where I couldn't figure out something and needed to watch another walkthrough. For one other loop I kept making bad choices and forcefully ended the loop. I had to also watch a walkthrough to figure out how to get the final loop. It wasn't intuitive and was frankly a stupid ending. Most of the endings were kind of stupid and every character managed to piss me off along the way. The game kept going on and on when I just wanted it to end. I honestly barely got to know any character and felt little connection and honestly didn't care that much about them when it ended. It had a story to tell and it was stupid. The characters acted annoying and somewhat one dimensional at times. It was ridiculous. I dislike them all and doing the same things over and over. I failed the freakin' 2nd to last loop about 10 times and I got tired of hearing the conversations over and over. Frankly this would have been better as a visual novel.

I thought the graphics were pretty average. They had a simple look to them, but where sharp enough. I loved the paintings around the game, and the atmosphere of pretty much the only place the game takes place is just OK. The voice acting is excellent. There is a lot of dialogue, but so much of it is fluff. You learn more and more mysteries with each loop, but it gets so annoying very fast. The music is good for the piano in the intro and ending, but there is very little of it. It's all about natural sounds, which is alright, but can get annoying.

I didn't like this game. I had a headache by the end and thought all the characters sucked after all that. So much time was wasted each loop getting the same old items and reading the same old dialogue mocking you pretty much for failing that loop. It all leads to a really dumb ending in a story that becomes so convoluted and so matter of fact, that of course all these items fall into place to make all these ties the characters have to each other work. It's just bad. If this was a visual novel the story would still be bad, but I doubt you would have to keep getting the items and such over and over. It would likely just make you go to the previous entry and choose another choice instead of having the frustrations fitting of the main character of going through the same garbage over and over. I'm giving it a 5/10 for being ambitious and having a neat idea for the game. It's just too bad the story, characters and gameplay are all generally annoying, dumb, or very tedious. I would say don't even play bundled, but it seems interesting and it will sucker others in. 

12 Hours has you as a husband character entering your apartment and you spend quality time together with your wife.
This is even better than those games where I spent three hours cleaning an imaginary garage while neglecting my own house.

So out of curiosity... If you were to buy a prebuilt system right now which company would you all use?
If it were me, I'd view it as buying a card with a forced bundle of other components. So I'd just be looking for the best card for the price.

The one data point I have is ordering from cyberpower to get my 3070 in January. Ordering process, component selection, and build quality was good - and in ways better than advertised (was given free upgrades to a few components based on available inventory). But the times I contacted customer service by phone or email.. they were absolutely terrible and negligent.

While in general I agree, I feel like less toaster talk and less Epic talk are both positives.
[Dr. Who Rain GIF]

What, did someone unplug him?
No, not yet.

I was too busy playing Quake Remastered last night to post, I guess.

Impressions/Review coming for that soon too.

Oh, and I watched also some Impact Wrestling and the new AEW Dark Special Episode last night...before CM Punk possibly shows up at AEW Rampage tonight.

Storybundle has another game book bundle The Summer Invasion Game Bundle. I forgot about this one because I don't feel the quality of books is as good as previous ones. It runs for about another week.

$5 Tier

Retro Game Super Translation Selection
by Kurt Kalata and Hanenashi Error

Through The Moongate: Part II
by Andrea Contato

Breaking Out of the Games Industry
by Matthew M. White

Doing Things with Games
by Lindsay Grace

$15+ tier

Critical Kate's Thrilling Threads
by Kate Willaert

Monsters in the Dark
by David L. Craddock

Boss Fight Books: Resident Evil
by Philip J Reed

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
by Gabe Durham

Women in Game Development
edited by Jennifer Brandes Hepler

Retro Game Super Translation Selection II
by Kurt Kalata and Hanenashi Error

20 Essential Games to Study
by Joshua Bycer

Meh, I already own Quake on GoG (probably still have the shareware cd somewhere too), not paying another $5-10 for it (indie gala price went up). GoG is offering Quake 2 RTX for free if you own it there fyi.

Meh, I already own Quake on GoG (probably still have the shareware cd somewhere too), not paying another $5-10 for it (indie gala price went up). GoG is offering Quake 2 RTX for free if you own it there fyi.
I know this doesn't top the $1.26 deal yesterday for Quake 1...

But if you are trying to go Remastered/Enhanced here on Quake 1 for Steam...

Quake 1 for Steam is $2.79 over on GMG:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/quake/

Just mentioning though it may not 100% be game related (well video games at least) Fanatical has an expensive Warhammer books bundle page discounting 6 collections containing stories of certain characters and groups. They vary in price and also where they fall in series (Warhammer 40K book series are notoriously weird on this other than certain series like the Horus Heresy books). I will may buy the Ciaphis Cain one (lots of books collected here) and the Dante & Mephiston collection. I kind of wish Humble/Fantatical did the books like this in the past, as they seemed like random books collected other than the earlier Horus Heresy books. Expensive but could be worth it to some.

Nice, played a couple rounds and was worth the $2.79.

Although in both rounds, by the end of the round all the players but two had left.

I'd give it a couple days tops before it won't be able to sustain enough players for matchmaking.

Nice, played a couple rounds and was worth the $2.79.

Although in both rounds, by the end of the round all the players but two had left.

I'd give it a couple days tops before it won't be able to sustain enough players for matchmaking.
I do think given how much content is here - i.e. Base Game, 2 Expansions, 2 MachineGames Episodes, Quake 64 via Mod section, etc; yeah, even just all the single-player content there and the fixed NIN Soundtrack - that's worth it for the almost $3 or so.

If you own NONE of Q1; or barely any Quake 1 content at all (maybe you're missing some expansions); and/or you just don't want to do all this Source Port modding stuff - this is a heck of a deal. Just boot-up, go & play.

