Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Unrelated to pizza, but for any children of the 90s here, Batman: The Animated Series Blu-Ray collection—including the later New Batman Adventures episodes, Mask of the Phantasm, and Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero (though not Mystery of the Batwoman for some reason) is on sale on Amazon for $30, which I believe is a historical low. It’s supposed to come with a digital code, as well, though since the collection released in 2018 there’s a good chance it’s expired by now.

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complete-Animated-BD-Blu-ray/dp/B07J33MNCV/ref=sr_1_3?crid=23S7ZMFY36OYG&keywords=batman+animated+series+blu+ray&qid=1649293916&sprefix=Batman+anim%2Caps%2C744&sr=8-3
I haven't watched it yet, but bought it around BF last year and the digital code redeemed fine for me despite the expiration date. Hopefully it still works.

Last edited:
Bought a Mystery Bundle and got 2 keys already own ( awaiting SteamDeck so having fun buying mystery bundles again...might turn this into a weekly thing.)

Main Assembly

JAXBQ-5H0FN-REBBC

Warhammer 40,000 Gladius - Relics of War

W0YEE-FCE0Y-Y070P

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't watched it yet, but bought it around BF last year and the digital code redeemed fine for me despite the expiration date. Hopefully it still works.
The reviews I read from around the time this released said the digital code only redeemed SD versions of the episodes, was that still true when you redeemed it last year, or had they updated it with the HD remasters?

The reviews I read from around the time this released said the digital code only redeemed SD versions of the episodes, was that still true when you redeemed it last year, or had they updated it with the HD remasters?
I didn't actually watch them, but just checked VUDU and it says you purchased HDX and says HDX for the individual episodes so I'm assuming that means they're HD?

Last edited:
Unrelated to pizza, but for any children of the 90s here, Batman: The Animated Series Blu-Ray collection—including the later New Batman Adventures episodes, Mask of the Phantasm, and Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero (though not Mystery of the Batwoman for some reason) is on sale on Amazon for $30, which I believe is a historical low. It’s supposed to come with a digital code, as well, though since the collection released in 2018 there’s a good chance it’s expired by now.

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complete-Animated-BD-Blu-ray/dp/B07J33MNCV/ref=sr_1_3?crid=23S7ZMFY36OYG&keywords=batman+animated+series+blu+ray&qid=1649293916&sprefix=Batman+anim%2Caps%2C744&sr=8-3
Thanks, been on my list of things to get one day.

Still waiting on my steam deck email. I'm so back and forth on getting it vs saving that money for a decent 1080 60fps capable desktop cause I alread have a nice 2k monitor I use for work..(no idea on cost for that pc as I'm a console gamer) My mind changes each week though. 🤣

Still waiting on my steam deck email. I'm so back and forth on getting it vs saving that money for a decent 1080 60fps capable desktop cause I alread have a nice 2k monitor I use for work..(no idea on cost for that pc as I'm a console gamer) My mind changes each week though.
Speaking as someone owning both, I would go for a capable desktop first - especially with cards dropping. A desktop is very much more of a primary gaming product when coupled with a good display. Deck is just a fun gadget to mess around with.

I used my deck quite a bit over its first month since my primary gaming display had died (2016 samsung ks8500). Last week I replaced it with a TCL 55R646. As a result I'm not using my deck for much aside from VN's right now. Was disappointed that I cannot even launch the Chrono Cross Remaster on it today. Wanted to use it for Radical Dreamers tonight. But at least there's reasonable hope for updates / modding to address this in the future.

Speaking as someone owning both, I would go for a capable desktop first - especially with cards dropping. A desktop is very much more of a primary gaming product when coupled with a good display. Deck is just a fun gadget to mess around with.

