Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I don't know about PC but I played Warrior Within on PS2 and I ran into this glitch where I was just before the final boss but the elevator up to him wasn't functional. You couldn't progress any further in the game, so I never finished it. I think there were certain things you could look out for to avoid this glitch, but I didn't know about it at the time.

Do UbiSoft Connect-required games work on the Deck?
Yes it does. I had to set it up for my Division Games. It might be ok now but 6 months or so a go it was a total pain in the ass and required a bunch of shit to run. But that was really for the stuff that requires a constant internet connection. You might be fine if you're playing these.

Been playing Deep Rock Galactic Survivor. First Vampire Survivors-like game I've played (haven't even played VS) but I'm enjoying it. Takes a bit of trial and error (and luck) with upgrades to find optimal damage builds. Anyone who is a fan of VS clones and the Deep Rock Galactic universe in general will like it. At only $9 I actually considered the supporter pack bundle for a few dollars more but didn't really like the gold dwarf models.

Last edited:
Been playing Deep Rock Galactic Survivor. First Vampire Survivors-like game I've played (haven't even played VS) but I'm enjoying it. Takes a bit of trial and error (and luck) with upgrades to find optimal damage builds. Anyone who is a fan of VS clones and the Deep Rock Galactic universe in general will like it. At only $9 I actually considered the supporter pack bundle for a few dollars more but didn't really like the gold dwarf models.
I enjoyed the heck out of the demo, and bought this as soon as it hit EA. Definitely in my top 3 VS-style games.

Its a great game I have 6 hours in it over the past two days, I highly recommend it for $9.

I hate early access games and a majority of Vampire Survivors like games are EA. I still buy EA games now and then and play some of them like Hades before it was done. I just don't like putting a lot of time in something that's not complete. Am I the only one like that? I will add this game to my wish list.

I hate early access games and a majority of Vampire Survivors like games are EA. I still buy EA games now and then and play some of them like Hades before it was done. I just don't like putting a lot of time in something that's not complete. Am I the only one like that? I will add this game to my wish list.

I'm not a big fan of Early Access either because when I start focusing on a game I don't like to finish it to a point, then have to wait so long before coming back to play a bit of new content. A lot of times if I've been away from a game too long I feel the need to start over from the beginning (this usually happens with RPGs where I take too long of a break). I'd rather have the entire experience at once before moving on to a new game.

My earliest experience with this type of thing was the earlier Telltale Games. I pre-ordered the entire Tales of Monkey Island, then after playing through episode one I had to wait 6-8 weeks for episode two to come out. And I just couldn't bring myself to go back for episode two, so I just waited until all the episodes finally came out before going back and playing through the whole thing.

I'll make an exception if the game is about to come out of Early Access and/or is going to be increasing in price. Otherwise I typically wait until the game is considered released before purchasing.

Depends on how complete it is and how likely it will drastically change. Core Keeper in early access was mostly fine; they kep adding biomes and new areas without changing too much. I don't think I would have enjoyed the Baldurs Gate 3 early access though, and waited for full release.

Another issue with EA or episodic stuff... you run the risk of the studio going under before completion.

I just recently played Episode 1 of "Blues and Bullets" (it must've been in a bundle at some point) and it wasn't bad. Had some bugs and the controls didn't feel great in parts, but the story and visuals were good. The company went under after releasing only 2 of 5 episodes. I read some people in the discussion talking about buying a season pass at one point (just looked, it's still available on Humble).

I also will throw in my vote for DRG survival. The mining and objectives and such really make it feel a decent bit different then most Vampire Survivor likes. The graphics are nice, the guns feel alright, and the upgrades are a little pedestrian, but still feel alright. I do feel this will be burnt out once I complete the 3 levels and a few of the difficulty options, but it's quite polished and the developers are good ones. It is worth around the $10 mark it's going for and maybe when it's fully loaded and released it will probably push more to the $15-20 mark. I've played many, many bad Vampire Survivors like games. I reviewed many, many Steam Fest ones that couldn't hold a candle to this.

I'm also going to try out for an hour or both Astlibra and Spell Rogue (have an idea of this one from a Steam Fest and it's also in EA) of which I'll give likely more detailed mini impressions of and see if I want to refund them or not.