I'm actually curious what the Source Ports will do - if they later get updates and whatnot to handle/support the New Episode and all of that goodness; kind of like how Duke32 added later support for Episode 5 from World Tour Edition. I can't wait to see what modders do, as always.

Sure, this all doesn't beat when it was $1.26 on IndieGala the other day - but still, it's an awesome remaster. To just boot & play - it's dope.

Though, I did notice - looks like Steam-version's protected w/ Steam DRM, yet Bethesda-version (which I got free last year from a giveaway) seems to work offline and even without Bethesda.Net Launcher.

EDIT:

"Steam_appid.txt" file trick works on Quake Remastered on Steam, if you need to go offline w/ it and/or need to not boot Steam Client-App up for some reason. Create that file & file-name it "Steam_appid.txt" file and stick that in "Rerelease" folder (i.e. where the EXE file is) and put in Quake's app number of 2370 in there.

In general, you can do that w/ any Steam games if you know the app's ID number (just check the game page on Steam, it's there - look on the end of the URL with all the numbers), just to try to see if you can workaround Steam DRM.

Just know: right now, all mods in Mods section only work when online. They plan to fix that in an update, as they say that was not their intention - https://bethesda.net/en/article/53tAlMd4N1Aptp9PvdxWD/quake-release-notes-and-faq

Shout-out to GOG thread for this info - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/steam_games_you_can_play_without_the_steam_client/post1693

Thanks, yeah I got it there after looking around for it. Remaster is decent though the intro movies are bugged. Online wasn't working when I tried earlier this morning.

Anyone know if they're going to let people run TF servers/mods?

I haven't been checking Indiegala for a while, but here are a few freebies (download only, no Steam key).

Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards

https://freebies.indiegala.com/leisure-suit-larry-1-in-the-land-of-the-lounge-lizards

Leisure Suit Larry 2: Looking for Love (In Several Wrong Places)

https://freebies.indiegala.com/leisure-suit-larry-2-looking-for-love-in-several-wrong-places

The Mims

https://freebies.indiegala.com/the-mims-beginning

Web Spice

https://freebies.indiegala.com/web-spice

o7ujjWv.png

nZfVLC9sFuRTI2dSdYDK2c9QYZQ=.gif

As someone who lives on the Gulf Coast and goes through about one hurricane a year, this one is nothing to worry about.

Having said that, last year a moderately powerful hurricane did blow off a portion of my roof (neighbors on both sides had to have their roofs replaced) and down a tree which sucked because the tree took out the power line to so no AC for a while and that was the real hard part.

On the bright side I learned how to put down tarp well enough to last during 80 MPH winds when the next one hit... I'm not sure why my tarp held on better than an actual roof though.

As someone who lives on the Gulf Coat and goes through about one hurricane a year, this one is nothing to worry about.
Having grown up in FL and also lived up north, the difference is the Northerners cry about everything. Back in the south we're like 'f'it let's have a party'.

Since they don't experience it very often, it's like having a hypochondriac tell you what ails them today. You just have to nod and smile politely because in their mind we're just dumb southerners.

Having grown up in FL and also lived up north, the difference is the Northerners cry about everything. Back in the south we're like 'f'it let's have a party'.

Since they don't experience it very often, it's like having a hypochondriac tell you what ails them today. You just have to nod and smile politely because in their mind we're just dumb southerners.

I mean I've lived in FL my whole life and worked a decent amount of jobs in the NE. The actual difference is they don't have the infrastructure to support the cities in big storms like this. Additionally most of the coastal areas are low lying and below sea level so they're at risk for massive flooding from storm surge. Nothing to do with northerners being whiny.

I mean I've lived in FL my whole life and worked a decent amount of jobs in the NE. The actual difference is they don't have the infrastructure to support the cities in big storms like this. Additionally most of the coastal areas are low lying and below sea level so they're at risk for massive flooding from storm surge. Nothing to do with northerners being whiny.
So what you're saying is... they don't prepare for occasions like this. Even though it happens relatively regularly. (and don't act like they don't have the infrastructure.. FL passed New York on Pop a few years back and everyone knows all the NY'rs retire here)

Kinda like when the northerners blamed Texas power company for not preparing for the once in a generation Blizzard/snowfront?

P.S. Don't mind me, I'm just feeling feisty today. Everywhere has some weird issues that they don't deal with regularly. I just wanna knock over someone's sandcastle today.

Having grown up in WI and also lived in the land of Dixie, the difference is the Southerners cry about everything. Back in the North we're like 'cripes! Have a barley pop and some cheese curds dontchaknow'.

Since they don't experience snow very often, it's like having a hypochondriac tell you what ails them today. You just have to nod and smile politely because in their mind we're just dumb northerners.

Ftfy

You are dumb southerners, though.

Both Florida and Texas are rife with complete morons that bitch about mask mandates and gun control laws and foist every responsibility for the well-being of children on underpaid teachers. And when you idiots get a few inches of snow, the whole state shuts down.

It's almost as if your stupid ass doesn't know the difference between climate zones and immediately think we should be prepared for hurricanes when you aren't prepared for winter. But the truth is that we actually have houses and don't live in foundation-less trailers like most of Florida. But what can you expect from the state that consistently broke records for amount of COVID cases throughout the pandemic? Even putting on a mask is apparently too complicated for your drug-addled brains.

In the North we thank the lord every day that we don't live in the South.

I feel like that's Floridians response to everything.
That's why we're like 25th on the Covid deaths and everyone cries about it...

But no one points out that a ton of Northern states top that list even with the lockdowns.

So we party hard... hurricanes just give us an excuse ;)

I'm bored.. I need another game review to buy on Steam and not play

bread's done
Back