Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
[customspoiler=Nerd Time.]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erFug5CaCJw[/media]

[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Forza Horizon 5 - PC Requirements

IGN Article - https://www.ign.com/articles/forza-horizon-5-pc-specs-amd-nvidia

Picture/chart w/ requirements:

bb83c500-8ef0-481f-9d9f-e3aff53b156d-1633001749433.jpg

I wish they mentioned the resolution and frames per sec. they were aiming for w/ each of these settings.

And also, if RT is on or off. 

I'd guess RT might be on, in the Ideal section? [shrug]

So did any of the bundlefiesta bundles on Fanatical end up being any good at all? Tried looking at them but didn't find any remotely compelling.

Best bundle they've had recently IMO is the Shantae one from before bundlefiesta.

Question for you guys. Do you know if you can pay for the steam deck with your steam wallet credit or will i need to use a card? Just wondering if I should invest my gamestop credit in steam currency.

Thanks.

Question for you guys. Do you know if you can pay for the steam deck with your steam wallet credit or will i need to use a card? Just wondering if I should invest my gamestop credit in steam currency.

Thanks.
Yes I've seen official statements from steam saying you can pay with wallet funds. I've been building steam credit for that reason.

So did any of the bundlefiesta bundles on Fanatical end up being any good at all? Tried looking at them but didn't find any remotely compelling.

Best bundle they've had recently IMO is the Shantae one from before bundlefiesta.
The mochi bundle was a new low price on Giga Wrecker, a game that doesn’t seem to have reviewed all that well, but I generally like non-Pokemon games from Game Freak. The build your own very positive bundle is the lowest Ittle Dew 2 has been, and I thought the original was pretty good. The grand finale bundle is pretty mediocre, but it’s the first time VVVVVV has been in a bundle (Humble’s overpriced seasonal charity bundles don’t count) in ages, and that’s still a great game.

There are some other decent bundles, but only in that you’ve-somehow-managed-to-avoid-picking-up-most-of-the-good-stuff-in-spite-of-most-of-it-being-bundled-to-death Fanatical sort of way.

Wasted too much time checking each of the poor fanatical offerings.  At the end of the day there was just one game I wanted (Fell Seal), so I just bought it from someone in the trade thread here.

Wasted too much time checking each of the poor fanatical offerings. At the end of the day there was just one game I wanted (Fell Seal), so I just bought it from someone in the trade thread here.
fartical go to wihgpinp caeg wtih kelly kelly nad barbie blansk they bad boi heehehhe

I was on the fence about posting this here because I don't want to seem to spammy, but I suppose it's technically a deal in an unusual way: I launched the Kickstarter for my game this week, and Steam keys are offered in it for 25% off retail ($15 instead of $20), to be released next year. Threw a link in my signature if anyone's interested.

The grand finale bundle is pretty mediocre, but it’s the first time VVVVVV has been in a bundle (Humble’s overpriced seasonal charity bundles don’t count) in ages
I think that was in the Itch.io extremely-underpriced charity bundle a little while ago.

Thanks for the other recs!

To those of you with or know others with "gaming" chairs...any recommendations for chairs in the $80-$100 range? Would anything in that range even be worthwhile? Fake Amazon reviews make this type of purchase a bit more difficult.

This would be for an adolescent's gift. 

I myself use reclaimed government office chairs that I paid $0 for, so buying a chair is somewhat foreign to me.

Id probably just try some regular office chairs for that price range in a store. I had a 'gaming' chair that was in that price range, within 6mo the arm cushions were permanently dented making them uncomfortable to just rest my arm on, and the base cushion felt hard as a rock and was useless as padding after that time too (it started off OK). Sad to say it is one of those you get what you pay for situations

But you can find an average office chair for that much that probably isnt too bad

For an adolescent is hard, since they’re going to want something that looks cool, which for chairs kinda precludes quality at any price range, let alone that one.

To those of you with or know others with "gaming" chairs...any recommendations for chairs in the $80-$100 range? Would anything in that range even be worthwhile? Fake Amazon reviews make this type of purchase a bit more difficult.

This would be for an adolescent's gift.