SpellRogue EA impressions after 1 hour 41 minutes and one completed run.

First of all this is probably the best dice based roguelite I have played. I have only played like 2 or 3, so that's not saying much. There is no story at all, so I will just say about the gameplay. This is a game where you have spells triggered by dice rolls, such as if it shows a 4 to cast the spell you drag a 4 into the dice and the spell activates. There are also countdown spells which have a number and once the dice in it equal the number the die activates. An example is countdown 10 and you put a 6 into it, which makes it 4. Now any die 4+ can activate it. These spells generally equal attack spells, defending spells, reroll spells, and special action spells like giving more power. The enemies show their intents so they're easy to read like Slay the Spire. Generally you want to take them out as quickly as possible as they usually gain power over time. They can be HP sinks and generally do not go down in a few attacks at least at the start of battle.

You go similar to Slay the Spire on a map and each node has enemies, elites (better rewards), events, a space for healing/gaining permanent HP by sacrificing spells (good as you get new spells every fight), a skill space (charges every turn and does strong things when fully charged), and a few others culminating in a boss at the end of the stage. I believe there are 4 levels in total.

First of all the graphics are pretty solid as well as the sounds. I don't remember the music, but I don't remember it being annoying. There is a lot to battles although they drag on and eventually you settle for certain spells, so fights become a bit similar as your run goes on spell wise. There is a good amount of difficulty and I believe all 4 heroes have different spells. There is also difficulty increases as usual for roguelites after beating the original difficulty.

I feel this one has a heck of a lot of potential. The gameplay is a little slow for my tastes, but rolling a lot of dice is fun. I do fear a bit for similar feeling runs with characters over time, but I think there is enough spells for that to not matter as much. I'm not sure of the different bosses if there is any, but I hope there is. Overall for this impression I feel it's like a 7.5/10. It's missing a bit of something to make it amazing, but it probably just needs a bit more variety.

Well both Palworld and Enshrouded are EA games and phenomenal. I don't mind when the game is incomplete from a open world perspective. I think Enshrouded even played it smart by level capping at 25 which feels awfully low and easy to achieve. My guess is half the map is still being created and will be 25+ areas. That's the best since I can hop back in and just continue progressing.

Astlibra Revision wasn't my cup of tea at all. You can use a lot of stuff and it feels janky and there is lots of grind, but I just wasn't having fun. It reminds me of Lapis Labyrinth with a lot of stuff popping out of people. I can see how one can get lost in this game, but it just felt a little unpolished, though I hear if you stick with it you will get rewarded. I just wasn't having very much fun. For my grindy RPGs I generally prefer the dungeon crawler variety. It felt like a big time 7/10 game where it has a lot of systems and does a lot of stuff, but I just didn't want to play it especially for what I paid for it. I'll just complete Lapis Labyrinth instead.

Last edited:
Hmm. Epic changed next week's lineup from the early Fallout games to Super Meat Boy Forever.

Could be because Bethesda just announced that big Fallout bundle that is releasing around the same time as that new show. Giving those first couple games away free right before they get repackaged and resold in April would be strange.

Yea I restarted FO:NV I'm still finding new stuff to see in that game.

I'm likely going to buy the set of 4 Commanders, that gets you the full set. All the other stuff comes in Collector's boosters which seem expensive as heck.

Fallout Special Anthology - April 2024 preorder

This MTG Commander set also releases March 8.

I think I have to get a CE box. Those Borderless Vault Boy cards are too cool.

Show starts April 14. They are really releasing several products sequentially in a cadence.
I quit paper two years ago now but I might get the dogmeat one for myself and mothman for the wife. Some actually valuable reprints and potential from the dogmeat deck that makes it worth it. Aside from having dogmeat alone. Normally I'd pass but these won't be on Arena sadly. At least the Final Fantasy set will be since it's a full set like LOTR was.

Just a note that Balatro, that poker rogue lite game that had a demo in the Steam Fest released and has probably the best sale at GMG as an XP offer for $10.79. It did sell out the first day for a while, so if you're interested it may be a good idea to get it. I'll add this one to my current rouge lites playing along with Spellrogue (may cool down on this one for a while).

