Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Elden Ring is a game that demands being played in the den on the massive OLED in glorious 4K and not on your bathroom rig.  It is also a game that demands your full and undivided attention, and such an endeavor does not leave one with time to make wasteful trips to the bathroom.  Unfortunately, that means it has been over two weeks since he was able to use the facilities and now has a colon that is moving about as well as traffic on an LA freeway immediately following an earthquake.  He is in for a rough patch, but a game like Elden Ring is worth it.  Worst case scenario he can bring home a big bag of Taco Bell, mix some laxatives into the Baja Blast and hope to survive the aftermath.  

Elden Ring is a game that demands being played in the den on the massive OLED in glorious 4K and not on your bathroom rig. It is also a game that demands your full and undivided attention, and such an endeavor does not leave one with time to make wasteful trips to the bathroom. Unfortunately, that means it has been over two weeks since he was able to use the facilities and now has a colon that is moving about as well as traffic on an LA freeway immediately following an earthquake. He is in for a rough patch, but a game like Elden Ring is worth it. Worst case scenario he can bring home a big bag of Taco Bell, mix some laxatives into the Baja Blast and hope to survive the aftermath.
I think the game itself gives you the answer.

Elden-Ring-Messages.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. Debating using my credit on the Legends of Heroes games again. They never go lower than these prices on Steam, and never really lower than this anywhere else either.
They've been cheaper on Humble with the choice discount. I think Cold Steel 3 was cheapest on GMG not too long ago. They don't go much cheaper, but there are ways to get them cheaper than steam.

I'm still waiting on 4 and 5 to get cheaper, 30% off even with the choice discount or GMG sales isn't good enough yet

Ugh. Debating using my credit on the Legends of Heroes games again. They never go lower than these prices on Steam, and never really lower than this anywhere else either.
So, for these titles it depends on which you're looking at. Trails in the Sky FC, SC, 3rd as well as Cold Steel I&II are published by xseed and have pretty much settled at typical prices.

Coid Steel III & IV, titles published later by NISA, are still getting 1-2 incremental drops each year. So if you haven't played the Trails in the Sky games, definitely start there. The upcoming September 2022 release of Trails from Zero comes after the 3 Sky games in terms of series/jp release order.

The amazing spoderman is correct in that the NISA titles have been found with additional discount on other sites. I purchased a CSIII steam key for $24 with gmg gold in December. Already own the physical CE but since CSIII is my favorite of the sen arc, I wanted to have it on steam deck.

I also don't mind supporting jobs well done by durante's team porting these. He replied to my question on reddit indicating that his recent Falcom ports will be steam deck verified in the near future.

Thanks for the info on the Legend of Heroes games.  I already have Trails in the Sky FC on the PC, so it's the next two that I was looking at on Steam.  

The Cold Steel games, I've been debating picking up on the PS4/5, just because I prefer playing games on there more often than not.  

Again, thanks for the great input!  

Glad you got up and running but that's strange that you'd have damaged pins while changing the cooler unless you took the CPU out of the socket for some reason. The lid and clasp should have kept it in place and protected. Not saying it didn't happen, I'm just surprised that it did.
Yeah I took it out to clean the access thermal paste. I didn't shove the CPU back into the socket so I really don't know how the pins got damaged. Anyhow, with the pins damaged on the MB, I decided to just sell my i7-9700k and gave AMD a try. I purchased a Ryzen 5600X and a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V2. So far this combo is working much better than what I had previously. The Gigabyte MB was easier to set up and the bios seems to be more user friendly compared to the MSI's bios. Games appear to be running better as well.

Thanks for the info on the Legend of Heroes games. I already have Trails in the Sky FC on the PC, so it's the next two that I was looking at on Steam.

The Cold Steel games, I've been debating picking up on the PS4/5, just because I prefer playing games on there more often than not.

Again, thanks for the great input!
cold steel wise either or works but you'll be hard pressed to get the ps4 versions of 1 and 2. Both of those had a very small print and went out of stock and never came back. But that's the 4th time it's been ported. And with 3 and 4 being ported to the switch odds are 1 and 2 will get there eventually as it'd be dumb to leave the money on the table otherwise.