I myself use reclaimed government office chairs that I paid $0 for, so buying a chair is somewhat foreign to me.
I bought my daughter this one last October. It still seems in pretty good condition almost a year later.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08C7LMK83

Yeah, I figured this would be a hard purchase given the price range. But, I'm stuck between he's a teen who nonchalantly destroys everything regardless of price/quality (see Ikea hand-me-down desk I owned for ten years under heavy use that he managed to wreck in under 2) and he wants the visually cool things without knowing why. Example, he has asked me for a 'mechanical' keyboard, when pressed for details, he pointed to his mom's G910. When pressed again for actual details, he said, one that is mechanical and goes type-y typ-y.  Previously, he had asked to permanently borrow his mom's other keyboard, a CoolerMaster MasterKeys Lite...a "mem-chanical" keyboard.  :wall:

Yeah, I figured this would be a hard purchase given the price range. But, I'm stuck between he's a teen who nonchalantly destroys everything regardless of price/quality (see Ikea hand-me-down desk I owned for ten years under heavy use that he managed to wreck in under 2) and he wants the visually cool things without knowing why. Example, he has asked me for a 'mechanical' keyboard, when pressed for details, he pointed to his mom's G910. When pressed again for actual details, he said, one that is mechanical and goes type-y typ-y. Previously, he had asked to permanently borrow his mom's other keyboard, a CoolerMaster MasterKeys Lite...a membrane keyboard. :wall:
I got my teenage niece a refurb Red Dragon off Amazon for 29.99 with blue keycaps. Its got rgb and she loves how "clicky" it is.

I got my teenage niece a refurb Red Dragon off Amazon for 29.99 with blue keycaps. Its got rgb and she loves how "clicky" it is.
Yeah, I'm guessing he just wants the tactile feel. The Romer switches are close to a brown and he said he didn't like my $27 (Amazon Used-Like New, steal of a deal if I don't say so) Epomaker S68 with red switches. I don't know if I can bring myself to get him something with blues though, he's loud enough on his own.

<old man>

Youtubers and streamers!

</old man>
I identify with this too much.

A mini-review/impressions after 8.3 hours of Rogue Lords. If people know me on here I play a lot of rogue lites/likes/deck builders/etc. I really like Rogue Lords. This game is hard as heck and requires a good amount of strategy and risk.

In this game you play the Devil who I believe who has famous monsters that you play as a group of 3. They all have their skills and they cost a certain amount of energy. I forget what the default is, but I believe it's 5 or 6 energy a turn. Each monster gets to play these skills which give bonuses to themselves, give negative effects to the opponent, or attacks the opponent. This game is unique where each opponent has an HP bar and a spirit bar. You can get rid of any of them to down opponents. You proceed on a map similar to Slay the Spire except you walk everywhere for encounters (this is slow and one of the few negatives for this game). There you have battles, elite battles, events which can raise stats (important!), shops, a place to sacrifice a skill to never learn it again and get more skill slots and replace the removed skill, and event spots for story.

There is a major quirk to the battle system. First of all your 3 monster team has an HP bar and Spirit Bar. If they ever go down to 0 you get a critical warning and it starts draining a pool of shared energy when attacked. If this reaches 0 your run is over. This pool of energy is very important for gameplay. You can do devil deals that do a lot of things, but they drain this pool's energy. They can influence events to make them more likely to succeed, get rid of bad global events, steal buffs from the enemy (amazing!), drain the enemy's HP/SP bar, and even heal your monster's HP/SP. This is critical to be good at this game. Many are complaining about the difficulty and it's super tough. Synergy does matter as well as leveling up skills and getting better ones. You can level up same level skills by getting 3 of them at the same level. They turn into a higher level skill of the same type and you get another skill, so this is well worth it. Those events I mentioned are the major way to get stat ups, and I highly recommend all of them and prioritize getting the HP/SP bonuses. Also you can earn artifacts that grant bonuses to characters and such similar to Slay the Spire/Monster Train.

I need to explain the battle system a bit more to mention how it works. Before you battle you choose what you want as a reward. These are skills, souls which are money, and bonus effects, which I think are worthless. All your skills once used are not useable again until you refresh your monsters. This is how you get your skills back and different characters cost more to do this and may have special abilities attached to it such as Bloody Mary setting up a mirror that allows her skills to act twice.  You defeat all the enemies HP or SP wise and move on. Elite battles are tougher, but you gain an artifact you choose from 3 offered on victory similar to Slay the Spire. Also the devil powers can help here and it's smart to use your power wisely. I won using draining, getting rid of effects, healing and all. I managed all the HP/SP levels with this.

The story goes that the devil wants certain objects and each area has one with I believe 5 story events in between. Between the story points are all the things mentioned before like shops, events and battles. It is decent and is well illustrated. I hate how you can't skip the story quickly if you've played the chapter a few times, and you will play the chapter a few times. The art is great and everyone animates well. I love the voices and feel this game is just high quality.