Just a note that Balatro, that poker rogue lite game that had a demo in the Steam Fest released and has probably the best sale at GMG as an XP offer for $10.79. It did sell out the first day for a while, so if you're interested it may be a good idea to get it. I'll add this one to my current rouge lites playing along with Spellrogue (may cool down on this one for a while).

Can also get the same price on Humble if you have the full Choice discount, it's at 10% off plus the full 20% extra discount.

Can anyone not get the Epic Games store freebie Super Meat Boy Forever because the captcha just will not work period? I get the choose a different object from the others and have failed it 4 times in a row. I signed out and in as well and it fails every time.

Also I'm starting to fall out of love with Spellrogue. The biggest thing getting to me is that the dice just don't really scale well throughout the game, which also includes some abilities. Also rolling random dice is getting to me as well as many times you're just screwed because you can't roll enough to mitigate damage or the abilities do mid effects. It is extremely hard too on harder difficulties. I'm dropping it all the way to 6/10 because it's becoming a lot less fun to play. I did get about 11 hours out of it, so I may wait for a rebalance. Also you can't have other dice than a 6 sided die, which makes some abilities very hard to activate (high countdown ones especially). Just a somewhat OK game marred by bad design choices. Also somehow Blazblue Entropy's recent update makes it run even worse on my computer. I have it running on my comp on lower settings with stutters now and then. I just need to finish the last boss in that one, as I finished most of the other missions.

Last edited:
Can anyone not get the Epic Games store freebie Super Meat Boy Forever because the captcha just will not work period? I get the choose a different object from the others and have failed it 4 times in a row. I signed out and in as well and it fails every time.

Also I'm starting to fall out of love with Spellrogue. The biggest thing getting to me is that the dice just don't really scale well throughout the game, which also includes some abilities. Also rolling random dice is getting to me as well as many times you're just screwed because you can't roll enough to mitigate damage or the abilities do mid effects. It is extremely hard too on harder difficulties. I'm dropping it all the way to 6/10 because it's becoming a lot less fun to play. I did get about 11 hours out of it, so I may wait for a rebalance. Also you can't have other dice than a 6 sided die, which makes some abilities very hard to activate (high countdown ones especially). Just a somewhat OK game marred by bad design choices. Also somehow Blazblue Entropy's recent update makes it run even worse on my computer. I have it running on my comp on lower settings with stutters now and then. I just need to finish the last boss in that one, as I finished most of the other missions.
There's.. a captcha? I usually redeem my games via mobile browser and it stays logged in, and on the occasion that I'm logged out I just enter the security code. Can't remember the last time I've had to enter a captcha on epic

Dying Light 2 has a free weekend on Steam, I'm going to check it out. I always wanted it, was just waiting for the right price... And for them to fix it up, seemed to launch in an unfinished state.

Good so far after 2.5 hrs.

Last edited:
Balatro is just a sweet game. What makes it special is the jokers, but also all the special things you can do to cards, the multipliers for wins, multipliers period for hands and just a lot going on for a poker rogue lite. This is an excellent game and well worth even full price. It's one of those games you can have a game a day and not get tired of it too easily. The atmosphere is so chill too. I beat the game within 2 hours as well leveling one of the winning combinations very high and having great jokers that had high multipliers. If you do play don't forget to level up your hand winnings by using the astrology cards. If you don't do that you wont beat higher antes at all trust me on that. I'm raising my grade to probably about a 9/10 although right now it's probably more of an 8.5 (great game maybe not amazing with this score). It's just unique and cool.

Balatro is just a sweet game. What makes it special is the jokers, but also all the special things you can do to cards, the multipliers for wins, multipliers period for hands and just a lot going on for a poker rogue lite. This is an excellent game and well worth even full price. It's one of those games you can have a game a day and not get tired of it too easily. The atmosphere is so chill too. I beat the game within 2 hours as well leveling one of the winning combinations very high and having great jokers that had high multipliers. If you do play don't forget to level up your hand winnings by using the astrology cards. If you don't do that you wont beat higher antes at all trust me on that. I'm raising my grade to probably about a 9/10 although right now it's probably more of an 8.5 (great game maybe not amazing with this score). It's just unique and cool.