I used my deck quite a bit over its first month since my primary gaming display had died (2016 samsung ks8500). Last week I replaced it with a TCL 55R646. As a result I'm not using my deck for much aside from VN's right now. Was disappointed that I cannot even launch the Chrono Cross Remaster on it today. Wanted to use it for Radical Dreamers tonight. But at least there's reasonable hope for updates / modding to address this in the future.
This probably isn't a simple answer... but is it better to build a pc from scratch? Or find a decent already built gaming pc? Since I'm not looking to build a beast

This probably isn't a simple answer... but is it better to build a pc from scratch? Or find a decent already built gaming pc? Since I'm not looking to build a beast
I'd say that really depends on the individual and what they enjoy / have time for. I enjoy building, customizing, modding, overclocking, and such - so my preference is strongly in that direction. Buying a prebuilt makes additional sense when it has been, at times, the only realistic way to get a gpu.

To echo that, given current GPU prices, it might be more cost effective to go for a pre-built.  But I would avoid mainstream brand stuff and go for websites that sort of do custom builds but have the benefit of mass buying GPUs.  One example is ibuypower but I am sure there are plenty of others.

Saw this Turtle Beach Xbox-style wired-controller for $30 on Best Buy  - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/turtle-beach-recon-controller-wired-controller-for-xbox-series-x-xbox-series-s-xbox-one-windows-pcs-with-remappable-buttons-black/6466883.p?skuId=6466883

Anyone tried this controller? Any thoughts? Especially if you tried on PC?

Also, what do you guys use and/or like for controllers for PC these days?'

I have Logitech F310's, which are similar to old-school Playstation controller w/ the analogs - but I am so much more used to Xbox 360 for Windows Gamepads w/ the positioning of the D-Pad in the Xbox style these days. I really like that it has both DirectInput and XInput toggle buttons, which can be useful for older games; I wish more PC controllers would do that & have that feature, TBH. And I also like the Left D-Pad and Left Analog stick's button where  you can flip the functions b/t the two.

And well, finding any of those old Xbox for Windows Controllers (S-Controller) new & cheap....gonna be probably impossible, since the Xbox 1 and XSS/XSX controllers exist and are what's out there.

Controllers? I like the 8bitdo Pro 2 for older stuff and an Xbox Series controller for newer. I still have my old wired 360 controller for occasional use, but I'm less enamored of the d-pad these days.

Still waiting on my steam deck email. I'm so back and forth on getting it vs saving that money for a decent 1080 60fps capable desktop cause I alread have a nice 2k monitor I use for work..(no idea on cost for that pc as I'm a console gamer) My mind changes each week though.
https://slickdeals.net/f/15716008-hp-victus-15l-gaming-desktop-ryzen-5600g-8gb-ram-256gb-ssd-rtx-3060-ti-975-free-s-h-925-for-rtx-3060?src=popular_recombee

About $1000 will get you a 1080p prebuilt. You would just need to add more RAM.

I don't think you'll be able to build your own for much less. 3060TIs will be around $500 the future so that would leave $500 for everything else. Prebuilt also comes with a warranty.

Day 8 into Q2 of "Awaiting Steamdeck"  

Decided to do something fun by building up my Steam portfolio (400+ games, but hey who's counting).  

I am purchasing mystery bundles and keys that are duplicates, games I won't like, or games that look really awesome, but I know I will suck at (looking at any of those 4x space sim games).

Think going to start this on Fridays (also would love to know if any of these are decent games)

Games this week are (15 in bundle, 10 listed below):

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (never got into this series)

2200G-638M9-9EVJF

Driftland: The Magic Revival (own, haven't played)

GR7TG-YJJAL-V9D4T

Spirit Hunter: Death Mark (too scary...don't judge)

BDAPG-FD4M3-WMGTL

Oddworld: New & Tasty (see above)

FA8LD-V0N6V-HNN3M

Fling to the Finish (co-op...i have no friends lol)

NAQ5M-8TMKR-AYT6N

Hob (own, haven't played)

EIJNZ-4VK9W-G8BXL

They Bleed Pixels (ewww)

9BT8E-DH808-M7LMY

Railway Empite (sim, looks awesome, but again I stink at these)

QC2FT-N54IV-FBIKG

Ascension to the Throne (sim)