It'd probably be easier to either get them on steam or get them digitally on any of the platforms. Or go the ps3 route physical copy wise since they originally released on there and the vita and are a bit easier to find. But yeah the pc versions and ps4 versions have the extra voice work so rean the protagonist isn't random on whether he has voiced lines during every scene. The ps4 versions also have some save file bonuses for 3 and 4 I read. No idea about the pc versions. Not sure if Azure and Zero will have any but I wouldn't be surprised if they did given that they've been consistent with having the save file stuff since the ps3. Though I am unsure of whether they would get save file stuff from the other 4 cold steel games plus azure or zero for eachother. Or if they would have their files give bonuses to cs3 and 4 since those were after azure and zero originally.

Trails is a long long long ass series already at 9 just between tits trilogy, azure zero duo and cold steel quadrilogy and most of the games were localized out of order, retranslated and such so newer fans are actually considerably better off.

And with 3 and 4 being ported to the switch odds are 1 and 2 will get there eventually as it'd be dumb to leave the money on the table otherwise.
Xseed still owns the localization rights to 1 and 2, that's why NISA hasn't released Switch ports of 1 and 2 even though they already exist in Japan

Yeah, I have been looking at digital versions of the Tales of Cold Steel games, since physical are pretty much done forever.  

I have been enjoying my time on the first Legends of Heroes game, just need to stop playing other games to finish it.  

In the current EA sale Dragon Age 2 is $2 and the complete version is like $5.50...I know this is generally the least liked of the DA games but it's gotta be worth $2 right?  Is the DLC any good?

In the current EA sale Dragon Age 2 is $2 and the complete version is like $5.50...I know this is generally the least liked of the DA games but it's gotta be worth $2 right? Is the DLC any good?
Go get the $5.50 version w/ everything for DA2.

About DA2 DLC's - you should get them, for the few extra $ here. Similar to Mafia 3's problem of repetition & recycling, DA2 base-game can be very repetitive w/ its overused & recycled locations & questing, so....it's a good idea to get as much unique content and areas as you can for this game.

A lot of the really good & unique content is actually found there in DA2's DLC's.

Mark of the Assassin DLC is really good and definitely worth playing; it is its own story and thing, not pertaining to the main stuff in DA2. Regardless of that being its own big side-quest away from the base-game and has its own string of really good main quests & some good side stuff, it's most definitely still worth playing - especially since Tallis rules; she's mad cool. And there's an awesome boss fight at the end there, too.

Legacy DLC is super-important, as it ties directly into something in DA:I. Without certain knowledge from DA2: Legacy DLC, something important in DAI base-game feels really missing & left-out. This one thing was often a big deal w/ me with DAI b/c I felt something was lacking & unexplained to me, until I actually played DA2 Legacy...b/c BioWare actually purposely made sure that you should go play Legacy DLC for DA2...without going too much into this here. Also, Legacy DLC has one of the BEST Final Boss fights in DA2 - so, easy recommendation for that. It's the best of the two main DA2 DLC's, IMHO.

If you want the details, it's in the Spoilers below - but if you really plan to play DA2, DA2 Legacy, and DAI GOTY - ignore & skip the spoiler section...and experience it for yourself.

MAJOR DA2 SPOILERS for DA2: Legacy DLC; and also DA: Inquisition base-game & Trespasser DLC.

Corypheus, who is the villain of DA2: Legacy, is actually also DAI base-game's villain. Even though Solas (one of your party members in DAI) basically manipulates this entire situation for his own needs and purposes & also for his future over in DAI GOTY, it's also so he (Solas) likely can be DA4's villain.

A lot of Solas' explanation is found in DA:I Trespasser DLC, since it's such an abrupt ending to DA:I. A lot of the good and important stuff in DAI is in Trespasser DLC, which serves actually as an Epilogue of sorts to DAI.

He (Solas) manipulated the situation so Corypheus can cause all kinds of problems first to the world, basically take-out Corypheus (it's why Solas helps out your party - b/c he can't do it alone), and then Solas turns on you at the end of DAI base-game - so he likely can take-over from where Cory left off.