Sadly, I'm not having as much fun. Some times there is just no point to a run very early on, to where you should just quit and start over. The game very much matters on joker RNG. Even then, I've also had runs completely destroyed by a boss blind, rather conveniently. At least the dev's just nerfed "The Arm" boss.

Sadly, I'm not having as much fun. Some times there is just no point to a run very early on, to where you should just quit and start over. The game very much matters on joker RNG. Even then, I've also had runs completely destroyed by a boss blind, rather conveniently. At least the dev's just nerfed "The Arm" boss.
I like to manipulate RNG unless I feel it's super unfair RNG (Spellrogue comes to mind as a recent example). You do need to get good jokers for sure especially the multiplier ones that multiply the final multipliers (think their multiplier is black highlighted). Early on though powering up hands, getting new or removing more worthless cards can help you win. Later on without good jokers you are screwed. Just like a song says, "You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them." It isn't perfect for sure and I still haven't beaten the boss that makes your cards have less multiplier/values to start.

Explain "it's a great game" vs. "I beat it in 2hrs". Is that like one completed run through a roguelike deckbuilder?

Explain "it's a great game" vs. "I beat it in 2hrs". Is that like one completed run through a roguelike deckbuilder?
Yeah I consider one complete run as I beat it and usually log that into howlongtobeat. Reaching ante level 8, in other words beating 7 bosses, and beating the boss at the end of that part is considered a win for said deck. It's not too easy. If you manage to beat the game with 5 different decks you get challenges as well. Also as usual when you beat a game with a deck you can go up one difficulty with said deck to make the game harder. I consider it a great game as many times a game is so frustrating to beat in the first place (Skul the Hero Slayer, Blade Assault and Blazblue: Entropy Effect come to mind), so I don't want to replay them. I want to discover all the jokers, win with different decks, and just chill with the poker vibes. It to me is one of those play it once a day as the games are not very long type rogue lite game.

Last edited:
Finally finished Blazblue: Entropy Effect in a bit over 12 hours. It has a very cheap final boss. It also gets the award for somehow running worse and worse with every patch that was done to the game. I don't know why it runs so badly on my computer still getting bits of lag even with everything turned down to the absolute minimum other than the resolution, and a smaller resolution didn't help performance. This one lacks a lot in variety of enemies/bosses/abilities but makes up for it some with decent fighting moves that feel like a fighting game and are very nice to pull off. This is a flawed game for sure, but it's good enough to be about a 6.5/10 in my books. The graphics and fighting were nice, while everything else was meh especially the kind of drudging story, of which I lost all interest by the time I finished the game. Off to the uninstall bin for you!

If anyone is curious about a bundle game especially among running bundles, if it's been bundled a few times I likely have it, and I will give impressions like I've done in the Fanatical thread. I'm likely going to try out a bunch of games and give impressions while I figure out what the next long term game I'm playing and long term rogue lite as well (Balatro doesn't count here). I will likely finally play the FF7 remake on PS5 to get ready for the sequel coming out next week.

Last edited:
Finally finished Blazblue: Entropy Effect in a bit over 12 hours. It has a very cheap final boss. It also gets the award for somehow running worse and worse with every patch that was done to the game. I don't know why it runs so badly on my computer still getting bits of lag even with everything turned down to the absolute minimum other than the resolution, and a smaller resolution didn't help performance. This one lacks a lot in variety of enemies/bosses/abilities but makes up for it some with decent fighting moves that feel like a fighting game and are very nice to pull off. This is a flawed game for sure, but it's good enough to be about a 6.5/10 in my books. The graphics and fighting were nice, while everything else was meh especially the kind of drudging story, of which I lost all interest by the time I finished the game. Off to the uninstall bin for you!

If anyone is curious about a bundle game especially among running bundles, if it's been bundled a few times I likely have it, and I will give impressions like I've done in the Fanatical thread. I'm likely going to try out a bunch of games and give impressions while I figure out what the next long term game I'm playing and long term rogue lite as well (Balatro doesn't count here). I will likely finally play the FF7 remake on PS5 to get ready for the sequel coming out next week.

Any experience with Oaken? I just activated it from last month's choice, it looks kinda interesting but not sure I really want to mess with it if it isn't as good compared to others in the genre.

bread's done
Back