QC2FT-N54IV-FBIKG

Automachef (own, haven't played)

WDV85-IIZI9-KY632

(I kept Sexy Brutale, AER, Niffelheim,Conglomerate 451, Victor Vran ARPG)

Storage question...for those using SSD (SATA or NVMe) for game storage, is there a noticeable uptick in load times? My games are currently on a 5TB whirligig (of which 2.74TB is used), but am doing some budget friendly household computer uplifts, and am wondering if it's worth slashing my storage space for increased speed. I was already planning to swap out my OS drive (240GB 2.5" SATA SSD) for a like size M.2 NVMe, so I'm at a thinking point. A 2TB NVMe is out of the budget, but I could do 1TB (or possibly 500GB if I swap games to/from my current 5TB platter). I guess it would help if I got out of the habit of having any game I may want to play persistently installed, but I do like to bounce between a few games at any given time. And modded installs (i.e. Skyrim) are not something that gets uninstalled unless I blow up the game to re-mod.   

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
For me there's a small discernable difference between a sata ssd and a pci-e 3.0 nvme ssd (for OS and most frequently used games). The margin is further diminshed going from pci-e 3.0 to pci-e 4.0 drives. Those are probably best appreciated when moving around large files.

I've seen higher end 2tb pci-e 3.0 drives like the 970 Evo+ close to the $150 mark on occasion recently.

Thoughts?
Its really really game dependent, and its not always obvious either. Like GTA5 you would think, big game would benefit, but the way its coded it makes almost no difference due to all the networking and what not on load times. Meanwhile KF2 and airport CEO (for some reason), are dog slow on hdds in comparison to an nvme.

Others like mp fps, its hit or miss, you will load faster, but then you're waiting on a whole lobby of other people who probably aren't using a faster drive, so in the end it doesnt matter there either.

Personally I run with 2 nvme, one for OS and then one for games I am currently playing, then just have a large hdd for everything else. Id agree with gospelman that its sort of diminishing returns for load times where hdd->ssd is a big jump, then ssd->nvme is much less noticeable. However of course that may change in the future with the directstorage stuff coming down the pipe on newer games

I'm echo what the squatch said. It'll depend and sometimes it is noticable sometimes not. I have a giant case and run 2 NVMEs (1 PCI 4 (Samsung 980), 1 PCI 3 (Gigabyte)), I also have a Samsung 970 Evo SSD, Toshiba 5TB HDD, and a bunch of Hitachi refurb 7200s. The jump between the HDD, SSD, and NVME was noticeable each time on KF2, but that game takes forever for initial load. On other stuff, the differences are incremental. I think once you're in SSD territory, the jump to NVME is not as huge.

Storage question...for those using SSD (SATA or NVMe) for game storage, is there a noticeable uptick in load times? My games are currently on a 5TB whirligig (of which 2.74TB is used), but am doing some budget friendly household computer uplifts, and am wondering if it's worth slashing my storage space for increased speed. I was already planning to swap out my OS drive (240GB 2.5" SATA SSD) for a like size M.2 NVMe, so I'm at a thinking point. A 2TB NVMe is out of the budget, but I could do 1TB (or possibly 500GB if I swap games to/from my current 5TB platter). I guess it would help if I got out of the habit of having any game I may want to play persistently installed, but I do like to bounce between a few games at any given time. And modded installs (i.e. Skyrim) are not something that gets uninstalled unless I blow up the game to re-mod.

Thoughts?
For many games, yes there is a big uplift. 1TB drives are probably the best price per GB at the moment. There are some decent 2TB ones around $150-180 but many of them I'd only use as a game drive not OS. I don't think the gen4 nvme drives are worth it unless you're moving lots of data around or doing media creation/editing.

