Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The death of a cute meme dog who made countless people around the world laugh is sadder to me than most celeb deaths, but 17 years is a good long pup life. I’d feel eternally grateful if all my dogs made it to 17.

I don't internet the way the rest of you do so I didn't know about it. That's sad but 17 is on the longer side for a dog so hopefully doggo had a good life and went peacefully.
Internet = Serious Business

sidenote- How the hell is the Internet serious business meme 20 years old?

Last edited by a moderator:
The death of a cute meme dog who made countless people around the world laugh is sadder to me than most celeb deaths, but 17 years is a good long pup life. I’d feel eternally grateful if all my dogs made it to 17.
Indeed. My oldest dog lived to be around 20+ years old before she passed on from old age. But that's probably a outlier. My heart goes out to those who lose a dog as they are family. I assume down the road medical treatments for dogs will advance and they can keep them healthy longer.

Any of you guys have know how to fix Dead Space (the original) and Dead Space 2 not booting? Tried to boot both after they had been sitting in my backlog for ages, and there's just a black screen. Tried fixes in the Steam forum such as the one for 10 or more cores (I don't have that many cores+threads) with no success. Also contacted EA, but they had an unhelpful stock response.

Last edited:
Too Many Cores.

If you have too many cores, can't you just make a profile with Process Lasso (Free Edition) for Dead Space 1 to force that profile when in use to only use a few specific cores?

Affinity in Windows can be a pain, as you'll need to set it every single time you run the game. I'd rather do Affinity profiles w/ Process Lasso; I use it for Deus Ex Invisible War on W10/11 when I play that. Worth tolerating the nag at boot of their app and its shameless advertising, which you can bypass after 15s or so...just so you can use the real important features of making numerous profiles for Affinity settings in this app.

Dead Space 1 screams if you got over 4 cores...so, set it to use Cores 0-3 in Process Lasso or in Affinity settings w/ Windows -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2871231638&searchtext=cores

DirectX stuff.

Remember, W10 and W11 is built for DX10-12, not DX1-9. Dead Space 1 (2008) is a DX9.0C game.

If Windows 10/11 ever asks you to install DirectPlay when it notices you use an old-game, do it; it can help w/ getting old DX games going. Doesn't always work though. Still, better to tell it to do so, when it asks.

See, things might not always go nice w/ older-DX games on W10 or 11.

Also, as you likely got plenty of power to get over all of the overhead (by using a wrapper/emulator) here on an old-game here and it shouldn't cause issues b/c the game's that old - if you have an old DX game, why not use a DX-wrapper or DX Emulator? Think say either DXWnd or DGVoodoo2. Another idea - you could try DXVK if need be.

EDIT:

Looks like Dead Space 1 is a pain in the butt on modern systems; see this. You should limit FPS to 60 (in MSI AB or say NVidia/AMD Control Panel software), turn off V-Sync if on Nvidia GPU, and turn on FastSync syncing-method if you're on Nvidia GPU.

Too Many Cores.

If you have too many cores, can't you just make a profile with Process Lasso (Free Edition) for Dead Space 1 to force that profile when in use to only use a few specific cores?

Affinity in Windows can be a pain, as you'll need to set it every single time you run the game. I'd rather do profiles w/ Process Lasso; I use it for Deus Ex Invisible War on W10/11. Worth tolerating the nag at boot of their shameless advertising, which you can bypass after 15s or so...just so you can use the real important features of making numerous profiles for Affinity settings in this app.

Dead Space 1 screams if you got over 4 cores...so, set it to use Cores 0-3 in Process Lasso or in Affinity settings w/ Windows -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2871231638&searchtext=cores

DirectX stuff.

Remember, W10 and W11 is built for DX10-12, not DX1-9. Dead Space 1 (2008) is a DX9.0C game.

If Windows 10/11 ever asks you to install DirectPlay when it notices you use an old-game, do it; it can help w/ getting old DX games going. Doesn't always work though. Still, better to tell it to do so, when it asks.

See, things might not always go nice w/ older-DX games on W10 or 11.

Also, as you likely got plenty of power to get over all of the overhead (by using a wrapper/emulator) here on an old-game here and it shouldn't cause issues b/c the game's that old - if you have an old DX game, why not use a DX-wrapper or DX Emulator? Think say either DXWnd or DGVoodoo2. Another idea - you could try DXVK if need be.

EDIT:

Looks like Dead Space 1 is a pain in the butt on modern systems; see this. You should limit FPS to 60 (in MSI AB or say NVidia/AMD Control Panel software), turn off V-Sync if on Nvidia GPU, and turn on FastSync syncing-method if you're on Nvidia GPU.
Thanks for the help. Turned off v-sync on the gpu and then used affinity. Dead Space 1 didn't boot, but I changed the resolution to the lowest available setting on my desktop (none above that worked), and surprisingly the game finally booted. Then changed the game's settings to max, turned v-sync back on and changed my resolution back, and so far so good. This method didn't work booting Dead Space 2, but will try more after completing the first game. I forgot about fastsync, so could try that as well.

Last edited:
Dead Space 1.