Without DA2 Legacy, you'll never really know in detail how much of a problem Corpyheus is & how important he is to the actual history of himself, The Hawke Family, the Wardens & DA Lore overall.

I have been enjoying my time on the first Legends of Heroes game, just need to stop playing other games to finish it.
Heh, that would be 1989's Dragon Slayer. So you're probably actually playing the first of the Trails/Kiseki series. Which I actually plan on playing again soon on Steam Deck. Just be warned, Sky FC and SC are basically one game that had to be split late in development. I personally wasn't hooked until the ending of FC and then had to pick up SC right away.

Heh, that would be 1989's Dragon Slayer. So you're probably actually playing the first of the Trails/Kiseki series. Which I actually plan on playing again soon on Steam Deck. Just be warned, Sky FC and SC are basically one game that had to be split late in development. I personally wasn't hooked until the ending of FC and then had to pick up SC right away.
Yeah, I should have said the first Trails game. I should expect people to call me out when I say something like that, my 17 year old corrects me constantly. :wall:

a little while back i hit 5k on steam. back in the day i was all in on the +1 game, buying every goddamn bundle i could find and diving DEEP into the cesspool here. a few years back i had an existential crisis and quickly got out, only buying games i'm pretty sure i'd play. so seeing that badge pop for me was like a "huh, interesting" moment for me. cuz being a 40 year old dude...
sorry, i had a brief mid life crisis there. what was i saying? fuck it, games...

Assassin's Creed® Chronicles China(uplay) - VN76-RM8W-MBAH-F8DN , JARX-7GEU-NKPA-TTV3
Assassin's Creed® III(uplay) - VHMM-BWCG-4C4L-GJM4
Battlefield 3 Origin Key - G2XP-WV5Z-26DW-FSUY-P2PH
BioShock: The Collection - GNW9T-RWMPK-8DVLY
Blackguards - L362G-AHGQF-QZXA9
BLACKHOLE - 4EK4Q-G24P5-NC4ND
Blast Em! - DLC0J-6AC99-4J6N7
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - INP2M-HZXGK-FXB9Y
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles Collectors Edition - TJLAQ-H96ZM-000Z6
Borderlands and Borderlands DLCs:The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, & The Secret Armory of General Knoxx - 9A70Q-M0IAF-HFQIA
Borderlands Game of the Year Enhanced - FNBFW-KWVKE-XHHJ5
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - J3D4K-IRGG4-I6P0H

Assassin's Creed® III(uplay) - VHMM-BWCG-4C4L-GJM4
Battlefield 3 Origin Key - G2XP-WV5Z-26DW-FSUY-P2PH
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - INP2M-HZXGK-FXB9Y
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles Collectors Edition - TJLAQ-H96ZM-000Z6

These were already used but thanks for the drop anyway!

Oh been waiting for Demon's Tilt. I always like pinball games. Need to play Yoku's Island and Rollers of the Realm soon. Games like In Sound Mind I don't bother with, but for free I'll try it.

a little while back i hit 5k on steam. back in the day i was all in on the +1 game, buying every goddamn bundle i could find and diving DEEP into the cesspool here. a few years back i had an existential crisis and quickly got out, only buying games i'm pretty sure i'd play. so seeing that badge pop for me was like a "huh, interesting" moment for me. cuz being a 40 year old dude...
sorry, i had a brief mid life crisis there. what was i saying? fuck it, games...

Assassin's Creed® Chronicles China(uplay) - VN76-RM8W-MBAH-F8DN , JARX-7GEU-NKPA-TTV3
Assassin's Creed® III(uplay) - VHMM-BWCG-4C4L-GJM4
Battlefield 3 Origin Key - G2XP-WV5Z-26DW-FSUY-P2PH
BioShock: The Collection - GNW9T-RWMPK-8DVLY
Blackguards - L362G-AHGQF-QZXA9
BLACKHOLE - 4EK4Q-G24P5-NC4ND
Blast Em! - DLC0J-6AC99-4J6N7
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - INP2M-HZXGK-FXB9Y
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles Collectors Edition - TJLAQ-H96ZM-000Z6
Borderlands and Borderlands DLCs:The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, & The Secret Armory of General Knoxx - 9A70Q-M0IAF-HFQIA
Borderlands Game of the Year Enhanced - FNBFW-KWVKE-XHHJ5
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - J3D4K-IRGG4-I6P0H
If you keep going to 6000, you'll receive a handshake from Gabe and a bear hug for 7000.