SSD guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NewMaxx/wiki/basics

Same info but with handy links to a flowchart:

https://ssd.borecraft.com/

As of last night, I'm officially an Elden Lord and it was okay.  I spent 150hrs in the game, made it around 145 levels and came away feeling pretty close to how I did when I started: It's a technically impressive dodge-roll monster killing experience that never lets you forget that you're just playing a video game.  I ran about half my levels as a melee, either sword 'n board or two-handing some giant pile of metal and the other half as a caster, pew-pewing guys and chargin' muh laz0rz at the bosses so I felt like I got a pretty good span of experience.

As noted, it's technically well done.  The visuals are outstanding in terms of both fidelity and design and there's lots of things to say "Cool!" at.  Mechanically, it usually worked well and, if you're into the Souls combat thing, this sure gives you a lot of it and it usually felt responsive.  The sheer size of the world was impressive in all dimensions.  I'd be curious to know the total vertical feet the game spans versus the horizontal breadth of the map. 

For all that, it never really bonded me to the world.  The world feels like endless set-pieces designed to make you say "Neat" rather than a living place.  Really, the whole world is a shit show and you're never given the impression that it'll be better once you're Elden Lord, it's just a thing you're doing. I only had interest in a couple NPCs -- which is good because almost all NPCs fare poorly in the game.  The quest lines largely felt like "Well, that's a thing I did, I guess".  Even the main story conclusion felt anticlimatic.  There were several mechanical annoyances: the UI is overall pretty terrible, enemies striking through walls, etc but mainly I just ended it feeling like "So that's a game I played.  Boy, some of those bosses sure did suck."  I'll probably dink around through a few more sessions, cleaning up bosses I skipped or preparing for a NG+ I'll probably never really get into, then move on.

The game will almost certainly win all the GOTYs and it probably deserves it.  It's great at its core function of battling lots of dudes, big and small, and making visually impressive scenes but felt fairly hollow to me beyond that.  If I was more into the controller mechanics of battling dudes (I never did experience that omg adrenaline after finally beating that guy rush) I'd probably spend a bajillion hours in it but I'm not.

I will get scorned, but I feel the game would be more awesome if it was a bit linear. Some of the places are kind of cool, but mini dungeons are just kind of OK to me and all. I'm not anywhere near done likely being around 40% through at around 40 hours. I stopped needing a break and all, but I miss the more curated experience. I do know the legacy areas are a lot more curated, but I still think they're missing some of that magic that will be talked about later on. Also I feel like everyone is mainly doing a what's the most awesome weapon/build/whatever and just copying it. No one is really doing a sense of discovery. I do check the wikis for how the weapons raise in leveling up once I find them, otherwise it would be extremely grindy. Also, no I don't know the details of endlessly grinding some bird area or whatever. To me it feels possibly too big in scope, with mainly blank areas overall in places. Also some of the bosses feel too much of a variation on each other like those guys guarding the trees. My build is not OP, and just OK strong, making a more armor wielding person, so I'm not someone trying to cheese with a million abilities of some katana or something. I like the game enough to eventually finish it, but I feel I like Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 are better than this. I also like Bloodborne a lot more than this. I didn't play 2 much and haven't played Demon's Souls yet. Sekiro is a different beast, so I wont mention it. Once I beat it, I'll give a better review as well. This is just my thoughts after 40 hours with one character and 10 with another I didn't like much, so I started another (was doing int/dex build with sorcery). Also I don't feel the graphics are amazing per say, as I feel the previous gen holds it back a lot and you get more fog and haze (yes I know it's kind of the feel of the game) and less clarity and higher res models and such. It feels like a very good 7.5/10 for me and will win GOTY all over the place. Just a note I'm playing on the PS5.

I’ve been enjoying Elden Ring, but can definitely recognize the criticisms above as valid too. Value-wise I’m impressed by the amount of content for the price, even if there is an expected level of repetition. I look at something like Breath of the Wild and this just blows it out of the water in terms of content imo. The amount of exploration and secrets that are easy to miss is what really makes it a standout title for me. I think back to games like Simons Quest and how that required you to kneel at certain spots with certain items in order to unlock secrets. Elden Ring is the closest we’ll probably ever get to a good 3D Castlevania-esque game.