I need to mention the major flaws which are a big map to walk around and interact with. I would prefer a Slay the Spire mapping and clicking for brevity sake. Also the difficulty is challenging. You need to find some synergies and figure out how to best use their powers. I do random teams all the time and just adapt. People are complaining like crazy, and they need to learn what's important and how to use the devil powers. I bet they're not using them at all and they are very important.

Honestly Rogue Lords is a very unique RPG skill raising, 3 person party, tough as nails, and fun rogue-lite. I like it a lot especially compared with the Steam reviews. The DLC is not needed and just makes The Headless Horseman, Bloody Mary and Dracula have more Victorian Outfits. I like them though. This is my favorite one of these type of games in a while. I love the art, challenge, voices and overall cleanness of it all. There is a decent amount of stuff to unlock including 6 main stories and 9 players to play. There is an OK amount of achievements as well. If you're not put off by weaker characters at first, not afraid to sacrifice things for power, and a good amount of challenge with tedium from walking a big map, I would recommend it. Easily one of the better rogue-lite somewhat deck building skill power RPG games that has come out in a while. 8/10.

Yeah, I'm guessing he just wants the tactile feel. The Romer switches are close to a brown and he said he didn't like my $27 (Amazon Used-Like New, steal of a deal if I don't say so) Epomaker S68 with red switches. I don't know if I can bring myself to get him something with blues though, he's loud enough on his own.
The Redragon brown switch I use was recently on sale at Amazon for $40 but unfortunately it's back up to $60 (y you no wen).

All the tecwares are on sale still which use the same brown switches as the redragon's i think (plus you can do all their rgb programming via keyswitches instead of stupid software)

https://www.amazon.com/TECWARE-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Excellent/dp/B076YJM3V3/ref=sr_1_1

https://www.amazon.com/Tecware-Phantom-Mechanical-Keyboard-Outemu/dp/B079HTZQYV/ref=sr_1_2

https://www.amazon.com/Tecware-Phantom-Profile-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B085728VLZ/ref=sr_1_3

theres probably more on sale from them (just check the tecware store from one of those pages), just depending on what style, key amount, and if you want low profile or not. I personally got the 87key brown switch one from that list a couple months back and its been good so far. Wanted to try a replacement for my old logi g810 while being TKL and it fits the bill pretty well, also got a set of pudding keycaps to make it look all fancy.

I have no direct experience with either of these but, if I was making your purchase, I would probably choose between this chair and this chair. My reasoning being that the failure points on my last couple "economy priced" chairs were cheap PU leather that started to tear/disintegrate and cracking armrests when they were the sole attachment point for the back to the seat. The ones I linked are cloth/mesh to avoid the cheap PU pseudo-leather issue and both have dedicated attachment points for the seat to the back rather than putting all the stress on the arms when he reclines. You could maybe find something even better without the gamer aesthetic but I know you gotta impress the teenager rather than saying "But this is sensible and practical!"

I see that the second one does come in a PU leather model for extra gamery-gamerness but at least it avoids the armrest thing. Also, a brief search did mention the AuAg model on some "Best chairs on a budget" type lists but it's the internet so who knows which lists are reputable and which are sponsored clickbait garbage or written by some intern just grabbing random high rated shit off Amazon's search.

My wife was curious about more PC gaming, but her laptop was integrated nonsense.  Found a local PC store that sold a rebuilt XPS desktop with an i7-8700 and XFX RX 580 for $800 w/ 16GB RAM, 256GB NVME drive and 1TB HDD.  Even has a new PSU (Gigabyte, not Rosewill junk).  Can't say I'd be able to build a desktop for cheaper given the aftermarket price on both the two main components.

Ended up picking it up, works well and is around the right power range for what she's looking for right now.  Crazy to find a good deal on PC stuff right now.

Gigabyte psu's can be pretty poor, depends on model of course.  But yeah anything with competent graphics at non-ridiculous prices is pretty much a deal these days.

Yep.  Normally I'd say that's a fairly bad price but we're still living in the age where it's next to impossible to find a reasonably priced GPU.

Good luck finding a solid GPU period. You'd be better off buying a custom-build from (CyberPower, IBuyPower, etc) or pre-build from somewhere loaded w/ a nice GPU already.