Do be careful not to hit 10,000, though, that's the milestone where GabeN comes to your house and eats you.
Wow, I just thought it would be some twerking or an Epic Games Store pinata filled with Steam keys.

Anyone on here get their hands on a steam deck to try yet? I'm starting to second guess buying mine whenever I get the email next month.
I got mine in the first round of shipments and love it. I don’t play many AAA games though, so I can’t speak for how those run. Haven’t really come across a completely unplayable game in my library yet either.

I got mine in the first round of shipments and love it. I don’t play many AAA games though, so I can’t speak for how those run. Haven’t really come across a completely unplayable game in my library yet either.
Cool. I'd probably only play AAA games on it if it was pc exclusive. (don't have a gaming pc, just consoles)

I just have a huge library from a previous humble subscription and the free epic games that I want to play. Since they say epic store should work too., hopefully with just a simple install.

Cool. I'd probably only play AAA games on it if it was pc exclusive. (don't have a gaming pc, just consoles)

I just have a huge library from a previous humble subscription and the free epic games that I want to play. Since they say epic store should work too., hopefully with just a simple install.
Keep in mind, don't have Steam Deck and have not tested any of this.

But, it looks like best way to get Epic onto Steam Deck is to install Heroic Launcher & Heroic Flatpak. See this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrTg0mDm2nA

I think the best way to install Epic on the Steam Deck is actually just gonna be to jump into a woodchipper with the deck in tow.

I mean, not exactly the same results, but it’ll probably feel about the same.

I am still in line, but I know it will be part portable PS3, PS2, GameCube, Wii and part portable PC.  The emulation capabilities are astounding on the Deck from the retro handheld community perspective. 

Really looking forward to having a portable solution, that's also dockable, for those systems that's not $1000+ or a laptop.

I'm still skeptical about those buttons, the joystick and the bulkiness of it all. I would love to try a demo unit and see how it feels. For comparison I do find the Switch heavy at times for longer periods.

I'm still skeptical about those buttons, the joystick and the bulkiness of it all. I would love to try a demo unit and see how it feels. For comparison I do find the Switch heavy at times for longer periods.
The buttons and sticks bother me less than I expected. But I do find mine to be heavy / bulky. I would prefer a unit more compact without the trackpads. I only use them if I'm trying to do something in the cumbersome desktop mode.

I'm enjoying my $400 unit without much regret. I will say it needs work and is not presently a polished product. But it does present an enjoyable angle by which to tackle my existing library. A lot of games I've picked up for $0-$2 are great on the deck. If I get to the point where I go through all of the fully verified titles, I'll start considering other installation options.

I have maybe 5-6 games I really wanted to play on deck that are unplayable currently. Games take longer than they should to launch. There's also weird audio problems. After waking from sleep, the console will always give me a minute or two of static/popping in audio. Audio will completely drop during Persona 4 Golden cutscenes. And my newly acquired Spyro Trilogy (thanks insomniac_34) has a bizarre issue where it keep defaulting back to a non-english audio language.

My dumb self reserved the top one for 650. And pretty sure I have to buy that one or nuthin. No downgrades allowed :(
Yeah if you cancel your reserve you'll be put back at the end of the line for whichever new one you reserve. I think it's probably worth it in the end though if you end up using it a lot.

I have mine "all paid off" with the funds waiting in my wallet.   I, too, got the top tier one.  Again, the depths of emulation available will also make waiting for newer games to get refined under Proton a bearable wait.

I got the one in the middle even though I'm paying for it with Gamestop credit, because I just couldn't help myself from cheaping out at least a little bit

Just throwing it out there that TUNIC (included with Game Pass) finally released a few days ago and it's so much better than I could've expected. It's like a fascinating hybrid of Dark Souls and Fez. Great sense of mystery and exploration and the way the game teaches you its mechanics and helps you progress through the use of its in-game instruction manual is truly creative.

bread's done
Back