I’m personally hoping that From Software is willing to revisit Bloodborne in a sequel and use what they learned in Elden Ring to make an open world version of that series. I think a similar format could work with Bloodborne and the implied lore in both Dark Souls and Bloodborne is just so intriguing to me. On the other hand, it’s also frustrating because it’s so vague or alluded to rather than explicitly explained throughout the game.

Will definitely be picking up a hard copy of any strategy guide or design works book that comes out for Elden Ring. Also really curious about the contributions made by George RR Martin vs the From Software team, so I hope one of the books or a video goes into more detail about that process. Even with its flaws and shortcomings, I don’t see another game surpassing Elden Ring for me personally this year (A sequel to New Vegas couple probably only top it … I have some reservations about what I’ve seen from Starfield … I was thinking it would be more Mass Effect meets Skyrim and it seems like it’s going for a more realistic space universe).

I've always thought the Dark Souls series in general was the real evolution of the great old 2D Castlevania games (particularly Simon's Quest and the "metroidvanias", whereas Bloodborne is more like the linear 'vanias), but to me Elden Ring is the modern 3D game that finally realized the sense of wonder and discovery I had with the original Legend of Zelda. Breath of the Wild came close with its world but they forgot to put interesting things in it to find. Finding a thousand deku nuts and breakable weapons wears thin fast. Elden Ring is just packed to the brim with cool stuff that actually matters.

Personally, I love that it is a videogame through and through. Last year Returnal was my GotY and I had similar feelings about it. Neither game pretends to be cinematic or realistic or meta or whatever the hell it is that so many games strive for these days. They're just pure videogames and I love them for it.

Neither game pretends to be cinematic
I strongly disagree there. Elden Ring is extremely cinematic. Most of it exists purely to look cool and impressive. It's like superhero movies where it's "Ok, so what if it was a city... but big buildings were just broken off and floating! Wouldn't THAT be awesome??" with little substance but lots of fast action fight scenes and big screen effects that primarily serve to show off what the effects department could do.

It pulls off those visuals admirably though, which is nice. Shoots high on the "But what if THIS was happening?" and generally hits its marks. And I do still enjoy me some visually spectacular, if shallow, superhero movies.

I strongly disagree there. Elden Ring is extremely cinematic. Most of it exists purely to look cool and impressive. It's like superhero movies where it's "Ok, so what if it was a city... but big buildings were just broken off and floating! Wouldn't THAT be awesome??" with little substance but lots of fast action fight scenes and big screen effects that primarily serve to show off what the effects department could do.

It pulls off those visuals admirably though, which is nice. Shoots high on the "But what if THIS was happening?" and generally hits its marks. And I do still enjoy me some visually spectacular, if shallow, superhero movies.
Fair enough, but to me Elden Ring is certainly scenic (can a game be photogenic?), but not cinematic in the way games typically try to emulate film (for instance, basically any game from Rockstar or Naught Dog). Elden Ring is purely game-y in the way it is designed, visually and narratively. And each environment tells a story. I can't relate to the superhero movie comparison. The game oozes substance from every seam and the way it presents its story couldn't be more different than a typical Hollywood blockbuster.

The story presentation was different (I guess I couldn't say better since, again, little about the story was compelling to me) but the scenery felt very superhero blockbuster to me.  When I'd come across some location with massive floating buildings, I was never impressed with a sense of timelessness or my place in the world or curiosity about what happened here or struck with interest in what laid beyond those windows.  I immediately knew what laid beyond the windows -- nothing because it was just a 3D drawing meant to make me say "Oh, cool tower".  There was no sense of life to it, it was pure spectacle.  Visually cool spectacle but still just empty spectacle.

We seem to disagree there and some of what I found lacking you see as feature-not-bug so that's all good.  I can appreciate why someone would like it on that level, it just missed its mark with me.