Thanks for the help. Turned off v-sync on the gpu and then used affinity. Dead Space 1 didn't boot, but I changed the resolution to the lowest available setting on my desktop (none above that worked), and surprisingly the game finally booted. Then changed the game's settings to max, turned v-sync back on and changed my resolution back, and so far so good.
This looks like this is pretty detailed on how to get Dead Space 1 going - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2913414214&searchtext=cores

Dead Space 2.

This method didn't work booting Dead Space 2, but will try more after completing the first game. I forgot about fastsync, so could try that as well.
Try using DGVoodoo2 if you can and configure that. That can be very useful for weird situations like this - where you can force a resolution through that. Let it render at lowest rez from the game settings itself, but with DGV2 configure that to up-rez to a higher res' you want like 1920x1080. MSAA the crap out of it via DGV2, since you going from lower-rez to high...to kill as much blur as possible.

EDIT - Dead Space 2 also looks like a real pain to get going too, as it doesn't also like multiple cores.

See this stuff from PC Gaming Wiki - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_2

Also see this on 10 Cores Issue - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1819272446

Thanks for the help. Turned off v-sync on the gpu and then used affinity. Dead Space 1 didn't boot, but I changed the resolution to the lowest available setting on my desktop (none above that worked), and surprisingly the game finally booted. Then changed the game's settings to max, turned v-sync back on and changed my resolution back, and so far so good. This method didn't work booting Dead Space 2, but will try more after completing the first game. I forgot about fastsync, so could try that as well.
Here's my help for you: When you get a black screen for Dead Space 3, chalk it up as a win and move on because the game sucks...

Do play 1 and 2, they gud.

FYI: If you have XFinity and signed up for Xfinity Rewards, you should be able to redeem a code to get a free Steam copy of WrestleQuest.
Thanks for the heads up! Only started using the Xfinity Rewards program earlier this year (though we've had Comcast for 10+ years so we we were already Diamond tier) so I have to remind myself to check it now and again for freebies. I probably would've missed this.

Thanks for the heads up! Only started using the Xfinity Rewards program earlier this year (though we've had Comcast for 10+ years so we we were already Diamond tier) so I have to remind myself to check it now and again for freebies. I probably would've missed this.
Absolutely. Especially if you are Diamond. I am only gold so for me I usually only get the buy one, get one movie ticket coupons but the higher level can get free movie tickets.

xAI9JMv.gif

F0qlbLQ.jpg

Pluto .tv has a 24/7 Bob Barker Price is Right channel... if anyone wants to get some chicken soup, saltines, and ginger ale and pretend they're home sick from school.

https://pluto.tv/en/live-tv/the-price-is-right-the-barker-era

And he still could kick Adam Sandler's ass.
The commercials I've seen only show drew carry. I didn't know they had all of the older ones prior to him taking over the hosting position. Now that bob barker has passed that's probably the last person from there.

I ended up getting Star Renegades and Tenderfoot Tactics. They have been in my backlog a long time and are at historic lows.

So this is my last week doing my cushy state gov't job where I mostly sit around the house all day playing videogames while I pretend to work so I decided to buy Armored Core 6 so I can play it before going back to the real world. All due respect to Baldur's Gate 3 (which I really enjoyed but haven't been able to get back into since I "beat" the game by blowing myself up before I even reached the final act) it is probably my favorite game of 2023 so far. But it's also really hard and it's kind of ruining what was supposed to be a relaxing final week of "work". Really good game, though, especially if you like being traumatized by boss encounters.

Are there multiple difficulties in BG3?

Can you do an easier difficulty?

Or can you go custom like Pathfinder games and mess w/ the levels of damage you give, damage you take, and more?

Blizzard hasn't heard yet? Game is probably about -40% off now, by my estimation.

I do enjoy the bi-weekly e-mails that ask me to go play Overwatch 2 though. something something season pass bonus ending soon.
I'll never forgive Blizzard for ruining Overwatch. They took the perfect shooter and destroyed it with greed.

But it's also really hard and it's kind of ruining what was supposed to be a relaxing final week of "work". Really good game, though, especially if you like being traumatized by boss encounters.
Larian says that the next patch will expand on the character epilogues so maybe it's for the best that you delay anyway.

(I had to take my Game One ending save states and move them elsewhere so I don't overwrite them while playing Game Two)

Larian says that the next patch will expand on the character epilogues so maybe it's for the best that you delay anyway.

(I had to take my Game One ending save states and move them elsewhere so I don't overwrite them while playing Game Two)
I think the save limits were per campaign (quicksave/autosaves).

Desperation is creeping in now that Starfield is just a day and change away. They're literally throwing everything they can at this weekend to survive the implosion, even a Logitech controller.
Just looked at the price history for WoW's expansion last year. D4 is at a 2% higher discount than the 20% discount for WoW Dragonflight at around the same amount of time post release, 3 months.

Turns out that it didn't matter anyway since Patch 2 is making significant enough changes (1,500 potential voice lines for Minthara fixed) that I shelved my #2 Run until it comes out.

bread's done
Back