Saw this from CyberPower for $1264, before 5% off coupon (code NORUSH if you don't want it shipped ASAP) and before any changing of the system parts:

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Battlebox-2021-Essential-Core

Specs - Coolermaster 750w PSU; i5 11600KF; 1TB Gigabyte SSD NVMe; 8GB VRAM Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti; 8 GB regular RAM 3200mhz (ewww, make sure you upgrade that in here to 16GB for the extra $50 or just buy more RAM on your own).

Yep. Normally I'd say that's a fairly bad price but we're still living in the age where it's next to impossible to find a reasonably priced GPU.
Kiss your days of $200-$300 mid-range gaming GPUs goodbye, Mooby. That goalpost has since long been moved and it's never coming backward. GPU makers have learned that they can charge oh so much more for anything close to high-end or reasonably modern.

I could sell my GTX 1080 for well more than the $300 I paid three years ago. It's insanity. Imaginary currency and constrained Chinese manufacturing have a stranglehold on everything.

My wife was curious about more PC gaming, but her laptop was integrated nonsense. Found a local PC store that sold a rebuilt XPS desktop with an i7-8700 and XFX RX 580 for $800 w/ 16GB RAM, 256GB NVME drive and 1TB HDD. Even has a new PSU (Gigabyte, not Rosewill junk). Can't say I'd be able to build a desktop for cheaper given the aftermarket price on both the two main components.

Ended up picking it up, works well and is around the right power range for what she's looking for right now. Crazy to find a good deal on PC stuff right now.
Yeah she has been curious about trying new stuff lately.

Trust me, rather build something affordable, but parting out a system and then adding in a card?  $1200+ easy.  Most of the part were new. 

It's not the best, but it's a start.

I think that at this point if my gaming PC died completely and I needed to replace everything, I'd just say "Screw it", buy a Series S for $300, and go hang out with the cool kids in the XBL Deals thread.

I have an RX580 under my couch, just in case. I could sell it but I'm afraid that one day one of the GPUs in my house could die and leave me GPU-less!
Lucky man. Got my 580 coming up on three years ago (November 2018) for $190. Now I'm wishing I bought another as a backup. If my current one dies during the hell that is the current GPU market I would probably just stop gaming rather than pay extortionist prices.

Lucky man. Got my 580 coming up on three years ago (November 2018) for $190. Now I'm wishing I bought another as a backup. If my current one dies during the hell that is the current GPU market I would probably just stop gaming rather than pay extortionist prices.
Just how affordable the Steam Deck is right now is probably an understatement. That's my backup plan for my PC stuff since I am drifting more and more to indie stuff instead of the latest graphical beast.

I figure I could ride my 2080 until doomsday (est. 2027, I think?).

Just how affordable the Steam Deck is right now is probably an understatement. That's my backup plan for my PC stuff since I am drifting more and more to indie stuff instead of the latest graphical beast.
Assuming the device isn't uncomfortable to use for longer sessions, the value it offers is off the chart for the performance it supposedly provides.

Lucky man. Got my 580 coming up on three years ago (November 2018) for $190. Now I'm wishing I bought another as a backup.
K1IIVXsl.jpg

"That way I know I have a pristine one in storage. Then I can overclock it and it starts artifacting, I don't care."

Assuming the device isn't uncomfortable to use for longer sessions, the value it offers is off the chart for the performance it supposedly provides.
Dude, just do what I do when super lazy with the Switch. Use a tablet stand and wireless controller while not docked if you're "mobile."

Maximum Lethargy.

dockside-extortionist.jpg

Far Cry 6 PC.

Dark Side of Gaming on Far Cry 6 PC not performing so hot on PC's loaded with RTX 3070 & even a RTX 3080:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/far-cry-6-suffers-from-major-cpu-single-threaded-issues/

- Namely, CPU & GPU utilization is very low (i.e. sounds like this engine STILL needs overhauling), holding performance back.

- This is getting a bit over 60fps1440p on a i9 9900K, 16 GB RAM & RTX 3080 system, but not able to hit 120fps.

- Another system they are running it on is a PC with a  i7 3930K & RTX 3070. 

- CPU utilization is 40% & GPU utilization is 60% on PC with above-listed specs at 1440p60fps with Medium.

EDIT:

Looks like someone on Reddit noticed the HD Texture Pack for FC6 PC requires 11GB VRAM:

cio62pxomor71.png

Not like I would be getting it until it was freely given away or something, but glad I have way more interest in indie titles than the latest Poopiesoft open world bonanza.

bread's done
Back