I would say that Elden Ring is Assassin's Creed done right.  Instead of all this graphical detail going into building a giant non-interactive world, the buildings, caverns, dungeons, and castles are all highly dynamic and transversal.  Exploration is meaningful.  It's Dark Souls x5.  I would say that the highlight of the game are the main castle dungeons and cities.  This hits all the right notes for those of us that traditionally enjoy hidden secret / chests, loot finding RPGs and being rewarded with power level through unlocking secrets.  It's gamey AF going all the way back to From Software's original King's Field.  There is a lot to explore and much of it can be highly rewarding.  Unlike the usual Ubisoft formula where everything looks pretty but in actuality it's mostly dull and lifeless behind that thin veneer.  All of their incredible game development horsepower paints shallow worlds and cardboard box cities.  However, Elden Ring takes of all the Breath of the Wild exploration and makes it more rewarding.   Praise Umbasa for no equipment durability issues.  The equipment leveling and Ashes of War socketing create a robust set of build options and combat strategies.  The game is like Witcher 3 if it had good combat.

There's so much of Elden Ring that gets it 110% right that I won't hold any of its shortcomings against it.  I don't think the graphics are great by any stretch.  A lot of criticisms can be attributed to the usual fallacies of open-world games and in some respects it could have done better from a more tightened, linear experience.  But the brilliance of From's games is that they dump you into this giant, opaque world and you are free to go explore and tackle the game however you wish. If there was ever a game that got "stop and sniff the roses" right, it's Elden Ring.  This is old-school rpg adventure in a modern 2022 engine.  There are rewards in every nook and cranny.  Several of the dungeons and caves are their own little mini adventures.  The game doesn't bog you down with lore entries and audio books.   One very minor complaint I have is that there are too many (meaningless) npcs like the merchants, which actually take away from the uber rare personal encounters and desolation from previous games. 

GOTY without question.  It's already a top-10 game of all-time.  Just like God of War (2018) you know greatness when you play it. 

After four weeks straight of playing The Witch Queen nonstop, I am now 99 hours into Elden Ring and just finished up the Lyndell Royal Capitol and screwed up the Dung Eater quest line.  The wealth of content and complete retail game you get has been astounding. 

I've always thought the Dark Souls series in general was the real evolution of the great old 2D Castlevania games (particularly Simon's Quest and the "metroidvanias", whereas Bloodborne is more like the linear 'vanias), but to me Elden Ring is the modern 3D game that finally realized the sense of wonder and discovery I had with the original Legend of Zelda. Breath of the Wild came close with its world but they forgot to put interesting things in it to find. Finding a thousand deku nuts and breakable weapons wears thin fast. Elden Ring is just packed to the brim with cool stuff that actually matters.

Personally, I love that it is a videogame through and through. Last year Returnal was my GotY and I had similar feelings about it. Neither game pretends to be cinematic or realistic or meta or whatever the hell it is that so many games strive for these days. They're just pure videogames and I love them for it.
I agree with all of this almost exactly even down to Returnal being my favorite game of last year. Must be that old man shared consciousness.

I agree with all of this almost exactly even down to Returnal being my favorite game of last year. Must be that old man shared consciousness.
Definitely feeling some old man nostalgia with Returnal and Elden Ring. They really do seem to capture what was happening in my imagination when I was playing games in the 80's and early 90's.

On a side note, since finally ripping myself from Elden Ring I've gone back to revisit Dark Souls 2:SotFN. It is such a strange game. It's an absolutely sloppy mess in some (maybe many) ways, but it also does some things better than any other FromSoft game. I know Miyazaki wasn't as involved with that one and I'd be curious to see what they team could do if they got to make another game on their own.

II’m personally hoping that From Software is willing to revisit Bloodborne in a sequel and use what they learned in Elden Ring to make an open world version of that series. I think a similar format could work with Bloodborne and the implied lore in both Dark Souls and Bloodborne is just so intriguing to me. On the other hand, it’s also frustrating because it’s so vague or alluded to rather than explicitly explained throughout the game.
Bloodborne might still be my favorite. Elden Ring is basically Dark Souls 4 in so many ways, so I kind of hope Elden Ring 2 will be more like open world Bloodborne. Sinking another 100+ hours into Elden Ring 2 is not going to be as enticing if they don't shake things up with the gameplay.

If you haven’t played it in awhile, the remaster of the original Dark Souls is still a masterpiece in the way the levels are linked together and crafted. I think the flow of the original DS has yet to be matched, although Bloodborne is definitely a strong contender as well.

I got my order today, the digital copies of the series and movies still worked. I also used this coupon code 10offpickup to get $10 off the order, you just have to pick an amazon hub dropoff location to get it to work.

At this point I'm thinking the base 400 steam deck is the sweet spot. Wish my pre-order was for it. I'm probably going to pass on my 650 unit to save for a desktop. Too bad they won't let you downgrade.

Can you claim free Epic games from the website, or do you have to install the client? Might make an account with a burner email
Website is fine, I just been collecting free games through smartphone brower. Which is hilarious, just sit back and get free games every week and don't even have a capable laptop to even play them.

? Console gamers alway complain about digital is not owning them cause if Sony or whoever abandon you screwed. Isnt that the same as epic store and steam since you need the client app or whatever to download or play.

? Console gamers alway complain about digital is not owning them cause if Sony or whoever abandon you screwed. Isnt that the same as epic store and steam since you need the client app or whatever to download or play.
Some games on Epic and Steam are actually DRM-FREE. It's up to the dev's and pub's, if they want to implement DRM-FREE kind of measures.

Some games need to be installed and registered to the OS on Windows though, some don't, so.... [shrug]

Not sure how Sony or Microsoft handle what's on PSN and XBL for their consoles, so.... [shrug]

The other thing I worry about is - well, most games & their patches are on closed-systems on PC and consoles...so you might want them up-to-date and backed-up somewhere in full, just in case. It's not like the old days, where it's easy to find patches on PC at GamersHell, ModDB, Fileshack, and/or any other places - if you just need a patch to update your game.

Then there's stuff like CMOS bomb that supposed got fixed by Sony in an update and who knows if Achievements' servers might need to be disabled to actually get games to work.

And who knows if there's any games on any platform - PC or console - that actually secretly try to phone home like Might & Magic 10 PC did - and Ubi needed to fix that, once their servers got pulled, since they couldn't finish the game b/c it did phone-home checks at the end of every chapter.

Migration process from Bethesda.Net Launcher to Steam:

Some info on the upcoming migration process from Bethesda.Net Launcher to Steam.

Sources:

Bethesda.Net - https://bethesda.net/en/article/2RXxG1y000NWupPalzLblG/sunsetting-the-bethesda-net-launcher-and-migrating-to-steam

DelistedGames.com - https://delistedgames.com/bethesdas-migration-to-steam-delayed-will-honor-purchases-and-bring-more-titles-to-the-platform/

Info:

- This is in regards w/ Bethesda Wallet, account & game transfers, save transfers & other stuff from Bethesda.Net to Steam.

- Also, some games & software only on Bethesda Launcher will also be coming to Steam...

- ...Such as Arena, Daggerfall, Fallout 4's Creation Kit, etc etc.

I don’t worry so much about my digital purchases because, firstly, I almost never buy digitally unless it’s on a steep discount; and secondly, if shit does happen, I do what I want because a something or other is free.

Well Did not receive an email for Steam Deck..enjoy the codes while I wait and hope for one Thursday! (yeah lots of games I already own in this bundle, part of the fun for me though (I did get Deep Sky Derelicts & Holy Potatoes?! We're in Space so no complaints here)

Bridge Constructor: Walking Dead

R9JKX-5G2C6-ZJVG0

Tiny and Big's Grandpa Leftovers

6I4T3-F8LBQ-R7C7X

Pilot Brothers

955W2-HA23A-IH933

Pilot Brothers 2

Z5TBY-G8P8I-EQJP3

Driftland: The Magic Revival

3ZVR9-9DK3I-9ICQH

Felix the Reaper

BLX4W-7YTI3-PTBAB